Create Account

Give 1st Gen Rookies 1 Free Redistribution
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 02:05 PM by LordBirdman.)

TPE and attribute allocation is very important to building a usable (let alone good) player in the FHM era.  Users that are new to the site and unfamiliar with FHM are highly likely to make a bad build their first go around.  Yes, the interns will kindly suggest that players don't spend too much TPE in one stat, but even those that abide this sagely advice are very likely to make bad sim players.  Juniors GMs and teams can help players once they have joined their team, but often players are already set back by this point.  Having a crappy player because you didn't know how to properly build a player must be very frustrating for a new user.  The expense to redistribute stats is too high for someone just starting out in the league.  Taking a look at the new player section, it becomes very clear that many builds are unplayable right off the bat.  It also pressures GMs to look at how a user has built their player instead of focusing on the user, which really shouldn't be the case as this is a developmental league after all. 

New users should be allowed some sort of free redistribution during their rookie year.  Maybe it isn't a full redistribution, maybe it is just a certain amount of TPE, but if we want new users to really enjoy their players we should give them more flexibility.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

If a player makes a mistake on there build, can we still redistribute tpe with money? I remember in sths it was 100k per tpe right?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Did we remove it? We used to have a build change at the very least

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-25-2020, 02:31 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Did we remove it? We used to have a build change at the very least

iirc isnt that for like switching between weaknesses and strengths?

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

08-25-2020, 02:24 PMMike Izzy Wrote: If a player makes a mistake on there build, can we still redistribute tpe with money? I remember in sths it was 100k per tpe right?

Yes, that is still the case.  I think it is pretty restrictive for a first generation user that might need to redistribute 25+ TPE though.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

1st Gen users used to get a Free Build change and/or Strengths/weaknesses back in the days of the STHS. I guess im still under the impression that 1st gen users still have a "Free Build Change" Card. Lets go consult the ol rulebook.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Ya it is not a thing in the new rule book.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

i can get behind this idea. maybe it requires a 500 word article or something to get a one time rookie season TPE change. Therefore so its not really free but a middle ground to the people who think its unfair

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Also why tf is there no builds for goalies like there is for other players? I was pretty lost with this new TPE system and I DEMAND satisfaction.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

I'm not against the idea.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2020, 05:02 PM by Chevy.)

I think this idea should be brought back.  I myself used the free redistribution, and also paid for tpe re-allocation a couple times and found it to be hugely beneficial, especially as a FIRST GEN.

Should just be a free redistribute, maybe cap at a TPE if you really need to

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

My screening is at 6 and it torments me every time I want to make a mock build. Every single time it ends up as 301, 351, 501. My life is a lie and my career is a sham.

I'd love to have a single free distribution to hone in on the aspects of the sim I'm enjoying most. Especially as a first gen player who allocated some inefficient points.

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE

08-25-2020, 02:32 PMluketd Wrote:
08-25-2020, 02:31 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Did we remove it? We used to have a build change at the very least

iirc isnt that for like switching between weaknesses and strengths?

I think it was like you could switch to another player build or change weakness yeah, JHO was fast with this tho, love to see it

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

08-25-2020, 09:31 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
08-25-2020, 02:32 PMluketd Wrote: iirc isnt that for like switching between weaknesses and strengths?

I think it was like you could switch to another player build or change weakness yeah, JHO was fast with this tho, love to see it

Thanks Smile

Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]