Create Account

S56 SMJHL Mid-Season Prospect Ranking

Hello everyone. As I did last season, I am ranking the prospects for the upcoming SHL draft, at the halfway point of the season. Seeing as it is a reddit draft, it’s a pretty large class, with some big name recreates, and more importantly, a lot more first gen’s then we had last season.  Keep this in mind in regard to the rankings. Just because you are down at, say 50th, doesn’t mean you are a bad prospect. And hey, it’s a mid-season rankings, which means things could change by the time the SHL draft rolls around.

As always with these types of things, please don’t get all worked up about it, these are just my thoughts and opinions. I know rankings can be very controversial, but I typically do this just for fun, and I’m really not looking to argue over somebody’s player being ranked 1 spot lower than they should be. Also, if something is wrong, that sucks, my bad, but I’m not going to go in and change things up because of that. This list is final.

Anyways, please keep in mind the following when reading:
- Only using players currently on an SMJHL roster, as of August 10th, 2020.
- Data was finalized at 12:01 Monday, August 10th, 2020, to reflect everything up to last week’s updates.

I think that should cover it, if anyone actually reads it all, I appreciate you. Haha, enjoy people.

84th:  Andrew Ioannou - @Andynoog – LW – 155 TPE
Last Post/Visit: July 15th
Bank Account: $3,000,000 (Weak)
Our bottom ranked prospect is Andrew Ioannou. Not much to say here. He hasn’t logged on since the 15th, when he made his 1 and only post on the site. An inactive who didn’t earn any TPE.

83rd: Gustav Gustavsson III - @max_jocelyn – LD – 155 TPE
Last Post: July 28th:
Bank Account: $3,850,000 (Weak)
The first defensemen to fall is Gustavsson III. He finds himself at 83 because he hasn’t been active over the last couple of weeks and is yet to acquire any TPE. He logged on close to a week ago, so perhaps there is still a chance he comes back and starts to earn some TPE. Let’s hope so.

82nd: Tyrone Banks - @hockeytrb99 – G – 161 TPE
Last Post: July 4th
Bank Account: $500,000 (Weak)
Similar to those already listed, Banks’ biggest problem is his activity. His last post dates all the way back to prior to the SMJHL draft. He is ahead of a couple people because while active, he showed he can earn some TPE.

81st: William Hunt - @DachtorFeelgood – C – 159 TPE
Last Post: July 21st
Bank Account: $4,628,000 (Weak)
Hunt is the first center off the board, and he too suffers from his activity. Like Banks, he managed to show some potential early on, but until he starts to show more activity, he won’t move any higher in the rankings.

80th: Oliver Setzinger - @EricC11 – RD – 182 TPE
Last Post: July 17th
Bank Account: $6,180,000 (Alright)
Setzinger is an interesting prospect. At first glance, sure he is inactive, but if you look hard enough, you will realize that he has all the tools to turn into a good prospect if he returns to activity. He’s proven he can earn TPE, has contributed a fair amount on the site, and has an alright bank account. For now, he can’t be placed any higher because of his activity, but I would not be surprised if he returned at some point and started to shoot up people’s rankings.

79th: Jonas Caspari - @jakey.peach  – LW – 177 TPE
Last Post: July 24th
Bank Account: $3,500,000 (Weak)
Caspari was a bit difficult to rank simply because his last visit was hidden. It could be the 24th of July, or it could be today. Either way, he hasn’t made a post in nearly 3 weeks, so I don’t consider him to be active. I have him ranked higher than those above, because I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, that his last visit was more recent then July 24th, and he has shown the ability to earn TPE.

78th: Harry Peckins - @quarex – LW – 155 TPE
Last Post/Visit: August 6th
Bank Account: $4,000,000 (Weak)
Next up is Harry Peckins. While he may be a fan favorite, he hasn’t shown the ability to earn TPE. The fact that he is still active gets him this far, but until he shows he can earn TPE, he won’t go any higher.

77th: Jimbo Slice - @JMolloy54 – C – 160 TPE
Last Post/Visit: August 5th
Bank Account: $4,430,000 (Weak)
Jimbo gets this high because he hasn’t gone inactive yet, and at least we know he can earn TPE, but he needs to up his activity, and earn some more TPE to move up the rankings.

76th: Jeff Nips - @MisObvious – LW – 157 TPE
Last Post: August 1st
Bank Account: $4,700,000 (Weak)
Nips checked in to the site as recently as today, which is a positive sign. With that being said, if you have only earned 2 TPE, it is impossible to place you any higher than here at 76th. Being “active” only gets you so far in a draft class such as this.

75th: Markleesio Hopscotch – @DeathApple824 – RW – 155 TPE
Last Post: August 7th
Bank Account: $0 (Empty)
One of the newest members of the class is Hopscotch. While his bank account is currently empty, he is awaiting his newly signed contract, so not much stock should be put into that. Anyways, Hopscoth is a big question mark, as is the case for all newly created first-gens. He has only been on the site for a couple of days, and is yet to earn any TPE, so he can’t be placed ahead of anyone else on this list. With that being said, he seems to be active, and there is nothing stopping him from moving up this list if he keeps at it.

74th:  Bobov Petrov - @indonesianhusker – RW – 172 TPE
Last Post/Visit: August 9th
Bank Account: $5,900,000 (Alright)
Petrov is lucky I took this data when I did. If I had of collected this data one day earlier, his last post would have been July 27th, which would have cause him to place lower then 74th.  With that being said, he did check back in and earn some TPE, so he earned this spot. He needs to be active on a more consistent basis and earn some more TPE to move any higher.

73rd: Jullian Cunningham - @tinkthegreat – LD – 199 TPE
Last Post: July 25th
Bank Account: $2,000,000 (Weak)
Like Bobov Petrov, Cunningham is playing with fire. Had he not logged on within the past week, he likely would be lower than this. But he did log on as recently as August 3rd and has shown a lot of potential in the past. So, there is a chance he comes back, and if he does, he could shoot up the rankings.

72nd: Halldor Ragnarsson - @Sleepy – LW – 190 TPE
Last Post/Visit: August 3rd
Bank Account: $55,875,000 (Loaded)
Ragnarsson is much like Bobov Petrov and Cunningham. He logged on and made a post or two within the past week, but outside of that, has not been active. He has a loaded bank account, so he should be setup for a while if he returns to activity.

71st: Oskar Baldus - @Neon – C – 162 TPE
Bank Account: $0 (Empty)
Baldus is a lot like Hopscotch, who was 4 spots lower. The main thing pushing Baldus up the list is that he has already earned TPE. The fact that he is so new and already earning TPE is a good sign, and if he keeps it up, he could be a big time sleeper come draft time.

70th: Kenji Sugimoto - @Huskies311 – RW – 172 TPE
Last Post: August 3rd
Bank Account: $5,000,000 (Alright)
Sugimoto’s right around where his TPE suggest he should be. His activity isn’t harming him, but it’s not been good enough to push him any higher. If he gets more involved, and starts earning more TPE, he could easily rise.

69th: Kyosti Karjalainen - @UnkemptCL4PTP – RW – 170 TPE
Last Post: August 8th
Another newly created first-gen, Karjalainen has looked promising in his limited time on the site. Unfortunately for him, so have quite a few others. So, until he earns more TPE, this is where he lands.

68th: Zach Dolphin - @Dolph96 – RW – 189 TPE
Last Post: August 6th
Bank Account: $2,750,000 (Weak)
Another player that I initially thought would be hard to rank because of the hidden last visit. But, after looking into him, I realized he has not been very active of late. While he has managed to update every week, he hasn’t done any PT’s, and until he starts earning TPE at a better rate, or showing more activity, he won’t move up any higher.

67th: Viesturs Grābeklis- @Gvuldis – C – 181 TPE
Last Post/Visit: August 7th
Bank Account: $2,500,000 (Weak)
Grābeklis is a free agent signing that has looked very good thus far. He has been pretty involved and earning TPE at a good rate. The only thing keeping him from being any higher is the fact that he started late and has some work to do to catch up to others in TPE, who have been doing the same thing over a longer period of time.

66th: David Danielson - @WildfireMicro – G – 192 TPE
Bank Account: $6,100,000 (Alright)
Danielson is the second goalie off the board. He has done well so far, and it really is as simple as him not earning as much TPE as those above him. While you would like to see him posting a bit more often, it’s not harming him too much, and he still is a good grab all the way down at 66.

65th: Bud Weiser - @budweiser – LD – 192 TPE
Last Post/Visit – August 9th
Bank Account: $3,700,000 (Weak)
Bud Weiser is a lot like Danielson, with the main difference being that he is more consistently active. I would suggest that he starts earning more money, and of course TPE, and perhaps he could move up on people’s rankings.

64th: Logan Wong - @Wongy – LW – 189 TPE
Bank Account: $9,126,000 (Alright)
Wong is a great pick-up for any team at 64. He’s had some successful players in the past, which should show that he is reliable. He hasn’t been doing all of the PT’s, but he has been updating consistently, and has a bank account that should last him a little while. It’s hard to put him any higher, as everyone else is doing all of the PT’s, and as a result, earning more TPE.

63rd: Eero Makinen Jr. - @mcgriddleluver – RW – 203 TPE
Bank Account: $14,400,000 (Healthy)
There is a cluster of quite a few people around the 198-204 TPE range, and Makinen Jr. is the first of which to come up. At this point, everyone is active, so it mostly boils down to TPE, bank account, involvement, and reputation. Makinen Jr. suffers big time in the reputation department. He has had a couple of players that haven’t worked out, and that is reason enough to rank the others above him. He just needs to keep doing his thing and showing that he’s the real deal this time around, and maybe he can move up.

62nd: Jst Maro - @JstMaro – C – 200 TPE
Bank Account: $1,300,000 (Weak)
Maro has a noticeably small bank account compared to everyone else in the 198-204 TPE cluster, and that’s the biggest reason for him being down here. It also comes down to him having created earlier then some of the others around him, and as a result, you would like to see him more involved, or with more TPE then them, which isn’t the case. I would point to his bank account as what he should be trying to improve to move up on people’s rankings.

61st: Yuuto Kira Cloudera Jr. - @kentakira – RD – 198 TPE
Last Post: August 4th
Cloudera Jr. is another player that created pretty early, and while he is a good prospect, the rate at which he is earning TPE is not as high as some of the others above him. It’s a loaded draft class, and if you aren’t grabbing up all the TPE you can get, you are going to slide down the rankings. I would suggest he gets more involved, and maybe he can get on some peoples radar that way.

60th: Matty David - @mattysota – LD – 199 TPE
Bank Account: $3,200,000 (Weak)
David, much like Maro and Cloudera Jr. created early, so it’s hard to place him higher than those who didn’t and are in that cluster of 198-204 TPE. Still, he has been pretty consistent and is a good prospect. A way to stand out from the people around him in terms of TPE, would be to build up a good bank account.

59th: Tres Sombreros - @AL GRINGO  – LW – 198 TPE
Bank Account: $4,900,000 (Weak)
Sombreros created early enough to play some games last season, which points to his consistency, seeing as he has stayed active for all that time, and been updating. He’s also got the benefit of a stronger bank account then those below him. On the flip side of that, you would hope he was higher up in TPE for someone who created very early, which is why he is lower in the rankings than some of the others in his TPE range.

58th: Josh Dolphin - @d0lph1nb0y – C – 204 TPE
Bank Account: $2,750,000 (Weak)
Josh Dolphin is quite a bit higher than his brother, who was listed 10 spots lower at 68. He is ahead of everyone else who created early in this cluster, because he’s managed to grab more TPE, and/or created later. He hasn’t done anything wrong per say, but like everyone above, he just isn’t earning TPE at the rate that those above him are.

57th: Walter Burke - @lancedjack – RW – 198 TPE
Bank Account: $3,537,000 (Weak)
I keep mentioning how guys created early, well this is an example of someone who did not create early. Burke is a very recent signing for the Outlaws, and he has looked great so far. He’s earning TPE at a great rate and his bank account is alright in comparison to those around him. He’s below some other free agent signings in this cluster because he is almost to new. He has only been here for 10 days. We need to see him stay active for a bit longer to prove that he is here is stay, and perhaps then we could consider moving him up ahead of some of the others.

56th: Monkey Mann Jr. - @24redcrayons – C – 203 TPE
Last Post/Visit: August 6th
Bank Account: $3,125,000 (Weak)
Monkey Mann Jr. was a free agent signing for the Falcons and has looked good so far. In far less time then those that created earlier, he has amassed the same amount of TPE. I would suggest that he gets more involved moving forward. That combined with earning TPE at the same rate should allow him to move up on people’s rankings.

55th: Lemo Pihl - @Ronniewalker – LW – 201 TPE
Bank Account: $2,816,000 (Weak)
Similar to Monkey Mann Jr., Pihl was a free agent signing, who has done everything right since he was signed. As long as he keeps earning TPE at the rate that he has been going, he should be alright, but like I said in regard to Monkey Mann Jr., I would suggest he get’s more involved. Often times free agent signings are under the radar, so it’s important for guys like that to get people’s attention and make them aware of the fact that they are still high-level prospects, despite creating later.

54th: Damien Vertigo - @damienj10 – G – 199 TPE
Bank Account: $6,675,000 (Alright)
Vertigo is the final player listed in that 198-204 TPE cluster, and for good reason. He has had a fairly decent player in the past and has an alright bank account. If that weren’t enough, he too was a free agent signing and has been earning TPE at a very good rate. I would not be surprised to see Vertigo go higher come draft time, as he might be behind in TPE compared to the majority of this class, but there is a lot to like here.

53rd: Čeněk Iqbal- @Samee – LW – 213 TPE
Bank Account: $7,751,500 (Alright)
Iqbal is a bit lower than his TPE suggests he should be, mostly due to his reputation. His first player was pretty decent, but he has made a fair amount since then, and all of which have had pretty short careers, and/or not panned out. On top of that I believe he has some attitude issues. This was the reason why he went undrafted in the SMJHL draft, and a big reason why he is down at 53. Still, he has earned quite a bit of TPE this season, and has an alright bank account, so regardless of whatever issues he may have, he is still a promising prospect who earned this spot.

52nd: Raivo Helminen - @jRuutu – C – 228 TPE
Bank Account: $19,375,000 (Healthy)
Helminen might just be the biggest faller in terms of TPE to ranking. His TPE suggests he should be a top-30 prospect, but unfortunately for him, he suffers from much of the same issues as Iqbal. He too, went undrafted in the SMJHL draft because of attitude issues. While he has done a great job earning TPE, and has a healthy bank account, it’s hard to imagine someone drafting him with his history, which obviously limits his potential.

51st: Ragnar-Alexandre Ragnarsson-Tremblay - @LarryTheMVP – G – 214 TPE
Bank Account: $6,100,000
I’ll call him RT for short. RT is a decent prospect, but like I’ve said in regard to previous prospects, he was a very early create, so you would like to see a bit more from him. In terms of TPE, and his bank account, it’s not bad, but he hasn’t been too involved, and his activity seems to waning, with just 3 posts since July 24th. If he starts to get more involved, and ups his activity, he could easily rise. On the flip side of that, if he continues to trend in this direction, he will surely fall down the rankings.

50th: Karl Schaufelberger - @dylanjj37 – RD – 212 TPE
Bank Account: $13,548,000 (Healthy)
Just cracking the top 50 is Schaufelberger. A good prospect so far in terms of TPE, his only fault comes with his reputation. He has had a player in the past who didn’t work out, so that could prove an obstacle for him to get past come draft time. As is the case with players who don’t have great pasts, he just needs to keep doing his thing and proving to people that he will be better from now on.

49th: Kev Kevens - @Keven – RW – 209 TPE
Bank Account: $1,950,000 (Weak)
Kev Kevens is a first-gen that has looked good but suffers from a weak bank account. He’s got enough for about 4 weeks of training in the SMJHL, so he is going to have to start making some money to prepare for the SHL and move up in the rankings.

48th: Colin Fuhr - @Confusion – LW – 210 TPE
Bank Account: $3,897,000 (Weak)
Fuhr is an interesting prospect. He has a past that includes a number of failed players, and one that ended up being pretty good. That one player who worked out shows us his potential, but it’s hard to look past all of the failed attempts. He’s right around where his TPE suggest he should be, as he is a pretty big question mark moving forward. There is no way to tell which kind of player we are going to get from him, and he doesn’t have the luxury of a big bank account to rely on, as is the case with many recreates.

47th: "Long" John Donair - @GCool – RW – 213 TPE
Bank Account: $11,676,000 (Healthy)
John Donair is a lot like Fuhr. He’s had some good players, as well as some bad players. The biggest difference between the two is their bank account. For now, Donair’s bank account is healthy, which gives him the edge over Fuhr.

46th: William Salming - @Salming – RW – 209 TPE
Bank Account: $3,700,000 (Weak)
Salming is a free agent signing that looks promising. He needs to keep doing what he is doing in terms of earning TPE. The biggest thing weighing him down is that he hasn’t been as involved as some the others around him. If he can start to get more involved, there should be nothing stopping him from rising.

45th: Mat Smith - @Matteo – G – 208 TPE
Another goalie off the board at 45, as it’s one of Quebec City’s free agent signings, Mat Smith. Smith is a lot like Salming and needs to keep doing what he’s doing. He hasn’t done anything wrong to find himself this low, he just needs to play catch-up because he created late. At this point, whether you created late or not, TPE is one of the only determining factors, because everyone is looking good, and he simply doesn’t have as much as those above him.

44th: Chad Danger - @Arayvenn – LW – 210 TPE
Bank Account: $4,971,000 (Weak)
Pretty much the same thing here with Danger, as it was with Smith and Salming. A free agent signing that has looked good, that just needs to keep grinding, and getting his name out there.

43rd: Chimkin Teddy - @Ragnar – G – 207 TPE
Bank Account: $12,074,953 (Healthy)
Another free agent signing, but this one is a bit different. Teddy has a past that includes a HOF player, as well as a couple of busts. In saying that, he has been a very active member on the site in the past, and I think his failures are a little easier to look past then perhaps others may be. The ceiling is very high for Teddy, and his bank account is healthy for now, so he’s got the tools to develop into a top player. He just needs to play catch-up on those that created earlier.

42nd: Marcel Laflamme - @HydroRaven – G – 221 TPE
Last Post/Visit: August 8th
Bank Account: $281,000 (Weak)
Laflamme is a good prospect, with one glaring issue. That is his bank account. He doesn’t even have enough money for another week of training. That is a very big issue, as it will lead to him falling behind in TPE if he can’t do training every week. Unlike, say, attitude issues, this is a more solvable issue, and up until now he has been earning at a very good rate, so he hasn’t dropped to far in the rankings. But, until he earns some more cash, he won’t be moving any further up.

41st: Edward Teach - @biggestshlchad – G – 225 TPE
Bank Account: $820,000 (Weak)
That’s back-to-back-to-back goalies as Edward Teach is our 41st ranked prospect. Teach suffers from the same problem as Laflamme, which is his bank account. He’s got enough for 1 week of training before he runs into issues, and until he solves that, he can’t be placed any higher.

40th: Daedelus James - @littleb – C – 227 TPE
Bank Account: $800,000 (Weak)
James, much like the previous two players ranked, has a weak bank account. With just one week of training left, he has to start earning some cash before he can start to be considered a top prospect again.

39th: Grape Fruit - @canes2112 – LW – 218 TPE
Bank Account: $2,300,000 (Weak)
Grape Fruit is a good prospect who has been pretty consistent so far. While he doesn’t have any issues, he just hasn’t earned as much TPE as those above him, and his involvement, as well as bank account, are low in comparison. If he keeps earning at the rate he is going, his TPE won’t be that much of an issue, rather, he should look to be more involved moving forward, and perhaps earn some more cash to be SHL-ready.

38th: Grandmaster Funk - @GMFunk – LD – 217 TPE
Bank Account: $1,725,000 (Weak)
Grandmaster Funk, what a name. Funk was a last minute create before the draft, and as such, missed a bit of time to earn TPE. With that being said, he’s still managed to crack the top-38, because he has been very involved, and not missed any opportunities to earn TPE since then. His biggest problem is his bank account. He’s got enough for about 3 weeks of training. That gives him plenty of time to earn some more cash, but if he doesn’t do so, he will be in trouble. With everyone above him having more TPE, and the majority having a bigger bank account, he couldn’t be placed any higher.

37th: Boris Petrov - @LimJahey – LD – 234 TPE
Bank Account: $275,000 (Weak)
Petrov is another player that is falling down the rankings quite a bit. His TPE suggests he should be a top-20 prospect, but with his current bank account, it’s hard to put him any higher than this. Petrov can’t even afford another week of training. He needs to start earning money, and he has to do it now, or else he is going to start falling behind in TPE. If he starts to make some cash, he will rise way up, to around where his TPE suggest he should be.

36th: Thomas Rose - @bigbluex02 – RW – 218 TPE
Bank Account: $3,500,000 (Weak)
It’s hard to place Rose any higher than this, simply due to TPE. As I’ve said before, everyone is a pretty good prospect at this point, so sometimes it’s going to have to come down to a measurable stat such as TPE. Rose just has to keep grinding and try to make up some ground on those above him.

35th: Adrian Ayers - @gordieboom – RW – 225 TPE
Bank Account: $94,729,500 (Loaded)
Amazingly, Ayers loaded bank account of $94,729,500 doesn’t even crack the top 5 in this class. Still, suffice to say he’s setup for success moving forward. With that being said, going inactive in the past hurts his draft stock. A large bank account isn’t enough to put him ahead of people who are around the same TPE level. He’s done well so far this season, but he still has to convince people that last time was a one-off and he’s a top prospect again, to move up in the rankings.

34th: Vaseline Podcalzone – @bdu754 – RW – 223 TPE
Bank Account: $4,100,000 (Weak)
Podcalzone, much like Rose, is slotted practically right where his TPE suggests he should be. Unless you’ve got some kind of stand out quality, there isn’t much reason for you to be placed any higher than that, and Podcalzone unfortunately does not. I would recommend building up a good bank account, to get your name out there more, and get ready for the SHL.

33rd: Valtteri Aalto - @drodger91 – G – 220 TPE
Bank Account: $33,238,000 (Loaded)
Aalto is ranked a little higher than his TPE suggest he should be, but for good reason. Having had multiple good players in the past, he’s got a pretty good reputation. Along with that, comes a loaded bank account that should set him up for success for years to come. His TPE is the only thing preventing him from being ranked any higher at the moment. Don’t be surprised if he goes higher then this come draft time.

32nd: Calvin Hobbes - @krazko – C – 225 TPE
Bank Account: $3,858,000 (Weak)
Another first-gen that has done everything right, and mostly finds himself at this point because he doesn’t have as much TPE as those above him. Just keep doing you, and as I’ve said to others, look for a way to differentiate yourself, whatever that may be.

31st: Alexis Vermette - @treant – RW – 233 TPE
Last Post/Visit: August 5th
Bank Account: $55,100,000 (Loaded)
Vermette has done a great job this season, which nearly gets him a spot in the top-30. What’s keeping him outside of that is his past. He has had multiple players that didn’t work out, and one that was decent. He is going to have to get teams to look past this if he is going to go very high this year. With that being said, 233 TPE is good for top-20 in this stacked draft class, so he is on the right track.

30th: Jimmy Dekens - @monkey10pts – LD – 229 TPE
Bank Account: $18,297,000 (Healthy)
Dekens is similar to Vermette. He has a player in the past, which was decent. Unlike with Vermette, I wouldn’t say it is necessarily hurting him here, it just suggests that his potential may not be as high as some others. He’s just got to keep grinding, and with a healthy bank account at his back, he should be picked up come draft time.

29th: Mikhael Petrov - @to12143 – D – 237 TPE
Bank Account: $23,500,000 (Strong)
Yet another player that falls in the rankings because of their past. Mikhael Petrov is the third Petrov to appear on the rankings so far, and its due to him having had multiple attempts at players, and only one amounting to anything. Like I have said to others with troubled pasts, all you can really do is keep grinding and prove the doubters wrong. 237 TPE is a hell of a start, so let’s hope he keeps it up.

28th: Vili Afalava - @Wasty – RD – 210 TPE
Bank Account: $390,570,000 (Loaded)
We’re inside the top-28 now, and here is where I would begin listing all of the prospects as potential 1st round candidates, half-way through the season. Afalava is way higher than his TPE suggests he should be. With just 210 TPE, he hasn’t lived up to expectations half way through the season, but with his history, you have to think that he is a guarantee if there ever was one. Plenty of great players previously, and what I can only imagine is the biggest bank account on the site, you have nothing to worry about here. The only question mark for him is his motivation. He has all the tools to be a top end prospect, but that can only get him so far, and until he starts to pick up some more TPE, he won’t be able to pass any of the people above him, who have all looked fantastic up to this point of the season.

27th: Valtterri Kauppinen - @Pythonic – LW – 233 TPE
Bank Account: $1,582,000 (Weak)
As I stated previously, everyone left could easily go in the first round come draft time. Kauppinen is in here because he’s been earning TPE at a good rate and getting involved on the site. He happens to be on the lower end of these first-round candidates because of his weak bank account. He’s got three weeks of training left before his account runs empty, so unless he gets to work, he could be in trouble. It’s cause for concern, but from what he has shown us so far this season, we have reason to believe that he will make some cash over the next three weeks and put our minds to ease. Let’s hope so, because he is a promising prospect that you would hate to see fall behind in TPE.

26th: Zbynek Dobrovsky - @iStegosauruz – RW – 232 TPE
Bank Account: $3,280,000 (Weak)
Dobrovsky is another promising first-gen that could go in the first round. Much like Kauppinen, his bank account needs some work for him to be considered over some of the people above him. He’s got plenty of time left to build it up, so let’s hope he does just that, and starts to get a little bit more involved as the season rolls on.

25th: Patrik Money - @Mooney – LW – 230 TPE
Last Post/Visit: August 8th
Bank Account: $3,550,000 (Weak)
A lot like Kauppinen and Dobrokvsky, Money’s biggest issue at the moment is his bank account (that’s ironic). He too has plenty of time to build it up, and in comparison to his counterparts, he has more cash, and been more involved, so he could very well be the first of the 3 to go come draft night.

24th: Michael Withecheck - @sakrosankt - LD – 235 TPE
Last Post/Visit: June 7th
Bank Account: $4,150,000 (Weak)
What I said about Money, can also be applied to Withecheck. He’s got to improve his bank account, but it’s better than his counterparts, Kauppinen, Dobrovsky, and Money’s, and he’s picked up more TPE as well.

23rd: Zebulon Leavitt - @Kraagenskul – LD – 224 TPE
Bank Account: $11,169,000 (Healthy)
Leavitt is ranked a fair amount higher than his TPE would place him, mainly due to the impressive bank account that he has managed to build up as a first-gen. He’s already got a healthy bank account with half the season to go, meaning he is setup for success once he is drafted. Aside from this, he is pretty involved in the site. This was as high as he could go for his current TPE level, but nonetheless, a very good prospect that is likely underrated, and could go in the first round.

22nd: Kynwyl Pearce - @Shmurph – RW – 231 TPE
Bank Account: $51,885,000 (Loaded)
Coming in after that batch of first-gens, is Kynwyl Pearce. Pearce has had a couple of players, one of which worked out quite well, earning him a pretty good reputation. With that, he also amassed a large bank account, which should last him well into his career. He’s a good prospect that just has to keep at it and attempt to gain some TPE on those in front of him, and he could find himself going inside the first round.

21st: Tanjiro Kamado - @Andy – LD – 226 TPE
Bank Account: $31,921,000 (Loaded)
Kamada is another recreate with a good past. He’s ahead of Pearce due to having had multiple good players, rather then one. Just like Pearce, he’s got the bank account to support his development for years to come, and as long as he keeps earning, he will go high. It’s just hard to place him any higher at the moment given his TPE level.

20th: Jasper Maximov - @enigmatic – LD – 227 TPE
Bank Account: $79,310,000 (Loaded)
Sneaking into the top-20 is Jasper Maximov. Having previous players that were very successful, Maximov has earned a great reputation. Much like Pearce and Kamado, the only thing preventing Maximov from being higher is his TPE. Should he keep earning, and possibly gain some TPE back on those ahead of him, he could very well be a top pick.

19th: Phillip Weaver - @W19eaver – G – 228 TPE
Bank Account: $12,900,000 (Healthy)
If you have been paying attention to the SMJHL media section at all this season, it would have been impossible to ignore Weaver. The guy has been producing article after article, and if you look at his bank account, it shows. To build a healthy bank account in half a season, as a first-gen, is super impressive. Suffice to say he has been very active thus far and looks to be a top prospect heading into the draft. All that’s left to do for Weaver is gain some TPE on those ahead of him.

18th: Jonas Kahnwald - @Festinator – RD – 233 TPE
Bank Account: $10,270,000 (Healthy)
Similar to Weaver, Kahnwald has built up a good bank account for a first-gen. On top of this, he’s managed to snag more TPE, which puts him ahead for now. As is the case with most actives, he just has to make up some TPE on the top of the class to be ranked any higher.

17th: Lucas Johansson - @JR95 – LW – 225 TPE
Bank Account: $37,410,000 (Loaded)
Johansson came in to the season as a top ranked prospect, due to his great reputation from his players, and his contributions to the site, and he has looked good, but he hasn’t kept up with the top of the pack in TPE. This was really as high as Johansson could be placed, given his current TPE level. Everyone left has either an equally impressive reputation, or quite a bit more TPE.

16th: Xavier Doom - @JKortesi81 – C – 229 TPE
Bank Account: $88,154,000 (Loaded)
Doom was another top prospect coming into the season, and like Johansson, he has been good, but just hasn’t been able to keep up with the top of the class in TPE. He’s been better then Johansson, which is why he is ranked higher, but until he shortens that gap with the rest of the class, it will be hard to move higher, regardless of how good your reputation is.

15th: Zdenko Beranek - @ztevans – RW – 232 TPE
Bank Account: $97,609,010 (Loaded)
The last of the “Big 3” from the SMJHL draft, as they go back-to-back-to-back in our mid-season rankings. Beranek is another guy with a great reputation due to previous players being successful, and his activity on to the site.  Much like his counterparts, it’s hard to place him any higher than this when he is behind the rest of the class in TPE.

14th: Rikki Petrov - @AndrewWarren13 – C – 243 TPE
Last Post: August 5th
Bank Account: $2,125,000 (Weak)
Another Petrov off the board, with Rikki going at 14. While he is near the top of the class in TPE, he’s got a pretty weak bank account compared to everyone else at the top, which is all it takes to separate yourself from them.  Still, he’s got tons of time to earn some cash prior to the draft, and if he does, he should be a 1st round pick at the rate he has been going.

13th: Slava Petrov - @ckroyal92 – LW – 246 TPE
Bank Account: $2,610,000 (Weak)
Similar to Rikki Petrov, Slava Petrov suffers from a weak bank account. He is actually 3rd in TPE in the whole class, but it’s so close near the top that a couple TPE doesn’t mean much, whereas a weak bank account does. He has plenty of time to build his bank account up, and judging off of his past, he probably will, but until he does, he’s going to be below the people around him in TPE, who have a solid bank account.

12th: KnockedOut ByOvechkin - @ddrector – RW – 244 TPE
Bank Account: $4,643,000 (Weak)
The third-to-last first-gen to be ranked is KnockedOut ByOvechkin. With 244 TPE, he’s been able to stay at the top of the class with a lot of big name recreates, which is very impressive. He has also collected enough money to last the rest of this season and judging off what he has done to this point, is more then capable of making more over the back half of the season. With that being said, until he goes out and builds that bank account up, he can’t be ranked any higher than those with a bigger bank account. In any other season, he is probably a top-10 player, but with all of the big name recreates in this draft class, he slides down to 12.

11th: Evangelos Giannopoulos - @JSS – LD – 236 TPE
Bank Account: $140,573,000 (Loaded)
Giannopoulos is another big name recreate who has had multiple successful players. He’s also got an insane bank account, which makes him a safer pick then players like Rikki Petrov, Slava Petrov, and KnockedOut ByOvechkin. Unfortunately, he’s still a bit behind the top of the class in TPE, which puts him just outside of the top-10.

10th: Teylora Petrov - @Panda – D – 244 TPE
Bank Account: $48,616,000 (Loaded)
The second highest ranked Petrov, is Teylora. With an interesting history, Teylora is someone that has an incredibly high ceiling, but a pretty low floor. It’s hit or miss. It looks like Teylora is on track to be a hit, and their activity suggests they are pretty motivated. Still, when were talking top-10, everyone is a great prospect, and the risk might not be worth taking over someone who looks just as good and hasn’t “missed” before. I’m sure there will be a team that takes Teylora in the 1st round, the question is how high.

9th: Dee Centerman IV - @grok – C – 241 TPE
Bank Account: $12,438,000 (Healthy)
Dee Centerman IV is another prospect with a great reputation. He’s coming off a successful career with his last player and seems to be picking up right where he left off. He’s the third highest ranked center in the class, and the first of 4 Whalers in the top-10. If he can make up a couple TPE here and there he could move up, but either way, I expect him to be a 1st round pick come draft time.

8th: Sarah Burke - @Kyamprac – LD – 245 TPE
Bank Account: $5,423,000 (Alright)
Burke is the second highest ranked first-gen of this class. She has managed to keep up with the top of the class in TPE and built up an alright bank account. She should look to build it up some more prior to the draft, as that’s the only thing keeping her from being ranked any higher, but she has plenty of time to do so, and as long as she keeps on doing what she is doing, there is no reason why she shouldn’t a be a top prospect.

7th: Max Goodname - @Smiley – LD – 245 TPE
Bank Account: $5,990,000 (Alright)
Here we have the highest ranked first-gen of the draft class, half-way through the season. It’s Max Goodname. Goodname has done everything right up until now. He’s near the top of the class in TPE, has been very involved on the site, has kept his activity up, and has built up an alright bank account. This is another guy that would have been impossible to miss if you have been checking in on the SMJHL media section, as he produces multiple articles a week. Goodname is a top-5 prospect in any other draft class and should be a surefire 1st round pick if he keeps it up.

6th: Sachimo Zoidberg Jr. - @Jala – LD – 242 TPE
Bank Account: $92,790,000 (Loaded)
We’re back with high-end recreates, with Zoidberg Jr. coming in at number 6. Zoidberg Jr. is a player with a great past. He has had multiple successful players and been very active on the site at times. Along with this, he’s got a massive bank account that should be appealing to SHL teams. This, combined with the rate that he’s been earning TPE, leads to him being a top prospect heading into the back half of the season.

5th: Bane - @Winter is Coming  – RD – 248 TPE
Bank Account: $127,700,000 (Loaded)
Feared by many, the great Bane comes in at 5. As the highest ranked defensemen in the class, Bane has looked great so far. He is tied for the lead in TPE with 248 and seems to have the proper motivation to succeed in this league again. The ceiling is limitless for Bane, as he is one the most active members in the league at times, and with a bank account of over $120 Million, he has set himself up for success moving forward.

4th: Vladmir Petrov - @Muford – RW – 245 TPE
Bank Account: $15,570,000 (Healthy)
The seventh and final Petrov, is Vladmir. The highest ranked right winger of the class is a recreate with a good reputation. His previous player was good, and it looks like he is on track to be another success, with 245 TPE (good for 4th in the class) at the half-way point of the season. The only thing that could hold him back is his bank account. It’s healthy for now, but it wouldn’t come as a surprise if someone were to look at a bank account such as Zoidberg Jr.’s or Bane’s and prefer to go that route. Still, we’ve got him all the way up at 4, because his last player was quite recent in comparison to the others, and his bank account won’t be a concern for at least a season or two. As long as Vladmir Petrov keeps at it, he should be a top-10 pick.

3rd: Yngve Simonsson - @JumpierPegasus – LW – 244 TPE
Bank Account: $28,376,750 (Strong)
Cracking the top-3 is Yngve Simonsson. He is the highest ranked left winger in the class and has a fantastic reputation. He’s been active on SHL for what seems like forever, and had multiple good players. He seems to be on route to do it again, as he’s with the top of the class in TPE, very active, and got a strong bank account. If SHL teams value the consistency of someone like Simonsson as much as we think, he should be a top pick.

2nd: Rock Strongo - @Leafs4ever – C – 243 TPE
Bank Account: $118,601,000 (Loaded)
The second highest ranked prospect in this draft class, at the half-way point of the season, is Rock Strongo. Perhaps the player with the most history in this class, Strongo has been active for years, and held multiple important positions throughout the league. There is no questioning his commitment and love for the SHL, and with how he has looked in the first-half of the season, he has put himself in a position to be a top pick.

1st: Aleksander Kozlov - @FlappyGiraffe – C – 248 TPE
Bank Account: $115,355,500 (Loaded)
Out of the 84 prospects currently on an SMJHL team, Aleksander Kozlov is the top prospect at the half-way point of the season. Kozlov hasn’t missed the opportunity to grab any TPE, as he is leading the class with 248. Along with that, he has a loaded bank account, which is very appealing to SHL teams. He’s also got a great reputation, as he is coming right off a very successful career with his last player. The top spot is his to lose heading into the back-half of the season.

Code:
8,037 Words

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

Ranked higher than the wicked Sam.E - all is well Cool

Great stuff! It truly is a big class.

Great article! Thanks for the ranking!

[Image: Qfss7w7.png]      [Image: 8yB62LM.png]
[Image: W19eaver.gif]

Tendy* but thank you.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

This is the hit I was waiting for. Great article

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Ilike

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Every time I see my name posted on something I feel like my dog feels when I hold him up in front of the mirror and say "That's you!"

[Image: zdoMJuR.png]

Good shit man!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Good read! Slowly climbing, looking forward to draft day.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

7th, I feel blessed.

[Image: 62048_s.gif]

[Image: quebeccity.png]
[Image: kcP9WEd.png][Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Love it! I did create way late, as in like last week, so I do think I’ll rise before the draft

Wooo.

Great article!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Love seeing the Whalers prospects showing up! Great piece!

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Get Crappy For Flappy!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

JP 1OA

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)