Create Account

S55 mPT #2 - Behind the Username

My username is @ACapitalChicago. On other forums I used many different usernames, such as Warhammer references or made up terms that no one else recognized. When I joined the SHL, I needed a new username that was standard enough to not be cringeworthy a few years down the line, accurate to who I am, and relevant to a fake hockey league. I ended up going with a description of my hockey fandom experience, being a Caps fan in Chicago. It's been a long and tough road, surviving through the early 2010s as a Caps fan in the heart of Chelsea Dagger, but oh boy did 2018 make it all worth it. No other moment has made me feel as vindicated or proud to be such a longstanding Caps fan, and this is probably my most favorite username I've ever made.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 12:22 AM by Jumbobone19.)

My username name is a shorten version of my xbox gamertag. JumboLumpBone (ive had this since Xbox OG days). Bone is my nickname and JumboLump came from being on eastern shore of Maryland. Jumbo Lump Crabcakes...lol . So i use variations of that. JumboBone19. 19 was my number for every sport I played. Nickname now is Jumbo which I kind of like more. Also profile pic is a subtle combo Jumbo/ Johnny - Bone/ Bravo

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 02:27 AM by Dextaria.)

If I remember correctly, Dextaria was a username switch from a older one that was a bit embarassing I have to admit. Originally it was switched to Dextaria______ however that still had too close of ties to a specific game therefore I dropped the ending for the most part. And how did I think of Dextaria? I saw the word Dexteria and simply swapped a letter. All in all, not the most interesting username origin story, but it gets the job done. I especially like how it can be further shortened to Dex.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

My first username came from an old email account, "gamerpro630" (I was a child and thought it sounded cool, and June 30 is my birthday). I never played online games when I was a kid, and my family didn't have a PC that I could use for gaming, so in high school, when I finally saved up enough to buy my own Xbox, I needed to have a gamertag to use online that wasn't my email address. My friends helped me come up with "AgentSmithers7", and I've only made a few modifications since. I don't remember when I dropped the "-ers" from the end, but it was probably around the time I had my first personal laptop and installed Steam. I brought back the 630 at that point too because "AgentSmith" is always taken when registering a username and I needed something to make it my own. Now it's the username I use for basically anything (no doxx-erino pls).

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 12:28 AM by ThisSeemsFishy.)

The whole story is pretty simple. My last name is Gill, and fish have gills. My friends and I always joke about me being a fish. And the phrase “This seems fishy” always makes me laugh. So it only seems fitting that my username is ThisSeemsFishy

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

When I was younger, I loved the Warner Brothers cartoon Freakazoid.  It was slightly obscene, and all around funny to me to watch on an after school basis.  On many websites, and classic yahoo chat rp my username was geekazoid.  In 2001 I joined the XBOX live community, but unfortunately someone had Geekazoid taken.  Blast!  So I tried to spell it out phonetically and it came up Geekusoid.  I've kept it ever since.  Its just unique enough that most people won't have it taken...so if you see Geekusoid anywhere else, there's a 98% chance its already me.

And yes, I still have and use that Gamertag on XBOX live, so feel free to shoot over a friend request any time.  If you see me on anything Lego or Minecraft oriented....be forewarned, its most likely my kids playing.

There is no thrilling story about my username, sadly. It is just a play on words/pun for my last name. I thank you all for stopping by for this story time.

I’m out, more or less.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

My story is simple.  My name is Patric so some neighborhood kids I used to hangout with called me Patty.  Then when I went to private school for high school these new friends I had never hung out with before called me Patty too.  So the nickname has stuck and I use Patty all over the place online.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2020, 09:49 AM by Mutedfaith.)

Back in high school we played a lot of D&D, and I watched a lot of Buffy The Vampireslayer. Since I had the hots for Eliza Dushku, I named my halfling rogue for our campaign at the time 'Faith'.

My internethandle at that age used to be "McDreck", based of the McDonalds franchise and roughly translating to "McDirt". People kept thinking I was in the music biz and into hiphop and R&B, which was quite insulting to me as a metalhead.

Therefore when I started playing Call of Duty in 2003 I adopted my longest standing D&D characters name as my own on the internet and named myself Faith. This caused a lot of confusion for people tho, as:

1. People assumed I was a girl;
2. People assumed I was religious;
3. People misread and assumed I was Turkish.

So, when someone muted me on a server (may have been IRC, or somewhere in a game) it showed up as [muted]Faith. I liked the sound of it, changed my name and stuck with it ever since.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

I don't know why I thought of it, just came to mind as a deformed version of overdue. I have yet to find a username I use for everything, haven't thought of anything too creative or funny so i just jump around.

My username is actually comprised of two french words : « les » and « poils ». [i]Les is the french equivalent of the when plural and poils means hair (body hair only, not head hair, if that makes sense). I'm a hairy guy.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

This is absolutely boring, but you wanted to know. I never use the same username twice if I've already used one on another site, so I needed a new one here. I already had a name for my player picked out when I created the account, but I didn't want the username to be exactly the same, more like a shorter/nickname version and for some reason with the number it looked better. There you go. I don't know why either. I understand now that if I ever recreate it won't fit anymore, but I'm not thinking about that yet.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

Actually a very simple story behind my username. I started playing world of warcraft in like 2007 and I hit the random name generator on some website until I found one I kinda liked, and since I've used the name for most online games and stuff.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

Where to begin...

When I started to game online back in like 1998-1999 I obviously needed an online handle. I started out with the nickname Dionysos. He is a Greek god of wine, fruit, fertility and some other stuff. It was far from original, but I kinda liked it at the time. A few years later I was old enough to visit music festivals and I watched a band named Muse and was blown away by their music. I changed my handle to Musion at first, a combination of Dionysos and Muse, but a while later just straight to Muse. I used that for a lot of years when I played Unreal Tournament instagib and later Medal of Honor on Clanbase. Years later I got into MMORPG's and started playing Anarchy Online. As I was starting a new game I also wanted a new nickname. I think at some point, and I'm not really sure about this, I started searching in Star Wars lore for a suitable name. I eventually found the name Zasm Katth (here is a link if you want to read more) and as I had a girlfriend named Kate at the time I thought it was kind of cool. So I went with that and maybe it's weird, but I still like the name even though we only dated for a little while longer after that. It's now been my user/nickname for over 15 years.

And same as MutedFaith I also run into people always thinking I'm a girl because of my nickname and now there's also a League of Legends streamer that goes by the same name.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

My username came about from an infamously difficult trainer in the Pokemon Stadium game known as the Gambler, who spammed one-hit KO moves with 30% accuracy and got really good at hitting them due to the game cheating and making him lucky.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332