Create Account

S54 WFT #3 - Make the Case: SHL Player Poll Edition

06-14-2020, 04:34 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: "Best trash talker: WannabeFinn"

For/Against. Both. Because while it may be true that WBF has the potential to be the best trashtalker, he also has far more chances to also be the worst trash talker compared to just about anybody on the site. Compare it to Marchand in the NHL. Yeah he wins the best trash talker opinion from the players, but he also wins the worst one at the same time, and to include one without the other is not telling the full story. Sure if you land 10 shots compared to everyone else's one or two that's a great amount more, but what if you're taking a hundred chances compared to everyone else's five or so? WBF may be the best trash talker, but for the future we really need to include a worst trash talker part.
I don’t miss

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

There should be an award for most helpful. There are plenty that are there to help others but then there are those that go above and beyond to help you with the many parts of the league that take time to learn

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

This is quite the interesting one. First we should think about what does best managed mean to someone. For me it would be how a team handles their assets and if the roster is able to go far in the postseason. For others it might be also include the point of being the best coached one. If we are talking about the best coached team my vote would actually go the Hamilton Steelhawks. Since S50 their coaches have shown that they are very good in understanding the mechanics of the sims we are using and have achieved stellar rewards from that. (honorable mention goes to EDM).
If we purely go by best managed in terms of assets I think it is hard to have a definitive winner here but there are a few that come to mind. The Stampede are up there but that is also obviously a homer pick. CGY should be the other obvious choice. Same with Edmonton who currently have longest active postseason streak in the SHL.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Favorite SHL user: Mike Izzy

Disagree. Haven't interacted with him much at all (if at all!), and from what I've heard there were some negative comments made. I'm closer to people in my own draft class and my own team. I don't think he'd even be in the top 20 favorite users for me. Sorry, @Mike Izzy. Don't know you well enough to be considered in my favorite users on the site.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

Which user would you most like to drink with: Acsolap

Against. I drink with myself all the time and generally it's a lot more fun with other people. @hotdog @DaftRaincloud @frithjofr @Tomen @Weretarantula all people id rather smash a brew with honestly. Frith doesn't even drink.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

"Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede"

FOR: I've been in the SHL for about a year now, and probably only realistically paid attention to the SHL as opposed to the SMJHL for the past 5 seasons. But in each of those seasons, I've always seen Buffalo making the playoffs and making noise with big trades that always seem to be in their favor. Not sure how you can keep coming out with more and more assets in these trades yet still competing near the top every season without having a top notch management team.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Quote:Most dedicated SHL user: luketd

Not even a question yes. THe amount of work this guy doies for the site, it's users, management, and the Head Office is amazing, and he's someone I respect more than pretty much anyone on this site

Code:
Most dedicated SHL user: luketd

This is an easy topic to argue FOR. Luke is an absolute monster. Not only does he GM a team but he also has a podcast and is completely reinventing SHL history. The guy is one of the best.

Code:
39 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Best-managed SHL team: Buffalo Stampede

I genuinely think this is true.

Not only do they have a glut of fantastic earners on their team, but they also have a tight-knit locker room culture that seems to have people wanting to be re-drafted by them after recreating. They get flak for living up to their name in drama threads (holding true to the stampede name etc), but they also have some great people counted among their most established users and that surely helps to entice new players and retain the old ones.

Michael Scarn and Matt Kholin were added in trades, so Buffalo isn't entirely reliant on poaching players in free agency or developing them from within the system. It's probably the least reliable way to acquire talent as it requires the most in assets, but being able to add value to your roster through transactions helps open up another avenue toward improving your team. It contributes to Buffalo's versatility.

Hell, Buffalo even has a resident phenomenal artist on board in Marius' user karey.

Then there's their drafting ability.
Owens (Grum), Doyle (evok), Okabe (Byrdeman), Hernadivic (jfisherr) and Wang (Ferda) all have great careers ahead of them, and are on the verge of taking their games to another level.
Seppala (a recreate who played in Buffalo before), NeonLime, Renomitsu, and Faelax are all great high-earning adds to their already ridiculous core.

WannabeFinn and Tomen are both very experienced users, and in WBF's case, a very experienced GM (he's been there since S37!)

If anything, Buffalo drafts too well. They'll be hard pressed to keep everyone while remaining under the cap. But if any management team can navigate that minefield with the deftness required, it's Buffalo's. ■

[280 words]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

06-14-2020, 09:52 AMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
06-14-2020, 09:34 AMMook Wrote: Best at Graphics: Wasty

While there are 2 or 3 very strong graphics people, none can compete with the consistency and frequency that Wasty puts out fire sigs. Many have tried, but in competitions, Wasty is always top 2
was 3rd or 4th last tourney o.o

In a collab tourney beaten by a Gif pixel sig, which don't get me wrong is very well done but in a completely different element than our regular graphics content and could have gone either way against Dankoa, it was heavily dependent if people prefer a clean sig or want an actual background. Still top graphics maker on the site

[Image: creller_dragons.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2020, 08:36 PM by Lime.)

AGAINST: Izzy has done a lot for this site but he is not the best. He is also a controversial figure to some. The best SHL user is @"smalinowski7". He makes the most in depth and useful media content, is a pirate, and adds the most to any locker room. But really anyone from the Newfoundland locker room could fit here. @Nhamlet, @Clean Andrei Kostitsyn, @Snussu, @Toast, @leafsftw1967, @thevoicelesscreator, @Rindiee, @Matty7478, and even the return of @Patty. The management in @JNH, @SDCore, @KlusteR, and @Carpy48 and everyone else has created the perfect locker room that has launched the promising SHL careers of many, and roped in some of the old guard that never thought they would have as much fun as the good ol days.

Most dedicated SHL user: luketd
AGAINST: Luke isn't even the most dedicated user in the Rage locker room. He may do some history stuff but honestly who reads that anyway? Man puts way too much work into things that don't matter. Once again @"smalinowski7" is the most dedicated user. He test sims for the Berserkers, writes a duck load of media that everyone reads and uses, helps everyone out with whatever they need, is always present in the locker rooms, and makes homemade ravioli. Honorable mention to Kalakar for being a simmer god and top player in the league. Even despite being snubbed for the Littleton after simming for 3 leagues and doing plenty of extra work, he still hangs around with us lesser beings. He has tried the hardest of anyone to make this site a more fun and exciting experience.

AGAINST: YET AGAIN @"smalinowski7" takes the cake and eats it too. I basically don't know anything about the fabled "assclap" and if I don't know anything he must not be a big personality and therefore not fun to drink with. On the other hand I have already done shots with Juke person and threatened to smash. He is a pirate so I imagine him drinking a lot of rum and shit especially the rum featuring Captain Morgan because pirates.

AGAINST: Of course you know I'm going to plug @"smalinowski7" because- wait that doesn't make any sense. Uh in that case we know for sure the answer isn't Buffalo because its managed by Lee who is the son of Aaron Wilson, supreme overlord of the superior franchise, the Hamilton Steelhawks.

Hamilton Cup Wins in Last 3 Seasons: 2
Buffalo Cup Wins in Last 3 Seasons: 0, possibly even negative

Hamilton TPE: A box of scraps
Buffalo TPE: Ripped and shredded

Buffalo also cannot keep top prospects like Eric Vanderberg (doesn't count that he came back) or Satoshi Wizwangongzy or Tatu Macklemore.

In fact, Buffalo may be the worst managed team in the league. It's no coincidence that "Lee Out" are the most common words to find their way into Stampede players.

Best trash talker: WannabeFinn
FOR: Lee needs to be the best trash talker because he absolutely does not have the strategic prowess. He gets constantly memed on in the Buffalo locker room and vents it out on the unsuspecting SHL population because he has a lot of self hatred. I have seen some good chirps around here lately though so it may only be a matter of time before he is dethroned.

[Image: bCqVtqj.png]

Even as I write this he is weak. Expect some rando fringe player to get blasted tomorrow and leave the league.

Funniest SHL user: .bojo/GeckoeyGecko
AGAINST: The funniest SHL user is definitely (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn. I never really hear from bojo and all Geck does is make low res sigs. (Clean) is consistently a welcome presence in any situation.

Best produced media: Smalinowski7
FOR: FINALLY some recognition for my boy. You KNOW my boy has the best media and if you don't you aren't paying attention. The man is a major contributor for SHN, running the SMJHL and SHL Corsi Corner and providing all of the nerd graphs and shit for them. He has 10 full length articles posted for them. Even before that he had 13 articles filled to the brim with stats nobody can even comprehend, covering everything from redrafts to playoff matchups. He also helped me with my Matchup Madness series that everyone loves and is waiting for the second part to.

Best SHL Podcast: Rich & Luke
AGAINST: The only podcast I have ever listened to is Andrei Kastitsyn and that was pretty good even though I don't understand chess. Still sounds like a good solid thick pick though. Actually I did listen to the Simmin Chiclets thing with Wasty on it but everyone in there is crusty especially rindiee. Maybe I should look into more podcasts. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Best at graphics: Wasty
AGAINST: Best at graphics I would give to JSS who is making some of my favorite content right now. Wasty old and crusty and JSS new and crusty. I have seen his stuff in SHL and NSFL and it is all fresh and exciting. One of his latest for example. There isn't anything like it being made out there. Another mention is @Turd Ferguson who recently came back and has been producing quality content.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Unpopular opinion because I am a really old user, but I absolutely love the sense of humour of the old Renes. Go ahead, shit on me, but I think Deener and Alex were absolutely hilarious and could've gone for funniest on the site if we would've done these polls like 20 seasons ago lol

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

its actually laughable that somebody like this can be voted the somebodies favorite on this site, like did only the boomers on the site actively participate in this one?

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

I think the Hamilton Steelhawks is the best managed team because they have won 2 cups in the past three years and they played against buffalo in playoffs and won.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Code:

I have to agree with @Leppish and not this statement. Leppish and I are already committed to a night drinking and sorry but Acsolalp was never part of those plans.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius