Create Account

S54 WFT #3 - Make the Case: SHL Player Poll Edition

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

Against, while they are well managed to be quite frank noone matches Steelhead77 and the Calgary Dragons when it comes to management. It shows in the number of playoff appearances and cup wins the Dragons have had under his leadership.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Best produced media: Smalinowski7

This is an easy one, agree with no contest. @"smalinowski7"'s analytical analysis and corresponding media is heads and shoulders above any other media I've seen. In my opinion, the only things I've seen that can potentially compete are the in-depth re-drafts from past seasons. While those are interesting to look at through hindsight, smalinowski's articles and data pull up the covers on really what's going on in the SHL/SMJHL. The data is fantastic and so interesting to look through and is always presented in an easy to understand format. I look forward to each power ranking article and really think they are second to none.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko

Obviously this is wrong because *I* am the funniest SHL user. I'm laying down the funniest shit on the regular and no one appreciates my genius

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I have to disagree with the graphics selection although I can't say that I have seen all of that users work.  I do know that @JSS has made some really sweet signatures for various players that I've seen around the league so my vote would go to him.  I also know that the signature guide was created by JSS which has enabled others to get better at it as well.

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Code:
Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy

AGAINST

Only because @Evok is also a member and I do not think there is a better user on the site. She was just given an SMJHL expansion team which was well deserved and she is an overall great person. For sure deserves the favorite user nomination.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 11:12 AM by hhh81.)

Quote:Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy
Hard disagree. I honestly have no earthly idea why people would have voted for Izzy of all the amazing, kind, and fun people on this site. And, just looking at the votes, 58 people voted for someone other than the Augment. In actuality, Izzy didn't even get the most votes--@hotdog got at least 4-5 votes that just didn't get counted together, putting him ahead of Izzy. Hell, @DaftRaincloud got just as many votes as Izzy. Thus, it is proven that Izzy isn't only not the site's favorite Co-GM, but he's also not the site's favorite user.

Plus, users like @bilbo exist. If you don't know bilbo, I am sorry for you. They are wonderful and you would have the best time talking to bilbo, promise.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

06-12-2020, 11:05 AMhhh81 Wrote:
Quote:Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy
In actuality, Izzy didn't even get the most votes--@hotdog got at least 4-5 votes that just didn't get counted together, putting him ahead of Izzy. 

@"luketd" !??!?!?

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2020, 11:27 AM by WannabeFinn.)

06-12-2020, 04:34 AMhockeyiscool Wrote: I would have to disagree about the best run organization being Buffalo. They just happen to be peaking in TPe and involvement at the time of this question being asked. They are essentially the S54-558 version of the S60-64 Texas Renegades, so I just consider them to be a cyclical success.
[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Best Managed Team: Buffalo Stampede 

Obviously I'm a bit biased here, but I have to agree with this. They have done a great job of building a strong team right now, while also having a strong prospect pool to build on in the future.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Code:
Best produced media: Smalinowski7

For, I like looking at charts and numbers and I feel like he produces the kind of media I used to try to do, only much better, so I agree with this.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

Best Trashtalker: WBF

I have to agree with this. WBF is always in the middle of a shitstorm it seems and while he is no stranger to throwing insults, they always seem well thought out and for the most part are pretty spot on. Some people may not agree with the way that he comes across all the time, but I believe in a trash talk tournament, WBF comes out on top 99 out of 100 times.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Best managed SHL team being Buffalo is an interesting debate but we need some context here. Is this over past 5 seasons? Past 10? Are we discounting Hamilton entirely regardless of how good or bad we think hallsy is at the other aspects of GMing?

Over the past 5 seasons I think Edmonton warrants strong consideration: They were Cup finalists in first year of FHM, Cup finalists the year of the Season That Shall Not Be Named, won in the landmark Season 50, and are contenders right now. They made some astute draft picks and trades to assemble their core, and they could still be good for another couple seasons. Yes, they benefited from some RNG, but so do 95% of recent Cup winners. There's that old religious proverb about the two farmers praying for rain and one farmer preparing his fields to receive the rain, and Edmonton prepared their fields.

There are some other teams that I think do a decent job of roster assembly that just get undone by circumstance, like NOLA, San Fran, Manhattan (although they won their Cup, they've had some subpar seasons lately considering that Thomason is possibly the most talented player in the league in some respects) New England (Who had a hella draft in Season 46), and probably one or two others.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

Quote:Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke
I think I have to address this one. I am against this. I think we had some advantages going into the poll. First, the poll took place when the BSH had slowed down their recording pace. At the same time, we were relatively new and consistently putting out podcasts every week. Second, Luke is amazing and people really like him, so having his name attached to the podcast might make people who don't really listen to podcasts more likely to choose us. Him doing the poll may have also contributed.

My vote would be for the Big Slappy Hour. It's a great listen and 181 episodes is crazy. Like sitting down and spending an hour BSing with your buddies.

Hockey Talk Tonight deserves a mention as well, but I think of it as a more traditional sports talk show, rather than a podcast. It's a semantic difference, I guess, but I don't think of it as a podcast. It is outstanding, though. You should definitely watch it.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap

For! Acsolap is the whole reason I'm in this league to begin with, so obviously I owe him a lot. He and I have talked about grabbing a drink together if I ever end up in London, which I'd really like to at some point. Ass is a pretty chill guy, and we've got a similar sense of humor. I feel like most people on the site have that similar sense of humor, so they'd probably all get along with Ass just like I do. What more could you ask for when you're grabbing a beer with somebody?

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Watsy is the best graphics

I'm in favor of this. If you look at so many of the rebrands, so many have his touch all over them and they are all unique and looking good. Someone who has such a large impact on the visuals of the league and produces bout quality and quantity deserves the crown until someone comes along to take it.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]