Create Account

S54 Championship Week

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

My player Jaska Seppala had a great season in my opinion and for sure surpassed my expectations. Jaska Seppala had a lead leading 27 goals as well as 49 points leaving me a third in points. I improved my goal production from last year by four and my point production by ten. I am extremely happy with that. It is unfortunate that did not register in the playoffs though so, I am hoping I become more involved next season in the playoffs. Also, even though it was an impressive season for me it was not a MVP caliber season. I am hoping next season I can become a contender for that title. I attribute my excellent season for my improved speed stats and shooting stats. I am for sure going to be training every day to improve my speed even more. I have faith that it will work out for next season.

3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does anybody know where Sergei? What have you done/what can you do to help Andrei track down his brother?
I think its safe to say Segei is not coming back. It is really sad when someone goes missing without a trace. I know Andrei has done everything he can to try and track him down. Jaska Seppala would love to be involved in that search so he decided to rent a helicopter and fly around Andrei’s last known location. However, he has not been successful in getting into contract with Andrei so if anybody can help with that, it would be great. Jaska Seppala luckily has never had to experience what Andrei Kostitsyn has been going through but he is here for Andrei.

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which player from the Steelhawks or Specters has a great chance to make the Hall of Fame when their playing days are up? Make the case for that player's HOF bid.
Flacko Langerfield absolutely deserves to be in the hall of fame. Lagerfield has been at the top of his game for many seasons. He also has one cup and one mvp title to his name. I feel like he for sure could have won more if he did not spend most of his career with the Seattle Riot and later when they moved to Tampa Bay with the Barracuda. The Barracuda had some good season but not really much of a cup run. He has also been nominated for many trophies like the Ron Mexico and has multiple all star nominations under his belt.

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

a. These are absolutely two of the best goaltenders in the league in Cain and Kryyst - which team has the advantage in net in this series?
I think NOLA has the goalie advantage. Cain has a lot more TPE than Kryyst. But it will be interesting especially considering Kryyst had slightly better stats in the regular season getting a slightly better GAA and sv%. However, throughout the playoffs Cain had the better GAA. All in all I think Cain has the advantage here.
b. There are two Johnsons in this series - Gabriel (HAM) and Darnell (NOLA). In fact, the two used to host the Johnson & Johnson Podcast together, but they're now on the ice as bitter rivals. Which team has the better Johnson?
Gabriel Johnson of Hamilton registered eight points in fifteen playoff games, registered 22 hits and an impressive 50 shot blocks. He also had a game rating of 68. On the other hand, Darnell Johnson has seven points in seventeen games, 38 hits, 52 shot blocks and a 53 GR. They both play RD so on paper it seems like Gabriel Johnson is the better Johnson.
c. The Specters won both regular season matchups, but Hamilton finished with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads provide an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively if it hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)
We say the specters sweep the Hamilton Steelhawks so I absolutely thing head to head is a better predictor. Even if I would have written this out before the series started, I would have said the same thing. With head to head we can see how each teams’ tactics favors against each other.
d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to? (tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?
Hands down it would be to New Orleans. New Orleans is a great city filled with a lot of history and I have always wanted to travel to the city and visit it. I also really like Louisiana style food so that’s a bigger plus. I would love to do some kind of ghost tour in the city.

14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Lil’ Manius in my eyes deserves the series MVP. Manius has been an anchor for the New Orleans Specters for their whole cup run and he really stepped up in finals. He scored and contributed to many goals and was hardly ever on the ice when the Steelhawks scored. He also played a significant role in the New Orleans Specters power play. Also, despite being a forward he played a huge role on defense. Lil’ Manius was never afraid to dish out a hit when needed. This is why in my eyes Lil Manius deserves to be the series MVP.

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: zomb

Total: 16

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 03:41 PM by JURT.)

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
It's been a good second season in the SMJHL for JURT. Keeping up with my draft class, I was the second-best center on my team this season in terms of TPE. Even though I focus heavily on defense, it was impossible to think anyone else could take the second line Center spot at the beginning of the season. My weak offense was still better than most of theirs. As the season went on, they got closer since I was capped, but I kept the spot. You don't see a shutdown second line, but ours did pretty good with very high advanced stats. I'm looking forward to next season. Looking at my 425 TPE projected build, I think I'll focus a bit more on offensive attributes. Looking at our rookies, I'll still have to play in a spot that is traditionnally a two-way role. I need to get to a minimum level of skill before making the jump to the SHL anyways, and having a higher attribute average will be better for the SMJHL than focusing so heavily on defense.

Code:
It has been publicized a decent amount on this site but Hamilton prospect Andrei Kostitsyn's brother Sergei appears to be missing. Does anybody know where Sergei? What have you done/what can you do to help Andrei track down his brother?
I find it very sad that Andrei's brother is missing. As a guy with a little brother myself, I can imagine how much it would hurt if he went missing. That is why I want to do everything in my power to help Andrei find Sergei. Sadly, I can't do much right now. I've been looking everywhere in Colorado, but he doesn't seem to be here. All I can do is use my social media to increase awareness and reach more and more people to inform them of this sad situation. I'll meme Sergei back to his brother.

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down and give you a failing grade.
You all like to score goals
While I don't even try
Whether it be five-hole
Or going way up high

It's how you win a game
Scoring goals makes you trip
But it is such a shame
It won't win the championship

Because for you to score more
The others must score less
That's what I am here for
To clean up everytime you mess

To win you need defense
It just makes fucking sense

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. These are absolutely two of the best goaltenders in the league in Cain and Kryyst - which team has the advantage in net in this series?
b. There are two Johnsons in this series - Gabriel (HAM) and Darnell (NOLA). In fact, the two used to host the Johnson & Johnson Podcast together, but they're now on the ice as bitter rivals. Which team has the better Johnson?
c. The Specters won both regular season matchups, but Hamilton finished with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads provide an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively if it hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)
d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to? (tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?
a. At the end of the season, it seemed like HAM had the upper hand: Kryyst had a better grade, a better save percentage and overall better stats than Cain. Cain was however the better goalie in the whole playoffs, with very clutch performances. He was a big part in the Specters win over Hamilton.
b. Gabriel Johnson has without a doubt been the better Johnson this season. He had way more points than Darnell while getting higher grades offensively, defensively and overall. In the playoffs, it was a bit closer between the two of them in the points category, but Gabriel still kept the title of Best Johnson by keeping the highest grades.
c. In this case, the season matchups were representative of the playoffs, but I don't think this is always the case; this is anectotal evidence. So many things can change between the season and the playoffs in terms of trades, player improvement, and adjustments in tactics and strategies that it will always be hard to guess any playoffs series.
d. I'd go to New Orleans. It looks like a great place with lots of space. There is also a lot of French heritage there that I'd like to discover more about; aside from the fact that la Louisiane was first a French colony named for King Louis (I don't even know which one, there have been like XVI of them), I don't know much about my fellow frenchmen over there.

Code:
15. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.
[Image: DEFENCE.png]

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
cereal

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 05:06 PM by Kylrad.)

My player had 31 goals and 39 assists for 70 points tied for 5th in the league along with a +26, i'd say I was pretty happy with this result and that it met my expectations as I expected for not just me but most of my teammates to have a breakout season after the prior disappointing one. Surpassing it would've probably involved having a Lagerfield like season while coming up short would've involved less points, I think the main reason for my success was the synergy our 1st line and d pair had together especially on the PP. For next season i'll be looking to repeat my offensive success and improve my point production a bit but the main goal will be to be even better defensively and just improve all around so my regular season success continues throughout the playoffs vs other top teams as the ultimate end goal is to get a cup.

4. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?

As with most IIHF seasons and especially with FHM i expect Canada and USA to be the top contenders again and win it all, they both respectively went 11-0-1 and 11-1-0 in the group stage but couldn't win it all, while the tourney was less close than it was in STHS i was still pleasantly surprised at the competitiveness of the tourney, but there are also still some other solid teams out there that can fight with USA and Canada like Czechia and a few others. As for my team, Team Japan, last season was pretty rough despite a very hot start, however i expect this season to be much better based on the success many of our players had on their respective SHL teams and with the development they've all had since the last tourney. I'd be surprised to see Japan get a medal but making knockouts should be within reach.

While historically I would've said Ham has the advantage in net because of all the clutch and big games Kryyst has had in recent playoffs, this season Cain has been on a roll and seems to finally not have horrible sim luck and is playing to his very high TPE level so i'd give the advantage to New Orleans and Cain in net.

Well I can't really speak to off ice and other aspects, although both seem to be involved with their teams management, but on ice Hamilton definitely  has the better Johnson, I don't actually know or want to check how many points Darnell put up for NOLA but i'm sure it's a lot less than Gabriel who had another great season as one of the top D at around 44ish points, he also has a lot more tpe I believe

I think in general regular season head-to-heads provide a decent indicator but can still be very flawed especially in east vs west match ups due to the much lower sample size and other factors like stamina and the amount of back to backs. I do think the Specters had a good match up into Hamilton compared to most teams in the league but I didn't think it was that good that they'd sweep the series

I'd probably pick New Orleans, i don't know that much about New Orleans but it's probably more interesting than Hamilton, on the other hand I haven't been to Ontario in awhile so I could just go to Hamilton and visit other places nearby, I don't really want to go to either place tbh.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals - congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)

I'll probably be following the finals a little to see if theirs anything I can learn by watching these two teams that I can use to help my team make the finals next season as both Hamilton and New Orleans are two great teams who we should be competing against again next season. Maybe i'll hang out and watch some games with my teammates but I don't think we'll be having any big major watch parties especially since we might all still be sad that we aren't there in the finals. I'll probably spend some of the season getting ready and preparing for Team Japan which many of my teammates are also on, as well as playing some video games with my fellow Smeb's and finding Flan's to eat. Finally we might also return back home to Korea for a bit during the off season to visit some other friends and family.

past

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

For me Commander Shepard met all the goals I went for this season. I wanted Shepard to do better offensively while still being a dangerous turnover threat and defensive work horse. Shepard had 41 points this season 5 up from last year. Shepprd had the even 20 Goals : 21 assist ratio that two way forwards should strive towards. While at the same time kept up his takeaway game with 36 of them. The most incredible thing of Shepard’s season was that he had 3 short handed goals which was top in the league for a large majority of the season. However it was not all sunshine and rainbows Shepard turned the puck over a lot more this season with 31 giveaways. Last season Shepard only had 26. This is likely due to the coaching of being a more offensive team than last year. For S55 Shepard will continue to improve offensively and hopes to break the point per game barrier before regression starts hitting.

Code:

From what we know is that Andrei has finally cleaned up his act from his days playing in that other hockey league that we don’t name. His brother Sergei however is nowhere to be found. Sergei was touted to be even better than brother Andrei but the fast paced lifestyle of a hockey player overwhelmed them both. Lots of rumors were around the brothers and what they did in their time away from the rink. Spotted many times at nightclubs and bars. Andrei after a layover period got clean and omitted from participating in a destructive lifestyle and headed to the SHL. His brother Sergei however seemed to continue the lifestyle and went missing in Minsk after his recent Russian career. Since then no one knows where he went, not even Andrei. Commander Shepard will help out by monitoring the area with his spaceship the Normandy in Minsk for reports of Sergei and get back to Andrei if he hears of anything.

Code:
S54 IIHF Predictions - with one FHM IIHF season under our belt, we've got a bit more of a sense of how the tournament might play out in the new sim engine. What are your predictions for the S54 IIHF or WJC tournament - how do you think your team will fare this season? Who do you think are the biggest contenders to take home the hardware and why?

Honestly predictions for the IIHF tournament in the FHM era are even more difficult. For example team canada won every single round robin game except one in overtime. And outsourcing the opposition 57 to 17! We were practically expected to win the gold. But we choked so hard and did not medal at all. The Czechs managed to upset us. However the other favourites; the USA managed to take the gold. Despite this I believe Team Canada still has a solid chance of gold. We have great depth in all positions except goaltending. And will likely face the USA in the finals. The USA has almost the same amount of talent up front and on the back end as us but has a more consistent goalie. Despite the better goaltending this time with some experience under our belt we will have a new found focus and make it to the gold medal round. Kholin will lead us to the Gold!

8. Written (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 26 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Written option: give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high. Graphic option: the team has rented a billboard in town with an inspiring message to fans to keep optimism high; show the billboard (must include team logo and whatever the optimistic message is).

“Hello Ladies and gentleman, the associated press, and all of our fans watching from around the world. The last two seasons have been disappointing seasons. We play in a tough conference with lots of competing teams and have been struggling to make the playoffs. Despite this I would like everyone to keep their spirits high for we still have a very solid core of players in their prime. Starting with Nick Brain who is maybe the best player from his draft class with barley a weakness, Commander Shepard a stingy two-way forward that hounds the puck like a dog, Slip McScruff, the best defensive defenseman in the entire league perhaps, and Goku Muerto one of the speedier players at his age. On top of that we have some incredible young players approaching their prime like Adam Barron, a world class defenseman, and Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr. another defender. And with them we have our young rookies, the big three coming up next year led by franchise goalie; Strom Chamberlain who will likely take over starter duties. The two other players coming up are; Reid Sutherland, a center, and Magnus Liljestrom. Things are looking up don't lose hope Jets fans!”

Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

There were a lot of great performances from the New Orleans Specters in the finals but I think Lil’ Manius deserves the MVP of the final series. In game 1 he nabbed the first star with a goal and an assist Which was the GWG and the primary assist on the insurance goal. Game 2 he kept up the dominating play with another first star nod and 2 goals. Which were the game tying goal and the game winning goal. In game 3 he did not do as good offensively but still managed a 64 grading. And finally in game 4 Manius grabbed 3rd star with a primary assist on the opening NOLA goal and the game tying goal in the 2nd period.

Code:

Price

16/16

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Code:
1.    Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

My player honestly did better than I expected him too. The past few seasons have been a bit of a struggle for Nick so it was finally nice to see him put up a decent amount of points. Granted, it wasn’t a ton of points and for sure the Syndicate team around him being one of the best in the league certainly helped, but it was nice to see nonetheless. In year’s past, Nick’s advanced metrics were always relatively poor. Again it was nice to see a bump in those, albeit most likely to Chicago’s overall dominance. Going forward I think it’s important to not get caught up in generating as many points as possible but kind of slotting in to fill my team’s needs. If they need a 200 foot winger, so be it. If they want me to focus solely on being more defensive and shutting down other star players, fine with me. As long as it helps the team I’m all for contributing in the best way possible.

Code:
2.    Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Well, dang. Your team didn't make the finals this season - my condolences to you. Are you and your teammates planning on watching the finals even though you're not in it? If so, what are your watch parties like? If not, are you still following the finals or trying to ignore it completely? What are you and your teammates doing together (if anything) instead of following along? (if you're on Hamilton or New Orleans, or either of the 2 SMJHL teams that soon will be playing in the finals - congrats and sorry :p this one isn't for you!)

Chicago ended up having a fantastic season but our division was extremely scary. Tons of talent and those teams are only looking to get better. We are about to come into our prime which is exciting but it will definitely be a slug fest in our division with Buffalo and Hamilton. We will probably watch the finals as a team to understand Hamilton’s strategies in the biggest of games in order to compete against them well next year. Our watch party would most likely be pretty tame. Some beers and wings. Nothing too crazy. The championship series is always exciting (well actually not since it was a sweep) and it should be a fun time watching with the team. In the room, you can feel the sense of envy as being in the Cup Final is something we all dream of. To have a shot at the cup is our team’s goal and just watching makes us want it even more.

Code:
3.    Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Ah, IIHF is always such a fun time of year. Getting to play with players you don’t get to during the year, some being old J teammates, is really nice. Being from a smaller nation, it’s a bit tougher for us to go against the big dogs who have the most talent to choose from. As always, I think the US an Canada will be the two standouts who really dominate the competition. As for our team, I think Switzerland will definitely be competitive. We are still fairly young but the first few players who make up our core group will just start hitting their prime soon. It’s exciting to be with up and coming talent similar to yourself and I think we will make every game a competitive one. If we get a little puck luck to go our way and the team chemistry really takes off, we may make it pretty far in this tourney.

Code:
I would give the edge to New Orleans between the two goalies. Cain is an absolutely outstanding goalie who always seems to have a good game, especially in crunch time. Kryyst is good but I think Cain is a real star talent who has the ability to win games single handedly.

I don’t really think this one is close. All the stats point to Gabriel Johnson being the better defenseman. The only thing Darnell has going for him is his, but Gabe has better stats in just about every category for the regular season. This includes advanced metrics as well which should always be taken into account.

I, for the most part, do agree that regular season matchups offer some insight as to what to expect in a series. There are some things that changes such as strategies or puck luck, but usually a trend in the regular season won’t shift too much in terms of post season play. Obviously, this is a very broad statement and many factors have to be accounted for.

New Orleans. Hands down. To be honest, I don’t even know where Hamiton is but it doesn’t really matter. New Orleans always looks like a blast to be partying in. I’d also make Corey pay for all my beads that I would liberally give away. The atmosphere of the town seems awesome and I’ve always wanted to visit.

Code:

yuh

[Image: xvPjYUR.png]
syndicate Outlaws Switzerland

1.Looking back on the season Vent had a solid year again. After becoming more offensively for the Rage, Vent has become one of the top-scoring defensemen for the Rage. Getting 9 goals and being able to get 23 assists for the Rage. This made Vent the top-scoring defensemen for the Rage this season. Vent was also on the powerplay for the Rage and was one of the top defensemen for scoring for the powerplay in the league. Being able to hit 30 points is great for Vent has he is finally becoming consistent for scoring for the Rage. Going into next season he hopes to be able to hit either 35 points or even 40 points on the season. Vent would also like to get his shots blocked up next season and be able to contribute a little bit more defensive. Maybe getting to the 90 shots blocked marked for the next season.

2.The Manhattan boys will be having a watch party for all of the games in the finals. They are planning to have a party at a different person's house for every game that way they can visit each other and can get out of the house more. Manhattan plans to do this to keep the players together and to keep morale high within the team. For some of the houses, the players will either cook the food they are going to eat or just order take out from various restaurants around New York. Before the games, the players will be taking bets with each other and playing various games like NHL or madden against each other. Some will be talking about plans they have for the offseason and looking forward to next season. Manhattan will obviously be rooting for New Orleans to win the finals because they do not want to see the team that swept them raising the cup and having the glory at the end of the day.

4.IIHF is always a great time for the nations to come together and compete in competitive hockey. That being said some of the nations are always going to be top contenders for the gold medal. With nations like the USA, Canda, Great Britain, and Czechia. The teams are stacked and have such a high chance of making a run for the gold medal this year. I think for this IIHS tournament Czechia is going to face USA in the gold medal game again but this time Czechia will come out on top. With some key people being added and the team growing higher and higher with tpe. Czechia is going to be a top nation to play against. Speaking of my team, the great land of Czechia. I have high hopes for the team. We have a stacked defense with and even more stacked offense. We are looking to get another medal this year and I truly believe we can do it.

a.New Orleans has the advantage in net for the finals series. Cain has been lights out throughout the entire playoffs. He is showing up big in the playoffs and has kept NOLA in the playoffs when they should have lost. He is playing out of his mind right now and is hungry for the cup.

b.The better Johnson is Gabriel. Gabriel had a fantastic season while the other johnson did not. Gabe was able to get 44 points and be a top defender for his team throughout the regular season and the playoffs. Gabe was also able to get 60 hits and also g8 shots blocked. Gabe is able to play on both ends of the ice and be able to contribute effectively.

c. The Specters won both regular-season matchups, but Hamilton finished with better team stats overall. Do regular season head-to-heads provide an accurate forecast for a playoff series? (answer predictively if it hasn't happened yet; reactively if it has.)
c.I think head to head is more important. It shows that NOLA is able to beat Hamilton consistently and stop them for getting on their game. HAM might be able to beat other teams and do well against them. However, since this whole series will be against the team that they have lost to a lot in the regular season. I would say NOLA has the advantage of being able to have already beat Hamilton multiple times before.

d. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses-paid week-long vacation to either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to? (a tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?
d.I would choose to go to NOLA. New Orleans has such a rich history for its self and would be really cool to get to see all the landmarks and museums that the city has. Also, New Orleans knows how to party. They come together and have a great time every year. I can only imagine what it is going to be like now with the finals happening on their home ice.

daddy

[Image: ImShiny.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 09:24 PM by SDCore.)

Code:

This was a weird season for Corey Kennedy as I think he both surpassed his expectations but also did not. My player has been a decent member of the Chicago Syndicate, and I was supposed to be the best Defensive player on the team, but we had one pleasant surprise who did good. Parker Smeb was a great lineman and was a good compliment to my skills. Which was great for the team, but was a bit disappointing for my individual skill. Parker is a great teammate but I have been trying to be the best since the beginning and I was excited about this year. In the end, he put up fantastic numbers, but I did as well and our team thrived. You really cannot ask for more than what we gave from the blue line this season. Parker and I are only 1 year apart, so we should have a top-flight defense for years to come in Chicago, which is huge.

Code:
Code:

Where is Sergei indeed? This has been a question that has troubled us for many seasons in Newfounland. Since bringing Andrei into our locker room and team, we have wondered just where his brother is. We constantly put up flyers and signs to see if we can find him. Andrei is a big part of our locker room and if we can't find his brother is it like we failed him. A big media push/movement we did was to get the locker room together and post pictures on telephone posts around Newfoundland. Newfie is a small island, so the chances he was there and we didn't know was small, but we felt it important to our friend Andrei. Hopefully soon, we can find Sergei for him and they can be reunited in a glorious time and hug. Then we will forever been seen as the greatest contributors to the site. For if Andrei is sad, the whole site is sad. Andrei is also going to meet the Queen so, or so Hot dog and Ace promised.

Code:
Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Occasionally, broadcast networks will bring an active player into the TV coverage of ongoing finals if their team has been eliminated, and that player is often to give unique insights from a current player's perspective. During this NOLA-HAM finals, which SHL player or prospect would be a good addition to the Challenge Cup TV coverage? Why would that player be a good addition to the broadcast team?

If we were going to bring someone into the broadcast booth for the Finals, it would be interesting to bring in someone like Max Mauldin, who has a good scope of the league and has been a General Manager for a long time. We would want history and persecpetive in every move and analysis. Someone like Max Mauldin in the booth could give us insight on the General Manager players, branding, overall health of both teams, and still be interesting. Max's player has been in the league for a while, but also not on a great team. Which is not his fault as Los Angeles is rebuilding, which would be another really good talking point. Bringing in somebody who has seen the league change, but is also working towards that changes would be a fun person to talk to mid game. If you are in the booth, it is harder to be scripted, which makes the interations more real.

Code:
Cain has the advantage, he has been a solid and steady goalie in this league for a long time. I think he has had a bit more training and desire to win a cup for longer. Kryyst just won a couple cups so his drive in my opinon woul dbe much lower. Therefore I would give the edge to Cain.
Code:

Can we all just agree that Gabriel Johnson is the worst. I am not sure why this is a debate anymore. People need to see it for what it is, Gabe is the worst. Maybe in the before times and in the long long ago, Gabe wasn't the worst person, but now he is the worst and we all have to accept that.
Code:

I think that The New Orleans Specters has proven that head to head matters a ton. They were able to handle the Hamilton Steelhawks in the postseason, much like they were able to do in the regular season. I think that New Orleans has been a good team to win now and I hope they continue to do so.

Code:
Code:

Congrats to the New Oreleans Specters. They won the Season 54 challenge cup. They have been working hard as an expansion team and finally there work has paid off. For me the Finals Most Valuable Player is Jimmy Slothface. Slothface has been a solid player in this league for a long time and it was about time that he stepped it up. This was a coming-out series for him and I am most happy for him. He was one of the leading scorers in the playoffs and that is amazing. He led his team to victory and I am really happy for him. Sloth super deserves it all.

Code:
Code:
Oranges.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Code:

Oliver Cleary's S54 was the definition of fine. Coming off a huge season where Cleary raised his point totals from 14 to 36 while tying for the lead league in goals with 15, Cleary was hoping for continued offensive improvement. That didn't really happen. The first half Cleary regressed, barely putting anything on the board. In the second half, he started to gain more confidence and found his stride, finishing with 30 points overall. Cleary's defensive game showed great improvements though and looks like it'll continue to grow. His decision making was also great, only coughing up 11 giveaways. This can be attributed to Los Angeles incredible coach Mook. Mook worked with Cleary to refine all aspects of the game, making him a build that works with his strengths. In S55, Cleary hopes to continue to see improvements. He hopes he can get back to being an offensive force while also continuing to improve his defensive game to contribute at both ends.

Code:
162 words

Code:

Oliver Cleary will be watching the Challenge Cup finals from afar. This finals truly hurts for the Los Angeles Panthers defensemen. Looking strong coming into the conference finals, the Panthers were hyped to get a chance to compete for a finals berth. They started weak, going down 3-0 very quickly. But they clawed back, tied the series and had a lead going into the 3rd. It wasn't meant to be though. The loss hurts for Cleary and his plans were to just drown out the noise and focus on next season. He would be cheering for New Orleans because lets be honest, it's also best to lose to the champions. Instead of watching the games though, the team had a bittersweet end of year party at Jon Toner's house. Few drinks and a few laughs. After that was done though, Cleary went back to Toronto so he can focus on his training regiment to come back even stronger next season.

Code:
160 words

Code:

Honestly, detective Oliver Cleary had no issue tracking down Sergei. When Sergei played with his brother in the late 2000s with the Montreal Canadiens, there was a lot of stories about how they may have had connections to the Montreal mafia. Obviously Sergei did something to annoy the mafia and now they have him hostage. What will detective Cleary do to help Sergei? Not much. Why would Cleary risk his neck to screw with the mafia? Should Cleary really risk his playing career to help two men he has no personal connection to? What about Cleary's kneecaps? Andrei is on his own.

Code:
102 words

Code:
Which player from the Steelhawks or Specters has a great chance to make the Hall of Fame when their playing days are up? Make the case for that player's HOF bid.

The player I'm going to make a case for is Flacko Lagerfeld. Lagerfeld has been a top player for close to ten seasons now. He always seems to be one of the top point getters in the league, defying father time who continues to try and bring him down. Use S54 as an example. Over 80 points, winning the league scoring title by over 10 points and is going to be considered for the MVP. He's a multiple time award winner, all-star and he has won Challenge Cups. It's hard to make a case against him at this point. He checks every single box.

Code:
104 words

Code:
Occasionally, broadcast networks will bring an active player into the TV coverage of ongoing finals if their team has been eliminated, and that player is often to give unique insights from a current player's perspective. During this NOLA-HAM finals, which SHL player or prospect would be a good addition to the Challenge Cup TV coverage? Why would that player be a good addition to the broadcast team?

When thinking of which SHL players would be best for the Challenge Cup finals broadcasts, I have two names. My choices for the broadcasts would be both Jax Aittokallio and Luke Thomason of the Manhattan Rage. Both players would be huge assets not because they are over the top personalities but rather because they are two of the most knowledgeable SHL players. Thomason is a huge history buff who has spent countless hours looking back at the history of the league, organizing the history books as well as trying to absorb any knowledge he can. Who is the main person he goes to when he has questions? That would be Aittokallio. Aittokallio has strong bloodlines and has been around since the start of the SHL in one form or another. When Thomason has questions about gaps of knowledge, Aitto is there to answer them. They would be great to have just chatting back and forth about the history of the league during intermissions and pre-game.

Code:
165 words

Code:

Verification word - Buster

16/16

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 04:55 PM by Skeleton Party.)

[Name Redacted] did not have the season he expected to.  He met plenty of his milestones…saves, save percentage, shutouts, starts, and rating.  He managed to pull out some huge games, such as the 1-0 loss against Colorado where Vancouver was outshot 57-3.  But his predisposition to let in a goal on the first shot of the game continued to be a huge bugaboo throughout the season, causing some close games that could have gone to OT or shootout to become a regulation loss.  Knowing that the defensive core of the team was young, he knew he needed to lock down shots coming from the low slot and get to loose pucks there quickly, but that never seemed to materialize.  As a result, there were a lot of disappointing games where a ton of low-slot shots continued to escape [Name Redacted] and made it into the net.  Both of those issues are what [Name Redacted] hopes to address in the offseason.

[Name Redacted] doesn’t want to watch the finals this year after the first round exit of the Rage. [Name Redacted] is planning on throwing a Vancouver/Manhattan “Forget About the Season” mixer in the woods. No cops allowed. First on the itinerary is the “CC’s Famous Mayonnaise Vodka Drinking Contest,” where everyone will have copious amounts of [Name Redacted]’s world famous potable.  Directly after that we will have a real life rocket league tournament with all the H2s and C4 [Name Redacted] bought with the money he was supposed to spend on steroids next season.  We have enough for 5 rounds so it should be a good time.  Following that, it is casual drinking while discussing geopolitics.  Finally, we will have a 20 player D&D campaign that will last until only one player stands. I fully expect people to die of alcohol poisoning, and will be disappointed in myself as a host if no one does.

7. Written, 3 TPE
Write a sonnet about an SHL-related topic. Be sure to follow the proper ABAB-CDCD-EFEF-GG rhyme structure or your HS English (or equivalent any-language Writing teacher) will track you down and give you a failing grade.

The fuck’s a clear?
The fuck’s a pass?
The Whalers’ year
Sucked major ass

Outshot by far
Garbage in net
A rookie core
Not developed yet

At least we made
Some killer trades
The price we paid
Should return in spades

As for next year, what could be the wrench
That Mills cannot see o’er the bench

8. Written (150 words min.) or Graphic, 3 TPE
With only one champion in the SHL and the SMJHL per season, that means the other 26 teams came up just a bit short (or a lot short). Team owners know that fans can get frustrated by shortcomings, so they're always trying to keep optimism high in the fan base. Written option: give an excerpt from an ousted team's owner's press conference at the end of the season focusing on the team's bright future or however they can keep fans' optimism high. Graphic option: the team has rented a billboard in town with an inspiring message to fans to keep optimism high; show the billboard (must include team logo and whatever the optimistic message is).

[Image: 3T0HVtc.jpg]

13. d. 13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words. If SDCore offered you an all-expenses paid week-long vacation to either New Orleans or Hamilton, which city would you choose to go to? (tough choice I know lol.) How would you spend your time there?

If I was given an all expenses paid trip to either Hamilton or New Orleans, I would most definitely pick New Orleans. In New Orleans, I can walk around the city completely plastered with a bottle of liquor in my hand. I do that in Vancouver anyway, but in New Orleans I won’t be hassled for it.

Sweatshirt

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

1. Written
Reflection on your season. 3 TPE

Devin Williams fared pretty well this season, More than doubling his point total from last season as well as being on a strong paired top line defence role, he's made quite a good impact on the defense levels of the team.
With the new season coming up and him being the strongest Defenceman on the team as of now, he'll be looking to improve his numbers and also be a strong influence on his new D pairing and his newer teammates.
Devin has met his goals this season, as netting himself a goal was a goal in and of itself. Now that he's gotten 7 goals on the year, he hopes to make a bigger impact and get even more goals in his third season as a knight
(Can you say 10 goals this year?) Devin can attribute his success in the season to his dedication to bettering himself every day of the offseason, or at least trying to. He's going to try his hardest to be the strongest player
he can be for the knights and himself as well.

2. Written.
Didn't make the damn finals. 3 TPE

As far as I know, I'm not going to be watching the finals, It should've been us, we just had some very unfortunate games coming into the second series and it showed, we got complacent and let other teams dictate the flow of the game
rather than take control of it ourselves. Our watch parties are legendary, so much so that we don't even really remember them, all I know is if you wake up with a lubed up body part and somethings sore, you know it was an alright
time. I personally am ignoring the finals, I really feel it should've been us competing for that cup again, only this time taking it. we had the right pieces, we had another great season, it's just unfortunate.
The team and I aren't doing anything too special, Just hanging out, shooting the shit, getting hyped for the next season, new teammates, new chances to secure our names in the future HOF ballots.

3. Written
The Missing Dude. 2 TPE

Oh no, Sergei Kostitsyn has gone missing, have you seen Sergei Kostitsyn? Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? That's the question you should be asking yourself
before you ask me what I've done, I've contacted the top scientists in the world to use his DNA to clone him, making him harder, better, faster, stronger, he'll be better than the real thing ever was. except
no one will know I've done this, if he ever returns, the clone Sergei Kostitsyn disappears, plotting a way to remove the original, for he loves that life, he must have it back, he'll do anything to have that life, secretly.

4. Written
S54 IIHF / WJC Predictions 3 TPE

My predictions for the season 54 WJC are simple, and it's really not even a contest, since everyone knows this already, and it's as follows, Canada will win, Again. And it's simple really, We got some good ol canadian boys, comin out
from Ontario, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, Everywhere in canada really, and they're playing to win, they know what it takes to go out and win and they're always on the ice either for practice for the team
or just playin a good old pickup game down on the pond there, ready to clap bombs at a moments notice, teaching the young ones how to wheel snipe celly so they win their jr. tournaments with ease. you never seen such good
canadian boys playing better hockey than you have right now, and this team will be feared for a few more years, til the next gen canadian boys come up to dominate some more.

14. Procrastinator Special 2 TPE

Here we go, Congrats to New Orleans Specters on their huge win for the Challenge Cup in season fifty four. My vote for the MVP for season fifty four would have to be Lyle Odelein III. Why would you pick
Lyle Odelein III you say? it's simple. Lyle Odelein III is a good old canadian boy, he's always out at the rink bright and early, making sure he can get the most out of his days after eating an egg sandwich you know he's
out there right away with his stick, dangling on the kids at the local rink. but on top of that he's a good old canadian defenseman, he's being a good role model on his teammates everytime he takes the ice, he clears pucks like
nobodies business, which isn't as easy as it looks you know? but he's got it, you ask anything of him and he can do it. that's why he's my vote for MVP.

16. Verification Word 3 TPE Trivia

Smoobly

Code:

Henrik Lekberg Osterman is definitely a little bummed by his performance this season. While putting up some decent offensive production and continuing on improving his newly found style of play he was lacking in some aspects. One thing that particularly bugged him about the season was the amount of penalties that he took. He spent 44 minutes in the sin bin during the season, a total which he will look to seriously reduce while simultaneously keeping the physical edge to his game. The first dozen or so games of the season he was playing remarkably well and really felt like he had gotten into the groove of things but somewhere along the way he lost his mojo and just couldn't get it back. For next season, HLO aims to hit the 10 goal mark as well as 30 points while lowering his PIMs total. He would also like to improve his defensive play in regards to his positioning on the ice, something that he feels he has lost with his recent stylistic shift.

Code:

Since San Francisco unfortunately didn’t make the playoffs this year it left a lot of free time for the players. Henrik Lekberg Osterman decided to use that time mostly just to spend time by himself doing things that he really enjoys. Partly to take his mind of things and partly just to relax and clear his mind for the coming season, reflecting on what he did right and what he did wrong this season. He still followed the playoffs and ofcourse the finals as well. He had hoped that the Panthers would advance to the finals as his old teammate and friend Vorian Atreides plays for the team but unfortunately they were knocked out by the soon to be champions. He didn't attend any watch parties but he did watch the full series. The results surprised him and he was a little bummed that the series didn’t go on for longer but thats the way she goes sometimes.

Code:

You know what, I really didn’t want to get involved with this but its gotten to a point where I feel I have to speak up. A couple of weeks ago just after the season was over for San Francisco, Henrik took a trip to New York. After living in North America for over 5 years he felt it was about time he took the time to visit the big apple. Being a huge fan of sandwiches, he felt that he had to stop by Katz’s Deli while he was there. While he was waiting in line to order, he happened to overhear some russian men standing behind him. While doing military service back in Sweden, HLO picked up some Russian from a friend who was training to become a translator. One of the men was asking something about money, if they had any borsjtj here and if they were going to see Andrei any time soon. The other man didn’t answer. Feeling uncomfortable, Henrik quickly grabbed his sandwich and got out of there.

Code:

I still believe that Sweden has great chance in both tournaments. They faced some adversity last year in the IIHF but I chop that up mostly to inexperience in the new sim engine as well as sub-optimal builds. I think the tournament will be a lot more competitive this time around overall and I think that with the core Sweden can muster they will place on the podium, hopefully taking the gold. Other than Sweden I think Russia and Canada are the big fish in the tournament, any one of those 3 are capable of taking it home I think. In the WJC I’m again going with the homer pick and taking Sweden. I think the guys running the team are total studs and they managed to make a great push last year and the team is even better this year. Add to that the improved player builds, increased knowledge of the game and the influx of active players with good TPE levels for rookies and you’ve got yourself a recipe for success.

Code:

I think there are two potential guys on the Steelhawks that could make it into the Hall of Fame, Namely Lagerfield and Phelps. Lagerfield is less likely in my opinion but he still has a lot of hockey left to play and may end up strengthening his resume even further. He has been an underrated player for long so that will not help his chances I think. Robert Phelps however has had an incredible career. Multiple cups, 2k TPE as well as season after season of offensive production and remarkably consistent play in his own end, he is the kind of guy I see making it in maybe not the first season that he is eligible but a little while down the road. One of those guys you look back at and say ‘Yeah, he was one hell of a player. Well deserved.’

Code:
Ring

16/16

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

I think Hippo had a decent season, for an 1800 TPE player he's not the top gun on the team by any means but he gets the job done.
The pre-season gave hopes for awards and records, but it was just that. Pre-season. Looking hot the first 1/3rd of the season I carried that hope, maybe Hippo can get that convoluted Dar, but a slow middle third iced those dreams. It's tough at times being at the height of your players career but not getting top minutes or 1st power play unit time. But it's a competitive league and Buffalo is as competitive as they come. Instead of looking for success in individual seasons I take pride in that Hippo is as consistent as a player can get. You know exactly what you can expect from him and will get for a long time. Knowing you're a cornerstone of a franchise feels really good.

Losing game 7 in over time in the conference finals sting, and it feels worse when you come of such great season. Almost beating the current record for total points in a season. I also have no interest in either Hamilton or New Orleans, they play the most boring hockey in the SHL and I wouldn't even want my mother in law to endure the pain of watching the snooze fest that is this finals. They can honestly split the cup for all I care. Instead the focus has been on planning for next season, looking at the upcoming draft for new exciting team mates. Doing inhouse work for the team, updating spreadsheets and such. Same sadly goes for 4-star cup, I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have no interest in that league outside of Detroit Falcons. It's the only team that makes me feel any sort of emotion.

"I know it hurts to get eliminated, the team feels it, the players feel it and you the fans feel it. That knot in your stomach, the feeling of not being able to swallow or simple nausea. But for all the Buffalo Stampede fans out there, we know we can win multiple seasons in a row. YOU know we can. With this current and future roster. Our GM's and players work harder than any other team out there, and the future will show that. Our division keeps getting stronger though, New England imploding like a deflated zeppelin makes our chances for missing the playoffs in the foreseeable future close to zero. We can see a clear difference in the team quality of the top 4 and bottom four right now. BAP finally realizing what position they are in, TBB being TBB. TOR still having a couple seasons before they can be a midfield team, and NEW selling off everything that is not pinned to a wall. Our Future is NOW"

Flacko Lagerfield has a good shot in my opinion, while not boasting the longest career he's been dominant on each team he's played on. Getting multiple individual awards, upping his scoring late in his career and getting team performance to boot. Winning a Cup with Hamilton was the missing piece to the puzzle.
What's amazing about Flacko though is how good he's become late in the career, not to say he wasn't good before, he's just getting better the older he gets. It's a little sad this is his last season because who knows how good he'd be the following ones. Maybe he'd be the best 900 TPE player ever.

I haven't watched the results, but I heard that one guy that scored the winning goal gets it. It's one thing to lead the charge with the most points, or having the clutch saves and the best sv%. But nothing compares the the ecstasy of being the one that gets the final goal. You instantly become one of the few to have had the final say on the ice, the last thing that happens that season is your action, or the goalies inaction if you will. So congratulation Blues, you are the finals MVP, cause when it mattered the most. You knew what to do.

alkwrewajlralwkehralwkher

RETIRED

Tor Tuck is an old man. At this point in his career if he makes it off the ice in the final game of the season without having a heart attack he considers that a win. Tor Tuck did fine in terms of his individual player goals because as far as he knows he will be back with the Edmonton Blizzard again next season. At this age Tor Tuck is no longer a guaranteed asset on the ice but his player is willing to put in the dirty minutes and support the team and the talent that they have coming up through the system. Obviously Tor Tuck has been fortunate enough to earn more accolades in his career than he ever really desired or expected. At this point it is all about getting team championships and Edmonton and the Blizzard may have fallen short this year but Tor Tuck is confident that the team will be back competitive next season.

Well, Edmonton fell short in the finals this season. Because the Blizzard believe in science and the professionals out there they are not having any watch parties because they all love their parents and grandparents very much. The team is keeping their distance as much as possible to do their part during the current pandemic. However, Tor Tuck ignored most of the regular season and will continue to ignore the post season as well. Obviously there has been some drama this season after the games between New Orleans and Edmonton in the playoffs however, Tor Tuck received a genuine response from his leadership that the point of contention was honestly just an accident and not an attempt to cheat the season. While Tor has heard rumblings that NOLA is really struggling to let it go and enjoy their success, Tor will still be supporting them in the finals against Hamilton because Tor knows there are some good guys over in NOLA that should get over the minor issue and move on.

The Norwegian team are constant underdogs due to their small nation and few recruits season to season. However, in Tor Tuck’s eyes they have always been his pick to take home the gold, silver, and bronze. That has not changed this season and Tor Tuck is fully embraced on the Norwegian hype train. In the past, Tor’s beliefs were founded and likely blinded by his love for the team. However, this season Tor Tuck has true reason to believe Norway should be able to compete because the incompetent chucklehead that has led the team for the past 10 or however many seasons has finally given up control to some new leadership that should be able to make some headway and really shake up the standings of Norway in the tournament after a long drought due to the failure of the teams previous head. The new blood looks promising and Tor is still all in on Norway, though perhaps this time rightly so.

The New Orleans spooky ghosts definitely has the advantage in the net because Mr. Cain was brought up in one of the best goalie programs in the league, the Edmonton Blizzard system. Cain has had some excellent season and the kid has something that most goalies do not have. He’s got guts. Advantage NOLA.
Gabriel Johnson has around 1500 TPE and is a solid player. On the flipside Darnell Johnson is sitting there with a hair under 1000 TPE. Thus with no other knowledge Gabriel easily gets the nod here. The size of the gap between their skill should be significantly large unless the leadership and coaching of NOLA is able to really play to Darnell’s strengths of Hamilton’s fails to capitalize on Gabe’s ability.
Well obviously hind sight is 20/20 and thus the head to head match up is very important for predicting these match ups and by my count the New Orleans Specters spanked the Hamilton Steelhawks in every matchup they had this season. Perhaps the NOLA boys just prayed harder to RNGeezus and got them the win. But we’ll pretend it’s all the confidence from those head to head wins.
If I got offered a week long trip to Hamilton all expenses paid or a weekend to New Orleans, I would still be on the New Orleans side here. New Orleans is an extremely fun and exciting city with food, sports, weather, and history. I do not know much about Hamilton but I am confident that the culture and history in New Orleans is miles ahead. Worst case scenario if Tor Tuck was in NOLA he could get wasted and pay to have a parade for himself down Bourbon Street.

16. BLOZZARD

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

I think Andrej did what he was supposed to. Scored few points, didn’t look like a complete traffic cone on the defense, attempted to murder people over 300 times this season. I would call that a pretty decent collection of stats, and I am personally not exactly expecting me to be able to propel him any further. Last season of not regressing with a player I have never been a top earner on ends up very likely being one of the last few seasons in which he will be any good, and he can feel in his bones that retirement is reasonably close and he has limited time to achieve something in the league. Obviously, winning the Challenge cup is a great achievement, but being recognized on a more individual level is something that every player would enjoy experiencing, and Andrej wants to get his toes wet while he is still at the top of his game and at least secure his name on something more individual than the Challenge cup.

To be fair I think watching the finals, even if you are not in them is still interesting enough. We are all hockey fans after all so any hockey we can get is good, especially when you are dealing with the recently lost series against one of the teams in the finals. I have to say, the watch parties are kinda calm though – some people around here are basically not paying any attention and just playing DnD, some others are just chilling at the TV drinking some extra special beer and absolutely basking in the glory of how weird and extra it is, some of us actually pay attention and just have a typical sports fan experience, and some didn’t even show up! Apparently, people’s newborn children are more important than their teammates, how rude of them, but I am yet to be able to convince either JY or Luke to actually just trade them on the spot for someone who doesn’t care about their family as much.

I personally believe that while NOLA played an amazingly interesting series and basically brought us the least expected end to the finals, no one really showed up as much as Alester Cain. Their goaltender managed some absolute miracles in the net, holding up shots and not allowing soft goals while NOLA’s super focused offense proceeded to shred Kryyst apart, so when Hamilton finally cracked the goaltender under too much pressure, NOLA was already laughing on the bench with a 2 goal lead. Especially considering NOLA had a very score by comittee approach in the finals, there is no other skater that much ahead of the pack to stand above what their goaltender not only in the finals, but also in the other series did for the team and how he propelled them to the first cup in the franchise history.

I think I will nominate mr. Jax Aitokallio into this position as I believe with his very in depth knowledge of the league that so many of his family has played in, he could be a very interesting addition of historical knowledge that might be useful during the games with Hamilton in them, which tend to be very boring and spotty on action aswell. Obviously as someone who lost to one of the teams in the finals in a previous series, he would also be able to bring in fairly interesting inside knowledge about the specific matchup as he has felt how it feels to play against Hamilton from a perspective the commentators might not have. In general, I think that Jax would be a great addition not only for the knowledge part of the cast, but also for the part trying to kill time until Hamilton finally allows someone to have a shot on net again.

Well, as much as I wouldn’t have expected regular season series to matter, apparently NOLA absolutely had the number of the metal birds here and it was certainly an interesting series from the tactical standpoint as it clearly showed how very one-dimensional Hamilton can be and if you have a roster capable of exploiting that, there is nothing Hamilton can do against you.

What a massive surprise to everyone that I would choose New Orleans. Not even because I would majorly enjoy what NOLA has to offer, but Hamilton? What the hell is in Hamilton, I don’t even know where the bloody place is let alone what can I do there. NOLA is a pretty interesting place on it’s own though, very unique compared to the rest of the USA it feels and would be a fun experience just to explore on your own, maybe try out some of the local booze that apparently seems to be very popular and god knows, maybe go and see some gators, sounds like fun to a Czech kid.

Verification - Explosion

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

Code:

My season with Winnipeg was not great. We had a bad season and we were not good defensively. I think the team did worse with me on ice. I didn’t expect us to be terrible this past season. Individually, I had a better season stats wise. Last year, I had 46 giveaways, second worst in the league. I didn’t make a good decision and try to make some play on my own. I wanted to show everyone that I was the best but it’s not true. I’m young and still have a lot to learn. I played better in Winnipeg. I had 22 giveaways and had 22 assists. Playing for a new team and having a bigger role gave me a chance to showcase my talent without making any risky play. Next season, I will work on my skating and stamina. I want to be faster and be more active in the third period.

Code:

The finals aren’t interesting for me when I’m not playing. I don’t like watching other teams playing hockey while I can’t because we haven’t made it to the playoffs and it’s frustrating. I had a poor season in Buffalo and Winnipeg. I want to be one of the best defenders in the league. I don’t want me or my teammates to be the spectators. So during these periods, I like to workout and practice. I want to get better and get ahead of everyone who is watching the games. I know I’m not good enough yet so I can’t take a break. If I want to be better next year and win with the team, I have to train hard and not waste any time. I train alone because the others are watching the games or playing golf and it doesn’t bother me. I know they are going to work hard during training camp so they deserve their free time.

Code:

Last year, Team Japan finished last in their group. I didn’t expect us to be that bad. We didn’t have an active goalie and our defensemens were rookies. I think this year we can be in the top 8. Our offense is probably the best in the competition. Our defense is much better than last year. Olli Saarinen, Jr. transferred to Japan so we are going to have a really good goalie this time. I think USA is still the best team and they are going to win it again. Czech was one goal away to win the competition. I think they are the only team who can beat USA. Canada's roster is always stacked but they never win the gold medal. Germany struggled last year and unfortunately had to play Czech in the first round. Selich switching position to defense will help them for sure. Great Britain is a strong team but Luca Del Vecchio isn’t as good as prime Cedric Robinson. I think these five teams are the contenders and the rest are just spectators.

Code:

I would pick Geezus Kryyst over Alester Cain because he's been the playoffs MVP twice while Cain choked multiple times when they were the favorite. Steelhawks beat the best team in the league. Also they have better defense in this series so it would be much more a challenge for Cain.

I will be honest I didn’t know there was another Johnson in this league. We all know Gabriel because he’s one of the elite defenseman in the SHL. Darnell must be a rookie or a third pair player. So it’s safe to say that Hamilton has the better Johnson.

I would say yes because matchup is a big factor in the playoffs. Some teams lose to others because of certain factors. The specters probably have the matchup advantage here because their playstyle is more effective against specific teams like Hamilton while the Steelhawks playstyle are better in general and don’t play in a weak conference.

I would go to New Orleans because I want to spend my time outside of Canada. New Orleans looks like a fun place to visit. I have heard so many good things about the place. I want to taste their foods and participate at their festival. Hamilton seems like a boring city. I don’t think there’s anything to visit honestly. Even their hockey games are boring to watch.

Code:

bob

[Image: capybar22_600.png]