Create Account

S56 SHL Expansion

08-01-2020, 05:06 AMgordieboom Wrote: After following the discussion about the salary structure in Hockey Talk Tonight episode #15 and reading about this expansion, i wondered if HO have talked about potentially introducing team ownerships? This could be a good time to drain some money from some bank accounts, ie it would be cool to be able to buy a club, referring here to Mike Izzy’s idea (every team has a value). The expansion could be used for this. Put a price on the new clubs (or make bids). Let the owner appoint the GM, with approval of HO offcourse. Just a thought that popped up.

This is a cool idea and when I first joined the site I thought that is how it worked, seeing some users were marked as owners.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

08-01-2020, 05:06 AMgordieboom Wrote: After following the discussion about the salary structure in Hockey Talk Tonight episode #15 and reading about this expansion, i wondered if HO have talked about potentially introducing team ownerships? This could be a good time to drain some money from some bank accounts, ie it would be cool to be able to buy a club, referring here to Mike Izzy’s idea (every team has a value). The expansion could be used for this. Put a price on the new clubs (or make bids). Let the owner appoint the GM, with approval of HO offcourse. Just a thought that popped up.

my big problem is ... what would be the point of owners? what would be their role ?

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 12:53 PM by gordieboom.)

08-01-2020, 12:16 PMEvok Wrote:

my big problem is ... what would be the point of owners? what would be their role ?

I mentioned it briefly. Their role would be create the team identity (club name, logo, colours etc) and to appoint their GM (the process of hiring GM’s is now done by HO). They should also be able to sack their GM (with approval of HO) if they wish to do so imo. Maybe they should also pay a part of the GM’s salary. Just something extra for the very wealthy users.

The first team owner (1 or 2?) could be introduced before the expansion takes place. More could be introduced later on after a new GM is required (SFP case for instance). HO could avoid massive relocations, by introducing a maximum allowed relocations per x seasons. That means team owner could take over teams, appoint the new GM, but are not allowed to change their identity straight away. Maybe even put a price on changing identity / relocation.

Just an idea.

Ayeaye

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

08-01-2020, 12:52 PMgordieboom Wrote: I mentioned it briefly. Their role would be create the team identity (club name, logo, colours etc) and to appoint their GM (the process of hiring GM’s is now done by HO). They should also be able to sack their GM (with approval of HO) if they wish to do so imo. Maybe they should also pay a part of the GM’s salary. Just something extra for the very wealthy users.

The first team owner (1 or 2?) could be introduced before the expansion takes place. More could be introduced later on after a new GM is required (SFP case for instance). HO could avoid massive relocations, by introducing a maximum allowed relocations per x seasons. That means team owner could take over teams, appoint the new GM, but are not allowed to change their identity straight away. Maybe even put a price on changing identity / relocation.

Just an idea.

Ayeaye

I like really like the idea in theory but I feel like there's a few logistical issues. First would be another "designated player job" meaning that the owner, GM and AGM's players would all need to play for their team. I feel like that's too many people tied to a team by rule. The 2nd issue would be bans/punishments. What happens if an owner gets banned? Can an owner skirt GM punishments by constantly appointing canary GMs? What happens if an owner has driven a team into the ground and no one will play there? At least with the current situation HO can step in and remove somebody. What happens if the owner goes inactive?

It sounds like a cool idea but it would really need to be fleshed out to make sense.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

Someone draft me away from @

[Image: livius.gif]

08-01-2020, 02:56 PMbbp Wrote: Someone draft me away from @

@JNH

[Image: livius.gif]

@"TommySalami", i agree but that is the task of HO imo.

Stars | Player | Update Thread | Gordie#6746 | Manual Lineup Sheet | HockeyNation | Grizzlies

08-01-2020, 03:01 PMgordieboom Wrote: @"TommySalami", i agree but that is the task of HO imo.

Fair enough, it just might not be as simple as making the decision to have owners, it would take a lot of work imo.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

08-01-2020, 03:01 PMgordieboom Wrote: @"TommySalami", i agree but that is the task of HO imo.
“Hey HO, make owners happen. How? I don’t know, that’s your job lol.”

Rolleyes

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 03:49 PM by gordieboom.)

08-01-2020, 03:38 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
“Hey HO, make owners happen. How? I don’t know, that’s your job lol.”

Rolleyes

I meant it is HO job to come up with new refreshing ideas and work them out.

08-01-2020, 03:48 PMgordieboom Wrote:
08-01-2020, 03:38 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: “Hey HO, make owners happen. How? I don’t know, that’s your job lol.”

Rolleyes

I meant it is HO job to come up with new refreshing ideas and work them out. That is my opinion.
Sure. But what you’re asking for is only desirable to an incredibly small minority of the SHL userbase. So, if you really want to see something with so little demand gain any sort of traction in this league and among those who call the shots, maybe flesh out a game plan for how it can be developed and implemented? Otherwise it just sounds ridiculous to put the onus on HO when they have plenty of other things on their plate.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

pls montreal team

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2020, 04:01 PM by gordieboom.)

08-01-2020, 03:51 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
08-01-2020, 03:48 PMgordieboom Wrote: I meant it is HO job to come up with new refreshing ideas and work them out. That is my opinion.
Sure. But what you’re asking for is only desirable to an incredibly small minority of the SHL userbase. So, if you really want to see something with so little demand gain any sort of traction in this league and among those who call the shots, maybe flesh out a game plan for how it can be developed and implemented? Otherwise it just sounds ridiculous to put the onus on HO when they have plenty of other things on their plate.

First of all, i am not asking for anything. I am just expressing a thought. If they like the idea, they can work it out.
Secondly, you seem to be the guy on this forum that disagrees on everything, so i don’t know why i’m debating with you Smile

08-01-2020, 02:28 AMFuzzSHL Wrote:
07-31-2020, 09:36 PMMCP_ Wrote: Also what's the predicted Over/Under on the number of applications for a Montreal franchise? I say at least 3 apps

Add at least one 0 to that

03?

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

08-01-2020, 04:26 PM5ympathies Wrote:
08-01-2020, 02:28 AMFuzzSHL Wrote: Add at least one 0 to that

03?

Well I said at least one, it could be 003

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]