Create Account

S55 mPT #2 - Behind the Username

My username comes from my love of steelhead fishing in real life, it's a big passion of mine. I've moved and lived places for the sole purpose of being close to good steelhead fishing, even went to college in the pacific northwest so I could steelhead fish as much as possible. #77 is one of my favorite numbers, a handful of my favorite pro players wore 77 in hockey and football and I wore it in high school football as well. As for my avatar I follow Canadian junior hockey for my dynasty leagues and obviously loved when the Mississauga Steelheads became a team. Great logo and fits perfectly with my love of hockey and steelhead.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

My name is a direct reference to the well known Sonic Retro user, The Taxman. He's the guy who created the the famous fangame "Retro Sonic" and he's documented the Sonic CD 510 Beta that was found in the Summer of 2000 by Sega Extreme. Along with those, he's also gone on to work with Sega, with him helping out on the IOS release of Sonic CD and co-developing Sonic Mania. the 100 part comes from one of my other user names "Donno100" so it's both a reference and a fusion of an old name.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020, 01:28 PM by roastpuff.)

This username is so very old that honestly the origins I forgot. I think it was a play on roast marshmallows, but that was too long so I went for "puff" instead. And thus, roastpuff was born. There was no real personal reason, just trying to come up with an online handle.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Well as there is no participation TPE I'll keep it short. Puolivalmiste is Finnish and translates to Intermediate goods/producer goods/semi-finished products if we go by Wikipedia's definition of the word which at glance makes absolutely no sense but I happened to be work at food factory where I first encountered the word back in early 2007. This odd word stuck in my mind and not soon after I needed username for Battlefield 2, so as it was so odd word I thought it should not be taken, and it never has been on any site, I decided to start using it there at first and later I have started using it elsewhere too. Now it is my main handle in internet yet on some discord servers I have shortened it to Puoli (translates to half) which seems to be easier to write and remember for English speakers.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Well I do not have a grand story for my username. It is my initials. BBP. Originally I was recruited off of a Habs forum where my username came off my high school email, hence the initials. When I signed up I thought I’d keep all hockey related stuff under one username to make it easier to remember. That is the entire store.

[Image: livius.gif]

I am a fan of the sport of hockey. I actually don't know how I came up with it, but it was my first username in the early internet 15-20 years ago.

I am a leafs fan and I believe in the team sadly and now I am a Be Leafer. Sadly it is my worst decision and wished to never become a be leafer.

[Image: giphy.gif]

My username is just something that I have used for a few years now. There isn't anything special about it, it is just something that is familiar and I didn't want to have to get used to anything new so I kept my SHL persona consistent.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

Sulo Vilén is a character from an old Finnish tv comedy classic from the late 70s. Sulo is the goofy father of a family that runs a failed gas station in the Finnish countryside. I enjoyed watching the replays as a kid, and I think the show is still funny in its own way. Sulo can also be found in my avatar.

[Image: sulov.gif]

First-Name Last-Name... the most generic name on the site... or is it? The mystery behind this name is insane... we may never know where the backstory comes from. Or will we?

[Image: gurbs.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2020, 03:15 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Mike Izzy the player and Mike Izzy the username are as 1. But when i first dropped into the SHL my username was Coach Biz .. due to me coming here from fantasy sports leagues where i was a great coach.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

So my username on league of legends was at one point Wulfsbach. So of course all my friends , yes i have friends surprisingly , called me Wulf. Well one day I decided to see if one of my friends , Matt, was gullible enough to think I was a different player so guess what I did? I changed my name to Fluw, wulf backwards. Well the game starts and I had a monster game and of course I was on a different discord account sitting in listening to Matt and my other friend talk. At the end of the game Matt goes, No disrespect to Wulf but this Fluw guy is way better than Wulf is like damn. I had a good laugh, revealed myself and kept the name since. Turns out I am a better player than myself.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

My name originally comes from steam, and it's a bit of a weird chain. Originally I was a part of one of those themed groups, and we were all named after juices, orange juice, apple juice etc. I joined late and was originally OJ "The Juice" Simpson. At some point I started getting shit for the name and I changed it to Beer Juice and had a picture of Duff beer. Eventually i left and I changed the name to Duffman. Duffman was taken so I took off the man and added 101, because duffman and duffman101 is taken, but duff101 rarely is. If it is I just add another 01.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Well my username is pretty simple, it's my name backwards. I made the username a long time ago when I would make accounts for computer games or whatnot and it has stuck ever since. It's different and simple, and a lot of people never catch on (until now).

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Back in the day I had a username shamelessly stolen from a vgcatz comic, based on a chart of "bro"ness. At the top of the chart was "Broseidon, King of the Brocean". So I went with Broseidon for awhile. But, I would often run into more users and as time went on, I saw more and more of them. I wanted a unique moniker, so I thought hard for awhile of "Bro" names to use. One of my favorite games growing up was Red Alert 2, and a main character in that game was Premier Romanov, leader of the soviet union. Ipso-facto, add Bro to that, you've got Premier Bromanov

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]