Create Account

S56 mPT #0 - Bold (ish) Predictions

Quote:There will be no major scandals during the season

While we almost always have some kind of problems, considering the insane amount of issues we've had last season, it should be a relatively quiet season. I think everyone will be on high alert, and with some probations I think having gone around lately, it's going to be a calm time for a season. Don't worry, it's cyclical though and as holiday blues start to hit for S57, we'll see some new issues arise.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

The winner of the McBride Award (top goaltender) will come from the Atlantic Division

Is this even a bold take? with Larson as well as awesome dark horses like myself, as well as Cain no longer being on NOLA, I don't see how this WON'T be the case to be honest. The only real competitor is Doyle.

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Code:
Neither expansion team will make the playoffs
WRONG. The Atlanta Inferno have made very calculated moves this off-season, may it be with the expansion draft, or in free agency. This resulted in a line-up that, quite frankly, already towers over two of their opponents in the Atlantic, in Baltimore and Tampa Bay. I think the Inferno are poised to roar out of the gates in their inaugural season, maybe even snagging 2nd place in the division, behind the behemoth that is the Manhattan Rage.

(79 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

Someone from the S53 draft class will win rookie of the year

Not Bold! The s53 class is filled with gems such as Steve Harrington of the Buffalo Stampede, Ryuuji Minamino of the Chicago Syndicate, Jimmy Wagner of the LA Panthers, and Patric Twist of the Atlanta Inferno. In Buffalo, Steve Harrington is already lighting it up with 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 games, right in among stars such as Daniel Smeb and Hippo Passamus. Ryuuji was constantly up for discussion for the MVP award in the SMJHL the past few seasons, and will look to continue his dominance in Chicago. Wagner and Twist will both be put into positions to succeed, playing a bit higher up in their lineups, as their teams forwards groups aren't as stacked as the top teams in the league. This will allow them to get more ice time and have a bigger impact on their teams seasons.

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Code:
Chicago will win the President's Trophy

No way Chicago can win the President's Trophy, they will have a good season but being in a division with Buffalo and Hamilton I'm not sure they stand a chance winning their division let alone the whole league.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Code:
The Nevada Battleborn will win the Four Star Cup

This is the hottest take of the century. Unless their players made massive strides in the offseason I don't see this happening. These guys were a mixed bag of low tpe players to begin with. They need to have some serious improvements in their skill department to even have a chance at getting to the conference finals.

[Image: panico.png]

Code:
The long reign of Edmonton and Calgary is over - neither of these teams will finish the season atop the Northwest Division standings

You know they say all teams are created equal, but you look at the Jets and you look at Edmonton and you can see that statement is not true!  See normally, if you go 1 on 1 with another NW team, you got a 50/50 chance of winning! But the Jets are genetic FREAKS and we're not NORMAL! So they got a 25% chance at best to BEAT US!  And then you add Calgary to the mix, your chances of winning DRASTICALLY go down.  See the 3 way in the NW, you got a 33 and 1/3 chance of winning, but the Jets, we got a 66 and 2/3 change of winning, because Calgary KNOWS they can't beat us and they're not even gonna try!

So Edmonton, you take your 33 and 1/3 chance, minus our 25% chance and you got an 8 and 1/3 chance of winning the NW.  But then you take our 75% chance of winning, if we were to go 1 on 1, and then add 66 and 2/3 per cents, we got 141 and 2/3 chance of winning the NW.  See Edmonton, these numbers don't lie, and they spell fitted for you in the NW division.

Gojets

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Quote:Monkey D Luffy, extra TPE and all, will have a worse season than he did in S55

Against. That makes... little sense, actually. He plays for Buffalo and will have more TPE to use to better his player. Unless something really weird happens with the whole team, I'm pretty sure Luffy will do even better.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Quote:There will be no major scandals during the season
This is not a bold prediction to me because I have no idea what the current rate of major scandals per season and there is no way it can be one a season right?

[Image: snail.png]

Code:
Neither expansion team will make the playoffs

Not only is this not bold, it's barely even a take. The top end of the league is way too far away from the bulk of the team that it would take a miracle for one of these teams to make it in their first season.

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

Code:
Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will

Okay, as a member of the Pride I might be a bit biased here, but I still feel Tampa Bay will be the cellar dwellers this year. We may have a bunch of inactives but we also have me and I'm, you know, pretty okay, right? Also, I feel like we're in a bit of an easier conference so that may allow us to squeak out a few wins. Above all, I trust the new GM team to do everything they can to get us all the wins they can.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

Code:
Someone from the S53 draft class will win rookie of the year

So this isn't really bold and I'll say because the difference between a top earning s54 and s53 is about 200 TPE. This is the difference in starting the season at 950ish vs 750. A 54 player can be competitive, but a well built 53 will have a strong leg up this season over their rookie counterpart. Throw in the fact that looking at the s53 class they are pretty good, with a lot of high potential players to win it.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

The Toronto North Stars will finish with fewer points than the Seattle Argonauts

This is completely false, with Seattle being an expansion team, they will be the bottom feeders of the league for the first season or two. Seeing as it is the Argonauts first season, it would not surprise me if they finish with either the least or second least.

[Image: boriscontestsubmission.jpg][Image: bashbros.jpg]

Fight Record: 39 Fights, 28 Wins, 2 Losses, 9 Ties/Breakups

Hits Tracker

SMJHL S55: 326 Hits (Record)
SMJHL S56: 164 Hits
SMJHL S57: 30 Hits

Total Hits: 520

Code:
There will be no major scandals during the season

I think this is my 11th season on the site, out of those seasons I'd guess I've seen about 5 major scandals (guess it really depends on your definition of major scandal).  So, basically it seems like every other season we have a scandal, and since we kinda of had one this past season with the player roles, I do not think we will have another one this season.  Sound logic, right?

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

The long reign of Edmonton and Calgary is over - neither of these teams will finish the season atop the Northwest Division standings

This is wrong, as both Edmonton and Calgary still look much better on paper than their NW Division counterparts with a lot of high end players that will make it difficult to lose games. Edmonton will probably win the cup.