Create Account

11 Things You Probably Didn’t Know about the SHL of the Past
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 07:59 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

11 Things You Probably Didn’t Know about the SHL of the Past

Gather ‘round the fireplace everyone! Sit down and listen to Grampa RED tell tales from his youth, of the SHL of the olden days back when you wore an onion at your belt, because it was the style at the time, when five bees made a quarter and… hey, stop following me you suspicious looking cloud!

Alas, here are 11 things you might not know about the SHL of the past… Caution, lots of rambling ahead but I hope you still find this interesting!

[Image: lemonoftroy61.png]

There used to be no Update Scale at all

Let’s start with an easy one that I think quite a lot of people are aware of already. We just saw the most recent adjustment of the Update Scale that came with the engine switch to FHM, the first change to the scale in decades. In the past the Update Scale saw much more frequent changes, due to a couple of factors that I will talk about in the next chapter, but the iteration of it that we had until last season finally seemed to have found a good balance and therefore was the one that we had stuck with the longest, and probably would have for the future if the engine-switch didn’t make a change necessary.

Update Scales and the various battles over changing them used to be a mainstay in the SHL for the longest time, a discussion that has quieted down significantly in recent years as people mostly seem happy with the balance the league has found by now. But way, way back in the olden days, when the league just got started, there actually used to be no Update Scale at all! One TPE would gain you one attribute point, no matter if it were from 50 (the starting amount for each attribute back then) to 51 or from 98 to 99. The 40 TPE you need to get one attribute from 19 to 20 nowadays would get you from 50 to 90 back then.

Since the 155 starting TPE we have today were already in place, this led to the curious situation where newly created players could instantly have one or even multiple attributes maxed out. I distinctly remember one guy who was in my draft class or the one right after named Tyler Ragnarsson or something along those lines, who literally created with 99 Passing and 99 Scoring yet still amounted to nothing because, as we now know that this build isn’t actually very good, especially if Skating, Puck Handling and Defense are low, and he went inactive rather quickly.

Players used to be competitive much earlier, going up to the SHL right after being drafted was the norm with active people spending one additional season down in juniors at the most. Rookies and Sophomores would challenge for the league scoring races and for awards quite regularly but in return had to deal with a bunch of extra obstacles and roadblocks that players of today don’t have concern themselves with, so things weren’t all rosy for them.

Nevertheless, the Commish recognized relatively quickly that this system wouldn’t be sustainable long term, with people being maxed out a few seasons into their career,no growth happening afterwards and all builds being the same, so the very first update Scale was introduced prior to Season 8. It was relatively forgiving, not even kicking in until you reached 80 in an attribute, and was amended and made harsher multiple times in the following years until we finally got to where we had been for the last 25 seasons or so, before the change to FHM. The implementation of the first Update Scale changed a lot of things about the league but not all of them were positive, because it also marked the start of a process that would go on to become one of biggest threats to the league’s structural health for years. I’m talking of course about…

TPE-inflation used to be a big problem (probably because nobody really cared about TPE totals)

Newer members might not even be familiar with the term anymore but for a long time, well into the S30s and probably the S40s as well, “TPE-inflation” was the talk of the town. In short, with the update scale came an explosion of available TPE that negated many of the intended effects that the scale was supposed to have and for a while, with every new iteration that made the scale harsher to combat this very problem, TPE-availability would follow suit and skyrocket shortly after. Seasonal TPE weren’t tracked and held consistent as they are nowadays, which led to the absurd situation of some singular PTs playing up to 30 TPE at once for things completely unrelated to the SHL or even Hockey as a whole, like a Football World Cup Prediction PT that might the single craziest example of this, or semi-recurring March Madness PTs.

One big reason why this was even possible was that people cared way, way less about Total TPE as they do nowadays. For quite some time TPE-totals weren’t even tracked in players update threads and even after they had been added, it still took a long time for them to become a fixed part of the thread title/description. When writing media say about the draft or about who the best players in the league are, TPE would hardly ever be mentioned as builds and personality usually were deemed more important. Also, for members of a draft class there were fewer possibilities to set themselves apart from each other through raw TPE earning-rate.

This all changed over the years and ultimately led to a situation where TPE-totals have become very important, with people treating them as sort of a highscore and talking about badges for members of certain TPE-tiers, and total TPE have become the generally accepted indicator of a players raw talent level. Luckily, we were able to ultimately defeat TPE-inflation more or less or keep it to a very small, acceptable level.

[Image: INFLATION1.png?fit=768%2C432&ssl=1]

I think a lot of this was accomplished through the update scale and regression-system changes of about S27 that still form the foundation of the system we have today. Back then quite a few people were critical of what they called “TPE-austerity”, a perceived cutting back on not just TPE themselves but on fun things to do overall, so many battles were fought over the issue but ultimately the side that was worried about inflation largely won out, and TPE-gain per season and other measures have largely been consistent since.

A lot of credit for that also has to go to the PT-department, which has become a lot more reliable and standardized over the years, allowing us to have much tighter control of TPE-earning and being able to keep those numbers consistent for players of different draft years.

Even with inflation you still couldn’t get nearly as much TPE as you can today

One thing that some of the modern days top TPE-collectors might not want to hear (it’s a discussion I had with some of them before) is that they aren’t inherently more hard working than the top-tier guys of the past, who they outscore by 500 or even 1000 TPE, but that they are also a product of their time and the resulting opportunities. For much of the SHLs existence, 2000 TPE were unreachable no matter how active you were, in fact it took quite a while for people to break the 1000 and then the 1500 TPE career-mark even for those that did every task and with a recruitment drive system that was much more exploitable than it is nowadays. Players from the earliest seasons of the league had many advantages but getting high TPE-totals wasn’t one of them. It wasn’t until a series of sweeping rule changes following the implementation of the first Update Scale in S8 that players could have long careers at relatively high TPE-counts, and those counts were still significantly lower than those of today.

Sadly I can’t find my own update thread anymore, but I was pretty much right in the middle of that first group of “TPE-whores” who both had the drive and the opportunity to make it into the higher TPE regions. This group largely consisted of players from the S7 to S10 draft classes, many of which still populate the All Time Scoring Leaders section of the league today, players such as Joe McKeil (S8), Chris McZehrl (S8), Taylor McDavid (S8), Ivo Willems (S10) and David Winter (S7). Players from these classes hit kind of a sweet spot, where they got to reap most of the benefits of skyrocketing TPE-inflation while only having to deal with relatively ineffective update scale and regressions systems. It was during this era (I would assume in the mid-teen years of the SHL), that 1000 TPE was broken for the first time, but I think all those players still topped out below 1500 TPE even though they did all the available tasks. The Update Scale and Regression Changes of S27 somewhat put an end to this era and quickly forced the last few remaining players from S7-S10 into retirement.

[Image: 7f0e375a58df238dccf8682ecbab477b.jpg]

However, even with those guys gone the trend of rising TPE-totals continued and the people who were able to benefit from it the most were from around the S20 season, with legendary names like Esa Anrikkanen (S18) and Alonzo Garbanzo (S21) among them. These people didn’t have the super forgiving Update Scales and Regression Systems of their predecessors anymore, but they were compensated for it with an even higher amount of available TPE, as it wasn’t until I would say S30 or so that inflation finally came to a halt, and therefore they became the first ones to be able to challenge for 2000 TPE, which is largely the TPE-tier we have been at since. Inflation has slowly started to creep up again recently and we have seen the TPE-record broken as well as people reaching 2000 TPE pretty regularly lately, so this might be an issue to keep an eye on so that it doesn’t become a problem again. But then again, with the new engine switch and the new update scale that came with it we have probably also gotten a bit more breathing room since it has become way harder to max out your player. So we can probably be a bit more forgiving in regards to inflation control, or maybe even hand out some more TPE early on so that people get competitive quicker, because mid-TPE competitiveness seems to be on of the bigger issues with FHM so far.

Now the fact that players of the olden days had to work just as hard, if not harder, for a smaller amount of TPE will also be the focus of the next couple of chapters, which are somewhat shorter and can be grouped together…

Media pay was terrible but also changed frequently

Media pay was all over the place in the past and by all over the place I don’t mean “creeping up” as it happened with TPE, but fluctuating wildly from super high to super low until it finally settled roughly in the $1M for 1k words range. I am not 100% on this so please help me out if you remember this better, but I think right around when I first joined media pay was actually $100,000 for 1000k words for a while. Luckily that atrocious ratio was changed shortly after. I also remember clusterfuck-y systems where your per-word payout would rise the longer you made your article, and other bizarre inventions.

Simply put, you could hardly build a career on writing regular media in the early days. There were other systems in place to somewhat make up for that, one of them being Scouting Reports, which were usually pretty low effort short articles about other players along the lines of “Player X has good shooting but needs to work on his skating”, but payed much better than normal media articles. PBPs were also a big factor back then that both payed well and regularly had a lot of people tune in, because the sim results weren’t as quickly and consistently made available as they are nowadays. Even with all those extra system however media pay was still much lower than it is today until, once again, the Post-S8 reforms kicked in and allowed some members to build $100M bank accounts in weeks through some excessively long articles. However, you didn’t even need that much money back then because…

There used to be a Training Cap

This is one that might look especially bizarre in hindsight and it also wasn’t around for too long, but the league used to have a Training-Cap, which is exactly what it sounds like: An additional cap on the TPE you can gain through your weekly, paid training. To make things worse this number used to be ridiculously low, in my very first season it was a whooping 10 for all junior players. So your best course of action would be to buy +1 training for 10 weeks straight. This made up for the bad media pay somewhat as +1 training was cheap, so you generally made much less money than today but also spent less. I’m not sure what the equivalent number was for the SHL because luckily, the league got rid of that system the year after.

[Image: men_metal_thinking_lazy-43995.jpg!d]

The Training System in general used to be a lot messier and more confusing as well. I don’t remember quite all the details but for a long time, well into the S10s or even the S20s, your training purchases needed to not just be made through your update thread and paid through the bank thread, but also in a separate “Individual Training Camp” thread, with various interlinking between the three. It took literally years until someone finally asked “Why is this necessary?” and for the league to conclude that it doesn’t actually prevent abuse at all and just makes things more complicating for everyone involved.

Point Tasks used to be 500 words

On top of having to work much harder for your media dollars, PTs used to be more work-intensive as well. You needed to write 500+ words for a while and even though they gradually got shorter, they were still twice as long around S30 as they are today. So if you don’t like the PT-grind of today, you would have hated it back then. I’m not saying this in a “get tough you lazy millennials” kind of way by the way – today’s system is much better and I would argue that the excessive word requirements for both PTs and media back then were one of the main reasons why retention was so much worse than it is today.

Activity and Draft-Depth were major issues for a long time

Talking about retention problems… The league was generally less active in the past not just because the number of members was lower in total, but also for a number of structural reasons. Talent was stretched more thinly over the various teams so locker rooms were less active, and the type of user was decidedly different from the one that has slowly become the mainstay of this league from S20 on through reddit recruitment. You can’t really argue that the new generation of SHL members is both more active and less immature than the member base of the past, which has led to more activity both through their direct posting, but also through the more welcoming attitude it creates. Also, Discord.

As a result, recruitment and draft-depth have become more consistent over the years even outside of reddit seasons. Once again in the past there was a lot more fluctuation and some draft classes were just plain terrible. I once again take my own draft class of S7 as an example that already ran out of actives midway through the second round (which would be late first round based on today's number of teams), with only handful of players making a significant impact in the SHL and even many first rounders retiring or going inactive early on. Things had become so bad around that time that the league allowed SHL players to basically have a second player in juniors for a while to make up for the lack of actual rookies. This happened through the league's short-lived EEL adventure which definitely deserves a dedicated article on its own. It was also during that time that the league had to eliminate two of their junior franchises, which I think was the first and so far only downsizing in league history.

[Image: gw8jqc10c6331.jpg]

The bad S7 Draft was followed up by a good S8 Draft which was one of the better ones at the time especially in terms of peak talents, producing legendary players like the three Mac’s, McKeil, McZehrl and McDavid (who didn’t change his name to that until later though) as well as the Scherbluk brothers, Benjamin Wong or Cole Reinhart. But it was just a flash in the pan and the league was back to sub-par drafts soon after. You could say that the Teens were particularly rough for the SHL because the S10-S19 years probably marked a low point in terms of draft-depth, where often times you would hardly find any actives from the second round onwards, and even late in the first the risk of hitting a bust was significant. Who knows how much longer the league could’ve survived that way if it wasn’t for the first reddit Draft of S20…

You could be sent down - but you wouldn’t go back to your junior team

Let’s stay on the topic of juniors for a little bit. Junior Franchises have become an absolutely integral part of this league with lively Discord’s that play a huge role in early player retention, incredibly dedicated GMs and active alumni that make sure that people still feel a connection to their junior team even after they have long moved on to the big leagues. You could in fact argue that we have come to a point where a significant portion of players feel a stronger bond to their junior team than to their SHL squad which is especially true for a lot of first-generation players.

This is not a particularly recent development, junior teams have slowly grown into that role over decades basically from the point on where Discord was introduced to the league. But boy did things look different before that… Especially when you go back to the very early days! Back then, up until around S10 or so, there actually was a system in place that looks absolutely crazy from today's perspective, even though it was sort of modeled after a real-life example. SMJHL teams would draft their rookie players through a junior draft just as they did today, and then a season later those players would join the SHL via the SHL Entry Draft. The big difference compared to today was that junior teams lost the rights to all their players the moment the SHL Draft rolled around. No matter how well or how poorly you did as a Juniors GM, you would lose all your players after just one season!

However, the reason this happened wasn’t because everyone moved up to the big leagues right away. Having true rookie play in the SHL was a lot more common back then than it is today, but there still were plenty of send-downs, especially among semi-actives and inactive players. No, what happened after a Draft was that every SHL-team had an affiliate team in juniors that all the players they drafted got sent down to. So plenty of players that were drafted would go on to play another season or two in juniors - just not for the team that originally drafted them there, but for a completely new one, the one that their SHL-team happened to be affiliated with. That’s right, back in the early days the SHL-SMJHL relationship was basically like the one between the NHL and the AHL instead of like the one between the NHL and CHL, as it is today.

As you can imagine, this led to a bunch of problems, most notably that it didn’t really matter if you did a good job as a juniors GM or not because you would lose all your players anyway after a season. At the same time, you could either get very lucky or very unlucky with the send-downs you received. Whether you were affiliated with a team in a rebuild that had just drafted a ton of young players or a contender that didn’t even have any picks was basically out of your control. It was basically down to luck whether you would have the send-downs to be a contender or not, and this wasn’t helped either by the fact that due to the imbalance between the number of SHL and the number of junior teams, some junior teams would just have one affiliate team while others had two.

As you can imagine, this system was especially frustrating for Junior GMs and as a result there was a lot of turnaround on those positions back then, with even very engaged and committed user often not holding the post for more than a season or two because it just wasn’t a very engaging experience where you were allowed to actually build something for more than the very short term. There also wasn't much of an incentive for GMs to do their best in keeping everyone active and engaged, so a lot less reaching out happened from GMs to players and it ways easier for people to fall on the wayside. It also prevented players from building a meaningful bond with their junior squad or for an alumni culture to develop, so it wasn’t particularly attractive for the players themselves either. Luckily this system wasn’t around for too long and it was changed somewhere around S10.

Oh and did I mention that the SMJHL wasn’t even named the SMJHL back then? Instead it was called the NWJHL, the North-Western Junior Hockey League since that was where a lot of the early teams had been located. It wasn’t until a while later that people realized that in a league with teams from Montreal, Detroit or St. Louis, this name had kinda stopped making sense...

You ever heard of the Olympics (and other IIHF changes)?

Moving on to another part of the league that works somewhat separately from the SHL: the IIHF. Now the IIHF has been a mainstay of this league basically from the start, thanks to an often small number of very dedicated members that set it up or helped it grow or just keep it going in times where activity and interest were low. There have been a handful of changes to the IIHF over the years but I am a bit fuzzy on the details so I don’t want to talk about them too much but instead talk about something that has more or less been completely forgotten at this point… Or have you ever heard of the fact that the SHL used to have its own version of the Olympic Hockey tournament?

[Image: 2014_olyw_feb10_canfin_corner_overhead_640.jpg?q=60]

The Olympics were introduced around Season 10 and were scheduled to replace the regular IIHF tournament every four seasons, but as far as I can remember they only actually happened twice or maybe three times before the idea was deemed too elaborate and laborious, especially after the person who had come up with it had stepped away from the league.

Interestingly enough however, this short-lived Olympic experiment actually was quite similar to the IIHF we have today. In fact I would argue that today’s IIHF tournaments have more in common with the Olympics than with the IIHF of the early days! To explain that I have to talk a little bit about how the IIHF has changed over the years. Back when it started, the number of teams in the IIHF was quite small and it didn’t significantly grow for quite some time. Basically, the thought behind it was to have a small number of teams that were all packed with good players and very competitive - sort of a selection of the best of the best. Especially for Canadian players it could be very hard to make the team even in their prime, and there was no Dual Citizenship to switch out of your nation if you were buried on the depth chart.

This system persisted for quite a long time, if I remember correctly it wasn’t until the S20s that the IIHF started to rapidly expand the number of teams to get as many active members involved in the tournament as possible, and that it introduced Dual Citizenship and other measures to spread the talent around. As a result, today’s IIHF has a lot more teams and a higher percentage of members involved in it as it is easier to make a team even as a young player.

On the flip side, there are significant differences in talent among the nations, with some of them having a much steadier supply of good players than others and some nations emerging as perennial contenders whereas others have barely won anything in 30+ seasons. A stark difference compared to the early years where there were only a few teams, but they were all roughly on the same level and the league actively enforced this kind of parity by changing the alignment of nations that didn’t have their own team depending on the current distribution of talent. So the players from a smaller European country like Slovakia could end up on either Team Sweden, Team Finland or Team Europe (later Team Germany), depending on which of these countries HO deemed to be short on talent.

So what exactly were the Olympics then? Well… they kinda were a first try of the system that we have today. An international tournament with a lot more teams, where a lot more players would get to participate. Nations that were normally grouped up to form a single team were split up again so that there would be a Team Italy for example instead of forcing the Italians to play with the Germans as part of Team Europe. Talent differences were massive, with some nations only having a handful or active players whereas Canada was still an absolute powerhouse. In fact if I remember correctly, the number of teams back then was roughly equivalent to the number we have in the IIHF today - at a user base that was significantly smaller, probably around a fourth or a third of what we have today, so the talent was diluted even more.

It was a fun experience at the time but not one that left a huge impact I would argue, at least not directly. After a few iterations the Olympics were scrapped again and largely forgotten - but looking back at them today, one could argue that they were way ahead of their time!

There used to be forced retirement

This is a pretty quick and basic one but I still think it’s kinda crazy to look back at given the league we are today, where longevity is a huge part of the appeal for a lot of people (and I think one of the biggest advantages this league has on others like the VHL or the sadly deceased GOMHL):

In the early years of the league, careers were capped at 10 seasons. After those ten seasons you were forced to retire. In fact if I remember correctly careers were actually capped at something even shorter like 6-8 seasons first before that was expanded, and regression kicked in basically halfway through that.

[Image: _108330454_gettyimages-986720410.jpg]

However in practice, this didn’t actually didn’t ever apply to anyone. While it was quite common for some of the early superstars like Sergei Karpotsov to have very short careers of just four or five seasons, nobody actually ever had to force-retire under this rule because changes to the system came before S1 players even reached the forced retirement mark. As a result, some of them would go on to play all the way until S14 - although with the very early regression kick-in that they had to deal with, none actually managed to be useful for more than 10-12 of those seasons.

Leadership was a lot messier, favoritism was rampant and there was little consistency - so let's appreciate how far we have come

Are you sometimes annoyed by the Head Office or other departments or committees of the league that you feel aren’t as impartial or responsive to feedback as they should be? I can definitely relate but all in all I think we can be quite happy with the site leadership and institutions that we have today because boy, things used to be messy in the past…

Things were a lot more… improvised back then and while that might have been a bit more relaxed in some regards it certainly wasn’t very helpful in regards to site leadership. For a pretty significant portion of this league’s existence, up until around S20 I would estimate, there basically was one Commissioner in charge of everything with no additional level of hierarchy below to both support him and serve as checks on his power. He sometimes but not always had a Co-Commissioner and there were Owners back then as well, but most of them were relatively hands off as they are today. So there basically was one person in charge with almost Dictatorial powers, who at the same time was absolutely swamped and overworked because there was no HO and no Department Heads as we know them today who were able to handle whole subsections of the site more or less on their own.

This led to a lot of friction because it was perceived as not participatory enough, and some Commishes of the time did have some rather questionable actions to their name that added to the problem as well. At the same time it also was quite inefficient because one person had to control and manage basically every single aspect of the site and doing a much higher portion of the day-to-day work than any single person does today. The result was a league that was able to somewhat function but had no long-term vision and was slow to adopt change of any kind.

This also extended to the few other positions that did exist at the time - less established structures and guidelines and more fluctuation led to many of the things I talked about in previous chapters, like the media pay scale that changed dramatically every few seasons or seasonal TPE-counts that were widely inconsistent. And I’m not even gonna get into the topic of league discipline and forum conduct here… On top of that, positions that had the power to honor people through the Hall of Fame or Awards quite regularly displayed blatant favoritism, with people honoring their buddies and ignoring people they didn’t get along with, which was easy because they often either weren't any committees in place, or they had very limited power and just voted on a pre-selected list from the Committee Head.

And yet it took us around 20 seasons to move away from that system and even then things didn’t improve over night. The new systems we tried that sort of resemble the HO-system we have today came with their own host of problems, different amounts of direct democracy and participation (like elections for HO) were tried and then scrapped again and even though we have arrived at a point that is much better than what we had back then, I would argue that the process still isn’t over and that we should keep looking for ways to improve our internal structures and processes. But while doing that, let’s not forget how far we have come!

Aaaaaaand that’s it! Thanks for reading, feel free to add any feedback or ask questions in this thread!

Words: 5200

This was fun! Nice job on the article.

One thing I remembered while reading was the old Team Training Camp model, as well. For those who don’t know, GMs had to buy TTC and it came out of the team budget - so if you spent to the cap, no TTC. And GMs typically would ask the team what they wanted, because they had to choose from packages of attributes, so sometimes they might buy TTC but not for any of the goalie attributes, for example.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

good read

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

09-16-2020, 03:40 PMteztify Wrote: This was fun! Nice job on the article.

One thing I remembered while reading was the old Team Training Camp model, as well. For those who don’t know, GMs had to buy TTC and it came out of the team budget - so if you spent to the cap, no TTC. And GMs typically would ask the team what they wanted, because they had to choose from packages of attributes, so sometimes they might buy TTC but not for any of the goalie attributes, for example.

Oh right, that's a nice one as well Smile !
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 03:46 PM by Pythonic.)

this is why i'm glad to be a generation z shler

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

No mention of the European Elite League? (EEL) What an incredible failure that was

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Buying equipment was a little tricker, too. You had to have enough for equipment AND the inevitable redistribution of those 3 to fighting and 3 to others (most people took away from checking but not me lol).
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 03:53 PM by JumpierPegasus.)

09-16-2020, 03:50 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: No mention of the European Elite League? (EEL) What an incredible failure that was
Oh nevermind I see it

Yeah it could absolutely be a 5k word article on that mess and how all memory of it has basically been buried. Talk about a league stretching itself too thin

09-16-2020, 03:50 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: No mention of the European Elite League? (EEL) What an incredible failure that was

This deserves its own huge article tbh - if anyone remembers enough about it. Those forums still existed but were hidden on the old site. I don’t think they survived the migration.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

Oh damn I knew I forgot about something! I actually had this one in my notes but then forgot to include it in the final cut. This would definitely deserve a whole article on it's own imho, and by someone more knowledgeable than me because I wasn't really actively involved in it since I was too new!

Ngl id love olympics every 4 seasons

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-16-2020, 03:53 PMteztify Wrote:

This deserves its own huge article tbh - if anyone remembers enough about it. Those forums still existed but were hidden on the old site. I don’t think they survived the migration.
For me the weirdest part is how the league just hid it. Like literally you can't really find anything on it when you look back. It isn't on invisionfree, didn't make it to jcink, hidden from everything and I can't even find news or announcements on it

It's pretty impressive because I've thought about going back and doing an article on it but it was 9 years ago and I'm fuzzy on details. But I can't find anything at all. Like it never happened. If other people didn't experience it as well I would have thought it was a fever dream

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 04:13 PM by luke.)

09-16-2020, 04:03 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote:
09-16-2020, 03:53 PMteztify Wrote: This deserves its own huge article tbh - if anyone remembers enough about it. Those forums still existed but were hidden on the old site. I don’t think they survived the migration.
For me the weirdest part is how the league just hid it. Like literally you can't really find anything on it when you look back. It isn't on invisionfree, didn't make it to jcink, hidden from everything and I can't even find news or announcements on it

It's pretty impressive because I've thought about going back and doing an article on it but it was 9 years ago and I'm fuzzy on details. But I can't find anything at all. Like it never happened. If other people didn't experience it as well I would have thought it was a fever dream

Just gotta look Wink
https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=153
https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=152

That being said, the whole league of the EEL seems to be missing. all the history and stuff like that. I dont know why, but I owuld love to see if we can bring back some of that history

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

This is a throwback lol, I remember some of these things and media pay was up and down all the time especially when podcasts came in to play.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

This was really interesting. Nice work man.

[Image: d4tHOa1.png]