Create Account

Hi, I’m WannabeFinn. I’m coming up on my 20th season as a SHL GM. AMA.

Why am I your favorite player to be the GM of?
Who are you picking with your first pick in the draft? (for scouting purposes)
@WannabeFinn

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

09-11-2020, 11:32 AMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-11-2020, 09:17 AMWasty Wrote: What’s your first move you’ll make as LAP GM?
Drafting Vili Afalava, of course!
You might not want to start off with a crappy recreate Tongue I know a former GM who liked recreates.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

give me your money

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2020, 11:53 AM by WannabeFinn.)

09-11-2020, 09:19 AMhhh81 Wrote: Are there any deals you regret during your SHL tenure?

I regret trading for Kian Hamilton in S38/39? and for The Dude in S50. Completely different circumstances, but both situations were deadline acquisitions that made us better on paper but only made us worse in STHS. That’s about it as far as trades go.

Quote:Buffalo was bad for a long time. What do you think was the turning point that moved BUF from perennial bottom feeder with fellow S25 expansion Portland/San Fran to elite franchise?

I would be lying to myself and to everyone reading this if I gave any reason other than Tomen’s return. Tomen coming back out of the blue and going right back to being a max earning SHL genius energized the franchise like nothing else. Of course, we had been rebuilding for several seasons before that, but Tomen’s return was the cherry on top.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

09-11-2020, 09:23 AMMayuu Wrote: explain 62
62% chance to win the Cup against Winnipeg baby!!!

09-11-2020, 09:25 AMkrazko Wrote: Best memory as a GM?

Winning Buffalo’s first cup in Season 46. We were down 3-2 in the series and Tomen had been busting his ass to find the best line combos to give us a chance. We won game 6, and then we hastily agreed to sim game 7 only a few minutes later. We won that game too. It was the first cup for both of us and we had both been so hungry for that kind of success. It was a nice moment between us, because we couldn’t share the results with the rest of the team as we had to wait on the Play-by-Play threads to be posted and completed. A great weight was lifted from both of our shoulders that night.

Quote:Best part of being a GM?

I get to build my own private community in the team locker room. I spend so much time on Discord and on the site because I love the community that we have built and I want to do everything I can to maintain it.

Quote:Worst part as a GM?

Making moves in order to be roster/cap compliant. I have had the displeasure of trading away friends or not even being able to offer them a contract on plenty of occasions. It never gets easier.

Where do you get your ideas from?

09-11-2020, 11:40 AMWasty Wrote:
09-11-2020, 11:32 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: Drafting Vili Afalava, of course!
You might not want to start off with a crappy recreate Tongue I know a former GM who liked recreates.

That former GM did love to waste first round picks on recreate busts made by someone I know Ninja

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

I’ll ask you one thing

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

ever worried your sass will scare off new users?

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

why did you draft quick mafs

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

09-11-2020, 09:27 AMGeekusoid Wrote: In 1987, Donald Trump co-wrote a book called "The Art of the Deal"  that was part memoir, part business advice.

If you could write a book of this type on your experience as a GM, what would it be called...and what is one memory and one piece of advice you would include in it?
I would probably include the memory of first cup we won in Season 46 and a piece of advice that would absolutely find its way into the book would be to surround yourself with good souls. I find it difficult to imagine what Buffalo may have become without guys like Karey and Mayuu.

No clue on the title, nothing clever coming to mind at the moment.

If Izzy and WBF were at a Denny’s together.. who gets the extra sunny side up egg? And does WBF try and poison izzys cup of java?

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

If Izzy and WBF were at a Denny’s together.. who gets the extra sunny side up egg? And does WBF try and poison izzys cup of java?

Knights|Dragons|Austria

Knights|Dragons|Austria