Create Account

In Memory of Alexander Dangelmajer

[Image: gXLthah_d.webp?maxwidth=728&fidelity=grand]
Alexander(@acdangel) spent his junior years with the St. Louis Scarecrows. He put on the Czech Republic jersey for several international tournaments. And before season 54 he was called up and has since played for the New England Wolfpack.

These three organizations have come together to honor Alexander's memory. His number will be retired across the three teams and his jerseys will be raised to the rafters.

Below we want to share a few words, and anecdotes from users around the league. Please feel free to add your own in this thread.

The St. Louis Scarecrows
Written by @Capt_Blitzkrieg on behalf of the team.

The first clue that something was wrong should have been that he wasn’t there to welcome the new ‘Crows. I’m pretty sure Dangel loves… loved Draft Day more than I do for that alone. Forever our Ass Captain, he’d be there to welcome the new rooks before me or Nic or Eric, and we were the ones in the War Room.

The second clue that something was wrong should have been when we closed the Players Only locker room. Ace, Huck, Blast, Stennett, and even Trella showed up to say hello, but Dangel didn’t. He was one of the driving factors in re-opening it, and he wasn’t there. Any time anybody was chatting in the main locker room, Dangel was usually a part of it. He was always a message away.

I figured work had him too busy to notice. It happens to all of us at some point and he'd had some very busy times before. I told myself that he’d come back to find a reinvigorated Scarecrows locker room to welcome him home. With New England teammates Jay and Ace in our locker room, there’s no way he wouldn’t know about it. But two, three, and then four days passed, and no Dangel.

We didn’t have to talk a lot in St. Louis Head Office about what to do for Dangel. When Czechia reached out saying that they wanted to retire his number and suggested that all three teams do it together, it just made sense. It’s also fitting that the Scarecrows have an open A this season, as it allows us to take an extra step.

The St. Louis Scarecrows raise Sasha Dangelchek, #26, into the rafters and will leave the 2nd Assistant Captain position open for the duration of S56 in remembrance of our “Ass4eva”.

[Image: qvgmvXf.webp?maxwidth=300&fidelity=grand]

Czech Republic
Sometimes when a person joins the SHL and they enter a locker room it can be difficult to get a read on them. You’re not sure if they’ll stick around or fit in with the squad. That wasn’t the case with Dangel. The moment he entered our locker I think we all knew that he was a great person who would become a dear friend of ours. From the first day he fit right in cracking jokes and quoting Letterkenny.

As time went on he would spend much more of time in his SMJHL and SHL locker rooms, popping in mostly during the WJC and IIHF. The funny thing is during the international tournaments he would say sorry for not being as active in the Czech locker room, and every time we would reply with “No worries, we’re just happy to see you around!” or something along those lines. During those weeks of the offseason tournaments we had the privilege of enjoying his company more often than normal and the locker room was a much better place for it.

Dangel, who will forever be synonymous with Squirrely Dan, you are terribly missed by us. The least we can do is immortalize you in the rafters and in our memories. Rest in peace brother.

[Image: RIP_Dangel3.png]

New England Wolfpack
Sasha Dangelchek was never one of the premier players that analysts covet or the guy that was on the highlight reel advertisement for the SHL Game of the Week. He was so much more than that. Dangel was the lifeblood of the Pack – he defined what it meant to pull that sweater over his head and know it stood for something. He took the Wolfpack core values – integrity, passion and respect, to heart. 

Dangel was these values in human form. He was passionate for what we were building, especially as this re-tool began. He spent countless hours in the war room tinkering with his scouting recommendations, and made sure those that were already involved felt at home and with a group that they could consider a family of their own. No one could feel alienated or not welcomed when Dangel was around.

We’ve lost a tremendous man and teammate. We love, we grieve, and we wish his family peace.
#AD26
[Image: Wpw5bba_d.webp?maxwidth=300&fidelity=grand]

Quote:In my head when I picture my time as a player in St. Louis, Ruslan Zaporozhets (@CptSquall) is on my left and Dangel is on my right. It was just one season, but it was amazing. In the sim, we combined for 114 points in the regular season and carried the team to the Eastern Conference Final, almost toppling the Detroit team that everyone thought was invincible in S53. In the locker room, we were line-mates; we talked all the time and got to know each other. That was the season that I was Captain and Dangel was our Ass Captain for his fourth season in a row, taking an elective fifth season with us while the Wolfpack freed up a roster spot. After that, Zapo and Dangel moved up to the SHL and I became the GM of St. Louis. When we started having Jackbox nights, Dangel was one of the first people to join in. He came back the first night we played and it was like he'd never left. He always made it, even if it was just to say hello before going to bed. It’s really fitting to the person we knew him to be that his last words in our locker room were supportive:

[Image: rbkA3dj.png]
@Capt_Blitzkrieg

Quote:Sometimes when you meet people on the SHL, right away, you know that they'd be someone you wouldn't mind grabbing a beer with. Dangel was absolutely one of those people.

One of my favorite memories of Dangel is from a night when a talk of "favorite words" came up in the NEW locker room. Dangel said, "My favorite word in 9th grade was 'WHEN I WAS A YOUNG BOY.'" That prompted a discussion about My Chemical Romance and music.

Dangel continued to say, "My middle school band thought we'd be edgy and introduce our show as an MCR show. And then launched into Metallica. I cringe to this day." That comment alone perfectly summed up a dude who 1) knew how to have fun and 2) was humble about how cool he was then and now.

Then a couple people in the locker room didn't know what kind of music pop punk was, which prompted Dangel and I to come clean about being elite pop punk music snobs. Dangel thought "Rise Above" by Black Flag was the "quintessential punk song." I wouldn't necessarily disagree. He also knew the best Bright Eyes album is "Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground." To quote from a song on that album, "How grateful I was, then, to be part of the mystery, to love and to be loved." And even only knowing you a short period of time, from around the league, it's clear you were loved.
@bilbo

Quote:The first thing I always hear in VC is Dangle's "Oh hey there Andreas." Worth staying up at 1am just for that.
@ProjectSaint

Quote:My favorite memories with Dangel were the many nights we spent playing Jackbox. One of his favorite games was Earwax where each player is asked to combine two random sounds that relate to a text prompt. It usually had Dangel laughing his ass off. And his laugh was very contagious and often he had the entire voice channel laughing until we cried.
@kenvald

Quote:One memory that sticks out to me is when it was when Taylor Hall was getting rumored to get traded, and the Devils were not looking like the team that they were looking to be, he was still positive. He still had the positive and fun energy around him.
@"luketd"

Quote:I remember when Sawful mentioned bloosfaces (if you're in the updater discord you know what they are) in New England and Dangel immediately recognized them (they were in St. Louis for a while). He bigged me up as "famous bloos" and I was laughing my ass off. Dangel was just the sweetest, nicest, funniest guy. It feels weird not having him around and I miss him a lot.
@bluesfan55

Quote:Me and Dangel always had some nice talk about... Anything. Because that was the thing about Dangel. He could chat with anyone about anything, and made everyone feel welcome. He mentioned multiple times his love for my discord picture (of Todd from BoJack Horseman).
The most memorable being when he told me didn't even want to know what I looked like, because every time I said something he just thought of Todd saying it.

Thank you for everything Dangel, hitmoncog, AD. My friend.
@Zema

Quote:We bonded so much over music and tv shows, so I'll always think of him when i watch Barry or listen to Run the Jewels or watch that hip hop evolution show on Netflix that I still haven't watched.
@hotdog

Quote:One that I loved was when he was bored at work and shittily drew all the NHL team logos and:
[Image: image0.jpg?width=477&height=431]
@anonymous

Quote:I didn't get a chance to know him well, but the brief time I had with him was awesome. The user acdangel on the SHL was always friendly and our time online together was memorable. He was also a nerd like me. I remember the times when we'd play a small game together with Stammer, just taking turns listing off countries until someone repeated one. It came down to me and him, and I set a trap which caused him to lose. Fun times. As a friend, I never had any issues with him. As I was entering the worsening stages of my depression (before I had a formal diagnosis), he even allowed me to reach out to him so I could talk. My last interaction with him was me rubbing it "in his face" that the Stars (my team) had won over the Avs (which was his team against mine). It pains me to hear of his death. I got the news less than an hour before my online class, hardly enough time to process what had happened. I was already coping with getting diagnosed with depression, and then I got the news of his death. I felt numb and couldn't focus at all. He will be greatly missed. I cannot even believe I'm typing this out.
@TheHockeyist

Quote:I never had the pleasure of meeting Dangel, but from what I hear, he's been a constant source of positivity and support in both the New England locker room and SHL as a whole. The least we can do is carry on that great attitude and make the world a better place. Rest in power, Dangel.
@funk

Quote:Who Wants Hotdogs?
onlyfans.com/superdangel
@Ace

I fucking miss you man. Fighting the tears rn.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

RIP Dangel, gonna miss you

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

We all fighting tears. Fucking love you Dangle!

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Rest in peace man

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

You are missed brother. 

Thank you to the three teams for this memorial. 

For Dangel!!! 

Scarecrows Wolfpack Czechia

[Image: hudson.png]

Stick taps for the man. _/ _/ _/ I miss him.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

[Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_2.gif]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Miss you man..Rest in peace.

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

This man was the first friend I made on the SHL, each of us joining St. Louis as part of the S50 SHL draft.

I’m not really sure what to say, moreso just speechless and haven’t really accepted the fact he won’t be popping into St Louis wishing us good morning every now and then.

This sucks. Rest In Peace friend, thanks for putting me onto some wonderful music.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

He was such a joy to have around. I remember when he did those logos by memory. It was such a fun day in the locker room. That’s what he did daily. From the moment he join St Louis locker room I knew he was going to special.
I hope his family and friends find peace it such a difficult time.

I’ll miss you buddy. Thank you for the all the memories. Scarecrows

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26 | RIP TDZ

I love how all of the stories I've seen in the last day and a half can easily be summed up as "Just Dangel Things". He was such a great guy, always kind and funny and there when you needed somebody to help you out. He's gone entirely too suddenly and too soon, and we're gonna miss him.

AD26 Scarecrows Wolfpack Czechia

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

i fuckin love ya dangel. miss you a lot brother

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

This is a really cool tribute, thanks to those who helped put it together.

Also, I'm really proud of the sincerity and the passion that the SHL has displayed in handling something with this amount of depth. This is a really special community. I'm glad I decided to come back a few months ago. You're all fucking awesome. If this has shown me anything about this community, it's that we have a deep appreciation for each other and don't take anyone for granted Heart

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

@acdangel, the most tragic part of this is that you'll never know the depth of how much you have affected the lives that use this website, as illustrated in the past few days. Goodbye, hot potato brother, and rest in peace. -@bbjygm

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget