Create Account

S55 PT #1 - Back To Where It All Began

"Hey Kids! It's your local SHL scrub, Sasha Dangelchek! I just wanted to let you know that even if you slack off for a couple of months to find a good job, the nice GMs in the SHL will keep you around! But to be serious for a second, it's important to keep up developing your skills so you can become the best player you can be. Look at me! I had a rough rookie season but I'm coming out better and more prepared than ever before. You can definitely refocus your efforts once you find that job and become a solid - but maybe not great - SHL player. One that your General Manager might want to keep around, anyway. If you can break into the league as a bit of a scrub, you can grow from there. And that's all you need to do! Believe in yourself and ultimate SHL success will follow! This is Sasha Dangelchek - mediocre SHL player - signing off"

[Image: danglechek.png]

Nicholas Owens got to visit his highschool in Japan, the first time since he had graduated many years ago and went on his way to North America to pursue his dreams of playing professional hockey. As his story to eventual first overall pick in the S51 draft had started at very humble beginnings and constant ridicule from his peers of how a Japanese player would never make it to professional play, much less the SHL, Nicholas Owen's speech is about believing in your skills and dreams till the end. How your nationality doesn't matter one bit in if you will make it to the professional level and how important hard work is in achieving your dreams. It sounds all eloquent and all but in reality almost most of it won't really be said clearly cause unfortunately Owens is one of the worst speakers out there, at least for people who actually give speeches.

It was strange stepping foot back on the campus of Ørestad High. It has been 3 years since leaving for the SMJHL. My former school asked me to come back and speak to the graduating class about the future and how to achieve their dreams. Being the captain of the hockey team I was used to giving motivational speeches. Coming from a more unified national, it was important to me to aide the next generation on the world around us. Denmark is such a small country, but the people are generous and welcoming. After spending 3 years traveling around North America I saw a big difference in the cultures. It was important to explain to the youth that we need to spread our acceptance of others on our journeys around the world. That the youth now has to be the change that the word needs. Success in one's life is meaningless if we cannot progress the lives of everyone around us and make the world a better place for the future.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Heading back to my hometown of Turku, Finland to give a speech to the students at my former school is a huge honour. When talking to the kids, I will definitely impress on them the importance of following your dreams and always persevering, no matter how outlandish they may be. The statistics aren't favourable for trying to become a professional hockey player but I'm well on my way, and while some will try and won't make it, the only way to get there is to keep trying. Of course, the teachers will want me to remember to bring up the importance of focusing on your studies as well, and I will, because it really is important. Not just as a fallback, but to be a well-rounded person in the future regardless of what your career winds up being. I hope the next Lassi Suhonen is in the crowd, and it's quite likely given how many great players have come out of Turku - the only question is whether I'm the best hockey player from the school to give this talk. Probably not.

Code:
Words: 187

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

Ambacas Cuddles was invited to go give a speech at Ville de Gumba elementary school after rocketing to stardom after his impressive development in the SMJHL playing for the Carolina Kraken. Cuddles has become a bit of a hero back home in the Ville de Gumba, Land of Gumba and the school kids were very excited to see him and hear his speech. Ambacas Cuddles preached about how you can do anything you set your mind to. It is hard to make it in this world as a Gumban kid, as many people are prejudiced against the hardworking people of Land of Gumba. @Keygan dares to even say that the Land of Gumba doesn’t even exist! Despicable. Ambacas Cuddles wanted to use his speech to inspire the youth to become hardworking and make the world a better place. The faculty had tears rolling down their cheeks and it was all around a very emotional moment for the Land of Gumba.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Matthew goes to his hometown of Chicago and visits a local high school where his brother and sister went, he took different distance learning courses throughout most of his later schooling due to playing hockey at the junior level.

This feels very odd, he has no idea about this place, has never been here really and is completely unfamiliar with his surroundings. Trying to make the best of it, he attempts to give a speech about the importance of hard work and perseverance. He wants the kids to know that all of their dreams are possible with a little bit of hard work. He also belts our generic "Drugs are bad" lines he's seen on TV, because he thinks that's also important. Matthew is not a good speaker and has lost the crowd half way through the speech. If he wasn't somewhat of a local celebrity he's sure he would have been booed off the stage.

Things went poorly and he's glad public speaking isn't something he has to do often.

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

In his free time, Mikael Choybuk was invited to a few schools in Calgary to speak about his life and what it takes to live your dreams and be the best man you can be. Choybuk talked about hard work, perseverence, and always staying humble. One of the big things to note in Mikael Choybuk's school touring was that on arrival, he brought a buffet of chicken parms to every school. According to him, chicken parms are the first step to achieving greatness in life, and this was the key that led him to live the life that he has. He spoke of the gods of Calgary hockey, Esa Anrikannen and Mike Izzy, and how they never shied away from spreading the love that is chicken parms. Rumor has it that even Jarome Iginla of NHL fame was a chicken parm enthusiast. The students all looked on in awe while eating their chicken parms, listening to Mikael deliver a speech that for sure created future star athletes.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

four score and twelve years ago i was a small fry like you living in the land of kanye west, trying to understand life and how to be great and a genius like our lord kanye west. i would eat hot chip like a boy while running in the fields but then one day i was told about wearing the ice hockey skates and that i could use them on some ice to do skating. i was surprised because it sounded like a funny thing to do but this was told to me by none other than kim kardashian west our queen so i had to listen to her and see what is was about. she carried me to the local ice arena using a fishing line with hot chip attached so i would go and try the game. i tried the first time and i was very bad but i loved the coldness of the ice. so i kept trying and trying and then i won a stevens trophy recently and got robbed of mvp!

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

ISFL Ultimus Week PT Welfare (written this week so hopefully counts)

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

EVO's speach In the John Nike, Bracknell:

"...And as you can see, its not exactly an easy ride to even make it to the draft, never mind playing in the SHL. As you can guess, it took years of hard work, effort and dedication. All the materials possesed by every player in the SHL and SMJHL. Something grown within the hearts of the young players. Some of you guys may be late bloomers who just picked up the sport when you were 15 or 16 years old. That's ok, as long you dedicate your heart to all the effort you put in. Hell, I didn't start until I was 15, and look at where I have gotten to. So, to reiterate: Gp bold, for you have the time and potential. Go brave, fo the best paths lay unknown. And go strong, for those who persevere will come out with the greatest of all prizes.

So, any more questions?"

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Back when Alex Winters was a kid, he had a hockey player come and talk to his school in Pardubice. Alex didn’t pay as much attention as he should have, given that he was mostly playing soccer at the time. So when he had the opportunity to come back to his school and give a speech, he made sure to address all the students, not just those that played sports. He’s hoping, of course, that the next Winters is in the crowd, as his son is in the crowd and he plays hockey and soccer much like his dad. He gave the best speech that he could, and it seemed as though the crowd was interested as he is a wildly popular sports figure in Czechia. As the Captain of the Czechian national team for the last 3 medals, he’s a perfect example of what a local kid could accomplish with hard work.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Luke Thomason went back to his hometown in Czechia to go visit his hometown and talk to the children there at schools an his youth hockey team. Going back in the offseaosn he was greeted by his close friends and family. Last time i saw them was when I brought back the cup in S52.. as I have been focusing on offseason training after the past 2 offseasons. Being a 30 year old forward, with a cup and some accolades, I have been trying to get Czechia its first gold in the IIHF in the past 56 seasons. We recently won a silver and a bronze and we are so close, we can feel it. I first go to the school before they go out for school and I talk to them what hard work means. I then go to my old hockey club and talk about what it takes to play professional hockey, and the dedication that you have to have

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Samat Beibitzhanov returned to his home, but as someone who did not really devote much time to schooling, preferring instead to play hockey, he does not really have much to say to children at any school. In fact, Samat Beibitzhanov does not even really recall where he went to school. Whether this is a result from too many hockey pucks to the head or he genuinely paid that little attention to school is a mystery which may persist forever. The fact that he is able to read or speak English, and where that skill comes from is just as much of a mystery. When asked to speak to children at his old school, Samat appeared visibly confused, and could not identify which school his old one was. As such, he drove around for a while but was unable to find the location. As such, after 2 hours of looking he gave up and went home.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Quote from the speech:

"It has definitely been a trying path. Being from here in the Netherlands, the options aren't rampant, but you keep pushing forward. You need to keep searching for options to get on the ice if hockey is your passion. So many of you send your letters asking what it took to get to where I am... Honestly, practice. It is showing up to the gym an hour early... It is staying after practice to practice the intagibles. Your job as a player is to prepare your foundation, so that your future coach can mold you. I'm continuing to learn myself... Continuing to get better. You need to keep pushing yourself. When you think you are the best, find a challenge. Challenge yourself. Push the expectation. The difference between success and a championship is within the sweat that is left on the ice. Dig deep and find the ability to take one more rep.

[Image: Wally.png]

Given the recent events that have transpired in regards to Kaspertommevisnapuu’s family in Estonia, he can no longer go back to talk to the school children there. Instead, he was asked to speak to local students in the Tampa area. He tried to show that people from anywhere, no matter how large or small, can achieve something in their life.

This was hard for Kalevolaripaavo to do though, as his thick Estonian accent made it hard for the students to understand. Many just laughed because of his accent making it sound as if he was a little slow. So, it appears that his message was lost in translation, and the students just had a small assembly to take a break from their studies.

The only positive was that the students did practice social distancing, and when they saw Kalevolaripaavo wearing his mask the whole time, they did the same. So at least the Barracuda won’t have to worry about the spread of the coronavirus from school children. Now if we can just keep the team from visiting all the local strip clubs in all the cities they play in.

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]