Create Account

S55 mPT #4 - Make The Case

The new expansion teams should be placed in West Virginia and Montana #NOLEAKS

Gross! Don't put a team in west Virginia. They're the rednecks of Virginia. You can run over an animal with your car to hunt and take the kill home to eat. Is there even a place to out an ice rink? There's mountains everywhere, unless you want do put a ski team there.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

For. The MVP awards are Monkey D Luffy's to lose. I believe he is going to take allllllll the awards so that when I become the next great Luffy, my triumph will be all the more glorious by beating his records. So Luffy Richard has spoken.

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2020, 03:47 PM by TnlAstatine.)

Code:
The MVP awards are Monkey D Luffy's to lose

FOR
Luffy has been on fire for the entire season, his production has crawled to a huge slump right now so he is losing grasp on the MVP race right now. He needs to pick up his pants to secure at least one good season before he starts to age.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2020, 03:33 PM by leafsftw1967.)

No one can hold a candle to the Berserkers; they will hoist the Four Star Cup

I think there is a pretty obvious case to argue 'for' the statement that no one can hold a candle to the Berserkers and that they will hoist the Four Star Cup at the end of the season fifty five playoffs. The Berserks currently have a four point lead in first place throughout the SMJHL and have played one or two less games then the second and third place teams in the league. In addition, Newfoundland impressively has the most goals for with one hundred and thirty seven, as well as, the least goals scored against with sixty six during the regular season right now in the juniors. They have an impressive winning percentage of eighty three percent and have only lost four time in regulation throughout a span of thirty five games. All of these teams stats show the utter dominance the Berserkers have been having this regular season and there is a large enough sample size at this point to declare that their play is not a fluke.

In terms of individual stats, the Newfoundland Berserkers also have some of the top performing players at each position of the ice which will help them on their road to a Four Star Cup and make it extremely difficult for any team to handle them in a seven game series. Forwards Mats Marner and Ryuuji Minamino are currently leading the SMJHL in points with forty two a piece in only thirty five games having played less games then the other forwards in the top five for points. Ryuuji Minamino is also currently leading the league in assists with thirty one (five more than the player with the second most assists who is funny enough another Beserker forward Steve Harrington) while Mats Marner is leading the league in goals with twenty three (which is similarly five more then the player with the second most assists).
The best part for Newfoundland is that these two dynamic point scorers are on two separate forward lines giving them two deadly options while also having the best third line in the league in terms of scoring and a pesky fourth line that has one of the biggest goons in the line up and the best four line center in the game who has an extremely strong two way game. Newfoundland’s depth offensively is unmatched by any other team and it really goes to how in their tpe depth chart as they got the most experienced and developed forward core in the juniors with only one player under three hundred and fifty tpe and an astounding nine forwards at the four hundred and twenty maximum tpe cap as shown below:

Berserkers’ Centers:
Matthew Forrester (425 tpe)
Guy LeGrande (425 tpe)
Mats Marner (425 tpe)
Lassi Suhonen (350 tpe)

Berserkers’ Wingers:
Steve Harrington (425 tpe)
Patric Twist (425 tpe)
Mattias Birdstrom (425 tpe)
Niccolo Livius (425 tpe)
Ryuuji Minamino (425 tpe)
Clean Andrei Kostitsyn (425 tpe)
Liam Slate (350 tpe)
Vaseline Podcalzone (233 tpe)

While nobody on the Newfoundland Berserkers blue line has popped off in terms of being a league points leader, hits leader, take away leader, or shots blocked leader as a whole the defense as played extremely well together as a unit. Similar to their forward crops, the Newfoundland Berserkers also have an extremely experienced and developed defensive core, arguably the best in the league like their offense is.  The top four spots are impressively all maxed out at four hundred and twenty five tpe while Newfoundland also has one of the best third pairings in the league that has a tpe average of three hundred and fifteen.

Berserkers’ Defensemen:
Tinke Jutila (425 tpe)
PBJ Souppan (425 tpe)
Jack Klompus (425 tpe)
Elias Kierkegaard (425 tpe)
Renji Atake (385 tpe)
Jonas Kahnwald (245 tpe)

In net Cale Amundsen has arguably been one of the best goaltenders in the juniors for yet another season posting a save percentage of 0.926 (second best amongst starting goalies in the SMJHL) and a goals against average of 1.84 (also second best amongst starting goalies in the SMJHL). Cale also has an impressive five shutouts, twenty one wins and over six hundred and fifty saves in twenty eight games. In addition, the back up Junior Guarda has put up some solid number only having one regulation loss in eight games and has a 1.85 goals against average and a 0.910 save percentage.

Ultimately both on the ice and on paper the Newfoundland Berserkers have stacked up as the best team in the SMJHL this season and honestly I really do not think there will be a team that will be able to beat us four times in a seven game series and can match up with our overall depth. 

Word Count: 812

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Scholz or Kirkby will win the Stevens Award for best defenseman

FOR. Both of these guys are playing phenomenal, and are looking head and shoulders above the rest of the playing field. I think right now Scholz is the front runner, as he's playing spectacular at both ends of the ice, helping Edmonton score goals and keep them out of their own net.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Quote:The MVP awards are Monkey D Luffy's to lose

For. I think most people already penned him as the points/goal awards winner at the beginning of the season, and for most of the season he's lead the league in those stats, but I think he's running out of steam. The end of the season is right around the corner and already Clapper, Smeb and Wilson are right on his heels. I wouldn't be surprised to see Clapper have the most points in the league by the end of the regular season.

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

I am against that the Tampa Bay Barracuda will be drastically better next season and hit double digits. Next season they gain two good players one on defense and one of forward. I do not think those two S53’s will propel them into double digits. I think they may get close but not quite there. I would argue in two seasons with their strong S54 class debuting in the SHL they will hit double digits. I think it is to early next season.

Code:
80 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

Scholz or Kirkby will win the Stevens Award for best defenseman

For. Kirkby is not only a top defender on the offensive end, carving up opposing teams with quick heads up plays and a great shot, but he also provides great support on the back end as he leads all defenders in blocked shots

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Code:
New Orleans will break the FHM President's Trophy Curse and win the Challenge Cup as well

NOLA might be able to break the curse. After all, they are specters and probably the only group in the league experienced with various forms of magic and voodoo.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Code:
New Orleans will break the FHM President's Trophy Curse and win the Challenge Cup as well

Against, The President's trophy curse will be broken this year, but it will be Edmonton doing the breaking of the curse! That's right, you heard it here first. Edmonton will be going on a tear to finish off the season and will finish in first place overall in the standings. They will then make their way to the cup finals and win it all baby!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2020, 06:22 PM by suavemente.)

Quote:A bit forward-looking here, but Tampa Bay will continue their drastic improvement and win double-digit games next season

Against.

Tampa will win exactly 9 games no more, no less. They still need a couple of seasons to fully reform and with other teams on the rise out of the dumpster competition is gonna increase proportionally to Tampa's potential growth in the coming season.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

A bit forward-looking here, but Tampa Bay will continue their drastic improvement and win double-digit games next season

I'm for this. I'm not sure I'd even consider double-digit games to be drastic improvement as the team has won six games this season. Another year of seasoning on the young guys will make a big difference and I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to increase their win total by at least four. 

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Quote:The new expansion teams should be placed in West Virginia and Montana #NOLEAKS
AGAINST. There are probably few worse suggestions for expansion than these two. The new expansion teams should be placed in two of the following locations:

Ohio (Columbus or Cleveland)
Philadelphia, PA
Nashville, TN
Atlanta, GA
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR

I honestly don't care to hear arguments for any locations outside of those. That's the list.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Hold a candle to the berserkers

Hard against as the Anchorage Armada just shut out the berserkers in the last game. They are not immortal and will fall in the playoffs. They may make it but they will not won the four star.

[Image: lazer2.png]

Code:

Against:  New Orleans needs to win the President’s Trophy first.  Just comparing the final schedules between New Orleans and Edmonton, it is very clear Edmonton’s path to first place in the Western Conference and the President’s Trophy is much easier.

[Image: SMcDfV5.png]

The Blizzard play only 4 teams currently in a playoff spot in the final 11 games while the Specters play 7 teams in playoff spots in their final 10.  With Edmonton only 3 points back with a game in hand, I don’t think the Specters even win the President’s Trophy.  Even further complicating things is Buffalo.  While they have been a bit shakier than usual of late, they play only 1 playoff team (Manhattan) in their final 9 games and it’s really easy to see them winning out to take the President’s Trophy.  So, while I do predict that New Orleans wins the Challenge Cup, I don’t think they can stave off the other hard charging teams for the President’s Trophy.

Code:
Scholz or Kirkby will win the Stevens Award for best defenseman.

[Image: 9jAPKeK.png]

For:  While both players have great cases and maybe Cassius Darrow has an outside shot at it, this award right now is Scholz’s to lose.  On the offensive side of things, Scholz is third among defensemen in goals with 12, first among all defensemen and ninth in the league with 31 assists and is also first among all defensemen with 43 points.  When compared to the nearest defensemen in points, he is performing this way with games in hand on all but the lowest of them in scoring (Parker Smeb).

On the defensive side of things, I like to look at advanced statistics to evaluate how players are performing rather than just looking at blocks, hits, etc.  Scholz is currently second in the league in Corsi For % with 67.4% and of the league leaders, he is the only one with a significant Corsi For % and Fenwick relative to the rest of his team.  In my opinion, this makes him stand out from the rest of the pack and barring disaster, should cruise to winning the Stevens.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]