Create Account

Open letter:Expansion GM announcement

@

[Image: livius.gif]

08-16-2020, 06:56 AMLeoben Wrote: I mean our response to COVID-19 has been a little off, to put it lightly, but under-developed because someone in Head Office (it's not a real office FYI, it's just a pretend thing, all of this is really) didn't send you a rejection letter?  I don't know.

Imagine if a mentor or updater said that about a user because they messed something up.  Yikes.

I liked the original point being made here but it's kind of gone now, as is tradition.

Sweden has been praised by many for how we handled covid, but employers here usually never hear back about job applications, therefore we are less developed

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

The point is 5-6 people who applied are annoyed to have not had any interaction at all. Not even an acknowledgment that their application was received. And there are others who share the sentiment from previous applications. Talking about anything beyond that is useless at this point.

How about we fire Lee and give his job away

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

As silly as it is, I go back to @spooked's idea of sort a HO HR person. But mostly for the fact of what they do for jobs in terms of applications. I mostly suggest this not necessarily because I don't think SD or Nour can't do any of this, but it could make their lives easier? I do believe HO applications are sent to them as well as expansion applications and GM applications and everything else they have to handle. I feel like almost like a HR/ Job application manager for all HO jobs could make it easier for them. And then when the job is created in its outline will be if HO deems appropriate or not the idea of responding that they got applications or if you didn't get the job etc.

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

08-16-2020, 06:56 AMLeoben Wrote: I mean our response to COVID-19 has been a little off, to put it lightly, but under-developed because someone in Head Office (it's not a real office FYI, it's just a pretend thing, all of this is really) didn't send you a rejection letter?  I don't know.

Imagine if a mentor or updater said that about a user because they messed something up.  Yikes.

I liked the original point being made here but it's kind of gone now, as is tradition.
I call the US developed for how they responded to Covid, how they treat employees, their electoral system and their approach to healthcare. Has nothing to do with HOs response.

And tbh, my take on HO (and everyone who opens applications /hires people on this site) not responding to apps has nothing to do with this instance specifically. Ive been saying this for months, just ask Badwolf if you don't believe me.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Why are people comparing this to a job app? The reason it's annoying you don't get a call back for a job in real life is because you have no idea who they hired, when they hired, or even if they ended up hiring anyone

The way you know you did not get the job here is because they post a public announcement to everyone saying who the applicant that got the job was. That's your "rejection call" if you will.

If the league up and hired someone without an announcement and then all of a sudden someone was just performing the job then I'd say you all have a point, but that's not how it works. The HO announces each job individually in the announcement section

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

08-16-2020, 10:49 AMJumpierPegasus Wrote: Why are people comparing this to a job app? The reason it's annoying you don't get a call back for a job in real life is because you have no idea who they hired, when they hired, or even if they ended up hiring anyone

The way you know you did not get the job here is because they post a public announcement to everyone saying who the applicant that got the job was. That's your "rejection call" if you will.

If the league up and hired someone without an announcement and then all of a sudden someone was just performing the job then I'd say you all have a point, but that's not how it works. The HO announces each job individually in the announcement section
Not always true. Example: Fantasy managers. 

And even then; it's a matter of respect. By not even acknowledging someone applied, you're not giving them the respect they deserve. Finding out you didn't get the job in the announcement of the ones who did get it, or worse: because you see who did get it perform the job, without or before any announcement, feels like a slap in the face of someone who is serious about their application and this league.

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Can't we all go back to blaming Eggy for everything that's wrong in this world?

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

08-15-2020, 08:00 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
08-15-2020, 07:48 PMBruins10 Wrote: Am i the only one that read this and thought that it was actually a good idea to have like a HR department or like some people that can do some tasks for the commish under his belt or what not? In this situation, you could have had someone take that job and contact everyone who did not get an interview or what not and they would handle those conversations? The commishes and the HO have enough on their plates like they say, so maybe having some sort of HR would be able to get the job done in a way that pleases the community

A sort of HR department would probably be an overall net positive addition to the site.

When has HR in any manner been a positive addition to anything ever?

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 12:36 PM by Count Chocula.)

08-14-2020, 07:49 PMDaftRaincloud Wrote:
08-14-2020, 07:48 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Oof is this for real? This combined with the allegations that not everyone was interviewed is pretty concerning.

100% true.

I will come out and say it, since you didn't get any feedback from the HO about your expansion bid. It is clear that you spent some time on your video, however it was boring. I checked out after a few minutes. Here is what I believe you could have done better. First off , the slides should have key points, not walls of text. More importantly stick to one coherent idea. If I'm going to give you a team I don't give me four different areas that don't have one. You want a team in Portland, tell me why Portland and only Portland is the best destination there is and why I would be an idiot not to put a team there. I got no sense of a true vision for a franchise. That would cut your video down to about 5-7 minutes which is much more digestible if the HO has to watch 50 of these. To be honest your team names felt so generic or were repeats of other leagues. All that being said, yes you did your research on the locations so good job in that regard.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Well all those that didn't get picked can always go delete the budget right?

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

im on page 8 and im too lazy to read all these essays but ill deadass work for HO PR

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

08-16-2020, 10:48 AMMutedfaith Wrote:

I call the US developed for how they responded to Covid, how they treat employees, their electoral system and their approach to healthcare. Has nothing to do with HOs response.

And tbh, my take on HO (and everyone who opens applications /hires people on this site) not responding to apps has nothing to do with this instance specifically. Ive been saying this for months, just ask Badwolf if you don't believe me.

Nothing about how the US has responded to Covid shows a developed country LOL.

Has nothing to do with this issue at all though so I don't know why this was used as an argument.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

08-16-2020, 12:50 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote: Well all those that didn't get picked can always go delete the budget right?

these folks don't remember the terror when gorlab wasn't selected for an expansion team

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]