Create Account

Re: My Suspension

This thread went from its ok to tell people to kill themselves to fuck the police.

Never change, SHL.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

06-12-2020, 06:42 PMnour Wrote: Want to make a few things clear from my point of view, as both a site user who is for the Black Lives Matter movement AND for supporting those with mental health struggles, and as the co-commissioner and a member of HO.

1. Bromanov’s comments were wrong. I appreciate those in the thread who are eagerly pursuing the fight here on speaking out against racism and anti-black ideals. I encourage people to speak out on this because conversation, dialogue and education are important. That said, Bromanov himself said he knew the comments he made weren’t in line with the league’s community guidelines. I think there is room for aggressive education, fiery behaviour and strong language ESPECIALLY when its used to combat those ignorant of the oppression of black americans (which has gone on for over 400 years now), but it’s fair as well to say that a line should be drawn. Telling someone to kill themselves isn’t okay, and that kind of rhetoric DOES have an impact beyond just the person you say it to, especially those with mental health struggles.

2. Racism and ignorance regarding race struggles is also wrong. It should be called out with passion and rightfully so, it’s a struggle that has lasted too long and morally should be called out when someone is ignorant to it’s effects. I think the important thing to stress is the primary goal of calling it out should always be education. Be angry, be passionate, but know the limits to the language we use towards others. Some of the best conversations I’ve had on this topic with friends and family in my life who are ignorant was discussion-based and rooted in educating. That doesn’t mean we have to hold hands and sing kumbaya, we can be firm and aggressive but Black Lives Matter isn’t about treating other lives like they don’t matter, its about making it known and clear that black lives are just as important and valuable as each life. (Just so this doesn’t get misconstrued I’m not making an “All Lives Matter” statement here. That phrase is bullshit.)

3. Finally, I’ll say straight up I think Jruutu’s points are outdated, non-sensical and, yes, racist. The problem with identifying racism in today’s culture is A LOT of it is internalized now and stems from a root of ignorance, misinformation and being unaware. You can still be racist even if you don’t say “I hate minorities”, you can still be racist if you have friends who are minorities, the line isn’t drawn at blatant wrongs of saying the n-word or saying you hate Black people. The problem with this from an HO standpoint is we can’t punish ignorance. Hell I grew up with people who were close friends of mine and knew I was Iraqi, and they still behaved in ways that were racist even if it wasn’t directly hateful to me or excluding of me. It was clear from the thread that MOST of the site understands that which I loved to see, and even still I love to see the passion from this community to support the BLM movement and further the conversation on racial inequality in our world. Just wanted to clarify that as HO, its hard to dole a punishment out when the waters become muddied past explicit racism and into internalized and ignorant racism, which genuinely everyone who isn’t a minority is guilty of.

Those are all my thoughts, I again wanna stress I encourage calling racism out with as much passion and anger as you can, just to be mindful of the language we use when calling it out. Also, yes @jRuutu, what you’re saying and what you said in that last thread, does make you someone who holds prejudiced and racist views. Just because you didn’t say “I hate black people” doesn’t make you not racist.

Black Lives Matter
Defund the police
Fuck racism

Nour

1. Agreed, I still would like to say that some of the comments in this thread for example, at least in my eyes don´t aim to aggressively educate or to show passion. Verbal equivalent to throwing rocks.

2. Speaking of conversations, I saw an interesting chat over the internet not so long ago, a person from South-Bronx was annoyed how those who never lived or grew up in inner cities speak about them. That person felt media and people are talking down to them by saying they are almost like little kids that need to be saved. The person mentioned how glorifying things that contradict responsibility, acting hard, and lack of commitment in relationships contribute to their downfall. Media allows them to adopt a victim mindset. Basically the person felt they have more control over their lives than they give themselves credit for.

That was the gist of it.

Meanwhile, I´m wondering why you don´t hear more comments from that angle and perspective anywhere, then it hit me - you can´t even think like that without being called a racist. That was interesting, one person from inner-city felt that instead of holding their hand and sing kumbaya - media and people should do almost the opposite almost and tell them to strive for better no matter what.

This of course is one person and their comments, and I´m just a bystander, but quite interesting chat still, is this a process and we are currently not past the ´hold hands´ stage?

3. My comments and points make just as much sense as burning down apartment buildings and making people homeless as a result. My comments and points make just as much sense as stealing from stores. People in the name of BLM have done such acts.

You mentioned how every non-minority person more than likely is guilty of internalized and ignorant racism, what is the correct way to ´take part´ in these conversations, just listen and share BLM slogans in social media = raise awareness? How much weight does non-minority person correcting ´racist´ thoughts have if they more than likely are also guilty of having racist thoughts/views?

Sounds like a ´racist´ is calling another person a ´racist´?

06-12-2020, 06:33 PMwumaduce Wrote:
06-12-2020, 06:14 PMjRuutu Wrote: That is nice, notice how I´m not the one using vulgar language. When you have cleaned your potty mouth we can talk more.

I have not claimed that the world goes around me or that everybody should think like I do.

You serve the same purpose on this planet as a platypus. You're absolutely useless and the result of evolution gone wrong. You bring nothing to the shl, other than your drama seeking hot takes. Rather than being a thoughtful citizen of the modern day world, you choose to make everything an attack on you. The shl, and all Sim leagues, would be better off without you.
And still, I´m here. 

Quite interesting how you managed to squeeze around 65 words into that post when you could have just used this:

Oh good, ruutu has taken this opportunity to double down

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

06-13-2020, 06:43 AMGrapehead Wrote: Oh good, ruutu has taken this opportunity to double down

Closer to 128x at this point than just double tbh

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

This is a big yikes in my book

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

06-13-2020, 11:49 AMartermis Wrote: This is a big yikes in my book

To expand, my bottom line is don't be a dick

and being a dick to dicks isn't a good enough excuse to me

Lowering yourself to their level isn't going to help anyone

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

"ACAB" - yeah guys, that cop that helped take care of me as I was bleeding out the back of my head sure is a piece of shit.

So are the cops that arrested a drunk driver that crashed in front of me the other night.

And all the other ones that do good things that aren't talked about, but whatever, right? They're all bastards. Shitbags. Fuck 'em.

God I hate this place

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

06-13-2020, 01:34 PMCampinKiller Wrote: "ACAB" - yeah guys, that cop that helped take care of me as I was bleeding out the back of my head sure is a piece of shit.

So are the cops that arrested a drunk driver that crashed in front of me the other night.

And all the other ones that do good things that aren't talked about, but whatever, right? They're all bastards. Shitbags. Fuck 'em.

God I hate this place

The worst are the black cops that want to police the neighborhoods they grew up in.  They are a part of the system, so definitely bad guys.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

06-13-2020, 01:41 PMLordBirdman Wrote:
06-13-2020, 01:34 PMCampinKiller Wrote: "ACAB" - yeah guys, that cop that helped take care of me as I was bleeding out the back of my head sure is a piece of shit.

God I hate this place

The worst are the black cops that want to police the neighborhoods they grew up in.  They are a part of the system, so definitely bad guys.

i dont think you guys really understand accountability and compliance.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-13-2020, 01:43 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
06-13-2020, 01:41 PMLordBirdman Wrote: The worst are the black cops that want to police the neighborhoods they grew up in.  They are a part of the system, so definitely bad guys.

i dont think you guys really understand accountability and compliance.

I sure do. I don't understand why all cops have to be total shitbags in some people's eyes because of the few bad ones that have come to light.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

Show me your blue lives matter bumper sticker baby

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

06-13-2020, 02:00 PMSlashACM Wrote: Show me your blue lives matter bumper sticker baby

Ah yes, disregard any logic with an assumption and a meme all in one. I'm honestly surprised you didn't just call me a bootlicker

PatriotesUsaWhalers

"All those racists who dehumanize whole groups of people and think certain peoples lives have less or no value are just the worst."

[Image: preview-small.jpg]

"Go kill yourself, lol ACAB."

06-13-2020, 02:02 PMCampinKiller Wrote:
06-13-2020, 02:00 PMSlashACM Wrote: Show me your blue lives matter bumper sticker baby

Ah yes, disregard any logic with an assumption and a meme all in one. I'm honestly surprised you didn't just call me a bootlicker

I have seen some bootlicking in this thread

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]