Create Account

StamkosFan Punishment

thread team tournament when? it would be more popular than WJC that's for sure

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020, 05:17 PM by Mayuu.)

08-24-2020, 05:09 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: Talked to StamkosFan in DMs.

OMEGALUL

you solved the case dude!

RETIRED

No matter how you view the case, I think it is important to take a look at the role the updating process played in this. Because what we really should avoid is a case where someone gets punished quite harshly now for things that maybe wouldn't have gotten him into any trouble at all if they had been caught right away, as they should have.

If I look at my own updates in recent weeks, I screwed up a bunch of times and made mistakes that luckily the updaters all caught right away so i could simply correct them. If they hadn't been so diligent, could I have ended up being punished like Stamkos did here as well in an audit months or even years later? Although, again, all this changes if it was concluded that this was a deliberate attempt at TPE cheating and not an honest mistake. If it was deliberate then the suspension is more than fair, if it wasn't then it is probably too harsh.

08-24-2020, 05:07 PMluketd Wrote:
08-24-2020, 05:05 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I think on appeal the games could def be lowered just going off the precedent of games/TPE cheated that Marius got since Marius got 25 games for cheating 57 TPE (if my numbers are right) but its not that far off the same ratio, maybe 7-8 games would be more fair.

after an appeal karey got 10 games for 57 TPE over

oh wow lol guess this is harsh then Ninja

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

08-24-2020, 05:01 PMbbjygm Wrote:
08-24-2020, 04:53 PMTheHockeyist Wrote: But yes, I do think that a 10-game suspension over 16 TPE due to careless addition mistakes that weren't caught is not justified. If I did a 10 TPE mistake multiple times due to careless addition and it wasn't caught, would I be suspended 10+ games? I think this is unfair to Stamkos and that a lighter punishment should be done instead.

To be fair, there were a multitude of these mistakes. There's a possibility that if they were all individually caught the total punishments would be similar or exceed this current one.
To be fair, in the history of the league, we have never had punishments for low tpe overages like the max he had was I think 4 in one of them. That kind of thing is just a simple correction.

Also to be fair, by precedent it took over 50 tpe of cap adding errors to get 10 games before.

Also to be fair, this is playoffs vs regular season.

Shall I continue with your "fair"?

I would like a name of who requested this audit. While it was good that it was caught, and I'm not disputing that, I would dare you to tell me with a straight face this league isn't spiteful and looks for every edge. If an audit is requested, I think it should be public knowledge because for some, I'm sure it's tactical and I have a little birdie telling me someone with a vested interest said they were aware of these issues seasons ago, which if true would mean I have a bone to pick. It's hearsay, but it's troubling.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

08-24-2020, 05:14 PMJayWhy Wrote: I have a little birdie telling me someone with a vested interest said they were aware of these issues seasons ago, which if true would mean I have a bone to pick. It's hearsay, but it's troubling.

Ok this thread just got way more interesting

08-24-2020, 05:14 PMJayWhy Wrote:
08-24-2020, 05:01 PMbbjygm Wrote: To be fair, there were a multitude of these mistakes. There's a possibility that if they were all individually caught the total punishments would be similar or exceed this current one.
To be fair, in the history of the league, we have never had punishments for low tpe overages like the max he had was I think 4 in one of them. That kind of thing is just a simple correction.

Also to be fair, by precedent it took over 50 tpe of cap adding errors to get 10 games before.

Also to be fair, this is playoffs vs regular season.

Shall I continue with your "fair"?

I would like a name of who requested this audit. While it was good that it was caught, and I'm not disputing that, I would dare you to tell me with a straight face this league isn't spiteful and looks for every edge. If an audit is requested, I think it should be public knowledge because for some, I'm sure it's tactical and I have a little birdie telling me someone with a vested interest said they were aware of these issues seasons ago, which if true would mean I have a bone to pick. It's hearsay, but it's troubling.

Lol what

Popcorn

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

jeez D:

[Image: 04d0af6f7d2ed4dbab7fb7c57927fcfb.gif]

Oof

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Have no fear, Greg Moore is here to take over goal scoring.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

08-24-2020, 05:10 PMBuster Wrote:
08-24-2020, 05:05 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I think on appeal the games could def be lowered just going off the precedent of games/TPE cheated that Marius got since Marius got 25 games for cheating 57 TPE (if my numbers are right) but its not that far off the same ratio, maybe 7-8 games would be more fair.

It’s playoffs though. I know the NHL uses a sliding scale for playoff games. It’s something like round 1 is 1 playoff game = 2 regular season games and each round starts to go up. I think the finals is something like 1 playoff game = 4-5 regular season games. Basically, importance of games is a factor in the suspension.

Assuming this had malicious intent, which I don’t think it did, this shouldn’t really be more than a 4-5 game suspension. At the very most.

I think it definitely depends on what the verdict is on intent. If its found to be unintentional, I think 2-3 games is fair, otherwise yeah what you said, if not a game or two more.

Can't speak to HO's weighing of playoff games, that's up to them.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Gib thread team

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=6576542e&is=6563df2e&hm=9cd2...40228abcd&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

I will take the brave stand that outing whistleblowers is a bad idea.
Send my medal to Newfoundland please.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]