Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 10:27 AM by Fluw.)

For this segment I will focus on the Colorado Raptors, who had a hot start to the season but then have been struggling ever since. Honestly It is kind of hard to say what will work, and what to change. The team is getting extremely unlucky, as he typically outshoot teams and still end up losing and we can't convert on our chances. Maybe a shake up of the roster might do something? Personally I would trade myself, I am a playmaker that is currently struggling with the Raptor set up and it would seem my player just doesn't mesh well with the team archetype. I would replace myself with a goalscorer as it would see we need more of those, and less playmaking types as I am. Would this improve the team? I think so, I think the team needs a little shake up to perform better, but hey that's just me. (153 words)

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 11:00 AM by Ohtaay.)

[Image: washer-and-dryer-repair-e1525385690393.j...height=696]

[Image: Oats.gif]

[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

When it comes to the New England Wolfpack we have a real strong defensive core right now. But we are lacking on the forward side of things. We have a good prospect pool for forwards, but with FHM it is gonna take another two seasons or so before they will be able to actually make a mark. Since sub 1000 TPE players don't stand out too much.

So how can we fix this? Well, we want to keep locker room culture as great as it's always been. This to keep our prospects excited about the team and willing to stick around. Also there should be some eyes on trading blocks to try and use some of our picks to exchange for forwards. And preferably forwards that are ready to play in the big league right away. Of course, with the current state of the team we don't want players that have entered or are too close to regression since they will likely miss our next window. Or at least have passed their peak by the time it opens up for us.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

It’s no secret that what is holding the Texas Renegades back is the giant, gaping hole they have for a sixth defenseman. I’m not trying to be mean to the guy, and it said don’t single anyone out, but come on. They would have a better result if they slapped a jersey on a pylon. What a fucking loser. Not to mention they call him up with four other rookies that are god damn studs. If you line them up it looks like they entered a donkey in the Kentucky derby. What a clown.

And the kicker is the guy thinks he belongs. Jesus Christ, “I was plus the three!” Fuck you! You coat tail riding piece of shit! Everyone else did stuff while I STOOD THERE AND LOOKED LIKE A FUCKING CONE IN A UNIFORM! YAY FUCKING ME!

You’re a loser, you’re out of your depth, you’re out of your league.

Go fuck yourself Joseph Fantobens.

Texas fix it.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

This is gonna be a hot take but NOLA sucks. Ok maybe not a hot take but anyway my reasoning for this is simple. Nicolaj Muller leads the team in points as second line forward. This can only mean one thing. Okay, maybe it can mean several things, but what I mean is that the first line isn't working properly. I personally think that this is due to the lack of production on the first line. Somehow nicolaj has 2 points on while shorthanded. Somebody trade this guy. He can put up points but can't support his team. I am so shocked and appalled at his performance. The only way to fix this is to trade the whole team away for Slash and future considerations. That is too much value, sorry. A bag of pucks seems to be equivalent to their net value. Good luck NOLA. Sucks to suck i guess.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

There is a glaring weak point of almost every team in the SHL. It affects 17 of the 18 teams in the big leagues and there's no easy way to fix it. The problem is, most all teams have a surprising lack of Jobin. I can hear the skeptics now, "But there are so many other goalies in the league, too many to be honest." and that may be true, but are any other goalies named Jobin? I didn't think so. "What makes Jobin so great? I've heard he's terrible at remembering to do PT's and isn't even a top earner in his class." Who said this?! I need to know because they need to be educated in how wrong they are. "Couldn't you stick a wet cat in front of Hammy's net and it would still stop as many shots as Jobin does?" No, I don't think it would. We have the same reflexes, but I am larger. It's an easy enough fix, get a Jobin. The hard part is finding one.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

PBE Affiliate

I'll look at one of the big-league teams today, which I think needs a change. I don't want to offend anyone, personally, but I think there is one team that is a pronounced painthood. It's a team from San Francisco. The team is unable to reach the targets that have been pinned, perhaps the goal is to rebuild the team now to bring in new whips, but I think this should be accelerated a bit, because it is starting to drag on and players might lose their interest in this team. Then I considered my thoughts and figured out what could be changed in this case to improve the situation in the team. First, if I were given an opportunity, then I would change the location for the team. And to be more interesting, I would base it in Europe or anywhere else in the world except America. Further try to sort out budget cases so that wages are not overpaid for those who don't really deserve them. Finally, it would be to improve the outside shape of the team and attract people to create a positive image, even if the victories were not as easy as desirable. Of course, it's not possible without a great team or coaching headquarters that would help with a variety of issues about and around the team. So, in my opinion, localisation, outside form and team coaches can change the situation about and around the team.

Toronto's biggest need is still active high earning players. Of course, that's the name of the game in the SHL and it's not easy to come by. We just had to trade away two of our top prospects and while we did get amazing assets in return, it hurts the team to lose potential top earners. I think Toronto needs stronger depth down the middle and it needs it defense to fill out a bit. The winger situation is pretty decent in Toronto right now. I think in general Toronto is setup for a lot of success in the near future, but to win now, they would need to make some trades selling off some prospects for bigger names now if they want to fit the Carpet and Kandinsky window. It might be possible for those two to fight off regression for long enough that the prospects really flood the team and everyone starts to hit over 1k tpe, but it remains to be seen. The best part about Toronto is the team culture though, so I wouldn't want to change much in that department even if it meant bringing in higher earners.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

There are several teams that I'd like to see undergo minor branding changes. For the Jets I had wanted to change branding for a while but ran into a roadblock in terms of compensation and me being stressed out of the disaster I was dealing with, but now the conversation is coming up again. I had wanted Manitoba Maulers, with a thematic similar to the Newfoundland Growlers of the AHL. A black and brown theme would be unique-ish amongst the SHL, instead of sharing similar colour schemes with other teams.

Another team I think needs a (more minor) rebrand is the New England Wolfpack. Seeing the NFL Detroit Lions using a grey alt that seemed well-regarded amongst jersey lovers, I feel like a grey/green/white uni could work for the Wolfpack instead of black. Maybe kenvald can get a graphics guy to workshop that idk.

I would like to also see the Seattle Argonauts change their forum banner logo to remove the word Argonauts and just be the ship, or maybe some alternate logo with an argonaut captain of some description looking mean. @notorioustig look into that mebbe cause that one really bugs me for some reason, and surely other OCD people have brought it up that Seattle is the only team with words in the banner.

Also, I would like to change noted Winnipeg Jets scrub Nick Brain into an elite player to fix that Jets weakness, but that may be asking too much of anyone involved. Tongue

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Former Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger -  Aurora  Stars

The SHL team Antonescu is currently under contract for while he develops, the San Francisco Pride, are struggling this season. This comes at little surprise, as the clear intention for the team is to rebuild over the next couple of seasons. However, it appears clear that the Pride's focus should be on continuing to draft and develop forwards and defenseman. The Pride are very settled in at net, with Kryyst and Kavanagh forming a formidable duo. The goaltending situation is very optimal, with Kavanagh the clear long-term option seasons away from regression, and with an additional two goalies in the pipeline, they are in a surplus position going forward. The weaknesses on skaters can be addressed with quality picks and patience, as San Francisco has some great quality skater prospects developing in the SMJHL. The best thing the Pride can do going forward is to shore up their prospect pool by trading regressing vets as rentals for picks and prospects, and ride the wave of strong young skaters into the next era.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

There are a couple things that need to be fixed for the Colorado Raptors to improve their current skid in the standings and become the team that on paper, should be a legitimate SMJHL contender. The first thing is change of luck. The Raptors team has very strong possession numbers with Juni Panda and Rocko Strong being top 5 in the entire league. Normally when a team controls the puck and puts pucks on net, they tend to go in more than they should right now. If luck changes even just a little bit, then the Raptors should see a huge improvement.

The second thing that needs to be fixed is the Raptors falling behind early and often even while retaining strong possession numbers. This starts with the starting netminder Yanno Rosejac who currently sports the 4th worst Goals Against Average and the third worst save percentage of all starters in the league. Rosejac is still young so he will have time to improve and hopefully come playoff time he finds his footing and will help lead the Raptors to the promise land.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Fileworker PT pass.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

The Detroit Falcons have quite the problem. Just three seasons ago, they dominated their way to a Four Star Cup. Now they sit, 17 games in, at an abismal 2-14-1. There are many issues here but let us just focus on a few big ones. The first is their goaltending. They are riding the back of Odinson so hard this season and have yet to let the poor man take a breather. He's not the worst goalie in the league though, sitting at a 3.91 GAA and a .908 sv% through 15 games. He is going to be extremely worn out by the end of the season unless they can make a late season waiver pickup. That's not all that is going wrong. The key difference between their championship season and the following one is the number of shots they are allowing. The shots allowed spiked over 400 going from season 53 to season 54. Currently Odinson is sitting at 640 shots against which 8 fewer than Jobin faced in the entirety of season 53. The team is just not equipped with enough strong talent to limit the shots. Detroit has 11 of the top 15 in shots allowed per 60 minutes. That is just an issue. I would not be surprised to see their possession numbers be in the tank. Now how can they fix this issue? The biggest thing is building up that defense. It was their key to success seasons ago. Forwards should also be focusing on the defensive game as well. The goalie can only stop so much so limit the shots that get to the net.

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

So I'm going to focus on San Francisco in this, but there are other teams that this could apply to. There are a few things that you learn with experience and they will eventually learn them, but this is why you need to get people with some form of experience into these jobs.

1) Contract structure and budgeting can be difficult, I understand that. It's hard to map out seasons in advance, trying to map out say 3 seasons or more so 5 seasons in advance is sometimes impossible. However, that's something the good teams do is look ahead and see what the value they're actually giving or using is. When I look at a team with a newer GM like San Francisco, I see a lot of draft picks being signed for 3 season entry level contracts. That is a mistake. Giving a player right out of the draft 3 years is a way that you handcuff yourself to bad contracts on inactives, as it's guaranteed that not all of them will work out and now you're stuck with that money on the books. While some of it is going to be just that junior cap for 500K or 1M, that's a lot of money when you're starting to get competitive in a few seasons and calling up everybody. If you look 3 seasons ahead, they start paying an extra 1.5M for Bjerg, 2M for Stromberg and Antonescu among others. Meanwhile you have new rookies also coming in that you're trying to give as much money as you can to, and now you've got dead cap on your books because you didn't want to do a shorter team 1 or 2 year deal when that can be a motivating factor while also saving you from eating some hard cap punishments from past you.

2) Recognize your window. When I became GM in Manhattan, I realized I had a lot of S42 picks and didn't have much before then or after. So I quickly identified my timeline and my window with the goal being to win the Cup sometime between S50-S55, which we did. I focused on getting picks in S41, S42 and S43. I parlayed some of those picks into additional picks at important times as well. I then supplemented them with fewer players who are from S44, S45 and S46. It was about careful planning of the core group being all aged at the same time. Look at similarly a team like San Francisco which has a prospect group that is S55 and S56 heavy, but is holding on to their S50s and S51s. Now is the time their value is very high, and you can recognize they'll be in their 14th or 15th seasons, getting hit with that 15% hard regression as the core of their group starts to hit their prime. If you move them now, you get picks that are complementary of your core group and are hitting that peak at the same time, allowing you to extend your window longer rather than seeing it shrink because your depth is aging quickly.

3) Focus on the personal relationships. If you build first personal relationships with people, those on your team or not, you will keep them around or bring them in. You have to show that you want to know them, want to be around them, that you are a true friend to them. If you're not somebody who can be outgoing and talkative, you may have a hard time developing that locker room culture that really drives activity and makes people work for you and work for success. I won't comment on other teams, some have different personalities that their style works best for, but I hear often how other teams have a "dead" locker room and how shocked people are by how active ours is and how it's like a "junior" locker room. It all comes down to how you present the team and how you work as a GM. You should be pushing things and making things better and you should be actively accepting criticism in order to do so.

These are a few things that I personally see as issues in current front offices in the league and that could be definitely worked on.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE