Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

Hello classmates, teachers and most importantly, janitorial staff. When I was a freshman at Jefferson High, I experienced relentless bullying. The Norbert twins totally busted my balls - because i was SO stupid. I couldn't even FRICKIN READ til i was 15 for crying out loud! I was a small, 4'7, skinny facebook nerd freshman when i walked into this school, but when i walked out at age 17... I was 6'11, 330 pounds. I know what you're thinking.. Steroids? No. My father was a garbage man and used to bring home the leftover hotdogs that were thrown into the dumpster. I used to boil up hotdogs and play hockey. After about 3 straight years, I finally got a shot at juniors.

I was intimidated in pre-draft interviews. One particular GM, (Acsolap) referred to me as "Dead Weight". After going totally under the draft class radar, I managed to score a tryout with the Carolina Kraken. I watched a lot of Lyric videos on youtube and learned to read, and signed a 3 year deal with carolina.

My point is, if I can do it.. YOU too can play pro sports. Eat your hotdogs, grow to 6'11, and learn to read and anything is possible...

Written option B [end of speech] :

"... so in the end, that's what it's really all about you guys : being there and caring for one another. In hockey, or in any sports, you need to be there for your teammates: be selfless and do whatever is right for the team to win. In life, well, we're all a big team. I dream that one day everyone will realize it and start playing together, and only then will we thrive as a society. I hope you can all become great team players who aren't scared of putting their own interest aside to bring others up - be the defensive forward of life.

I'll hang around for pictures and autographs, but before I give you one you will have to tell me of a time where you were a true team player."

[Image: lespoils.gif]

[Image: pt.png]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming today to hear me speak. It has been too long since I returned to Czech Republic, and longer still since I visited Gymnázium Český Krumlov. When I left school, it was to pursue fighting career in America. In a few short months, I was able to become the world heavyweight champion in Championship Fighting League. Jakob was so dominant that entire MMA league folded as no one would be able to challenge for title belt. After this, Jakob was slightly lost, unsure of where to go or what to do. On a journey to Northern country of Canada, Jakob played hockey for first time. As it turns out, there is more brutal sport than MMA. In hockey, we go to a large piece of one of hardest surfaces in the world, arm ourselves with sticks, strap knives to our feet, and hit each other as hard as we can. I know many like me at this school wish to pursue MMA, but in this speech I will explain why real sport of kings is hockey.

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]

Olivier is invited to the elementary school he attended in Lyon, France, to give a speech about how he successfully honed his talents in a country that doesn't have a national team and eventually made the SHL. He's an enthusiastic and personable speaker, and he's able to make the kids feel at ease. He talks about his work ethic, including how early he got up and how late he went to bed, and his willingness to move to Alaska as a teenager to play in the SMJHL. He also speaks to how tough it was to grow up gay in both the hockey world and in a very Catholic household and culture. He tells the kids he felt very scared about everything - hockey, being queer, moving away from his family - but that he did it anyway, and he doesn't regret it a bit, because it gave him the happy life he has now. He's careful to point out that this isn't just about becoming a hockey player - it's about doing whatever you really want to do but might think is hard or scary.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

Written Option B (150 words min.): Provide an excerpt of your speech - either from the main portion or the Q&A that follows.

"Have to say, the road to the "big leagues" was quite remarkable. Along the way you meet a lot of people who want you to succeed and be the best version of yourself not only on the ice, but off as well. And there is also a lot of people who are rooting for your failure and inability to reach your goals. While I was in transitioning from the local league in Sweden, a few months after I moved there from Latvia, to SMJHL where I was drafted, a lot of people doubted my ability to perform on a bigger stage. The first year did get to me as you might see from my stat line. The stats were not good, individually. But together we built this squad from young blood and some what "veterans" and got what we all wanted. And pretty fast in our careers as well. I guess what I wanted to say with this was, that you don't need to doubt yourself if the stats are not there, but if the team, as a whole, performs and every time you step on the ice you do your part, no matter on the offensive end or defensive, you can reach a lot of success. After that first season I am now ready to step on the front lines of my new team and..."

[226 words]

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

Alex thinks it's an honor to speak to the students at his old high school back in Russia. He's always been a pretty shy guy so public speaking isn't really his strong suit, but he's going to do his best to keep the students engaged. His status as a rising star in the SHL all the way out in America probably will help keep them interested. He'll of course spend some time talking about his triumphs in the SMJHL: winning Rookie of the Year and Defenseman of the Year, and of course the all important championship with the Anaheim Outlaws. If they follow the SHL much they'll probably want to know what's going on with the San Francisco Pride after the sudden management shakeup. We're building for the future, he'll say. It's time for a youth movement and he hopes to be at the forefront of that. They'll probably want to hear about America and want to know if he's met any celebrities and all that. Since he's spent his entire career in California, he's definitely seen his share. He'll probably also throw in some stuff about how you can make your dreams come true if you put your mind to it and all that. Aren't speakers supposed to be motivational?

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Devin Williams has been tasked with giving a speech, so monumental, so life changing that maybe, just maybe, someone will be able to push themselves harder than they've ever pushed before. Devin Williams will begin by shouting, very loud into the microphone,
much louder than would be appropriate for any speech, anywhere, anytime, for any reason. He will boom his loud voice, claiming to be the voice of authority on any matter, at any time, for any reason. Why's the sky blue? You're lookin at him, kid.
How many goals does Devin Williams have? More than you, if you say otherwise you're wrong and a liar and fakenews TM. Devin Williams has beaten Putin many times, In hockey, In life, and he makes sure every person in that auditorium knows, as putin all too well knows himself.
Williams will use very grand hand gestures, banging the podium, demanding with the utmost authority that they listen or be sent to gulag. That's the secret, Williams is really Canadian Born Russian sleeper agent, Gulag is your fate if you stand in his way.

Next sleeper agent already in audience, many of them sleeper agents, all is well in Canada Russia.

[Image: mesz_pt.png]

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

I went back to my high school to speak to all of the blossoming kids who love sports. With this age group, they are very impressionable about how they try to practice and play their respective sports. So I spoke mostly about how to practice right. This entailed a good bit of information. But the main talking point was about how you practice on a day where you feel like absolute crap. If you feel like you are 60% on that afternoon or morning of your practice. You better be going at 100% of that 60%. Or you will not gain anything from that day. Don't dog out just because you feel like crap. Keep trying your hardest, and your teammates and coaches will keep trying to help you. It went alright, I think there are a few budding athletes, and hopefully a few up and coming hockey players in this group of kids. The entire speech came out very nicely, I didn't mumble or lose my train of thought like I normally do. I have a good feeling about one of these hockey players in the audience. In fact, they came with my parents to the speech. They aren't quite in high school yet. But my little brother is going to kick ass.

[Image: panico.png]

I'm one of the lucky few guys who gets drafted by my local team.  They haven't been there for long, but being able to play for Baltimore after growing up outside of the city and attending college inside the Baltimore beltway.  It's also really awesome to do this in a town that's new to the hockey world because we just got a team.  I haven't put pen to paper yet for my speech, but I think the biggest message I want to impart upon the guys and gals still in high school is that hard work reaps unexpected benefits.  When I began my playing career suiting up for games in Baltimore wasn't even an option, but now I have an opportunity to be an ambassador for the sport I love in the town I grew up in.  I'd also want to make a commitment to bring the championship mentality of the Ravens to the world of hockey and introduce the city to the Challenge Cup.

Words: 165

Nicolae Antonescu headed back to his old high school in Sibiu, Romania. Not exactly known for its hockey culture, Antonescu is one of the few ice hockey professionals to make it to a internationally recognized hockey league like the SMJHL/SHL. When starting his speech, Antonescu makes sure the audience knew what hockey was, and how it related to football, explaining this to a few laughs and a few genuinely curious people. The speech in itself was about following your passion, no matter where you are from or what your circumstances are. Even though others may not be able to relate, and pursuing your goal might be more difficult, it is doing what makes you happy for your work. Antonescu took this opportunity to describe how removing these obstacles and enabling the freedom to pursue many of your life's wants is tantamount to our society today, and that sports, as a whole, has a role in giving back to communities to remove these barriers. Hockey equipment is expensive to come by, and even those with a passion for the game can be left out due to prohibitive costs. Antonescu announced he would be launching a program aimed at helping Romanian youth afford hockey equipment, as well as promoting second-hand selling.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

In the slight break the Carolina Kraken had between the regular season and playoffs, Hutton traveled back to Saskatoon to visit his old high school. There, he caught up with some of his old teachers, and avoided some of the others, before being put in front of an audience. He was pretty unfamiliar with most of the students, despite being there just over two years ago. Conner was known to most as a serious guy, but could always lighten the mood in his classes. He was able to do that in the assembly, but his main message was that it was never too early, or late, to do something. After all, he graduated a year ago and already had a good season in Carolina, with playoffs coming up. Some of the minor hockey there was just finishing up, with some teams going to provincials, and others, well, not. Conner dropped by the main arena his old team played in, and hopped on the ice to skate through practices with random teams, ranging from all ages and levels. 

Later on, he went back to Estevan and dropped into some classes from his other school. There, he still knew some kids, but the school didn't host an assembly for Conner. He just went around, popped into classes, talked a little bit, and answered a question or two. We had to pull him out of a science class pretty quick though, he ended up helping his old backup through a test.

I went to finland to tell these young demons to shut the hell up and listen to there coach it's the only way ya make it kenny! But seriously that's the point I wanted to drive home to the youth here, they need to understand that they are dumb and have 0 life experiance only by following instruction and paying attention will they understand the game better and become complete players. I know in my youth it was just all offense all the time and it really stunted my growth when i moved up to the j and then the shl. It was a tough transistion because i did not listen damnit. But most of these kids are not as hard headed as I am, for example they dont smoke at 14 I smoked all day and night straight juvenile , it seems our youth now has evolved and become better equipped to handle these formidable years to grow and develop.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50