Create Account

Claiming Old PTs

07-01-2020, 07:48 PMNerio Wrote: Unless we do scaling pay for update size (which I think is impossible to manage), let's not make that worse please.
Dumb idea: what if updater pay was scaled with, say, $10,000 or $20,000 per TPE earned per player? Larger updates that require more links to be checked would therefore pay better.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2020, 12:41 PM by Count Chocula.)

07-03-2020, 09:55 AMthecanadiancanuck Wrote:
07-01-2020, 07:48 PMNerio Wrote: Unless we do scaling pay for update size (which I think is impossible to manage), let's not make that worse please.
Dumb idea: what if updater pay was scaled with, say, $10,000 or $20,000 per TPE earned per player? Larger updates that require more links to be checked would therefore pay better.

Theoretically it would even out, you'd have weeks of 0TPE updates and earn nothing. Then a massive update to dig through months of posts to verify.

This is a non issue, use it or lose it.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Automated updates when?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

07-03-2020, 01:24 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Automated updates when?

Feel free to come up with a solution, im sure everyone would appreciate it

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

07-03-2020, 01:52 PMjfisherr Wrote:
07-03-2020, 01:24 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Automated updates when?

Feel free to come up with a solution, im sure everyone would appreciate it

I thought VHL had automated updates but seems like updaters still need to approve, RIP

07-03-2020, 01:24 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Automated updates when?

Devs discord has talked about it but the index/boxscores fixes are much higher priority. Time and people are finite resources.

08-01-2020, 08:36 PMgrok Wrote:

Devs discord has talked about it but the index/boxscores fixes are much higher priority. Time and people are finite resources.

Da Bootstrap4 for updates

[Image: Wally.png]

08-01-2020, 08:36 PMgrok Wrote:

I'd absolutely agree with that assessment Cheers

lazy generation

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Yo fair warning I only read the first couple of posts but the way fish and katth have this fuck casually actives attitude is kind of toxic. I only read the first few posts tho so if your opinions changed I’m sorry.

Casually actives are just as important to this leagues growth and success as tpe whores. As this league has grown so have the diversity in the league in not only demographic ways but also in varying degrees of activity. The point of the SHL since 10 years ago when they came out was to be an option for people who don’t like traditional point task leagues where you get most of your tpe from doing weekly point tasks. Continuing to listen and grow policies like this can only help grow the league.

That said very reasonable point from grape about tpe tiers and contracts. Updates have the suck job yes but that is why they are compensated as such so please no more boohoo updaters PLEASE.

Need a sig :-/

08-04-2020, 09:30 AMJakub Wrote: Yo fair warning I only read the first couple of posts but the way fish and katth have this fuck casually actives attitude is kind of toxic. I only read the first few posts tho so if your opinions changed I’m sorry.

Casually actives are just as important to this leagues growth and success as tpe whores. As this league has grown so have the diversity in the league in not only demographic ways but also in varying degrees of activity. The point of the SHL since 10 years ago when they came out was to be an option for people who don’t like traditional point task leagues where you get most of your tpe from doing weekly point tasks. Continuing to listen and grow policies like this can only help grow the league.

That said very reasonable point from grape about tpe tiers and contracts. Updates have the suck job yes but that is why they are compensated as such so please no more boohoo updaters PLEASE.

How is what fish or katth saying in any way fuck casually actives? The rules say that you have two seasons to claim any tpe you earn, if you don't then yeah that sucks but it isn't anyone's fault but yours. You don't need to be a hardcore SHLer to claim the tpe you make every season.

Also saying that updaters shouldn't be allowed to complain about how terrible their job is because they get more fake money is a stupid take.

08-04-2020, 10:45 AMefiug Wrote: Also saying that updaters shouldn't be allowed to complain about how terrible their job is because they get more fake money is a stupid take.
]

nah. Clean my filth, you peasants!

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

It's not what they are saying. Which if you read back is fine.

It's the way they framed the first few comments that were devaluing to the effort that argar and any other player that is not a full Tpe vacuum.

The counter point to " if you have the time to do it you have the time to claim it" is there is already a full season when players can claim older TPE...

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

08-04-2020, 10:45 AMefiug Wrote:
08-04-2020, 09:30 AMJakub Wrote: Yo fair warning I only read the first couple of posts but the way fish and katth have this fuck casually actives attitude is kind of toxic. I only read the first few posts tho so if your opinions changed I’m sorry.

How is what fish or katth saying in any way fuck casually actives? The rules say that you have two seasons to claim any tpe you earn, if you don't then yeah that sucks but it isn't anyone's fault but yours. You don't need to be a hardcore SHLer to claim the tpe you make every season.

Also saying that updaters shouldn't be allowed to complain about how terrible their job is because they get more fake money is a stupid take.
Well first I think what they said is fuck casually actives because they are saying “if you can do it you can claim it” like that’s not always the case in my personal experience there have been many things I’m not able to claim because I’m not able to update on a regular basis but I still do the things because I intend to claim them. Circumstances just don’t always work out and I think tough shit is a shit take, but I get it, a lot of people have that attitude and that is currently how it is in the shl, don’t fret nothing has changed Smile. I know fish and katth (only a little bit) I don’t think either of them are people who think that way but, maybe they made a post that I don’t like the language of so I said I don’t like that take it’s toxic. I do feel alienating anyone or group of people in the shl is toxic and I feel like it was directed at casually actives. Was it real bad? No, just kind of icky.

Fuck ya updatas lol we all been updaters before there are harder more thankless jobs on the site any yeah it’s essential and yeah it sucks but yeah the compensation is good and if you quit updating there’s always gonna be someone new coming to replace you so don’t pretend like poor updaters have the worst if they had to update more than 2 seasons old tpe. I mean they don’t currently have to do that I was just saying oh my god the updaters is terrible argument and please stop complaining about updating if you don’t want to do it Smile

I’d like to take this time to say thank you to the updaters who don’t put themselves on a pedestal mwah I love you all.

08-04-2020, 11:04 AMTomasnz Wrote: It's not what they are saying. Which if you read back is fine.

It's the way they framed the first few comments that were devaluing to the effort that argar and any other player that is not a full Tpe vacuum.

The counter point to " if you have the time to do it you have the time to claim it" is there is already a full season when players can claim older TPE...
I see I did forewarn i did not read the whole thing just the first couple of posts, I just wish milestones were longer personally and 2 seasons isn’t too bad