Create Account

What does the future look like for Bo Kane? (Presser)
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2020, 11:07 PM by NONAME.)

GRADE

Bo Kane made a stunning announcement last off-season that shocked the SHL community. He decided to part ways with the team that drafted him 3rd overall back in season 49 and signed a 1 year $7,000,000 deal with the Edmonton Blizzard. This decision was financially motivated which he made very clear throughout his continuous negotiations with the Pride and the handful of other teams interested. In the end, he took a $1,500,000 discount to sign with the Blizzard as he saw this partnership as the best fit for him to flourish into the star player he's wanted to be. This decision has clearly paid off as he is shattering his previous career high records. He currently has 24 goals which puts him 3rd overall in the league, trailing Luffy (26), Morgan (25), and Cloutier (25). He also has reached the 50 point plateau which has him 6th overall in the league. All of this within only 37 games.

The future for Kane is a massive question mark though as he only signed a 1 year deal with the Blizzard. His future deals will also be financially motivated which might make it hard for the Blizzard to retain him as they also have Theo Morgan, Bradly McIntyre, Karlstraße Scholz, and more contracts expiring.

Bo Kane will now be taking questions...

08-16-2020, 12:39 PMhhh81 Wrote: The last question counted, by the way.

1. What is most important to you entering this offseason?

The most important thing for me entering this offseason is going to be finding a new team that is able to fit my needs as a player. Unlike a good amount of players within the league, I am very contract reliant. I need a high paying contract to help pay for my equipment each season as I just don't have the time or motivation to write articles or learn how to do graphics. Another thing for me is I'm very against the "team friendly contract" culture within the league. I think the better players should be making a considerable amount more than they currently are. This will apply some pressure on GM's to be careful with the moves they make and just in general make the position more skillful and rewarding.

2. What do you think are the chances for Edmonton to lift the Challenge Cup this season?

I think we have a very good chance of winning the Challenge Cup this season. We have a loaded roster with guys like Karlstrasse Scholz, Brady McIntyre, FR Finn-Rhys, Tony Pepperoni, Julio Tokolosh, Theo Morgan, Bo Kane, and the list just keeps going on. We have had great regular season success so far as we sit 2nd in W%. One of the reasons I ended up selecting the Blizzard as the team to sign with in the offseason is because I believed they would have a great season and with the addition of me, hopefully, it would be enough to push them over the edge.

3. How do you feel about expansion looming? Would you want to play for an expansion team?

I think expansion is always a very exciting time for any league. The SMJHL just went through it and they did a fantastic job so the SHL has a lot of pressure following suit. From what I've seen, it seems like these expansion teams will be getting some high-quality players as well so it'll be interesting to see how these teams form and end up playing in their first season. My only knock against the expansion draft at this time is the SHL doesn't even use 4th lines. I understand the argument against it as who wants to play on the 4th line? But at the same time, if you don't want to be on the 4th line then earn the TPE so you don't have to be or leave during FA if you're unhappy with your playtime. Didn't the SHL use 4th lines in STHS? If so I don't remember there being a problem then and there isn't this issue in the SMJHL to a degree where it's a huge concern.

I'd happily play for an expansion team. It would be a cool experience to be apart of and it would be very appealing to be there for a start of an organization and to get going on the franchise records early and to see what you can hold onto after your career.

4.  What do you miss most about San Francisco?

I really wanted to stick with one team throughout my career so it sucks I wasn't able to fulfill that goal of mine. It also sucks that I won't be able to win with Henrik Lekberg Osterman and Sven Birdman anymore. It was neat how the Raptors streamline to the Pride was there.

5. What do you miss least about San Francisco?

While I was with the Pride we didn't really have the most success and with the team aging it wasn't looking like success was in its near future.

10. Do you think your breakout this season is more about you coming into your own as a player, or the system in Edmonton helping scorers thrive? Tony Pepperoni and Julio Tokolosh had standout years last season, and now you and Theo Morgan have joined them this time around.

I think it's a good mix of both. I'm starting to get up there in TPE and I have the attributes where I should be a considerably more productive player than I had been in the past, however, the management group of the Blizzard are very knowledgeable and understand how to make effective lines and I definitely get some benefit from that which I won't complain about. It's one of the main reasons I ended up signing for 1.5M less than another offer I had.

08-16-2020, 11:49 AMKlusteR Wrote: At this state in your career, are you more keen on finding a team that is in "win-now" mode, or are you willing to go to a team that will give you plenty of playing time, but may be a bit less competitive for a few seasons?

Would you be open to signing a contract with an expansion franchise, should one of them come knocking on your door?

I'm basically strictly financially motivated with my contracts are this point. Whatever team offers me the most money with a short term deal (preferably 1-2 years) will have the best chance at signing me. The tiebreaker for that will be where I'll be slotting in the lineup and then how competitive the team will be. I have no problem signing with a bottom feeder if they will pay me accordingly.

I'd happily sign with an expansion team. That scenario is very attractive to me as they'd likely have enough cap space to make something work financially, they'll be able to slot me higher up in the lineup with favourable ice-time, and all the team records are there to be taken. It would be very neat to have a long career with one of this expansion teams to try and put my name in the history books of an organization for a long time.

Falcons Canada

Wouldn't being behind 3 players in goals make you fourth in scoring?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

08-15-2020, 10:05 PMSlashACM Wrote: Wouldn't being behind 3 players in goals make you fourth in scoring?
It makes him fourth in scoring but 3rd overall. Luffy is leading then Morgan and Cloutier are 1st and 2nd behind then Kane is 3rd.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 11:00 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

Who is Bradly? I'd probably him Theo Morgan over them

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

08-15-2020, 10:52 PMLime Wrote:
08-15-2020, 10:05 PMSlashACM Wrote: Wouldn't being behind 3 players in goals make you fourth in scoring?
It makes him fourth in scoring but 3rd overall. Luffy is leading then Morgan and Cloutier are 1st and 2nd behind then Kane is 3rd.

I thought it would look more like this
1. Luffy
2. Morgan
Cloutier
4. Kane

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

08-15-2020, 11:18 PMSlashACM Wrote:
08-15-2020, 10:52 PMLime Wrote: It makes him fourth in scoring but 3rd overall. Luffy is leading then Morgan and Cloutier are 1st and 2nd behind then Kane is 3rd.

I thought it would look more like this
1. Luffy
2. Morgan
    Cloutier
4. Kane
Well it starts at 0 technically because Luffy isn't behind anyone so it goes

Luffy (0)
1. Morgan
2. Cloutier
3. Kane

Luffy is a zero I agree Lime

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]
[Image: KPt6Yuu.png]

08-15-2020, 11:48 PMLime Wrote:
08-15-2020, 11:18 PMSlashACM Wrote: I thought it would look more like this
1. Luffy
2. Morgan
    Cloutier
4. Kane
Well it starts at 0 technically because Luffy isn't behind anyone so it goes

Luffy (0)
1. Morgan
2. Cloutier
3. Kane

He's third behind the leader but I don't think it's possible to be zerost in scoring :thinking:

Give me questions so I can earn some $$ instead of talking about the goal scoring rankings Cry

Falcons Canada

At this state in your career, are you more keen on finding a team that is in "win-now" mode, or are you willing to go to a team that will give you plenty of playing time, but may be a bit less competitive for a few seasons?

Would you be open to signing a contract with an expansion franchise, should one of them come knocking on your door?

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

If I ask you 10 questions, will that drop your AAV contract request for this next contract?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

08-16-2020, 11:51 AMhhh81 Wrote: If I ask you 10 questions, will that drop your AAV contract request for this next contract?

it'll definitely help

Falcons Canada
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 12:40 PM by hhh81.)

The last question counted, by the way.

1. What is most important to you entering this offseason?
2. What do you think are the chances for Edmonton to lift the Challenge Cup this season?
3. How do you feel about expansion looming? Would you want to play for an expansion team?
4. What do you miss most about San Francisco?
5. What do you miss least about San Francisco?
6. What do you think of the job your uncle has done back in Colorado?
7. Who is the most exciting young player in the league?
8. You've played your entire career so far west of the Mississippi. Do you not like the Eastern time zone, or is that just a funny coincidence?
9. Any weird contract demands you'll be making this time around?
10. Do you think your breakout this season is more about you coming into your own as a player, or the system in Edmonton helping scorers thrive? Tony Pepperoni and Julio Tokolosh had standout years last season, and now you and Theo Morgan have joined them this time around.
11. Now that Toronto shat the bed, who are you cheering for in the Stanley Cup playoffs?

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

08-16-2020, 02:28 AMSlashACM Wrote:
08-15-2020, 11:48 PMLime Wrote: Well it starts at 0 technically because Luffy isn't behind anyone so it goes

Luffy (0)
1. Morgan
2. Cloutier
3. Kane

He's third behind the leader but I don't think it's possible to be zerost in scoring :thinking:
Well you wouldn't say zerost you would say he's leading

08-16-2020, 11:51 AMhhh81 Wrote: If I ask you 10 questions, will that drop your AAV contract request for this next contract?

Sounds like cap circumvention to me baby.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]