Create Account

Aleister Cain

09-23-2020, 04:58 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: @jRuutu This attitude towards bad LR influences is not something this league has come up with because we all just want to sing and hold hands together, it's a significant factor in every real life sports team as well. LR cancers or however you wanna call them can directly hurt a teams performance, if people are assholes to their teammates, if they are lazy or rude then it hurts team cohesion and often times, ultimately, your performance on the ice. If there are too many of those people it can lead to bad habits becoming entrenched and a part of the teams culture, if its only a few then their behaviour can still lead to fights and arguments in the locker room, to teammates not willing to give it their all for each other anymore, to yelling and arguing during or right before/after the game or to players making the wrong on-ice decisions. Ultimately, if those things become public it can lead to people asking out or leaving in FA, or to new players not wanting to join the team, just as it does happen around here.

kyrie irving anybody?

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

09-23-2020, 05:02 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: lmao

@ThatDamnWalrus  stfu clown

show some respect to the elders

[Image: 3.png]

09-23-2020, 04:55 PMBuster Wrote:
09-23-2020, 04:44 PMjRuutu Wrote: I guess, still sucks that the actual 'role playing of a hockey player' - part gets smaller and smaller. It's boring if we all say the same things and build the same players.

Or maybe just don’t be an asshole and people won’t let your top earner slide in the draft. This isn’t hard man.

More of a comment on locker rooms and how funny it is to see top level goalie be without a club, can you imagine if Price or someone else on that level could not find a team in Nhl because he could be a douche? Imagine being the gm who says no to him and later in the season notices how their goaltending is a problem, that gm would be in trouble. Fans would be mad, owners would not be pleased.

You dont have that element in here.

09-23-2020, 05:04 PMJSS Wrote:

my apologies

read the thread, forgot to make my one when I hit free agency after texas at like 1.1k tpe and nobody in FA reached out

i like to think this stuff all settles itself

HOF bad take with racism and homophobia being mental illness lmfao

09-23-2020, 05:02 PMBuster Wrote:
09-23-2020, 05:00 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: LR is like 80% of the enjoyment of the league IMO.

I still care a little about my own player tho.

Let me tell you, as someone who was in an LR with Sweg, he’s a beautiful boy.

Im ugly and fat, cant even fit in vents properly, sad

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-23-2020, 05:04 PMJSS Wrote:

how about you lead by example lil'usb

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 05:09 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

09-23-2020, 01:05 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote: I guess this raisses a question I've never thought of before

In the instance of Cain IRL he would likely lower his ask in FA below 6M to secure a contract for next season (in some situations a player would hold out but that's because other options such as Europe exist). Is there a point in which FA's should be allowed to lower their ask below their minimum? Would be hard to enforce whether someone is sitting unsigned to cheat the system though (when having a spot lined up with a team just wanting to make less of a hit on their cap)

Maybe... but there would have to be a no trade clause involved in these players and a small contract length... I wouldn’t be happy seeing my capped divisional neighbour trading for a 3 million dollar 1600 tpe goalie.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

09-23-2020, 05:05 PMjRuutu Wrote:
09-23-2020, 04:55 PMBuster Wrote: Or maybe just don’t be an asshole and people won’t let your top earner slide in the draft. This isn’t hard man.

More of a comment on locker rooms and how funny it is to see top level goalie be without a club, can you imagine if Price or someone else on that level could not find a team in Nhl because he could be a douche? Imagine being the gm who says no to him and later in the season notices how their goaltending is a problem, that gm would be in trouble. Fans would be mad, owners would not be pleased.

Yeah remember when the Senators had to trade Hoffman because his fiancé threatened Karlsson’s wife?

Funny. Seems like this thing happens in the real world also.

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

09-23-2020, 03:38 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I'm just glad there's one worse take than mine in this thread now. I mean shit I at least admit I was wrong.

LMAO just saw this. If you stick around long enough, there will always be a worse take. I call it the Mississippi Effect. "If it wasn't for Mississippi, Alabama would be the worst state in the union. So you're my Mississippi." - Some movie

(This isn't meant to insult any Alabama or Mississippi folk, never been there, just a quote)

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

09-23-2020, 05:08 PMBuster Wrote:
09-23-2020, 05:05 PMjRuutu Wrote: More of a comment on locker rooms and how funny it is to see top level goalie be without a club, can you imagine if Price or someone else on that level could not find a team in Nhl because he could be a douche? Imagine being the gm who says no to him and later in the season notices how their goaltending is a problem, that gm would be in trouble. Fans would be mad, owners would not be pleased.

Yeah remember when the Senators had to trade Hoffman because his fiancé threatened Karlsson’s wife?

Funny. Seems like this thing happens in the real world also.

Thank god the site and discord have mute/block options

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-23-2020, 04:58 PMRomanesEuntDomus Wrote: @jRuutu This attitude towards bad LR influences is not something this league has come up with because we all just want to sing and hold hands together, it's a significant factor in every real life sports team as well. LR cancers or however you wanna call them can directly hurt a teams performance, if people are assholes to their teammates, if they are lazy or rude then it hurts team cohesion and often times, ultimately, your performance on the ice. If there are too many of those people it can lead to bad habits becoming entrenched and a part of the teams culture, if its only a few then their behaviour can still lead to fights and arguments in the locker room, to teammates not willing to give it their all for each other anymore, to yelling and arguing during or right before/after the game or to players making the wrong on-ice decisions. Ultimately, if those things become public it can lead to people asking out or leaving in FA, or to new players not wanting to join the team, just as it does happen around here.

All true what you said.

I just want to say that in shl world teams should put bit more effort in making sure active players have a team to play in, especially if they sign inactives. Not just in my case, or in Slash's case but in general as well.

As mentioned, they can be just players in the roster without access to locker room, still some do not find a way to make it work, that is just silly.

09-23-2020, 05:10 PMLeoben Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:38 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I'm just glad there's one worse take than mine in this thread now. I mean shit I at least admit I was wrong.

LMAO just saw this.  If you stick around long enough, there will always be a worse take.  I call it the Mississippi Effect.  "If it wasn't for Mississippi, Alabama would be the worst state in the union.  So you're my Mississippi." - Some movie

(This isn't meant to insult any Alabama or Mississippi folk, never been there, just a quote)

Forgot to mention, congrats on 1600 TPE!

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

09-23-2020, 04:23 PMjRuutu Wrote: I would certainly pick Slash/Serpe and good LR if they are in better position to win something.

I don't even know how I'd be able to sell someone on the Ruutu/Slash/Serpe LR. I'd be better off running 8 Aggressive forecheckers with no 3C and just never signing in again.

/s

Jokes aside, i want it to be clear that I'm not saying Slash is awful or something. I stated that I like him, and when you get to know him you realize he's a great dude, as @trella said. I was just saying that I had heard that line from FAs so many times, not that I was thinking how they were.

e

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

09-23-2020, 05:13 PMjRuutu Wrote:

All true what you said.

I just want to say that in shl world teams should put bit more effort in making sure active players have a team to play in, especially if they sign inactives. Not just in my case, or in Slash's case but in general as well.

As mentioned, they can be just players in the roster without access to locker room, still some do not find a way to make it work, that is just silly.

shut up cunt

09-23-2020, 01:21 PMhockeyfan Wrote: He should position change to defense if he wants to play this season.

That’s a hard pill to swallow.. Cain has close too hall of fame numbers.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria