Create Account

Whaler Open Season In A Flurry

[Image: th_whalerNormfinal_zpsdd71e5cd.jpg]
Good afternoon Whaler fans...You got the RdNk coming to you live from the studio. Well folks what more could you ask for from your beloved Whalers. They opened the season up on the road in a pretty tough building. The team started out shaky and we were wondering if all the hype surrounding this young squad was for not...

[Image: Chicago-Blackhawks-end-St-Louis-Blues-do...136704.jpg]
As the game started out your whalers dropped into a 3-0 hole very quick. It appeared as though this game was over in the first period. The Chicago team was beating the Whalers to the puck all over the ice and had zero answers for the onslaught. The defense looked shaky and the offense the same....

[Image: 149035_150434515002917_100001091080249_2...5954_n.jpg]
Once the Whalers dropped into that seamingly black hole...Everyone could hear the newly appointed captain Dave Smith giving his squad a pep talk on the ice.

I gotta tell you the young whalers team could have started to wave the white flag, however almost as quick as the deficit was created. The whalers climbed out of it. It all started when the teams captain decided to grab the bull by the horns and lead his troops. Once it was clear Dave Smith wasn't going to let his first career game end in an embarrassment. He strode down the ice depositing the disk into the 6x4 and thus started the unbelievable comeback.

[Image: 10273770-large.jpg]

By the end of the night the whalers had achieved a victory riding there captains coat tails to a 6-4 win. The Whalers started out very comprehensive almost intimidated by the Chicago team and it's fans. By the end of the night it was clear that this team does have some backbone. It was a great comeback, but there were some passengers in this game.
[Image: 9327364-large.jpg]

Brady Hoperle 19:24 of ice and he won a measly 8/20 draws and looked lost in that game. To be fair though he wasn’t the only one. Actually the Whalers goaltender earned himself an assist. Which turns out was more than the entire second line tonight.
[Image: 0.jpg]
Hoperle said after the game "I was disgusted with my effort. I let my team down, our fans down as well as myself.

[Image: 0.jpg]
Shawn Swerin also was not impressed with his effort. Shawn used some words that we can’t repeat on the show.

Both Hoperle and Swerin did say that they will both be much much better in the next game.

The story of the night certainly wasn't the ineffective second line. It was the emergence of a star in Vancouver. Captain Dave Smith ”Smitty” led the way with 3 goals and 2 assists.

On another note The Whalers draft this year…Wow The team getting both Cerilli and Smith for Miller, and then Hoperle and Swerin late in the draft . Upper management of the Whalers must be upstairs grinning from ear to ear right now.

RdNk grade for this game C+.You never want to be critical of a team win but let’s be honest here. Falling down 3-0 defensive errors all over and no production from the second line. I'd say this is a very fair grade for the contest

[Image: whalersvictory_zps4457a82a.jpg]
Alright let’s get into what happened in the Whalers home opener. I think it's safe to say the Whalers as a whole were not happy with the efforts put forth in the season opener and wanted to come out and show the country what they truly are made of. The crowd was in a frenzy right from the opening of the doors,and before they were seated. This game was over....I mean they came out and absolutely pummeled the opposition for 3 straight periods. Not sure how to break down this game that ended 10-2 for the home town Whalers.

[Image: vermiskipic_zps6c829ca9.jpg]
The blame for the loss certainly cant be put squarely on the shoulders of the goaltending tandem of the Hitmen. Those two goalies will be having nightmares for quite sometime i think. So then what is the story. Was it the inept play that the hitmen displayed or was it the complete dominance of the Home Vancouver squad.

The fans and media were pretty hard on the Whalers second line after the first game...Hoperle and Swerin both said they would be better,but honestly could they have played worse. Anyway it is quite safe to say both players had a bounce back effort. Hoperle with 2 goals and Swerin with a helper.

[Image: hoperleprospect_zps332864da.jpg]
Hoperle said of his first NWJHL goal. "It might not have been a breakaway or a one timer up into the shelf of the net, but i gotta tell you it felt great to get that first goal. It's going into the trophy case. I hadn't even thought about keeping the puck. My linemate's Swerin and Khan picked up the puck and brought it over to the trainer. Pretty cool. After i scored the second goal.I think i really started to settle in and told myself...Ok Brady you can play with these guys. I'm feeling a little loose now. I wont lie to you I was very jacked up in that first game. You know your kinda in awe of what was going on around you".

Hoperle also mentioned the chanting in the building. " Have you ever heard anything like that before. I mean we put up nine and the crowd was insensed. Screaming we want 10. It was amazing and then we gave them 10 and it changed to we want 11.That was a fun game for us players. Especially since it was the majority of the teams players home opener in this league. We can’t get to high on these results. however we have to remain focused. Our coach made certain that we understood the message. We have a tough game coming up with the impact. These two games are over and now it’s time to put all our focus solely into the next match.

RdNk grade for this game A-.. Should have been a plus but the team has some issues with taking to many penalties. Yes we are nit picking here but if this team is truly going to contend. This concern has to be addressed. Ten minors in 2 games. The sin bin trips haven’t hurt the team yet…

NEXT UP
Whalers VS :impact:

This has been the oilcntryrdnk coming to you live from the RdNk studios.Reminding you to spay or neuter your cats and dogs,keep your stick on the ice and may all your women be trashy and easy.

Good Night Now, Popcorn

1077 words 10 pics

Ilike good read Smile

woooooooooooooo nicely done

GO WHALERS!!!!!!!!!! nice job boys and girl... lol

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

I'll pop my scoring cherry soon.

Hope so big guy!!!!

No mention of stud 7th round draft pick James Ryan :( also where can i see stats and stuff?

Quote:Originally posted by stlblues@Oct 1 2012, 01:10 AM
No mention of stud 7th round draft pick James Ryan :(  also where can i see stats and stuff?

Hey James... great performance dude....

You can find pre-season and regular season stats with this link:

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showforum=23

Just need some extra clicking to get to where you want to go Smile

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Look in here sir
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showforum=21

Payment:

Word Count: 1075
Professionalism/Thoroughness: 8.5
Interest: 9/10
Form: 8.5/10

Payment: 550k +50k = 600k

Comments: Good work. Couple spelling/grammar errors but other than that good job Cheers

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Why do I have the best teammates in the league? Smile

Quote:Originally posted by stlblues@Oct 1 2012, 09:00 PM
Why do I have the best teammates in the league? Smile

Well I guess you got lucky cause we are teh shit