Create Account

S56 mPT #4 - Playoff Preview

Anchorage has had a tough season with their underperforming goalies and a downright depressive PDO striking off whatever dominance they have been able to muster up against their opponents. While they are still very much in the mix for second seed in the conference, they will have to hope that at least one of their goalies can reclaim even some semblance of reliability for the playoffs (how about reversing how last season went for you, Scoochie? Wink) and also hope that their collective scoring luck takes a turn for the better if they are to really gain any sort if success in the coming post-season.

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

The battle for the last playoff spot in the North West division of the SHL will be between the Winnipeg Jets, Seattle Argonauts and Minnesota Monarchs. The Jets have the upper hand, and will likely get into the ploofs. Their fate will be the 12th seed in the prelim round, meaning they will get the best team to not win their division, likely the Chicago Syndicate. The best they can hope from there would be not to get swept! [79 words]

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

The Toronto North Stars are going to make a late push and surprise everyone & make a run... okay I can dream, can't I? I think it will be a typical playoff this year where the rich get richer.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

With the playoffs rearing their face once more, I hope to see this year a surprise winner. The Syndicate and Steelhawks are the obvious ideal winners, but I get the slightest feeling we might just see an upset at some point.

One team to watch is the St. Louis scarecrows after sone trades and switching up lines I think they are now the favorite to win as long as the boys stay hot there will be no stopping them this year
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 09:50 PM by Velevra.)

I think the new playoff format will be a little hard to follow for the casual SHL member unfortunately since it will be less obvious about how matchups will go. In the end though I feel only a handful of teams have a realistic shot of winning it all giving FHM’s consistency over a best of 7 series. If I had to bet on one team to win it all though I would probably bet on Hamilton currently.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Frankly, I was a bit disappointed to see the Buffalo Stampede decline somewhat this season and they’re largely considered middle of the table now – though “middle of the table” in the East is top-two in the West by some metrics. I would fully expect the Steelhawks and Dragons to cruise through their conferences – with the Syndicate maybe giving the Steelhawks some trouble along the way – but would expect that Hamilton magic to show up in the playoffs once more.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

The Quebec City Citadelles surprised many by winning their first round match up in their inaugural year last year. Even though they are near the bottom of the standings for a second year in a row, I think they will definitely surprise expectations again!

Berserkers Citadelles Wolfpack Panthers  Switzerland

I wish Quebec from SMJHL will at least match its last season achievement when they won 1st round and lost in 2nd round of playoffs. With good run in their last eight games Quebec can secure 7th place and get opponent they can beat in 1st round. It is possible that 1st round will be against Nevada (second expansion team); that would be a great and very competitive match-up.

[Image: Zyhl0FL.png]

The winnipeg Jets are fortunate that they play in the Western Conference. There is no way that San Francisco Pride will be inlcuded in the playoff discussion so we can eliminate them. The real issue here is between the Minnesota Monarchs and Seattle Argonauts. The jets are currently couple of points ahead of both team. I believe they have the roster to keep that lead and make the playoffs. But once we are in the playoffs, it becomes a different game. We are the best of the lower tier teams but it will be difficult to come out on top against the other Western team. I believe with a miracle by Zlatan Ibrahimovic Jr., the Jets will clear round 1.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Imma write about the SMJHL because I still seem to know more about that than I do the SHL. I am really feeling a strong underdog win for the Detroit Falcons. Is this belief fully rooted in the fact that I used to play for that team? Yes, yes it is. SKREEEEE

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Will be interesting to see if the big 4 of Hamilton, Chicago, Calgary and Edmonton make the last 4 spots or if this wonky ass playoff format will screw someone over or if an upset team will rise in the playoffs.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

buffalo will probably win it all without any real surprises because the east is very weak and there are no more surprises with FHM. If there are any upsets it'll just be something like 2 knocking off 1.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I think, as much as I do not want it to happen because NOLA is in the west, but the championship team will come out of the East.
The Hamilton Steelhawks, Chicago, Buffalo and Manhattan teams are just so strong. You might say "Well Calgary has more points than some of those teams" yeah vut Calgary does not have to face the same competition throughout the regular season.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

I expect that in the SMJHL post season, the Carolina Kraken will go on a run to the finals and win the championship! I have a good feeling about this as my player so far has been a slow starter, but becomes a point producing machine in the later half of the season and the post-season.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]