Create Account

S55 mPT #2 - Behind the Username

Ok well @Snoopdogg people often think of the rapper, correct! But what really drives me to use this name on various sites is because I got an American Boxer dog (RIP) and I named him Snoop. But being my best friend and all and constantly playing and wrestling with him, the term of endearment of the name Snoopdogg became a game of sorts. I would in a very deep voice call out to him over and over until we would grapple and tackle each other to the ground.

P.S Thanks for this, awesome memories! Also teary eyed atm....

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

My buddies and I were coming up with alliteration's too do with food, that we could use as names for a game, and I came up with DonutDefender.

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

Fairly straightforward, I use to belong to a forum dedicated to the haxball site. Hax is close to hacks, so instead of putting always getting hacked, I put always getting haxed.

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

I got my name from a MadTV sketch. I also make fun of my friend by saying his parents role play with his dad being a pizza delivery driver named Tommy Salami. That was fresh in my mind while creating my player and I thought it was a good name/could have some funny back story.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

So my actual username is pretty dumb, it’s just the place where I live (Canada) and my fandom (Canucks).

However, in every single informal setting on the site, I go by Boom, and that’s a story and a half, so here we go.

I used to play another text-based political simulation roleplaying game called NationStates where you create your own country, and that’s actually where I met the user that got me to create a player for the SHL. (If anyone else played this game as well, DM me and let’s swap war stories!)

Anyway, I first was introduced to NationStates in the spring of 2013, near the height of the North Korean missile crisis. Being the dumb 13-year-old that I was, I decided to model my country after North Korea (it eventually became somewhat of a North Korean-Saudi modelled capitalist theocratic police state monarchy) and gave it the stupid name of Kaboomlandia. (This is a true story.) Somehow, this name stuck, and through the days of my “region” message board and into the shift to using Discord in 2016, it was gradually shortened to Kaboom and then Boom in casual conversations. When I joined the SHL in January 2020, that was my Discord username by default, and so that was what everyone here immediately started referring to me as. I’ve even considered filing for a username change to make it (or some minor variant) my official forum name because it’s basically my unofficial username here.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Frick comes from my last name. Nasty comes from my past. Put them together and ya get the legend Frick_Nasty. Originated from high school and has stuck ever since.

[Image: lazer2.png]

Back in college I was on the detroit red wings subreddit daily. I was debating someone regarding whether or not the red wings should start rebuilding and then the guy started doxxing me. I deleted my old reddit account and had to come up with a new name. So I decided to just mash together the names/cities of my two favorite NHL teams.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

There is no real story for how my username came to be. I can't even remember that well 'cuz it was a long time ago and I don't use it everywhere - it originated here. I think I was just looking at random words and picked it and spelled it weirdly for some reason, who knows why.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

My user name is a pretty simple one, its the name of a song by one of my favorite band's Foxy Shazam
a while back i was looking to replace the name i always used as a kid
and i was like, that would work. so i have used it ever since
here's the song

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

my first name is nour and because my name is nour i decided to make my username nour that way people would call me nour and i wouldnt be confused if they were to call me a different name like ben or ryan for example now everyone says “hey nour” and i say “hey man” because my username is nour and thats what they call me

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Well my username ErM is short for ErMura which is short for Er Murazor. Er Murazor is the witch king from Lord of the Rings ya nerds.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

My real name is Mackenzie and basically everyone has always called me Mack. I like my name, my Mom picked it out for me and without her I wouldn't be here. When I read my name I often hear it in my parents voices. It's comforting to know that as long as I can hear my name I will be able to hear their loving voices.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

My real last name is Skucius. My old nickname used to be skuciuscz(CZ because of czech republic), but it rather looked polish and I didn't really like it after few years. Some years ago I got into WWE and really started to like one wrestler. His name was TJ Perkins. I started following him on social media and he used megatjp a lot. I really liked the mega part in his name and wanted to have it too. So I started to use MegaSkuci. A lot of people in real life call me Skuci and it's much better with the shortened version. The Mega part adds a "gaming" touch to the nickname. The only downside of this nickname that a lot of people call me Mega, instead of Skuci, but usually after some time they do realize what name to use.

Doing a podcast, ask me any question: HERE
[Image: unknown.png][Image: sig.png][Image: viticek.png]
Thanks to @caltroit_red_flames and @sve7en for these amazing sigs!

The reasoning behind it is pretty simple. Way back when I joined SHL I was super into eating yogurt so having it as username made sense. Of course it is writen the Latvian way and actually means in a way- in (inside) yogurt.

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode

I have no imagination so I've had the same couple of usernames for a long time. Thatguy is just one of those easy names. It doesnt mean anything. Its just words. And I didnt want to use my first name because that feels even more boring for some reason.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]