Create Account

SMJHL Expansion Team Reveal

I would like to welcome everyone for coming. To start I would like to address a situation over my appointment to GM of an expansion team. When I stepped down from Texas as its CO-GM I was insanely busy with work. I stayed on as interim co until a replacement was found. That happened within a week's time. When the new Co was announced I noticed SMJHL was having an expansion bid. Now , yes I was still pretty busy at the time but I do enjoy graphics and creating things so I figured I would just throw a pitch in and approached my now Co-GM about it. We worked within a short period of time to put a pitch in and it got done. The honest truth is I didn’t think we would get approved. There are a lot of talented people in the SHL and it’s hard to win any expansion bid. This past week the company I work for has informed us that our work schedule will return to normal. This happened at the same time I was informed that our bid was approved. During this time, I’ve never misled anyone during the process. I’ve been a member here for a few years now and I’ve never felt the need to lie about anything so this is just to clear the air.

Now onto the Brand reveal. I would like to start with announcing My new CO-GM. He is someone that i have known for a short time but during that time we have become good friends and work well together. He is a young user in terms of time on site but has a ton of drive and potential to be a great Future GM in this league. Congrats Nokazoa.

Now before we move on, I would like to say that Nokazoa has worked insanely hard on this brand and done an absolutely amazing job.

When we embarked on this bid we took into account a few different locations. Some in the east and some in the West. Finally we came to the conclusion that a western team was the way to go. We finally came to terms on NEVADA. Now Nevada is known for a lot of things, namely Las Vegas and Area 51. We wanted to add SMJHL hockey to that list.

BRAND REVEAL:

LOGO

[Image: 9OWUW0N.png]

THE NAME: The name BATTLE BORN is actually the one of the two State Mottos for Nevada. We see it as a cry to be ready to battle. It’s going to be a team mentality and organisational philosophy to be BATTLE BORN.

From here on, Nokazoa will take on a majority of the workload in explaining why regarding parts of the branding, so sorry for the tonal shift.

I imagine there are a few questions that spring to mind when you see this. “Why? Oh God WHy? Why a Ram? Why that Color? Why is there a single star? Why those uniforms?” Etc.

So to answer your questions you may have about the logo itself, I am going to leave a description of the state flag here as it inspires parts of the design in different ways.
““The flag of the U.S. state of Nevada consists of a cobalt blue field with a variant of the state's emblem in the upper left hand corner. The emblem contains a silver star (a reference to the state's nickname, The Silver State), below which appears the state's name. Above the star is a golden-yellow scroll with the words "Battle Born", one of the state's mottos (in reference to Nevada becoming a state during the American Civil War). Below the star and state name are two sprays of green sagebrush (the state flower) with yellow flowers”” - Wikipedia
- Micheal Scott
So the name and the star all come from the state iconography. Why didn’t I want to add sagebrush? Because that's too much.

Now I know your next question, why a ram? Doesn’t quite scream “Battle Born'' does it? Well I would say it could but most importantly, we wanted to put as many references to Nevada as we could. The state Animal for Nevada is the BIGHORN Sheep. So we took that and incorporated it as the main logo. The BigHorn sheep are depicted as strong and formidable animals, and it is familiar to the general public. A balance I wished to strike in designing this.

The color Scheme is a simple one. A Blue/ Gold / White palette. It is simple, clean, and classy. Typically these colors represent the following:

Blue: It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence,
Gold: it is associated with courage, passion and wisdom.
White: It is considered to be the color of perfection.

While these are all strong colors on their own, these colors pay homage to the Nevada State Flag, albeit a tad darker. The choice for this is two fold, it contrasts from the traditional “gaudiness” that you find in a lot of Vegas branding, and it allows us to seperate somewhat from the NFL Rams.

JERSEYS:

[Image: pLvlZ1f.png]

The Jersey Mockup has the State name as the main representation being front and center. The main logo can be found on the right shoulder and the left shoulder has the state of Nevada silhouetted and the city of Las Vegas marked on the silhouette with a star. The jerseys follow an old school classy feel to contrast with most other Vegas-centered teams. The lack of ram horns on the uniform is a conscious decision to further separate ourselves from most teams that use a ram as their mascot. The main jerseys were inspired by old school hockey uniforms along with modern college uniforms. Thus the “Nevada” across the front.
For the alts we decided to keep it more traditional and went with a design similar to the Edmonton Oilers alt for the 2019-2020 season. With a dark blue to avoid going deep black. This time, we allowed the Ram to be by itself.

We thank you for your time and hope you welcome the Nevada Battle Born to the SMJHL for many (possibly one) season(s) to come.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Why can't Seattle's NHL team reveal their name this quickly? smh

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Liking the color scheme and location, looks like a lot of work and thought was put into this

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Clean

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

added to the map, and eventually the history section

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

fus roh dah

woops wrong name

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Love it

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Dat me.
Please at me with all hate for the branding

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

holy shit I love this home means Nevada sign me up

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Great job guys!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

06-12-2020, 10:32 PMNokazoa Wrote: Dat me.
Please at me with all hate for the branding

everything is good except for the name :cry:

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Great work! I dig it

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

I like your team.

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

This is awesome.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Looks absolutely sweet! Love the design!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points