Create Account

Aleister Cain

09-23-2020, 01:12 PMgrok Wrote: if i was a free agent with a big contract who wanted a job in a time where teams had trouble signing big contracts, i would simply not be an unrepentant dickhead to every other team in the league (and people on my own team, sometimes) for two straight years.

ok

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

09-23-2020, 02:38 PMMutedfaith Wrote:
09-23-2020, 02:27 PMRedCapeDiver Wrote:  Andreas Kvalheim - Aaron Wilson - Julio Tokolosh
 Matt Kholin - Monkey D. Luffy - Simon LeBlanc
 Alex Winters - Tony Pepperoni - Kaarlo Kekkonen

Rex Kirkby - Guy Zheng
Tig Murphy - Andrej Doskočil
Adam Scianna -Samuel Michaud

Kata Vilde
A Jobin

What the shit RCD.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

09-23-2020, 03:19 PMCapt_Blitzkrieg Wrote:
09-23-2020, 02:09 PMCyanide Wrote: The parm recipe was the best thing to come out of this thread
Damn straight. I'm trying that at some point. Maybe this weekend.

[Image: Chicken-Parm-Pizza-1.jpg]

There's a pic with roni on top

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

While I do not agree with the language that Slash has said in the past, and would go as far as saying that haven't desired to share a locker room with him, I would like to remind the self righteous people in here who can point fingers but not accept that they have fucked up in the past are very culpable. If you are avoiding Slash for some morality clause, fine, that's all on you. If you're trying to say that you fit better in a locker room than he does, you're a fucking hypocrite. We all mess up. I'll be the first to admit all the bad shit I've done in my time on this site. I've been a piece of shit in the past and I'm surprised I'm on a team. But the same can be said for a lot of you. So instead of pointing fingers and talking shit. Get the fuck over it.

It's obvious that this is a money issue. Plain and simple. Because half of the people pointing fingers in here have done shit just as bad as Slash.

Fuck hypocrites.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

I don't know what the answer to this situation is but I'm glad this is a thread. It was puzzling to see a 1600 TPE goalie just floating out in the ether.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

09-23-2020, 02:09 PMCyanide Wrote: The parm recipe was the best thing to come out of this thread

Parm usually is the best thing in the SHL

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

And I understand it's a money issue, but it sucks because I've been fighting regression like a fucking animal and my reward is my price shot up without me having a say in it. I could have just recreated in s53 and been comfortable right now and instead I'm punished for sticking with it

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

Not enough room is one thing, but another issue is how more and more managers run their teams to be book clubs for the elderly: 'tea and biscuits on the counter, let's take turns on discussing this weeks book, but please watch the language - Marylyn said a bad word last week and we do not want to have that discussion again.' 

What happened to wanting to win championships and to the rivalries? Is there no value in signing a quality player for free IF there is room and then potentially looking into trading that player for an asset at the deadline?

Way too much value is put to locker rooms in this league especially, great if people get along and share similar interests, but lets be 100% honest, there are better forums for discussions than whatever SHL can offer.

There are too many wannabe chatroom moderators working as general managers who love nothing more than having 15 users agreeing with each other in a locker room. How about you get rid of those inactives in your team and do some actual general managing for once? Lazy, lazy, lazy.

You can talk about the caps and whatever contract limits, but I think the HO should start hiring some hockey minds into these management positions.

09-23-2020, 03:23 PMSlashACM Wrote:
09-23-2020, 01:12 PMgrok Wrote: if i was a free agent with a big contract who wanted a job in a time where teams had trouble signing big contracts, i would simply not be an unrepentant dickhead to every other team in the league (and people on my own team, sometimes) for two straight years.

ok

Look man I can put this in a nicer way because I don't actually know you, I just know the front you put up. But when your entire persona is being a trash talker to everyone, you will get that reputation. And when you carry that persona into talking shit on rookies who have no idea who you are and doing things in the league that get you in trouble, that reputation will snowball. Joe in this very thread said that part of the decision was because it's hard to get FAs to NOLA because of your reputation.

And it would be so easy to just own that the heckling hasn't always been in good fun and try to make inroads with the people who don't like you. But instead your response here was "woe is me, me me me." No acknowledgement of anything in your public attitude, just claiming you paid your dues and somehow deserve respect.

I'm sure I'm not the only person in SHL who would be willing to give you a second chance if you ever showed even a single public moment of apology, a sign that you've changed or that you're different in the LR and that the heckling is all in fun. But I have never seen that from you.

I know you'll probably look at this and either copypasta it with your friends or say "lol ok" but I've seen how your friends here stick up for you, and I wish the person they know was the person the site knows. I think the person they talk about would have gotten signed the day FA opened.

This thread wild. What page was the parm recipe? I missed it.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 03:40 PM by caltroit_red_flames.)

09-23-2020, 03:34 PMjRuutu Wrote: Not enough room is one thing, but another issue is how more and more managers run their teams to be book clubs for the elderly: 'tea and biscuits on the counter, let's take turns on discussing this weeks book, but please watch the language - Marylyn said a bad word last week and we do not want to have that discussion again.' 

What happened to wanting to win championships and to the rivalries? Is there no value in signing a quality player for free IF there is room and then potentially looking into trading that player for an asset at the deadline?

Way too much value is put to locker rooms in this league especially, great if people get along and share similar interests, but lets be 100% honest, there are better forums for discussions than whatever SHL can offer.

There are too many wannabe chatroom moderators working as general managers who love nothing more than having 15 users agreeing with each other in a locker room. How about you get rid of those inactives in your team and do some actual general managing for once? Lazy, lazy, lazy.

You can talk about the caps and whatever contract limits, but I think the HO should start hiring some hockey minds into these management positions.

I'm just glad there's one worse take than mine in this thread now. I mean shit I at least admit I was wrong.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

09-23-2020, 03:36 PMNokazoa Wrote: This thread wild. What page was the parm recipe? I missed it.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2913557

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

09-23-2020, 03:34 PMjRuutu Wrote: Not enough room is one thing, but another issue is how more and more managers run their teams to be book clubs for the elderly: 'tea and biscuits on the counter, let's take turns on discussing this weeks book, but please watch the language - Marylyn said a bad word last week and we do not want to have that discussion again.' 

[Image: dd0.jpg]

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

09-23-2020, 03:42 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:36 PMNokazoa Wrote: This thread wild. What page was the parm recipe? I missed it.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid2913557
Bless you

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

09-23-2020, 03:35 PMgrok Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:23 PMSlashACM Wrote: ok

Look man I can put this in a nicer way because I don't actually know you, I just know the front you put up. But when your entire persona is being a trash talker to everyone, you will get that reputation. And when you carry that persona into talking shit on rookies who have no idea who you are and doing things in the league that get you in trouble, that reputation will snowball. Joe in this very thread said that part of the decision was because it's hard to get FAs to NOLA because of your reputation.

And it would be so easy to just own that the heckling hasn't always been in good fun and try to make inroads with the people who don't like you. But instead your response here was "woe is me, me me me." No acknowledgement of anything in your public attitude, just claiming you paid your dues and somehow deserve respect.

I'm sure I'm not the only person in SHL who would be willing to give you a second chance if you ever showed even a single public moment of apology, a sign that you've changed or that you're different in the LR and that the heckling is all in fun. But I have never seen that from you.

I know you'll probably look at this and either copypasta it with your friends or say "lol ok" but I've seen how your friends here stick up for you, and I wish the person they know was the person the site knows. I think the person they talk about would have gotten signed the day FA opened.

I'm not really in a good headspace to come up with a proper response to this but the SHL as a whole is full of cliques. It's a result of the team atmosphere mixed with the anonymity of the internet, people are gonna shit talk. People don't like WBF for a similar decorum to mine, but would people be happy to see him waste away in FA after all his hard work? If I have personally irked you I'm sorry, but to paint me as some LR demon that no one wants to be near is just detracting from the actual conversation of cap, roster size, and position changing.

And don't think I don't understand that I've been unpleasant to some people here. I know. But many GMs here have said they know me more personally than the site goes and would give me a shot if my price didn't shoot up to 6 mil. I'm sorry you don't see pity in my situation but if you're coming in here and shitting on me for your perceived slight, are you any better than I?