Create Account

S56 PT #2 - Fix It

I do not believe there is any hope of fixing Detroit at this juncture. I think fixing what is happening left the building 17 losses ago. I think the big thing that Detroit needs to do now is to ensure they get younger, they get more talent in the roster that is growing, so that in 2-3 seasons time when that talent is budding into their 4th/5th seasons, they are a contender with multiple capped players. Right now the team is green, they are raw, and they have several first years and sophomore's playing main roles too early. That's what happens with a rebuilding team. I feel the way to fix what is happening, is to make sure at the deadline that you get assets for some of the older players on the team like Dipirov or Blaze. Kekkonen or ever Odinson could be shipped off for young players, good draft pick assets, and some pieces that could help the team be a top team in 3-4 seasons time when players like Granstrom, Giann, and Simonsson are ready to graduate

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

I am currently playing for the Anchorage Armada in the SMJHL. Before the season started, we were seen as one of the top teams in the league, almost no players were called up and our draftees – including me – reached their TPE cap for the first or second time. So what are the weaknesses? Our current biggest weakness is to pull out a win after the other. We lose many close matchups and also get blown out more often than I‘m used to looking at last season. We seldom celebrate blowout wins ourselves, although we create lots of chances. I guess I figured one of our biggest weakness this season, which is use of chances. We tend to outshoot our opponents, but don‘t really get to score. Moreover we get a lot of breakaway goals against, which is another big issue at the moment. Combine that and we are were we are record-wise.

My biggest hope is that we continously improve and adjust our strategies, to make use of the top team we have currently. Not even the first half of the season is played yet, and we‘ll find our luck and effectivity to make a strong statement down the road.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

The biggest issue for the Whalers to date in S56 has been an inability to win with Name Redacted in net. There is absolutely no question what's so ever that they are better with Jon St. Ark in net. The issue seems to be an inability of the offense to score when Name Redacted is in net. Jon St. Ark just gets much more goal support and the result is the Whalers score way more goals when he is in, and as such end up winning a significantly higher percentage of their games with St. Ark and not Redacted. Look at their little win streak they are putting together, mostly thanks to Redacted being called up. The solution to this issue is simple. Tell the skaters that St. Ark is in net always. Then give Redacted starts. But the key here is the skaters should not know that Redacted is in net.
{152 words}

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

Not to take a shot at anybody but on the Inferno roster there is one big issue. Carlos Brown.

That good for nothing loser had the nerve to start the season very well, mostly thanks to being carried by his linemates whose back must be aching by now. He is now starting to revert back to the mean and god is that gonna be a huge crash if you look at his stats. The guy is overproducing more than almost anyone in the league. Atlanta has to do something quick before he brings down this promising team with him.

Also, word around the locker rooom is he went MIA recently and doesn't really talk as much as when he was drafted. Clearly, he just wanted his long term deal and he's in coast mode already. It's really a damn shame that he manipulated hotdog into drafting him when he was gonna be such a dissapointment.

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

The Toronto North stars and well known around the league for their drafting and development in recent years. To go along with established stars Harry Carpet, Mika Kandinsky, and Bobby Lane, the North Stars have added Ruslan Zaporozhets, First-name Last-name, Rhys Pritchard, Danny Maston, Taylor Johansson, Axel Meszaros among others via draft, trades and free agency. This is to say nothing about their prospect pipeline which includes budding stars Ryu Jones, Liam Slate, Ryosuke Sato, Sarah Burke, Juni Panda and Scoochie Stratton (technically). The problem for the North Stars, it seems, has less to do with their internal talent, and more to do with the talent on the rest of the teams their division. Hamilton, Buffalo and Chicago could each make a convincing case for the best team in the SHL and all three will certainly make the playoffs. SHL rules dictate that the top 3 teams in each division make the playoffs, therefore seemingly no matter what the North Stars are able to do this season, they will be one the outside looking in on not only these playoffs but likely the next few years’ playoffs as well. Highlighting this problem is the fact that the New England Wolfpack, despite having similar average TPE to the North Stars and currently being in a state of retooling/rebuilding, are currently in a position to make the playoffs thanks to a weaker division and thus weaker schedule. My proposal to fix the problem that Toronto is facing is to eliminate the divisions and allow the six best teams to make the playoffs regardless of division. Since the schedule isn’t weighted within division anyway, the divisions do nothing except provide an unnecessary barrier to good teams in good divisions making the playoffs.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

PBE Welfare

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

PBE

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Hamilton is flying high and doing really well in the sim, basically leading in scoring around the league, and really dominating in the offensive zone. Hamilton has been known as a strong defensive team for a long time but losing both Murphy and Zheng in the offseason the team has really lost a lot of depth on defense. To be honest if it's me running the team I probably wouldn't change much, just ask the team to focus on improving defense ahead of other areas. Adding a high tpe defenseman would be great, but you don't want to sacrifice the front end in order to shore up the back, with the way this team is playing you really don't have to make any changes. Jobin keeps getting better and the new additions on defense, who are a step down from what was lost, are stepping in and taking their roles well.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

It's not easy to trade one of the longest-tenured players on the team, but the Hamilton Steelhawks absolutely have to get rid of Gabriel Johnson if they are serious about winning. He's too much of a liability on the ice, his teammates hate him because they know he's getting special treatment, it would be an addition by subtraction. Say what you want about the traitor Tig Murphy and his disappointing early years in Hamilton, but he really blossomed into a true #1 defenseman over the last 3-4 seasons. Murphy could play in all situations and do it all, which was a big reason for Hamilton's success. Now Murphy is not on this team anymore but I think Samuel Michaud, Ray Bork and Guy O'Shea are ready to fill his shoes. However, Hamilton coaches find themselves in a situation where they are basically forced to give Gabriel "I wanna be a winger" Johnson 23 minutes a night because of his draft pedigree, his albatross contract and his ties to management. Trade him and I promise the team will start playing much better.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

A current weak spot of the Baltimore Platoon is the current quality of players on the roster. Yes, they’re rebuilding and yes, there are a metric ton of prospects now in the pipeline. But the fact is, they currently have four players at or above 1000 TPE. Of these, one is currently in regression. With the new SHL being extremely tough on weaker TPE teams, the Platoon is in a bad spot for the next few seasons, until at least S59 or S60 IF their prospects pan out the way they hope they do.
So how does one deal with this? Well honestly, there is not much else to do but wait and hope that the prospects pan out. A lot of picks and players have been traded from Baltimore in recent seasons for the current crop of prospects. The picks cupboard is missing a few quality things (notably some first round picks in the coming seasons). It is now just a wait and see on whether or not their new young core will rise the SHL ranks or fall flat in the basement once more.

(186 words)

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

The Colorado Raptors weak spot is in the depth of its defensive unit and goaltending, exacerbated by tactics that just aren’t working. The team has very promising rookies that are rapidly developing at these positions, but for the time being the team is struggling by letting up way too many goals. While not uncommon for rookies to struggle, the amount the team is struggling is beyond belief. It’s not fair to blame rookies coming into the league and doing their best to make an impact, sometimes things just don’t go your way and get bad puck luck. Colorado players have some of the worst PDO’s in the entire league and team management is doing everything in their power to try strategies that make up for roster weaknesses. The only strategy is to keep staying the course and keeping morale high with the improving rookies. Team management is certainly taking a hard look at strategies and testing what works in an alternate universe, unfortunately these results don’t seem to carry over into the real world as the nature of time and space is a mystery to us all.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

The Seattle Argonauts have only won five games so far. They are the second worst team in the western conference. They have a lot of weakness and it’s going to be hard to fix it. First off, they need to bring another goalie. Nolan McMahon is the worst starter in the league even if the team has a very good defensive group. The team needs to replace him as soon as possible because they have no chance of making it to the playoffs with him as their starting goaltender. They also need more depth forwards. They only have two goalscorers. Knute Knurtsson has scored only one goal in 18 games. You need more than one line to win a game in this league. Finally, the team needs to re sign all of their FA because they are the best players on the team. Bo Kane is an elite player and you don’t want to lose him for nothing. Same thing for Cassius Darrow and Satoshi Zizagooney.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

I think its hard to choose just one weak spot when talking about the Hamilton Steelhawks, so lets just address them all. Let's start with the roster! Hamilton puts too much stock in Theo Morgan, while all of their other players do jack shit. Skao Anazibf especially does just about nothing, and lets the corpse of Robert Phelps carry him to somewhat mediocre play. Its truly disgusting. Next, the management is just complete doo doo ass cheeks. Gabriel Johnson is hated universally around the league, and Hallsy is just not an intelligent man. How can they possibly lead this team when their combined IQ is 28. Next, the branding. What on earth is a Steelhawk? A hawk made of steel? I doubt it, the logo doesn't seem to suggest this, and honestly even if the hawk was covered in steel, it would probably hamper its ability to take flight. Lastly, the location. Who the fuck wants to play in Hamilton, Ontario. Just play in Toronto right? The Steelhawks are a hopeless franchise, to fix them, you would need to burn it all to the ground.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

At the moment, the Kraken's biggest weakness is defense. Losing Cuddles to call up at the start of the season and surprisingly losing Hutton right before the start of the season has significantly hurt the defense lineup. After the top pairing of Foley and Friedland, there are no players above 238 TPE on the back end. This lack of depth could hurt against deeper teams with deeper offenses. I think the best way to fix this is to acquire players through the draft or potentially the trade deadline. It's always hard to tell who will become available at what time on the trade front so it's easier to plan for the draft. In this regard, the Kraken should heavily focus on defenders for the upcoming draft as it's likely Foley and Friedland are called up next season, further depleting the defense core. Even with defenders added at the draft, it will be difficult as these players will be lower TPE still and require time to gain attributes. The game plan might just have to be winning games 6-5 rather than 3-2 or 2-1.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]