Create Account

50 game seasons with 18 teams???

When are we planning to finally let the 50 game seasons die and move closer to the 80-82 game structure.

With the leagues teams approaching the 20 mark here soon, having 50 game seasons just doesn't work anymore.

Any word on if this is being discussed or looked at?

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

It would certainly change the game. This is a new era and as we grow and look to expand every now and again we may see the need for it.

I too would like to know where the conversation is at in HO for this subject.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

as the new shl simmer, let's do 120 games starting next season

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

now hold on would this mean I'd have to sim over 20 games per day

08-08-2020, 09:49 AMKalakar Wrote: as the new shl simmer, let's do 120 games starting next season

08-08-2020, 09:50 AMKalakar Wrote: now hold on would this mean I'd have to sim over 20 games per day

Duality of man.

On a real note just do it like PBE and don’t sim every game on stream, sim like one or two at most per FHM day

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

08-08-2020, 11:02 AMCampinKiller Wrote:
08-08-2020, 09:49 AMKalakar Wrote: as the new shl simmer, let's do 120 games starting next season

08-08-2020, 09:50 AMKalakar Wrote: now hold on would this mean I'd have to sim over 20 games per day

Duality of man.

On a real note just do it like PBE and don’t sim every game on stream, sim like one or two at most per FHM day

I feel like that would be eating at the heart of the current enjoyment of FHM..watching live games and other teams play has supplemented for not being able to view other teams box scores in the index.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

make it 100

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

08-08-2020, 12:57 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
08-08-2020, 11:02 AMCampinKiller Wrote: Duality of man.

I feel like that would be eating at the heart of the current enjoyment of FHM..watching live games and other teams play has supplemented for not being able to view other teams box scores in the index.
I think if we do end up moving to like an 80 game season or lets even say 65, the sims are already long enough. we would have to come up with some sort of system where each team gets like 2 live streams a game and the other ones are just instant stream/box scores like when we had STHS? I do not think it would cause that much of a problem considering we dealt with just box scores for so many seasons being on Simon T and it would help the simmer out a lot with avoiding long sims

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

I mean, PBE has 108 game seasons.

3 Sims a week.

2 are dedicated to majors, 1 to minors games. Obviously with SHL having dedicated streamers for both, thats not really an issue here.

But reality is, we don't need live streams every single day here either IMO.

Have 3 or 4 days a week maybe where you sim 1 game for each team in the league to keep that live feel. Then the rest can be quick simmed and uploaded just like the old days. You get some reduced live content to enjoy, but eases up the stress/ time on simmers a bit.

08-08-2020, 01:45 PMRabidsponge21 Wrote: I mean, PBE has 108 game seasons.

3 Sims a week.

2 are dedicated to majors, 1 to minors games. Obviously with SHL having dedicated streamers for both, thats not really an issue here.

But reality is, we don't need live streams every single day here either IMO.

Have 3 or 4 days a week maybe where you sim 1 game for each team in the league to keep that live feel. Then the rest can be quick simmed and uploaded just like the old days. You get some reduced live content to enjoy, but eases up the stress/ time on simmers a bit.
yeah pretty much what I said, but wayy better explained

it would be cool to find out how many people really watch all the live sims or sims of other teams other than your own? i know i skip some and dont really follow EVERY game. If it is the case that a lot of people are just watching 1 or 2 games in every sim, then it would make sense for even the simmer and the league to have more quick simmed games

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

i mean sure there is always an argument for more games but 50 works exceedingly well for the way the league structure has to work within the game.

08-08-2020, 02:38 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: i mean sure there is always an argument for more games but 50 works exceedingly well for the way the league structure has to work within the game.
Are fair 50 game schedules even gonna be possible with the switch to 18 teams?

I genuinely have no idea

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2020, 05:04 PM by Mack.)

08-08-2020, 04:16 PMjfisherr Wrote:
08-08-2020, 02:38 PMgolden_apricot Wrote: i mean sure there is always an argument for more games but 50 works exceedingly well for the way the league structure has to work within the game.
Are fair 50 game schedules even gonna be possible with the switch to 18 teams?

I genuinely have no idea

*There must/might be a way around this*. I just tried to create a custom league and it seems if it is 18 teams the options are 80 games or 68 games:

[Image: pXZwVsW.png]

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

08-08-2020, 05:01 PMMack Wrote:
08-08-2020, 04:16 PMjfisherr Wrote: Are fair 50 game schedules even gonna be possible with the switch to 18 teams?

I genuinely have no idea

*There must/might be a way around this*. I just tried to create a custom league and it seems if it is 18 teams the options are 80 games or 68 games:

[Image: pXZwVsW.png]

You can force a number of games though

Currently would be 4 games vs inter conference.
2 games vs out of conference to make 50 games.