Create Account

History Deparment: Big news, S2 recovered, as well as some goalie playoff stats
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2020, 08:44 PM by luke.)

Hey SHL!

Luketd back here to announce something really cool. For many people who have looked into the SHL history they notice that S2 regular season stats were nowhere to be found. Actually until 6 months ago S1 stats weren't found either until we were able to find it. So luckily for us, SHL's website before jcink, it was a site called invisionfree, and for some reason, that forum board got moved to a site called Tapatalk. And lucky for us it had S1-S6 stuff that helped me a ton when trying to find old logos and other historical stuff when I got hired as Historian Head. One of the major projects I was going back and forth from was that there were almost all the PBP's of S2 available there. Back then everygame was a play by play, so all the info was there, but you had to go through each thread to get the stats. The problem is that the formatting was fucked up and looked like this

[Image: Capture.JPG]

So for every thread for the most part(There were some that were fine), was to clean up the HTML, and then use a python script to make it into a readable format to make it readable in order to get the whole season stats for players.

So thats what I did. It took maybe 10 hours? for me to go through all the PBP's to get it all done, which was a lot less than I thought, but I got into a really good rythm plus the help of the python script it was easy to do.

While I was also trying to search for S2 stats otherwise, I ran into a user called @grimreaper who had some big information. he compiled goalie stats from S1-S12, for the regular season and the playoffs. I know he doesnt come on here anymore but that spreadsheet helped me get the goalie stats for S2, and we also now have goalie playoff stats from S1-S12 which is huge. So major thanks for him to have the hindsight. Also thanks to @Jesster for helping him too.

So whats the problem. Well the problem is that there is a couple PBP's missing, so unfortunately there isnt the FULL S2 stats, as we are seeming to be missing 2-4 PBP's from what I can see, so there are some players that are off by a point or 2. But I think thats good enough for us to  actually have stats. Also since they all came from PBP's, we dont have the full stats like fights, PPG, PKG, stuff like that.

So all we have from S2 for forwards is
GP G A P plusminus PIM SHT HIT SB GA TA

which is good enough for me. All the spreadsheets I have except for Franchise Stats rn have S2 in it. As well as working to get it into the bojobox.

So we can now say that we have S1-S55 Regular season stats, as well as most Playoff Stats. The next steps for me is to get the S1-S6 Playoff Stats for Forwards as we have PBP's of that. And then dig more to try to find the lost playoff stats.

So enough of me talking, here is the spreadsheet of S2 that people can view in the meantime. I will probably also have some sort of HTML output to put into the index of games so people can view it that way.
LINK TO S2

Hope you guys enjoyed that

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

You're a fuckin god Luke.

[Image: Zoone16.gif]

[Image: 9QVaMRC.png] [Image: canybyK.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

What a goddamn beast, holy shit

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

This is some 7-time Littleton nominee stuff.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

your carrying this place on your back Mr. Luke Cool

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Fuckin legendary dude

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Star.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

my king

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

oh that's a straight banger my dude. the infamous missing s2 season

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

10-22-2020, 09:49 AM.bojo Wrote: oh that's a straight banger my dude. the infamous missing s2 season

literally the ghost season. Scouring through your posts, jessters post, and advanced searches to try to find anything about S2 was a pain lmao.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]