Create Account

S54 SHL Awards Show

Not really sure how I feel about the defensive defenseman award having two players from the same team that let in the 3rd most goals against in the Western Conference. Feel like the third spot on the list was open enough to just include someone from a different team, not to take anything away from anyone of course.

Other critique on defensive awards, it cites offensive stats like corsi and fenwick. I understand, people use them like they're defensive but they legitimately mean you have the puck and shoot more than others, which is the definition of offense. Curious if there's a better way, but of course, old school defensemen will always be second rate to two ways to this league, even when we make something for them individually.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

07-26-2020, 09:05 PMBuster Wrote: And the winner, once again, the Buffalo Stampede! They ability to keep this core together is seriously impressive. Congrats @WannabeFinn and @Tomen!

1M goes to the award winner, @WannabeFinn
1m on my award post that's hard

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

@WannabeFinn u stink

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

07-26-2020, 09:06 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
07-26-2020, 09:05 PMBuster Wrote: And the winner, once again, the Buffalo Stampede! They ability to keep this core together is seriously impressive. Congrats @WannabeFinn and @Tomen!

1M goes to the award winner, @WannabeFinn
1m on my award post that's hard

double win

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Next is the John McBride, for best goalie!

Our rookie of the year, Elizabeth Doyle is back! She had 8 shutouts to go along with a 913%

Next is Geezus Kryyst of the Hamilton Steelhawks, who had a 32-9-2 record with a 913% and 8 shutouts.

Last is Harry Carpet of the Toronto North Stars, who led starters with a 922% to go along with 4 shutouts.

And the winner is!

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-26-2020, 09:12 PM by Evok.)

Harry Carpet

Elizabeth Doyle

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

doyle

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

1. Doyle
2. Carpet
3. Kryyst

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Kryyst

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

And once again, the winner is Elizabeth Doyle! Congrats @Evok

1M goes to @mastersheep!

Damn crazy how buffalo got all these awards and the cup too

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

07-26-2020, 09:15 PMBuster Wrote: And once again, the winner is Elizabeth Doyle! Congrats @Evok

1M goes to @mastersheep!

[Image: 707346657431519252.png?v=1]
this one was unnexpected

Now we move towards our MVP awards. First, congrats to Flacko Lagerfield for taking home the Sarmad Khan award! Congrats @JSS the community loves you.

07-26-2020, 09:16 PMEvok Wrote:
07-26-2020, 09:15 PMBuster Wrote: And once again, the winner is Elizabeth Doyle! Congrats @Evok

1M goes to @mastersheep!

[Image: 707346657431519252.png?v=1]
this one was unnexpected

how does it feel to be da best?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]