Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT

I have chosen to write about the Hamilton Steelhawks. They are an experienced franchise with plenty of options to choose from, including legends such as Joe McKeil and Raymond Lindsay. With that being said, I have selected somebody else as the franchise GOAT. My selection is Robert Phelps. As the Steelhawks all-time leader in goals, assists, points, +/-, shots, PPA, PPP, and face-offs won, Phelps statistics speak for themselves. Playing 18 seasons with the team, with exactly 900 games played, Phelps is one of the most well-known players to come out of Hamilton. He finished his career in Hamilton with over a point per game and has led the team to 2 championships. His biggest competition was Joe McKeil, who’s longevity was incredible, as well as Raymond Lindsey, who had a short but excellent career, and Ben Dover, who is perhaps the team’s greatest defensemen of all-time. Still, none of the aforementioned players produced offense at the same rate as Phelps, which gives him the edge over all three.

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]

THE NEWFOUNDLAND GOAT
RYUUJI
MINAMINO
[Image: welcome-to-mile-one-centre.png]

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

The GOAT for the Chicago Syndicate would have to go to Daniel Smeb. He leads the team in Franchise records for Assists, Games Played, and Points. Not to mention he has been with the Franchise since it was created. So he is the player who we ended up building with and leaning on in Chicago for a lot of seasons. Now that he is in his prime, Smeb shows how elite he is. He will continue to hold franchise records and break them throughout the rest of his already storied career. The biggest thing that Daniel Smeb brings to the team is his tenacity. He is always on the ice in key moments and they are never to big for him. He loves to dish the puck around and can consistently find open guys. Despite him not even being the main Captain, Corey Kennedy holds that honor, he still is a leader. Daniel Smeb will go down as one of the Greatest of All Time, or GOATs, if not just for the Chicago Syndicate, but also potentially the entire Simulation Hockey League. He was born into an expansion franchise and he made the most of it. If that is not how you get considered the GOAT, then I don't know what is.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

The Texas Renegades franchise goat is nobody else than the legend himself, Jack Durden. Jack Durden played a ton of games for the Renegades, to be particular 900 regular season games, that are 18 long seasons of SHL pro sim hockey. Only one player had 7 games more than him in franchise history. But Jack Durden is the leading goal scorer (278, only Conklin Owen have as many as him) and also leads the Renegades in all time assists (477). Pretty easy math that he is the Renegades all time point leader. He also is a challenge cup winner, he only won it once in his long career all the way back to season 36, by the way the last cup the Texas Renegades could win. Jack's records will stay a long time before there is somebody that could catch him. But watch out to the guy called Kvalheim, the Viking is climbing the Renegades history book up maybe he could come close the Durden.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

I think the GOAT for the Calgary Dragons is very easy, you have the leader in points, goals and games played as the same player. Esa Anrikkanen, who laced up the skates for the Dragons 1458 times between season 18 to 46 in almost 30 seasons for Calgary. Anrikkanen would have his prime when the Dragons would win the cup in Season 27, 29 and 32, never dropping below 34 points in that frame( Eas would never dip below 34 points from season 21 to 38) he was the model of consistency. Finishing with 1063 points the most with any franchise in SHL history, he also hit 50 points three times and 40 points 12 times all in his first 21 seasons. Anrikkanen would also be part of the big cup wins in season 40 and 42. So to recap, most all time games played, face of the franchise when he played and 5 cups makes Anrikkanen the Calgary GOAT

Code:
160 words

I do not care what anyone, including the man himself, Nikolaus Scholz, Nikolaus Scholz is the best player in franchise history. Obviously Nikolaus Scholz held many Edmonton Blizzard records for a long period and is currently the player with the most games played. Even if he is completely removed from the record books he will never be removed from the hearts of the Edmonton fans. Nikolaus Scholz was a monster on the field racking up major statistics on the ice including championships and more awards. However, the true GOAT status of Nikolaus Scholz’s career comes from the work he did off the ice, in the community and in the locker room. Nikolaus Scholz helped steer the Blizzard to one of their greatest eras in history. Furthermore he was beloved by fans, players on the team, coaches, and even members throughout the league that were never associated with the Edmonton Blizzard. It is my belief that Nikolaus Scholz will always be remembered as Edmonton’s Sweetheart.

@karlssens

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

PT pass claim

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Looking back at the history of the Toronto North Stars, without a doubt their franchise GOAT is Kristian Eriksson, or @raymond3000. He's a top SHL all time scorer, a high TPE earner in a time where that wasn't overly common and has become (and long been) one of the best player builders in league history. Those who were on that franchise knew the influence that guys like Eriksson, Cunningham, Wartooth and Harter had on the team. They were homegrown heart and soul players that were in it for the long haul. He exemplified everything you wanted from a franchise player and set records in the process. Toronto looks like it has some bright days ahead of it, but even so I don't see anyone reaching the meteoric level that Eriksson did. Truly a game changing player, Eriksson will forever remain #1 in the North Stars history books. I was truly lucky to get to GM him as long as I did.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

The Edmonton Blizzard are the franchise most near and dear to me in the SHL, and in my time there I saw many players come and go. Theo Kane, Nikolaus Scholz, Jakub Aittokallio, and Kyle Keenan would all be in the discussion for the greatest Blizzard of all time. Players who came after my time - like Hercules Rockefeller and Tor Tuck - would certainly be in the discussion as well. However, when asked "who is the greatest Edmonton Blizzard player of all time?", my immediate reaction is one name: Lucas Smith. Smith, who was originally drafted by the Calgary Dragons in Season 9, came to Edmonton via trade. He immediately made an impact. He quickly became a leader on and off the ice, and was a model of consistency. While Smith did not have the same scoring highs that player like Kane would have in future seasons - often a point of frustration for him - he was consistently reliable and became the talisman of the Blizzard as we went on to win several Challenge Cups. With 654 games played, 220 goals scored, 464 points registered, and a tenure as Co-GM under his belt, few players and members have had the impact on the Blizzard that Smith had, and for that reason he is my greatest of all time.

Code:
Words: 217

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

The Buffalo Stampede have had a couple of great players, but in my opinion, the greatest of all time for the franchise is still playing. Winger Viktor Marius has been an offensive force for his entire career. A second round pick in the S39 draft, Marius has been playing with the Stampede since S40, Marius helped lead the team to Challenge Cups in S46 and S48. With 628 points in his career, he is already the all time leading scorer for the Stampede, and he will likely add on to that total before he hangs up the skates. The big power forward can always be counted on for clutch goals and big hits, all while playing excellent defense. On top of all that, Marius is a leader both on the ice and in the locker room. He is exactly the kind of player you look to add to your team, bringing elite skill to the ice night in and night out.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

I've been with the Winnipeg Jets for what feels like forever. My first season up was S47 which means I had the honor of sharing the ice with Jason Visser. I know that Winnipeg has a ton of history before I graced the ice in a Jets uniform, but I don't think it's a super hot take to say that Jason Visser is the GOAT.

When we look at the League of Accomplished Players, Visser is 4th from the top. Now, using that as a metric is a double edged sword because Ron Mexico far and away has the top spot, and he was on Winnipeg for most of his career from S3 to S13. He literally has an MVP award named after him.

I really don't have any context on the league in those single digit seasons, but Visser leads the franchise in Goals / Assists / Points and got to shine on scoring leaderboards in IIHF as well. He has 3 less award wins than Mexico and 1 less nom, but I don't know if the larger league makes that easier or harder. Some old timers might tell me I'm wrong, but with the impact he had on my early site days, I'm taking Visser 10 times out of 10.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

I do not know if anyone else has made this pick yet, but whatever. I don't think a franchise can possibly have only ONE GOAT since this is a team sport but for the Tampa Bay Barracuda, I would put in a vote for Ben Blue in goal. During my time on the team he was always our shining beacon of hope even when the team wasn't playing so great in front of him, and I'm still sad we weren't able to get him a championship that year we went to the final. He was also a great presence in the locker room while I was there, and I think we all always felt like he got robbed if he didn't get the awards we put in our predictions. He even got traded away and then ended back up on the team again anyway, that's how dedicated he is to the cause. For that reason, I think he will end up with a statue in Tampa someday.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: nbb.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Edmonton's GOAT is probably Theo Kane. He has the 2nd most games and most points of any player ever to dawn the Blizzard uniform. He also scored more than 80 more goals than the next highest goal Blizzard goal scorer with 347 to 2nd best Nikolaus Scholz 264. He managed to raise the cup as a member of the Blizzard in season 28 in a season where he scored 23 goals. Kane held the Blizzard record for most points in a season with 72 for over 20 seasons until S54 when Tony Pepperoni put in 2 more points to bring the new record to 74. With the changes the game has seen recently, the 72 point performance might still stand as the greatest single season Blizzard performance especially considering Kane potted 33 goals to Pepperoni's 27 in his season. Pepperoni is making his case to be the new GOAT in Edmonton, but for now Kane still stands on his own. Until Pepperoni is able to pass his records, Kane will continue to be Edmonton's greatest of all time.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

PS: Welcome to the world of Jack Tanner, who I can safely say is the GOAT of San Francisco, and is suprisingly still playing to this day. One of Portland Admirals' final draft before they moved to San Francisco back in S37, Ole Tanner has played 800 games and counting for the Pride, well over a 100 more than his nearest competitor. And in that time, he has scored over 170 goals (good enough to be 4th in franchise history) and 375 assists (Franchise leader) to become the Pride's all time points leader at 543 AND COUNTING. He also leads in Power Play points (171 as of now) and is third on game winning goals (27 as of now).

So as a summary, Jack Tanner is San Francisco's longest serving player with the most points in franchise history, is still playing to this day and damn well deserves a statue in the city. Would not be suprised if he bled purle and gold. What a legend.

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

When it comes to the GOAT, the first player that comes to mind is Kristian Eriksson. He had an astounding 24 seasons with the Toronto North Stars and brought the team their first cup in franchise history. It’s hard to imagine he was a 2nd round pick, 13th overall in the S20 draft. He went on to spend his entire career in Toronto and became their record holder in virtually every statistic there is. He played in 1208(1st) games totaling 489 goals (1st), 523 assists (1st), which combined for 1012 points in his career. He is also the franchise leader in hits with 2471, PPG with 112, PPA with 148, and GWG with 73. Eriksson was a special player and I was lucky enough to play 14 seasons with him between Toronto and Kelowna. It was my greatest regret leaving Toronto as I watched him lead the franchise to the cup in S35. Not only was he a fantastic player and teammate, but he is a fantastic person as well. Kristian Eriksson in my opinion is the true GOAT of the SHL.
@raymond3000

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France