Create Account

Swegs new home
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020, 11:58 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

[Image: RO2DNhN.png]

A lot has happened  lately in my sim league life, i don't even know where to begin. I guess we can start with the Panthers entering into a re-tool or rebuild-mode or whatever you want to call it and traded away Theo Morgan and Jon Toner, despite us still being competitive enough in my opinion to have at least another run at the cup. I might be biased with that assessment and i'm fine with that. The return was good though so i guess that's something, they were two people that i actually talked to in the LR though, so that was rough. Sure, they still stayed in the LR but it was still rough for a small little japan man like me to accept. The LR was quiet as it was and trading away 2 active players that actually posted in there fairly regularly was rough. Sure we were a couple left in there who posted, I'm surely partly to blame because i didn't post as much as i could, but when you know that anything you say in the LR could and probable would be leaked, you kind of lose interest to get the conversations going. It didn't help to have multiple people blocked either lmao. Season 55 rolled in and we were all pretty much in on the idea that this was going to be a down-year, and we'd start getting better soon. It didn't help however that we didn't have a coach because Mook was moving and couldn't get on a computer, so even if we probably could have done a lot better than we did, we went from winning the west with 66 points to ending up 6th with 40, becoming a punching bag to the top teams. Not super surprising but still hurts. It became pretty clear that Oliver Cleary was leaving the team during the S55 season, i can't say that i personally know what happened, apparently there were some issues with lines and stuff, but i didn't pay enough attention to follow what our lines looked like. He was out either way and was exposed in the expansion draft. At this time i was already thinking of leaving in FA, I even wrote a couple articles teasing about it and hinted about it to several people. I kind of felt bad leaving though because i didn't want to leave the team in an even worse state than it already was.

[Image: lyDqQeB.png]

So, Season 55 off-season came around and stuff happened. I was called up by my agent who told me that GM Mook wanted to talk contract. I said ignore it for now, i'm still trying to decide what to do. I talked some with Non-GM Mook in the LR and played some werewolf and we continued on as normal. After a week or so my agent called again saying that GM Mook was on the phone again. I told him to start negotiating and say that i might be willing to stay for another season to see what direction the team was taking. It didn't take long before my agent called back again with some information that sounded very good to me, which gave me some motivation to actually stay at the team. He also told me that i was being offered a 1+1 year contract at 4 million, the second year being a GM/Player option, so either of us could decide to part ways the coming season. I thought why the hell not, Might as well see what happens. I was told by A LOT of people that they were surprised, and i'm not going to lie, i was myself. However Panthers was one of my absolute favourite identities ever since i joined the site and i have always wanted to play here. I thought i owed the club another shot, and a chance for them to actually gain something from losing me. However when i realised that i had been lied to during negotiations i had already decided that this was going to be my last season as a panther. I was pretty set on just leaving after the season ended, but then the whole stepping down business happened and we stood there without GMs. I know that Wasty had decided to step down but i didn't know when, and Mook just disappeared. I don't know any details so i'm not going to go in on that. Apparently he left the site all together from my understanding and i hope he takes care of himself and that whatever he is going through works out, i have a lot of respect for both Wasty and Mook and i don't think i've ever been on bad terms with either of them, i respect them stepping down even though it came at an unfortunate time when it comes to signing FAs and  stuff like that, i understand Wasty though with his player coming into the draft, retiring to protect the team from any punishments.

So, we were without a GM days before the draft. Seven was apparently already helping Mook with the draft and quickly took the reigns as interim to make sure we actually used our picks come draft time, which was lucky for the team as i think he drafted a couple of good guys. It was a rough interim position though because FA was in full effect before a new GM was announced and he was only allowed to re-sign and sign rookies on 1 year deals from what i understand. Which of course wasn't optimal seeing the quality of the FAs out there.

I tried to interview Corey on the hiring process but he's a little sneaky breeki. Rumors said the GM would be announced on friday last week though so all we could do was wait. Friday came and no announcement. Then saturday came and we finally got the answer, that Fuzz got the gig. I don't think i've ever interacted with him before but i know he did good things in Carolina, so perhaps he can get things rolling here as well! However i had already decided that this was not going to work for me, no matter what GM was appointed, i had already decided that no matter what i was going to ask for a trade out of the organization. And so i did a couple of hours after he was appointed. He was really cool about it and i really appreciated that he took the time to make sure i got to a location i would be comfortable in, and i can't thank him enough for that. Offers came in and i was updated on the situation as it went on and asked how i felt about the different teams. I had already told him that i was willing to go literally anywhere seeing how my contract only forced me to play 1 season on whatever team i was traded to, but he still took the time to make sure i went somewhere i wanted to go. It was really between 2 of the interested teams, i think i would've had a good time on any of the two really, one of them got the OK to reach out to me and the rest is history really, i'm surprised i was valued that high really, and i think Fuzz got a hell of a deal out of me, I am really hoping that i can make myself useful on my new team, if not it will really hurt my ego. My phone buzzed a lot leading up to this becoming official, i got 3 texts from different people, all on different teams, telling me i had been traded. I was pretty sure where but i had literally no idea what the deal would look like. I had assumed  a 1st and maybe a low pick, but imagine my surprise.

syndicate Chicago receives syndicate
Disisde Dayudie
S59 LAP 2nd

Panthers Los Angeles receives Panthers
S57 CHI 1st
S59 CHI 1st
S59 CHI 2nd*
Jack Tanner

*Conditional on Dayudie not using his S57 option and extending with Chicago past S57

And in the words of our lord and (rat)Savior General Sam

NEEDLESS TO SAY IM FUCKING PUMPED

[Image: ChicagoSyndicateLD3a.png]

Don't think i haven't looked at this team for a while. As a Bruins fan how can you not look at those colors and get a small, yet noticable erection? I am very happy that the logo got changed earlier from the original, which i wasn't a fan of. As i said earlier Fuzz allowed CHI to reach out to me and i felt like we had a very productive talk a couple days ago when it all went down, i know a bunch of the people on the team from before from both Japan and Newfoundland discord and they are my absolute favourite people on the site probably. I won't say too much because i don't want it to get to their heads but yeah i enjoy them very much. I know i am joining a stacked team and i will really have to fight for a good spot, had i stayed on LA i would have been on the first pairing easily but i am excited to fight for a spot on this team now that i am here. Not that i have ever been too focused on playtime, but getting some good stat lines would be fun lol. I've been averaging like 20 points a season since i was called up and i just broke 1400 with this update, so hopefully i can bring something to the table. Not only do i hope to add my presence to the ice, i am intending to be a good and vocal voice in the discord with my renewed interest in the league. This is my 4th team since joining the site almost exactly 30 seasons ago, so this will be a fun experience for sure. I have always been a sucker to stay with teams and i don't think i have the heart to leave a team in FA if i don't have really good reasons, so i haven't been traveling a lot. Dick Skillstedt was traded to Ham as per my request but i lost interest and retired, but was traded back and ended up and retired in Minny anyway, lol. Andersson was in Minny the full(but short) career, Andersson-Grande died before the SHL debut in Texas due to me being at my absolute lowest point mentally in my entire life and lost interest in the league. I don't see that happening anytime soon. I am feeling a lot better mentally and i am ready to fuckin GO!

I love the cross-over between teams that i'm going to have now. One exciting thing will be to be reunited with my former defensive-line brother in NL, Akira Ren, as well as my defensive partner Parker Smeb from Japan. My former GMs in JNH and Corey, My Newfoundland brothers in Ham, Tez, and Justice, People like Sköldpaddor, Nykonax, Donini and Naosu that i haven't really talked to a lot but that i heard good things about, Kyl who helped me win fantasy that one season, as well as being a stand up dude from the interactions we've had. Plus everyone else that i'm excited to get to know! I'm horrible with usernames and player names so i probably know more people on here but i'm admittedly not as updated on the SHL landscape as i could be.

It will be exciting to get things rolling, i haven't been in the eastern conference in a while and both Buffalo and Hamilton has been nasty these last couple of seasons. MAN and NEW has always been dangerous too. I'm hoping that i can be a big piece in getting us over the hill to promise land. I don't think i'll be able to hit 2k with the tpe i've missed if i don't like, win fantasy every season. But i should be a good bit over 1900tpe before i hit regression, so hopefully i don't look like a bust when Luke puts this in the history books.  Confused

There are a bunch of people that is currently on LAP and others that has left that i've played over the seasons that i'm thankful for, but i can't name them all,
but thanks @Wasty for finally drafting me after passing on me in the S38 draft, lmao.
Thanks @RomanesEuntDomus for not ever being able to post anything that isn't at least like 50 sentences, i almost felt like you writing all of this. Be well!
Thank you @ArGarBarGar for drafting me both in my first season of the J back in S26, as well as Minny in S27. That MTL LR in S27 and probably even S28 is probably what kept me active in the league. I know you're inactive now but i wish you all the best.
@Tate and @OrbitingDeath I'm sorry to be leaving you my friends but you gotta do what you gotta do. We shared some good times and we had some good talks, thanks for not making my time on the team sucky.  Panthers
@Otrebor13 U ugly but you scored 69 points(nice) so you're kinda okay.
@Buster You even have Bust in your name like come on you're making it way too easy.
@JT3 I kinda hope you get a cup in Edmonton but only if it isn't against Chicago in the finals, ok?
@Fordyford I'm happy everything worked out for you and i know you're inactive but in case you come back you can read this.
@Count Chocula and @Festinator my NL brothers GL to you!

I probably forgot a couple but as i said earlier i'm horrible with names.

I really wish Los Angeles the best, i am sure it is in great hands going forward. The organization will always be in my heart.

Ok i'm going to go make some dinner, If you read this then thanks for actually reading one of my media, most people usually skip them.
If you have any questions i'd appreciate if you ask them in THIS thread. because i'm a poor little japan boy.

Sweg out

[Image: abb3dd978e168d3440b78a06be551e7e1a2d6aed.gif]

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

good luck in chicago brodie

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

yeah u forgot me u cock

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

09-21-2020, 12:11 PMdankoa Wrote: good luck in chicago brodie

Thank u brother Dank Cheers

09-21-2020, 12:13 PMRagnar Wrote: yeah u forgot me u cock

Fuck u u didnt even know who i was even though im your swegbrudda :(

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-21-2020, 12:34 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
09-21-2020, 12:11 PMdankoa Wrote: good luck in chicago brodie

Thank u brother Dank  Cheers

09-21-2020, 12:13 PMRagnar Wrote: yeah u forgot me u cock

Fuck u u didnt even know who i was even though im your swegbrudda :(

because you changed your username. the second you told me who you were i got all excited. that hurts.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Gonna miss having you on the team, and really happy to know you're happy! Love ya brotha!

Panthers

[Image: f7IGJw3.png]
[Image: UFYQyLU.png]

gonna miss you sweg, loved that we went to LA with back 2 back picks, wish you all the best in Chicago

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Good luck on the new team. Looks like we'll have to play against you more often now (and probably lose) Smile

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

<3 Newfie bro's forever!

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Swweeeeeegggggg best of luck in Chicago bud!

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Let's go sweggyyyy

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers