Create Account

Colorado Raptors End of Season Draft Review
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 08:25 AM by juniped.)

Draft 2x media bonus please!

Hi, this is my first article here and for it I'm just going to be sitting down here and doing a short little draft recap of my opinion on the Colorado Raptors season 54 draft. I'll try and talk about  my time in the locker room with these players and their earning and on ice presence.  I thought this would be a fun activity as the  next draft approaches and the next generation of Raptors will be here soon.

Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Round 1: Pick 5OA
First Name: Guðmundur
Last Name: Kristjánsson
Position: Right Wing
Handedness: Right
Jersey Number: 26
Height: 6ft 1in
Weight: 185 lbs
Birthplace: Reykjavík, Iceland
User: Fluw
TPE: 289
Bank Balance: $38,363,000
Stats:
G A P PIM SOG SH% SB GR OGR DGR
2 6  8  6      43    4.65  17  57    57    55

Forgive me if I have a hard time translating these stats. I’m still learning hockey so I’ll try my best, if you have anything to add or critique please let me know, I would love to learn more about the sport and what I can gleam from the stats!
So from what I can tell these stats are pretty standard for a first-year rookie in the J. Kristjánsson Has been a pretty good contributor throughout the entire season, Maintaining a 57 game rating throughout 50 games played which seems to be better than a lot of rookies this season. While their shooting percentage  seemed pretty low to me at first I'm looking at a lot of the rookies around that seems about average For first-year players outside of maybe a few exceptions. A fairly low shots on goal number however, But this is probably because they were not moved up from the fourth line to the second line until the end of the season, resulting in a lot lower ice time for most of the season. Being moved up to the second line recently I believe Kristjánsson  has shown the ability to be a star in the league with  the quick promotion through the team. They will be a good asset for anyone looking to pick them up.. 
Fluw has been a great locker room member during my time in Colorado.  they have been helpful and encouraging and as this is their second player they have been helpful in helping me get adjusted to the league and such. Always around to talk about games, ways to improve, or even just life in general outside of the league. I have enjoyed their presence immensely and I would enjoy having them in a future locker room. On top of that, being a recreate Fluw has $38,363,000 in their bank account. Ensuring they have the bank to continue to be a contributing member for a while. 

Round 2: Pick 14 OA
First Name: Terrence "Big Terry"
Last Name: Smith
Position: Right Defense
Jersey Number: 11
Height: 6ft 7in
Weight: 210 lbs
Birthplace: Palm Springs, CA, United States
User:  Puljujarvi98
TPE: 315
Bank Balance: $20,598,000
Stats:
1  5 6  10   49     2.04  30  56    49    62

This Max earner from Palm Springs has been okay for the Raptors team. Finishing the season on the third line of defense,  Terrence has been What are the best earners in the class, sitting currently  tied for second for the most tpe in the S55 class. Unfortunately as far as I can tell they're off-ice earning ability has not quite translated to on Ice performance. But only a 2% shooting percentage and more giveaways than shots blocked with 36 to 30,  and only 17 takeaway., Terrence has struggled on the ice.  honestly I couldn't tell you why but I imagined as long as they continue to Max earn the way they have the performance will come. They’re not having a bad season, but it’s not great. It’s just ok. Despite that they seem to have a defensive game rating of 62. So maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about and they're putting on a great season. You tell me! No really please tell me.
In the locker room they have been a fairly quiet player, staying out of most conversations. They have  had discussions with coaches about what to improve and key strategies for upcoming games but that's the extent of it. I have high hopes for this High earning defenseman that they will come in their own the second season and really take off. Maybe doing that will increase morale and also increase their locker room presence as well. However they have produced some great media and made a pretty good bank sitting at $20,598,000 So they will be able to afford training and such for a few seasons to come, which is a nice guarantee for any GM. I wish I got to know them better, but they seem like a solid pick and are doing great for a first gen player!
Round 3 Pick 24OA

First Name: Mack
Last Name: Daddy
Position: Center
Handedness: Left
Jersey Number: 9
Height: 6ft 3in
Weight: 225 lbs
Birthplace: , Timeless Halls
User: Mack
TPE: 307
Bank Balance: $42,454,000
Stats:

G A  P PIM SOG SH% SB GR OGR DGR
5 15 20  6    76   6.58% 26  59  58     57
Mack Daddy has been another good pick by the Raptors. Sitting at 307 TPE and rocking a bank account of $42,454,000, this isn’t Macks first rodeo. Around since season 31, Mack has been around the block a couple times and has accumulated and continues to accumulate that sweet sweet green. Riding the second line at the end of the season and sitting just in 7% SH% Mack is a little below the league average of 8.66%, which isn’t bad due to what I think is a solid all-around presence on the ice. While they haven’t been a clubhouse presence since In joined the locker room, Mack has strived to be a force on the ice. If they bring that Shot % up just a bit they may be a serious force to be reckoned with. I wish I had more to say about them but they’ve remained an enigma to me. A veteran of the league who probably has their group, I expect they know what they want out of the league and their career, and people know if they are a draft target or not for their team. Probably a good bet, in the draft!

Round 3 Pick 30OA
First Name: Asclepius Perseus
Last Name: Flitterwind
Position: Right Wing
Jersey Number: 27
Weight: 213 lbs
Birthplace: Rīga, Latvia
User:CaptainCrazy
Bank Balance:$30,575,000
TPE: 311
Stats:

G       A   P PIM SOG SH%  SB GR OGR DGR
12      7 19  12   96    12.5% 21  57    58      56
Around since S30, CaptainCrazy is another veteran user. They’ve been around the LR and helpful. They’ve been a great member of the locker room, talkative and helpful when I had questions about the league. Sidebar but I think it’s great when league veterans are around to help newer rookies like me when we join. Simulation leagues can be daunting so having recreates and alumni in Locker Rooms willing to answer questions and help out is wonderful. Well CaptainCrazy has had a few players in the 4+ years since they joined, and returns to the Raptors with this pick. They’ve managed to earn themselves all the way to 5th overall in TPE and kept up their bank account from previous go-arounds. Definitely a steal with that level of TPE earning in my opinion. 
On the ice they’ve also made a name for themselves. Shooting 20 more shots than the avg while maintaining a SH% 4% greater than the average! Now I know using shooting% can be a hard metric to use, but I think that’s a pretty great achievement. Especially when their PDO is exactly 100, showing they should be performing about where they are expected too. I imagine as they go into their next season with Colorado, they will continue to be a strong force on the offense and may even move from Second Line to First Line by the end of the season. I think CaptainCrazy is a great user and should have the draft position to reflect their ability and activity!
Round 4 34 OA
First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Rieley
Position: Left Wing
Height: 6ft 4in
Birthplace: Syracuse, United States
User: Brandon
TPE: 285
Bank Balance:$23,674,000
Stats:
G A   P PIM SOG SH% SB GR OGR DGR
8  5 13 32   57     14%   17  57    58     52
Ryan Rieley has been earning comfortably in both TPE in money as well. Sitting at 23rd overall in TPE gains for the league, in those terms he has exceeded his draft position. Riley also has a pretty sizable bank account too, with this not being Brandons first player, having been around since the very early days of the league. Ryan has been a shooting machine on the Raptors. And has almost doubled the avg shot% for the league, as well as scoring just above the average goals for the league. They’ve been helpful and nice in the locker room, but considering their pedigree with the league there is no reason for any team to take my word for it. Again I wish I had more to say about these long term players, but all the teams probably know what to expect from them, and I haven’t talked to them much, so anything I say everyone else will probably know. They’ve been a good producer for the raptor and have earned more than their draft positions worth.

Round 5 44OA
First Name: Mertin
Last Name: Broduer
Position: Goalie
Jersey Number: 31
Weight: 190 lbs
Birthplace: Canada
User: KarrdisBored
Bank Balance: $4,3000,000
TPE: 177
Stats:

GP W L SHA  SAV GA GAA SV% GR
1     1 0  28      26    2     2    .929   66
Oh geez, how do I talk about this one appearance, in the pre-season. In his one game, Mertin won, despite giving up two goals. While he still had a fairly good Goalie Rating, well this is the smallest of sample sizes. Currently sitting 68th overall in TPE, and the lowest Goalie on the list. They have a small bank but also haven’t posted since May as far as I can tell. Not a lot to say, they haven’t produced a lot, and hasn’t posted either. I haven’t seen them around the locker room.
Round 6  54OA
First Name: Lord
Last Name: Raiden
Position: Center
Birthplace: Washington DC, United States
Bank Balance:$5,690,000
TPE: 280
Stats
G A P  PIM SOG SH%     SB GR OGR DGR
9  1 10 2     43     20.93% 11  52  53      49
Jumbobone19 has been a great presence in the locker room, even being the one to post the post-game screenshots in the locker room for everyone to see. They’re super nice and helpful around the locker room and have even started producing some cool graphics! They’ve also been a solid earner, coming in on 26th overall in TPE, far eclipsing their draft position! They’ve been a great member of the raptors offense as well, finishing the season on the 4th line but also being able to contribute a lot whenever they get a chance to make a shot. While I’m told 20% is FAR BEYOND unsustainable, I think it’s still cool that they have been able to manage that in their rookie season. Unlike some other draftees I’ve talked about, this is Jumbos first player, and I think they’re poised to have a great year, even making the USA WJC team. Based on their PDO of 97.4, they may even be a little unlucky. So hopefully entering their second season they really start to perform like crazy. I think they are a great user with a great player and they seem inclined to continue to earn, and I hope they will go far!.

Round 7 64OA
First Name: Jed
Last Name: Mosley Jr
First Name: Jed
Last Name: Mosley Jr
User:JayTee
Bank Balance: $0
TPE:213
Stats:

0 4  4   8      31    0%   14  54   55     52
Oh no another defenseman I don’t know how to rate. Well I mean it’s not great they have a 0% shot rating, but since they’re a defense player you can't blame them. Unfortunately this is another user who hasn’t been on the site since May, not a lot to say here. They haven’t been around since I joined and they have no money. Weirdly, I couldn’t even find an update thread for their player. I don’t really know what to say about this, It’s probably expected around this point in the draft but I don’t expect them to get drafted with the lack of activity.

Round 8 74OA
First Name: Juris
Last Name: Berzina
Position: Left Wing
Jersey Number: 80
Weight: 225 lbs
Birthplace: Talsi, Latvia
User: ThoProce
TPE: ???
Bank Balance: $0
Stats:???
The final player on our list of not seen since May. A sad story but I again don’t see an update thread or anything really besides a few comments they made in May, where maybe they lost interest in the league. They never seem to have even accepted their contract. So not a lot to say here. And that’s where I’ll end it.

I think this draft went pretty well in conclusion. I wish I had more to say about stats but I’m still learning. Hopefully next season I can come to you with more in depth analysis of stats and pull some really interesting information out of it. Besides that I hope you enjoyed this short and simple read!  Sorry for maybe some bad formatting, I had a hard time converting it when I copied it over. Thank you for your time reading this article!

2335 words

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 07:52 AM by juniped.)

Accidental Post, please ignore this comment lol

Nice article man!

Raptors

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Raptors

Glad the Raptors picked you up man, great addition to the team. Nice article and I hope you have fun with the draft!

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Nice article Juni. Glad to have you in the LR. Keep up the great work  Raptors

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs