Create Account

TO ALL SHL GMS AND CO GMS

Having Been a CO- GM in the SHL i’ve had my share of drafts. Scouting through teams rookies trying to find the gem. I figured i’d help out some GMs ( and Myself ) by giving a little taste of our draft prospects. Hope it helps you guys. Now i may be a little bias when it comes to draft position but i do believe in every one of these guys!

[S56] Goalie - C.K. Supernaw Battleborn
TPE: 223
@Wawazat

When Nevada Started the Season we wanted an Active #2 / #1B goalie. We wanted someone who could split starts with Philip Weaver and work in Tandem. It took a while to find one who was willing but here came C.K supernal. We feel that we found a gem in Supernaw. Wawazat has been a great addition to the Locker room. While he isn’t in the Lr all the time, he is active when he is there and is a real team guy. Probably a late 3rd round pick simply because he signed late and is a little behind because of it, still not a reason to not pick him as he is a solid pick. Maybe even a steal in this draft at that spot.

Where I see him going - late 3rd round
Where he should go - late 3rd round

[S56] Center - Oskar Baldus Battleborn
TPE: 194
@Neon

Neon was a free agent pick-up that we are really proud of. We were in need of a Centerman and Baladus helped fit the bill. With 2 points in his first game he has been a great addition to the team. After having to step back for a week ( personal ) he’s back and ready to push his player to the top of his game. He only played half the season with 25 games, in that Span he collected 4 goals, 7 assists and 11 points. A relative unknown to many but get your scouts on him and you’ll realize he is worth the time to get to know and draft.

Where he should go - late 2nd, early 3rd

[S56] Right Wing - Kenji Sugimoto Battleborn
TPE: 208
@Huskies311

One of our first free agent signings, he’s been very active and we love this signing. He’s been a LR regular. He’s been another free agent steal for us as he has been great. Active in every sense he is a huge team guy and always willing to do what the team needs. Only 9 points this season but he was used all over the roster. Definitely a must scout guy.

Where I see him going - Mid 2nd round
Where he should go - Mid 2nd round

[S56] Left Wing - Chad Danger Battleborn
TPE: 254
@Arayvenn

One of the best rookies in this draft. Danger is among rookie leaders in Points and is defined as a give it all kind of guy. He’ll do anything to help his team win and won’t back down from a fight. Arayvenn has been a great locker room guy. Extremely active and involved in anything we do. A central part of the Locker room and a true battle born.

Where I see him going - late 1st round
Where he should go - anywhere in the 1st

[S56] Left Defense - Tanjiro Kamado Battleborn
TPE: 273
@Andy

Player Quote:
"Kamado's goals are to be the best. In a world with pass first defenseman, Kamado wants to light the lamp. Who says 60 points has to be 10 goals and 50 assists. Why can't it be 30 goals and 30 assists. I want to revolutionize defenseman in a way that changes the SHL"

Andy was one of our targets at the draft. Talking with him drew us to wanting to draft him. He is an excited member of the league, he is also a returning member to the site. He is someone who knows the workings of the SHL and know how to go about doing what he needs to do to be effective and impactful. Always thinking of ways to help the team win, from player build to tactics ideas. Any team will be lucky to have him.

Where I see him going - 1st round
Where he should go - 1st round

[S56] Goalie - Phillip Weaver Battleborn
TPE: 280
@W19eaver

Player Quote:
"The only thing you need to know about Phillip Weaver is that he isn't afraid to put in the work required to to grow and be the best Phillip that he can be. Also while he would be more than happy to be drafted to any team, his real goal is to play in juniors for as long as his eligibility will let him."

Weaver has been the back bone of the Nevada team. When our Defense was too low on the to help, he gave us more than enough chances to win, ( he even won a couple for us on his back) he is a member of our coaching staff and a great guy to have in the Locker room. I’m sure you’ve read his Battle reports. Creative and active he is a must have. When we drafted him 9th overall people thought we made a mistake, looking back, he was just what we needed and we took him in the right spot.

Where I see him going - late 2nd round
Where he should go - late 1st, early 2nd

[S56] Left Defense - Grandmaster Funk Battleborn
TPE: 271
@funk

Player Quote:
"Funk is always grinding to stay productive anywhere in the lineup. Offensively capable enough to drive play from the back end and defensively sound enough to play against top lines. This kid is an Irish Swiss Army Knife."

Another absolute centre piece of the Nevada Battleborn, Funk has been one of, if not the most active member in our Locker room. The amount of tactical input is absolutely amazing and his desire to win is inspiring. Every team should be lining up to draft this guy. You just can’t go wrong with him.

Where I see him going - mid 1st round
Where he should go - early to mid 1st round

[S56] Right Defense - Vili Afalava Battleborn
TPE: 243
@Wasty

DAMN, L.A is getting one hell of a d man. If he wasn’t a GM I would say he’s a top 3 guy in this draft. Such a shame. Seriously tho, A huge piece of our D core and we are proud to have the chance to have him be a battle born.

[S56] Center - Raivo Helminen Battleborn
TPE: 281
@jRuutu

Player Quote:
“Raivo is a player who plays the game hard, straight to the net and into dirty areas. He likes to shoot the puck and score goals. Not much of a playmaker, but then again if the man can shoot the puck that accurately - does he need to pass the puck? Remains to be seen if he has what it takes to play as a center in SHL someday. He has all the tools, but what about the toolbox?”

We definitely took a chance signing jRuutu out of Free agency given the surrounding issues. However, he has been an amazing team mate and great in the Locker room. Proud of the signing as it did help us out and still does help us. Given the reputation I know GMs may be reluctant to draft him but I honestly hope he can get a team to take the chance. He’s been great with us and he’s been accountable to the management. I’m sure he’ll be a solid pick.

[S56] Right Wing - Alexis Vermette Battleborn
TPE: 273
@treant

The Quiet man on the Nevada BattleBorn, Always updating his player who finished their rookie season with 8 goals, 14 assists and 22 points. A veteran of the SHL, Treant knows what the league requires and does things at his pace. A solid pick no doubt. 32nd pick by Nevada, he has been Everything we need on the Sim part of the league. Not often in the Discord LR but still an active member none the less. Though this may hurt him when GMs are looking for active members to keep their LRs active, he is still a great pick.

[S56] Right Defense - Bane Battleborn
TPE: 282
@Winter is Coming

The Bane of everyone existence, See what I did there, Wic is a veteran of the SHL and yes he has a reputation which is why he was probably still on the board when we picked him 54th overall. However Wic has been great in the Locker room and he’ll probably get taken late on his reputation alone, though this time I feel like if that happens, he may very well be the steal of the draft. His Defensman has been a solid piece of our young and inexperienced D core and he is always ready to help anyone who has a question about the site. A very active user, I would encourage teams to get into a discussion with him and see where he’s at because in the end, I don’t think or believe he deserves to be a very late pick because of his past.

Where I see him going - early to mid 3rd round
Where he should go - Mid to late 1st ( depending on teams need )

[S56] Left Defense - Sachimo Zoidberg III Battleborn
TPE: 295
@Jala

Player quote:
“I feel that most people think of debauchery, glutton and sin when you mention Nevada but for me it brings forth feelings of brotherhood, growth, improvement and hope.

This season was a nerve wracking one for myself; a new league, new teammates if I was lucky enough to get drafted, a new home. I came in unknown, a nobody, and it was difficult to adjust for sure. I mean, I had my grandfather's wealth of experience with the game and my family money to help, and to be sure that was a giant help; but I still set out as a man chasing a ridiculous dream.

Draft day came and I felt invisible. Name after name was selected, numbers fell off the board. I felt like I may go home empty handed, but finally a team said my name. There was no fanfare, no walk to the stage or handshakes; just a name said and a call from my family. I was going to Nevada to suit up for the newly formed Battleborn. Nevada is a long way from Calgary and Canada is a hell of a lot different then the US.

The season has gone as expected on the score sheet, but in the locker room is a different story. An issue many feared was that the lack of veteran presence would be a problem but our management team has been so accommodating and our young squad has come together as a team in all senses of the word. We went from donning a logo to burning the essence of Battleborn into our souls.

I'm proud of our improvement on the ice as I see our team out there working week in and week out to improve, the drive and hunger to win coming to fruition. We push each other and lean on one another to reach the ultimate goal of a championship. That day will come.

Some were drafted to a contender, but we forge our way from the beginning and as we move together a step at a time towards greatness we can look at ourselves and know one simple thing. We were not handed our victory, we earned it through blood and sweat and pain; through the peaks and valleys we stood together and came out stronger. We are Battleborn.”

Come home Jimbo we miss you.

Jala is a returning member of the SHL family, Seriously, when we drafted him we were pretty surprised he was still on the board. He has been everything you could want from a member. Active in the locker room and on site. He’s been able to help our first gens and he’s back wanting to make a great player ( which he’s doing a great job of). Here’s a player I can see forging I legends career.

Where I see him going - late 1st, early 2nd
Where he should go - late 1st, early 2nd

Honorable Mentions

[S55] Right Wing - James Kimanje Battleborn
TPE: 312
@VRTX L4S3R

Player quote:
"Ever since I was a kid sliding around on my roller blades in the stubbled cornfields in Uganda, I've always wanted to be a part of a team that takes care of itself. I've been lucky enough to finally find that on ice in Nevada. I don't want to leave this team behind, but when I must I hope that my new team is the same way."

Laser, as he is known in our LR, is a great guy who was slow out of the gate, When we got him he was inactive but has since come back and is doing great. Active LR member who is always looking to improve his player. We are really proud of the fact that he came back and is active with his player. While he went undrafted in the last draft he is eligible one more time and SHOULD be picked by a team. He’s a great guy, and once you get to know him you’ll think so too.

Where I see him going - probably a late draft pick
Where he should go - given that teams will go after younger players first he’ll probably go late 3rd early 4th.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

no thanks

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Appreciate the kind words and good article. Cheers

[Image: giphy.gif]
[pbhfx]

[/pbhfx]
ShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUkShlBattlebornUk
Player Page || Update Page

Aww thanks!! I hope I go as high as you say

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

@Jearim
You Are Awesome...thanks for this.
No matter if I’m picked or not ..I’ve had a damn good time this season and it’ll be even better in S56.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

Look at all these studs

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

Wasty 1oa

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2020, 03:39 AM by jRuutu.)

Thanks for having faith in me! Battleborn Cheers

APPLIED!

Except @trella

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Oh man I think that is much too high, but great read all around. We have a really solid rookie core for sure, excited to see where these beauts land.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

Great article! I'm hoping to go high in the draft but I'm even more excited to be playing with these wonderful teammates for the next few seasons. A hell of a team to be a part of.

Go Battleborn! Battleborn

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

I missed this somehow but thanks for the shoutout! You’ve been a very welcoming and helpful GM and I’m glad I signed with Nevada

Fantastic read on our great crop of draft eligible players. Appreciate the kind words @Jearim. Very excited for the draft and our next season in Nevada.

DESERT DOGS WOOF WOOF

UPDATESPLAYER PAGE