Create Account

New England Wolfpack Punishment
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 02:58 PM by SDCore.)

Hey SHL,

Unfortunately, I come to all of you with some bad news. It has come to Head Office's attention that NEW once again traded a pick twice.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=107289 and https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2876265, both involve the S57 2nd round pick.

Due to @Ace being under probation already for the same offense, Head Office has deemed it necessary to fire him immediately as New England Wolfpacks GM.

[Image: picks.PNG]

The double trade happened in the transition between the old draft pick tracker and the new one run by Head Office. We asked all GMs to double check and verify all picks were correct in the new tracker, since we knew the old one was out of date, but this was not caught by HO or NEWs GM. GMs are told to not rely 100% on the pick tracker and to track their own draft picks however.

We are doing an internal audit on the new draft pick tracker to ensure it be more accurate and the Owners are discussing any punishments to be handed out to Head Office for this not being caught sooner.

As always, Ace is allowed to appeal this punishment to the group of Owners.

Thank you all, have a nice day.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Rip

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 03:02 PM by bbjygm.)

bullshit

edit: got my ph in.

What's the point of an approval process if they take none of the liability? HO is the group that both approves trades and punishes trades that were incorrect. Who's the final line of defense to keep bad trades from happening?! This new system is just more bureaucracy with the same mistakes and same 100% liability to the GMs.

What's more, this system is super susceptible to corruption. HO has no incentive whatsoever to ensure the approval is legitimate, but the approver is granted the capacity to maliciously ensure a team makes bad trades and then takes none of the blame when the GM gets taken down. I'm not saying this happened to Ace, but it's definitely a gaping hole in the rules.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

Stunned. Idk man this rough

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Rip

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

\_ \_ \_

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

f

O shit

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

so HO not doing their job plays into this too? good job HO

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I'm not saying fuck HO for their decision, but fuck this. Hate to see a GM go down this way.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

I respect the HO decision and it's black and white. I will state that I made the mistake of operating under the impression that the proprietary HO pick tracker was clean and updated after the transition from Serpe, and this trade in particular was validated by the HO team.

I will remain steadfast in my determination to help guide New England towards the perennial contender we deserve to be during this time of re-tool with Eller.

I will not be appealing.

Thanks.

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

08-19-2020, 02:54 PMbbjygm Wrote: bullshit

edit: got my ph in.

What's the point of an approval process if they take none of the liability? HO is the group that both approves trades and punishes trades that were incorrect. Who's the final line of defense to keep bad trades from happening?! This new system is just more bureaucracy with the same mistakes and same 100% liability to the GMs.

GMs have and always will be responsible for tracking their own picks. It is one of their responsibilities at the end of the day. The first pick in question happened before the switch to the new system. So if NEW was keeping track of their picks, they would have known this wasn't owned by them and it would have been caught much sooner.

You can be upset with HO, but you have to look at your GMs and ask why they haven't started tracking their own picks, especially being on probation.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

[Image: tenor.gif]

Oofies, Lots of GM jobs up for grabs.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]