Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

[Image: pt1_s55.jpg]

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Rikard Bjerg is greeted by polite applause and some cheers as he walks into the auditorium of The International High School of the Gothenburg Region (IHGR), where he was lucky enough to attend only a few years prior. As a second-year player for the Maine Timber, who drafted him 2nd overall, and recently drafted 1st overall by the San Francisco Pride, Bjerg has some notoriety in his home town for being one of the brighter stars to come out of Gothenburg in recent memory, but to some of these kids, he's still the goofy upperclassman who spent almost as much time on the ice than in the classroom. Bjerg knows that most of the kids studying at this prestigious international high school have a bright future ahead of them, and he uses his experience to express the importance of the balance of studying and pursuing a passion. His connection to the school itself helps the kids take him a little bit more seriously, as he's able to directly tie in his memories as a student to how he plays for the Timber. After the speech to the general student body, Bjerg gets to spend some time with the school's hockey team, where he's able to get out on the ice to provide some pointers, and maybe do a little scouting. 

Code:

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Liam Slate got invited to his primary school back in Newport Wales to speak about believing in yourself and dream big. This speech is to remind the kids that they should be dreaming big and believe in themselves kind of like how Liam did. Liam was once in their shoes sitting in this primary school. Liam always wanted to be a hockey player like his dad. Liam believed in his dream and worked hard to get it. Liam describes his childhood to the children and his time at the school. Liam descibes his relationship with friends and one speciail teacher, Mrs. Senior. Mrs.Senior was a major part of Liams life. She taught him in to believe in himself. This speech would just showing the kids that he was once like them and if they believe in themseleves they can do whatever they want. Overall, this speech for Liam goes very well, even though he is not that great at public speaking. His story is extremely personal and emotional for him which makes it easy for him to do. There are many of these kids attending this speech that want to be professional athletes, specically footballers or professional acttresses or singers. If they believe in themselves like Liam, there is a chance there is another big dreamer fulfilling their dreams.

Code:
220 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Michael Scarn is a very inspiring speaker to students. His public speaking ability is world renowned. At the Dunder Mifflin shareholders' meeting, Michael Scott stole the show in Manhattan and got the crowd going, saving the entire company from bankruptcy while also going carbon neutral. Going back to Scranton High School will be a very bittersweet moment for Scarn. Scarn was a hockey superstar but never really got along with the rest of his teammates or his classmates. Also, Scarn made the mistake of promising to pay for the college tuition of dozens of students but ended up unable to pay down on that promise so it is very possible that inviting Scarn back is a trap to try to extort him now that he is a millionaire in the SHL. His speech will mention his philosophy, which is basically this, and this is something that I live by, and I always have, and I always will: Don't ever, for any reason, do anything, to anyone, for any reason, ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been, ever, for any reason whatsoever

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

An excerpt from Collin Gibbles speech to the GR Griffins Travel Team,

"A lot of people ask me how I got to be where I am today. My answer is simple.

You have to want it. You have to want to make it more than anyone else around you. You have to push and strive to be the best person on the ice. When the opponent gives 100%, you give 110%. When the puck is on your stick, no one but your team should touch it. When you look at the other players on the ice, you should know where they are going before they do. You have to beat the opponent mentally, physically, and emotionally. Both on the ice and off. You have to push yourself to be more than anyone expects of you. That's how you take your own destiny and shape it to what you want to see. You have to learn your limits, and then break through them. Setting a new bar with every game, practice, and workout."

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Ronlain is not much of a speaker. In fact, he absolutely hates crowds. He's never been a leader or anyone to motivate others to do better. He's really more of the type to keep to himself and just, you know, do him. Nothing against other people, just how he is. I guess honestly, Ronlain would tell people to be a little less like him. Tell them about all the things he wishes he did instead of focusing 100% of his time and effort on hockey. He definitely got in on his skill alone, but that doesn't mean that's the only way to get your way into the SHL. Yeah, you've got to be able to hold your own. But you can somewhat make up for your lack of skill by being a good presence in the locker room and elevating the others around you, making them better and using a positive attitude to help others.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2020, 08:32 PM by MyLittleHexx.)

"I'm surprised I was even asked to speak here today, considering the last time I played a game in our uniform I took my skate off and threatened to slice up a kid like a five star chef. In my defense, he said he fucked my mom, and I said so that's who dug up the grave. He said he skull fucked her rotting corpse, like what the fuck. You don't say that to someone. Anyways, I'm glad to be back to give you all a speech about never giving up and following your dreams. After that game, I thought my hockey career was done. There was talk of charging me for aggravated assault, but my dad talked the other kids dad down and gave him a little cash under the table. Anyways, I thought it was over. I still practiced by myself everyday, but I didn't have a purpose. I guess one of the teams in the NAHL saw the video, I mean who didn't it was all over the Instagram and Snapchat at that point. Anyways, they saw the video and started to check out some more footage from earlier in the game and they liked what they saw. Next thing I know, I'm talking with Northeast Generals about playing for them next season. So I go over to the mainland, right? It's training camp, and I'm excited. This is the first time I've been to the mainland before, and who do I see on the ice when i get out for tryouts? The fuck that I tried to cut. He sees me, and I think he knew what was going to happen. First play of the scrimmage, I line the fucker up and just blast him. I think I gave him a conk, I don't know I never saw him with the team after that. So yeah, if you ever feel like you've fucked your life completely, just remember that it isn't over until it's over. Alright I said my shit, can I go now? What the fuck do you mean the mic is still on?"

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

The main way I'd like to go about inspiring the next generation of youth is through dedication, hard work and humility (sometimes - it's good to be cocky/arrogant at times). Lots of kids think that success and fame come easy, but it's important for me to describe to them what sort of hard work goes in to becoming good at what you do, especially as an athlete. Most fans only see the end product, but don't see the countless hours behind the scene which have made this all possible.

Describing to these kids that if you're passionate about something and want to become the best you can be at it, it's going to take a lot of hard work and dedication to their craft to truly stand out at what they want to pursue. If all else fails and I can't get through to the kids, I'll make sure they at least stay for the whole speech as I'll hand out snacks at the end.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

claim

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

[Image: lugCnLf.png]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Jax went to a prep school, of course he wouldn't, as son of an extremely famous and rich person, be in just some random public school. Nobody there would hear Aittokallio and think, oh they're probably not related. So he went to a school with other rich and influential people's children. That way he could be normal, he didn't have to worry about being harrassed.

So with that comes the fact that this school has way better people to ask to give speeches than a second liner who has never won an award or been an all-star in the SHL. Jax is as plain of an alumni as they have. They have people who are solving major world issues, hunger and famine, diseases, people in politics and law. They wouldn't ask this Aittokallio.

That in mind, Jax did get a call from his high school. They hoped his dad wouldn't mind speaking at an event for them. He told them he'd let him know, but the memo never quite got all the way to the desk. Instead, Jax appeared, was questioned as to who he was and why he felt he was important, and then quickly whisked away without even making it a paragraph into his planned speech. I don't think they'll be inviting him back.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

[Image: jDlx1sC.jpg]

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

I got up in front of the crowd of 150+ students, 300 beady eyes looking up at me for some advice. I told them straight up: the number one key to success in life, whether you become an SHL hotshot or a lawyer or an office worker or a union dockworker - you gotta be slippery. Being slippery is the key to success, because no one can do anything if they can't catch you. Be fast, be quick, be decisive, and be slippery. One of the kids asked "I don't really know what that means" so I said have you ever picked up a slug?? (they all nod) - imagine you dip that slug into a vat of oil and shoot it down a slip n slide and they all went CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY like i just dropped the hottest bars in history and said OK YES SIR WE KNOW WHAT SLIPPERY MEANS! So I said "That's what you gotta be." One smart child said "you haven't really lived up to your potential in the SHL, are you sure you're qualified to give us advice" and I said uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gotta go!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

After his most recent DUI, the province of Alberta mandated that Julio serve a number of community service hours. He served the majority of them on the chain gang, chewing the grass on the meridians of local highways and boulevards, but then his PR team had a great idea. Julio reached out to local schools about speaking on the dangers of partying and the importance of living a balanced lifestyle.

Julio called his good friend from juniors, Jules Watt @nykonax , who has been recently struggling with the party lifestyle as well, donkey punching multiple cabbies (a common occurrence amongst Chicago hockey players).

Needing the good press, Jules agreed immediately, and the two set off for their offseason Jules and Julio Lifestyle tour. They spoke to kids about drugs, alcohol, sex, dance moves, what they're watching on HBO, cars, gambling, poker, locker room pranks and music. The talks were a little more unscripted than the PR team had hoped, but those kids got an honest and organic talk. Starting that conversation might have been in the wrong direction, but opening the dialogue was really important in Julio's opinion.

The next Jules was definitely out there listening, because the two players hid a duffle bag full of party favors in the school.

Player Page || Player Updates || Visual History

B.

What's the deal with Airplane food. (wait for laughs) I really dont know it is food for airplane. I hate airplanes (wait for laughs). So basically uh I didnt plan anything. I slept in today and I have a list of jokes I stole from comedians. Sorry I'm in the middle of a move so it is kinda awkward but I guess I was really good for like 4 seasons in the minors. Im the only 2 time MVP of the SMJHL so that is pretty cool. You know what I think? You should listen to the Hamilton Muppet Cast Recording. It is a solid 10/10. The chicken plays Angelica Schuyler. I think this is a funny and comedic joke. Wait you are kids this is not appropriate. I promise i'm not high or drunk. i'm just in a mood or a phase not sure really. I hate moving. Is that 150 words. Thank god I can finally finish. I guess i gotta go i have a game to watch.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]