Create Account

Aleister Cain

09-23-2020, 05:13 PMluketd Wrote:
09-23-2020, 05:10 PMLeoben Wrote: LMAO just saw this.  If you stick around long enough, there will always be a worse take.  I call it the Mississippi Effect.  "If it wasn't for Mississippi, Alabama would be the worst state in the union.  So you're my Mississippi." - Some movie

(This isn't meant to insult any Alabama or Mississippi folk, never been there, just a quote)

Forgot to mention, congrats on 1600 TPE!

Thanks! Not bad for someone who missed his first two seasons more or less. Next player will be better. I really like your nomad idea.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

09-23-2020, 05:11 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
09-23-2020, 05:08 PMBuster Wrote: Yeah remember when the Senators had to trade Hoffman because his fiancé threatened Karlsson’s wife?

Funny. Seems like this thing happens in the real world also.

Thank god the site and discord have mute/block options

So a really cool thing about the mute option on the forums is, if you decide to click the little "show message" button of a muted user, it still doesn't give you reply options. So that one time you inevitably ignore the reason you muted them in the first place and open up that message to see that hot take and go "Oh, why I oughta reply to this person and give them a piece of my mind!" the forum literally won't let you without going through the effort unmuting the person. And let's be honest, you're not gonna do that! You muted them for a reason!

It's like having an invisible angel on your shoulder keeping you from doing a big dumb like clicking a gross yellow reply button.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

09-23-2020, 05:08 PMBuster Wrote:
09-23-2020, 05:05 PMjRuutu Wrote: More of a comment on locker rooms and how funny it is to see top level goalie be without a club, can you imagine if Price or someone else on that level could not find a team in Nhl because he could be a douche? Imagine being the gm who says no to him and later in the season notices how their goaltending is a problem, that gm would be in trouble. Fans would be mad, owners would not be pleased.

You dont have that element in here.

Yeah remember when the Senators had to trade Hoffman because his fiancé threatened Karlsson’s wife?

Hoffman went to Florida, right? Golden boy Barkov plays in there, nice kid. Certainly someone you dont want near people like Hoffman, but still they played together and still do, wow

For what it's worth Slash was a delight to have as a GM when I was drafted to his team in the NSHL(?) a while back.

Hope you can find a home for s56!

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

09-23-2020, 05:16 PMjRuutu Wrote:
09-23-2020, 05:08 PMBuster Wrote: Yeah remember when the Senators had to trade Hoffman because his fiancé threatened Karlsson’s wife?

Hoffman went to Florida, right? Golden boy Barkov plays in there, nice kid. Certainly someone you dont want near people like Hoffman, but still they played together and still do, wow

And now he’s going to free agency! Fun. At least they didn’t have to cut him though like New England had to cut your stupid ass

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

09-23-2020, 05:18 PMBuster Wrote:
09-23-2020, 05:16 PMjRuutu Wrote: Hoffman went to Florida, right? Golden boy Barkov plays in there, nice kid. Certainly someone you dont want near people like Hoffman, but still they played together and still do, wow

And now he’s going to free agency! Fun. At least they didn’t have to cut him though like New England had to cut your stupid ass
Thats nice

09-23-2020, 02:29 PMLeoben Wrote: .

Coach Izzy

Andreas Kvalheim - Aaron Wilson - Julio Tokolosh
 Matt Kholin - Monkey D. Luffy - Simon LeBlanc
 Alex Winters - Tony Pepperoni - Kaarlo Kekkonen

Rex Kirkby - Guy Zheng
Tig Murphy - Andrej Doskočil
Adam Scianna -Samuel Michaud

Kata Vilde
A Jobin

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

09-23-2020, 05:25 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
09-23-2020, 02:29 PMLeoben Wrote: .

Coach Izzy

Andreas Kvalheim - Aaron Wilson - Julio Tokolosh
 Matt Kholin - Monkey D. Luffy - Simon LeBlanc
 Alex Winters - Tony Pepperoni - Kaarlo Kekkonen

Rex Kirkby - Guy Zheng
Tig Murphy - Andrej Doskočil
Adam Scianna -Samuel Michaud

Kata Vilde
A Jobin

Sad

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

09-23-2020, 05:22 PMjRuutu Wrote:
09-23-2020, 05:18 PMBuster Wrote: And now he’s going to free agency! Fun. At least they didn’t have to cut him though like New England had to cut your stupid ass
Thats nice

Let’s talk Brendan Leipsic next. Though, you’re closer to a Bill Peters honestly.

09-23-2020, 02:12 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: This thread makes me sad.

Fuck this site man. Like it’s so sad it comical.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 05:37 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

Damn all 17 pages were good reads....

Slash has been a loyal servant to the league and 1 whom has built a hall of fame esk goalie. We as a league have to figure out a way to rectify this..

if you are a team that can use a great goalie like Cain, but may not personally agree with Cains wording in the past etc.. then sign him But do not add him to the LR.. slash has tons of discord channels to hang out in I’m sure and friends to talk with here.. I’m sure he would be fine with that if it means having his player on the ice until the right team makes an offer.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

09-23-2020, 05:28 PMBuster Wrote:
09-23-2020, 05:22 PMjRuutu Wrote: Thats nice

Let’s talk Brendan Leipsic next. Though, you’re closer to a Bill Peters honestly.
Im not, thank you very much. Not a fan of either.

Going to head off now, but i'll read more into both cases tomorrow and we can continue in pm for example!

09-23-2020, 05:37 PMjRuutu Wrote:
09-23-2020, 05:28 PMBuster Wrote: Let’s talk Brendan Leipsic next. Though, you’re closer to a Bill Peters honestly.
Im not, thank you very much. Not a fan of either.

Going to head off now, but i'll read more into both cases tomorrow and we can continue in pm for example!

Please don’t PM me.

09-23-2020, 03:56 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:34 PMjRuutu Wrote: Not enough room is one thing, but another issue is how more and more managers run their teams to be book clubs for the elderly: 'tea and biscuits on the counter, let's take turns on discussing this weeks book, but please watch the language - Marylyn said a bad word last week and we do not want to have that discussion again.' 

What happened to wanting to win championships and to the rivalries? Is there no value in signing a quality player for free IF there is room and then potentially looking into trading that player for an asset at the deadline?

Way too much value is put to locker rooms in this league especially, great if people get along and share similar interests, but lets be 100% honest, there are better forums for discussions than whatever SHL can offer.

There are too many wannabe chatroom moderators working as general managers who love nothing more than having 15 users agreeing with each other in a locker room. How about you get rid of those inactives in your team and do some actual general managing for once? Lazy, lazy, lazy.

You can talk about the caps and whatever contract limits, but I think the HO should start hiring some hockey minds into these management positions.

yeah, yeah, I know, i shouldnt reply to these, yadayada, whatever.

but im gonna because i dont wanna do my structures hw so here we go.

This take is objectively wrong. For starters - more tpe invested in the goalie position leads to swiftly diminishing returns. You spend more cap and cant get much actual proper in-sim results back for it. Unfortunate, but that's how the sim engine works. Goalies peak at about 900-1100 (give or take i think) tpe.

Secondly, a teams locker room is the most important asset they have to retain and bring in new assets. Look at what joe wrote earlier in the thread - NOLA was losing out on free agents because they had serpe on their team. if a team were to bring slash in and piss off half of their LR, makin them leave in free agency or simply lose the drive to keep updating, thats a hefty mf price to pay for a very expensive, theoretically slightly better, goalie.

The path to success in the SHL is building a team centered around the locker room. A group of people who enjoy playing with each other, driving each other to stay active, and keep updating. I wasn't the finest co-gm, but that was my philosophy when i was Manhattan co-gm. That core won a cup and has stayed competitive for seasons - and they all enjoy playing with each other.

lastly, this:

Quote:Is there no value in signing a quality player for free IF there is room and then potentially looking into trading that player for an asset at the deadline?

dude if u can sign him for free what makes u think somebody gon be payin for him at the deadline kekw

Bro gecko can you make me that MS Paint Anchorman cover please?

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

09-23-2020, 05:16 PMztevans Wrote:
09-23-2020, 05:11 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote: Thank god the site and discord have mute/block options

So a really cool thing about the mute option on the forums is, if you decide to click the little "show message" button of a muted user, it still doesn't give you reply options.  So that one time you inevitably ignore the reason you muted them in the first place and open up that message to see that hot take and go "Oh, why I oughta reply to this person and give them a piece of my mind!" the forum literally won't let you without going through the effort unmuting the person.  And let's be honest, you're not gonna do that! You muted them for a reason!

It's like having an invisible angel on your shoulder keeping you from doing a big dumb like clicking a gross yellow reply button.

Lmao yeah so true, very nice Cool

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]