Create Account

S56 mPT #4 - Playoff Preview

The Maine Timber haven’t had a great regular season but despite that, I expect them to go very deep into the play-offs. Specifically, I expect them to make the finals and go that extra kilometer to win it all and bring the Cup home.

44 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

I think Chicago is a scary first round for Winnipeg. Really any matchup coming in at the bottom seed is going to be a rough go of things, especially in a re-seeding format, but Chicago managed to be above 200 GF while staying sub 100 GA (just barely on both counts) while Winnipeg is closer to the opposite. If we can steal that first round series, we'd be guaranteed Hamilton in round two who are even better on both accounts. If we can manage that first round match up, I'll have some amount of hope for the second round, but I'll also be happy with that result.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 09:14 PM by Pythonic.)

According to my general manager, I am not allowed to say that my team is going to win the Four Star Cup. Therefore, I have to give that honor to the Anaheim Outlaws. It's a true underdog story. Everybody basically counted the Outlaws out before the season began, but then Boxman and Long John Donair showed up on the scene and started scoring like a bunch of mini Leon Draisaitls. It was really surprising to see them get to where they are right now.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

I'm very excited to be back in the playoffs and while I would like to win the Cup, I would settle for knocking Atlanta out of the playoffs.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 10:13 PM by Lime.)

The favorites for the Challenge Cup going into the playoffs are firmly the Hamilton Steelhawks. Ultimately I don't see them getting knocked off and will be expecting another Cup for them. The other big regular season teams were the Chicago Syndicate and Calgary Dragons. Chicago was the only other team to break 200 goals, and could stand up to a shootout. Calgary had the best goals against in the league and should be able to make things tough for those Hamilton shooters.

Let's see how it worked out between them in the season looking at their head to heads.

Hamilton vs Chicago
[Image: unknown.png]
In the regular season the series between these two was tied 2-2. We can see they traded blows, no clear pattern and all very close wins until the final game of the matchup where Hamilton won 5-2. This is actually very close on paper, unfortunately I think we all know that in practice, Hamilton has the much better playoff success. Given that Hamilton has the slight edge in the regular season, and a massive tactical edge in playoffs, I think Chicago will put up a fight but it won't be enough.

Hamilton vs Calgary
This is an even closer matchup. Series tied 1-1, goals tied 7-7. Both games make it to the shootout. I feel like Calgary is the only team I'd bet to beat Hamilton. Calgary has a great offense with the three top CF% players, and a stifling defense. If their shooters get hot and their defense figures out how to shutdown Theo Morgan, they have this matchup in the bag. For reference, let's look at how Calgary matched up with Chicago.

Calgary vs Chicago
Here you can see why Calgary is the harder team to beat. They handily beat Chicago in both games by 2 goals, while the Steelhawks split their games with Chicago. Calgary has the chops to beat any team in this league comfortably.

We can quickly go through the other teams in the playoffs to see how they'd fair against Hamilton.

Winnipeg Jets: They got trounced by Hamilton twice, 6-0 and 5-0. They will not survive.
Los Angeles Panthers: Another team that didn't score on Hamilton. Two 2-0 losses. No dice.
Buffalo: Actually won a game against Hamilton, albeit in overtime. Buffalo doesn't really have any advantages here, and Hamilton won 3 out of their 4 matchups. Maybe a 4-2 series if Buffalo is lucky.
New England Wolfpack: A fringe team with negative goal differential. Lost all 4 of their games, some by a wide margin. Silver lining is they did take Hammy to a shootout once. I think Wolfpack win 1 off a lucky bounce in a series.
Edmonton Blizzard: Regular season series tied 1-1, but Hamilton has goals with 5 to 3. Another team I think will go 4-2.
Atlanta Inferno: Another team with no wins against Hamilton. They will be looking at 1 win along with Wolfpack.
New Orleans Specters: Both losses but close, including an OT loss. Solid 4-2 team.

I really don't think anyone other than Chicago or Calgary could take Hamilton to 7.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate Blizzard
[Image: PuANRuu.png]

It is clear that ham was the best in the league with their super team, but i think buffalo will smash ass this playoffs and win the cup

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Playoffs I think will go weird because of the reseeding, so we will see a lot more eastern times going into the further rounds. I could see Manhattan, Hamilton, and Chicago all make it to the semi finals

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

With all the teams going in this playoff there is bound to be a big surprise and I think the Edmonton Blizzard will surprise and possibly win the CUp. With a player having one of the best seasons ever Morgan could carry them there.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Does anyone even know how the playoffs really work now? Is everyone still getting in for juniors? What's the point of even playing out the regular season if that's the case? Just throw everyone's names in a hat & let's have a tournament throughout the season to determine a champion.

Code:
53 words

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Im biased, but the Vancouver Whalers will win the Four Star Cup. There’s just too much offensive depth up front to play a puck-possession game, the defense is stout, and when shots get through to our net Redacted and St. Ark will be there to stop them. We proved it in the regular season and we’ll prove it in the playoffs.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

A Calgary Hamilton match up would be pretty cool. All Canada finals for the first time in how long? Would be neat to see. Or a rematch of last year's finals. I think I'll take Calgary to win it all.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

This is without a doubt the easiest mPT of the season. If you ask anyone on this website, they're all going to give you the exact same answer. The New England Wolfpack will be winning the challenge cup this season. Their scoring, unmatched. Their defense, unmatched. Goaltending, it's okay. You plug all three of those together and you have a championship caliber team.

So the playoff match up i am obviously excited for is Texas vs whoever the face in round 2 as Texas had a great end of the season and clinched 1st in our division and earned a bye in round 1. Texas is young team and has been making big strides in the past few seasons. S53 we were last in west scoring only 18 points, in S54 we missed the playoffs on a tie breaker. S55 we made the playoffs but lost in the 1st round. And now we are going straight to the 2nd round. Now i would call us Cup favorites, but we have had close games with all the top teams, and with a bit of luck i think we could complete with what ever team we match up with

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights

I expect the playoffs to play out with the elite rookie defenseman Erben Kasius showing his true talent and leading the New England Wolfpack to the whatever cup. I don't know. It will probably be Hamilton I guess theyre pretty good and beat us like 7-1 every time we play so I assume they're the best.

[Image: xOtrQ61.gif]

For my team, the Newfoundland Berserkers, I think we are going to win the whole thing easily. I don't care that it is not realistic to think that, and that our team isn't actually the best team in the division by record anymore. I will always have faith that myself and my teammates can beat anyone on any day, and will continue to believe that until I am proven wrong.

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]