Create Account

BAELOR and Awards Commitee CORRUPT!

09-23-2020, 09:35 AMBuster Wrote:
09-23-2020, 09:17 AMspooked Wrote: FR why are people allowed to be on a voting committee that they are being voted on by. Seems like a pretty big wtf conflict of interest. Voting for yourself is the obvious outcome, so not really gonna fault him, but there should be rules around this shit so it can't happen.

Tbf, I think people for the most part are good. Karlssens is also on the committee and it would’ve been an error on his part to not nom and vote Scholz. I personally believe if I’m ever in a situation where Cleary could be a potential nom and I choose Cleary, I’ll have to include strong justification so it doesn’t appear that I nommed myself. Which is something I had to do my first season as awards head in the S20s when my player, Jamie Hawkins, was the clear cut winner for the Richan.

Not to say you're wrong, or anything at all like that, but I don't know if that is really a good justification to not just play it safe integrity-wise. Just need a few on-call members who could replace specific people when it comes up and we would never have to really worry about this again. Honestly speaking, the conflict of interest will always exist as people have friends and teammates etc.

This isn’t news.

The awards committee has mostly been a joke for a while. Not saying there aren’t good people in there, just that it could be run better. Bias seems to run amok at times. It’s always been that way though, I was told that in S31 lol.

Anyway, Each team should have a representative and shouldn’t be allowed to vote for their own team. Ez pz.

It’s not gonna change though.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Investigate awards committee

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

09-23-2020, 10:46 AMspooked Wrote:
09-23-2020, 09:35 AMBuster Wrote: Tbf, I think people for the most part are good. Karlssens is also on the committee and it would’ve been an error on his part to not nom and vote Scholz. I personally believe if I’m ever in a situation where Cleary could be a potential nom and I choose Cleary, I’ll have to include strong justification so it doesn’t appear that I nommed myself. Which is something I had to do my first season as awards head in the S20s when my player, Jamie Hawkins, was the clear cut winner for the Richan.

Not to say you're wrong, or anything at all like that, but I don't know if that is really a good justification to not just play it safe integrity-wise. Just need a few on-call members who could replace specific people when it comes up and we would never have to really worry about this again. Honestly speaking, the conflict of interest will always exist as people have friends and teammates etc.

Yeah no

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

09-23-2020, 11:27 AMJKortesi81 Wrote: This isn’t news.

The awards committee has mostly been a joke for a while. Not saying there aren’t good people in there, just that it could be run better. Bias seems to run amok at times. It’s always been that way though, I was told that in S31 lol.

Anyway, Each team should have a representative and shouldn’t be allowed to vote for their own team. Ez pz.

I can tell you for a fact that when I was head in the S20s, we made sure there was accountability for bias voting so hearing this is a bit frustrating

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

09-23-2020, 11:47 AMBaelor Swift Wrote: Investigate awards committee
Bout time

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

In the nicest possible way some of your hof ballots have been the most biased things I’ve ever seen so maybe not the best hill for you to die on here lol

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

09-23-2020, 12:04 PMdankoa Wrote:

In the nicest possible way some of your hof ballots have been the most biased things I’ve ever seen so maybe not the best hill for you to die on here lol

put CC2 in the hall

If there is one person in the SHL that shouldn't complain about bias, it is you bud.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

09-23-2020, 11:51 AMBuster Wrote:
09-23-2020, 10:46 AMspooked Wrote: Not to say you're wrong, or anything at all like that, but I don't know if that is really a good justification to not just play it safe integrity-wise. Just need a few on-call members who could replace specific people when it comes up and we would never have to really worry about this again. Honestly speaking, the conflict of interest will always exist as people have friends and teammates etc.

Yeah no
Nice thoughtful response

09-23-2020, 12:13 PMBasedMinkus Wrote:

If there is one person in the SHL that shouldn't complain about bias, it is you bud.
I mean this is why he thinks it's such a concern tbqh.

Honestly, just looked at my voting ballot and of ALL the BUF nominees this season, of which there were many, the only ones I voted a Buffalo player/member for 1st in the final voting were for Playoff MVP and Best Coach. I think anyone who has worked with me in a capacity where I could display bias would be able to testify to the fact that I am not someone who allows bias/allegiances to get in the way of making the correct decisions.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

09-23-2020, 12:36 PMBaelor Swift Wrote:
09-23-2020, 12:13 PMBasedMinkus Wrote: If there is one person in the SHL that shouldn't complain about bias, it is you bud.
I mean this is why he thinks it's such a concern tbqh.

Honestly, just looked at my voting ballot and of ALL the BUF nominees this season, of which there were many, the only ones I voted a Buffalo player/member for 1st in the final voting were for Playoff MVP and Best Coach. I think anyone who has worked with me in a capacity where I could display bias would be able to testify to the fact that I am not someone who allows bias/allegiances to get in the way of making the correct decisions.

Even so, how do you truly get bias out of the system? It’s impossible because raw stats only tell part of the story. I think you guys do a great and thankless job and I don’t think adding a guy on each team will do anything other than have them argue for a player on their team lol.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Swiggity swooty.. sounds like another department needs the Zooney

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

09-23-2020, 01:29 PMZoone16 Wrote: Swiggity swooty.. sounds like another department needs the Zooney
that, sir, is a beautiful pun

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Baelor is the guy that invented a new, ill defined award then immediately gave it to himself when his player was still only around 800 tpe. So yeah, this tracks

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]