Create Account

Milestones

I know they've been around for years and everything, but I feel like when I first joined and the cap was in place they were a way for people who were more casual members and didn't do every task to make up some ground on people who did. Now that the cap is gone it seems kinda weird to let the best players in the sim, who are likely to be great earners anyway, get a nice bonus of having some extra TPE just because their player is already good? I know it's capped at 4 TPE but idk it just gives off a bit of a weird message that I've not seen in any other sim league wherethe best players get rewarded more TPE so that they can get even better and do a bit more to widen the gap on the players who don't earn as much.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

I feel the same way.

In some instances, it feels like it's rewarding player types. More hits = milestone. More fights = milestone. Makes sense to me. But I feel like a lot of play styles are left out, meanwhile we are rewarding players on better teams, or players who play with better players, or quite frankly players who hardly play any minutes in the case of give-aways and PIMs. I know it amounts to small amounts of TPE, but i don't honestly understand what the point is.

real bias here, I claimed 0 TPE this season. Which feels pretty awful. With the cap in place, I'm not sure the distance between good players on good teams and bad players on bad teams is that great. But, it still feels awful and it begs the question of why we even have this in the first place.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Facts

[Image: 3.png]

In my opinion, there should be something extra to earn tpe if you didn’t get the full 4 from milestones. It would be like the way we had the tpe cap where people can make up that tpe by doing more tpe tasks

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

10-29-2020, 11:21 AMluketd Wrote: In my opinion, there should be something extra to earn tpe if you didn’t get the full 4 from milestones. It would be like the way we had the tpe cap where people can make up that tpe by doing more tpe tasks

good solution

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

10-29-2020, 11:21 AMluketd Wrote: In my opinion, there should be something extra to earn tpe if you didn’t get the full 4 from milestones. It would be like the way we had the tpe cap where people can make up that tpe by doing more tpe tasks

I can predict an argument that this creates a barrier of entry for newer players. But, obviously, we've created TPE out of thin air this way, so that wouldn't necessarily hold up. But it certainly would feel that way.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

100% makes sense.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

This was discussed pretty extensively a few seasons ago when we (me + HO) were discussing the PT Cap removal. I don't remember all the details of the discussion, but what to do with milestones was a point of contention. One of the possibilities was giving out money instead of TPE, another was the capped-at-4 policy we have now, another was eliminating milestones entirely.

I was actually in favor of eliminating milestones entirely, but I remember that some in HO/owner group weren't (I'm not being coy, i just don't remember who wanted to keep them lol). So this policy is a result of those conversations and that larger discussion. I don't have access to the channel anymore but maybe HO can weigh in further here.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

10-29-2020, 12:32 PMhotdog Wrote: This was discussed pretty extensively a few seasons ago when we (me + HO) were discussing the PT Cap removal. I don't remember all the details of the discussion, but what to do with milestones was a point of contention. One of the possibilities was giving out money instead of TPE, another was the capped-at-4 policy we have now, another was eliminating milestones entirely.

I was actually in favor of eliminating milestones entirely, but I remember that some in HO/owner group weren't (I'm not being coy, i just don't remember who wanted to keep them lol). So this policy is a result of those conversations and that larger discussion. I don't have access to the channel anymore but maybe HO can weigh in further here.

so this was your fault.... typical atlanta player fucking with the league.

Bring back the cap

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

10-29-2020, 12:32 PMhotdog Wrote: This was discussed pretty extensively a few seasons ago when we (me + HO) were discussing the PT Cap removal. I don't remember all the details of the discussion, but what to do with milestones was a point of contention. One of the possibilities was giving out money instead of TPE, another was the capped-at-4 policy we have now, another was eliminating milestones entirely.

milestones bad, ty for trying to get rid of them

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I have said this for a while in the LRs im in, but I believe we should be running milestones off of true milestones. The method we have now and have had just helps the rich get richer, as most have said for a while. I consider true milestones things like 1st Goal, 1st Point, 1st Assist, 1st fight, 100th career goal, 250th career point, etc. Things like these should be the new measures that we use, especially since we have FHM that keeps the best continuous player stats the league has ever seen. There would need to be a lot of things flushed out to make this work, but milestones now and forever have been "Seasons Best TPE"

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

10-29-2020, 11:17 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: I feel the same way.

In some instances, it feels like it's rewarding player types. More hits = milestone. More fights = milestone. Makes sense to me. But I feel like a lot of play styles are left out, meanwhile we are rewarding players on better teams, or players who play with better players, or quite frankly players who hardly play any minutes in the case of give-aways and PIMs.  I know it amounts to small amounts of TPE, but i don't honestly understand what the point is.

real bias here, I claimed 0 TPE this season. Which feels pretty awful. With the cap in place, I'm not sure the distance between good players on good teams and bad players on bad teams is that great. But, it still feels awful and it begs the question of why we even have this in the first place.

I definitely have tried to incorporate some player type rewards, Centers get the opportunity for Faceoffs, Defensemen get the opportunity for Shot blocks. Like you said Fights and Hits are typically from defensive player types. Goalies can Earn TPE for a bunch of Wins or a bunch of Loses, They can earn TPE for making a bunch of saves which come from typically playing on a bad team.\

We have it because it's a relic of yesterday, but a way to "earn" TPE.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 01:05 PM by dankoa.)

@hotdog @Blastmeaway appreciate the insight from both of you and agree that there definitely could be some ways of working around it either to incorporate career milestones like Blast said or by doing something like money. Even think luke's idea of something like a make up task could work if you put the option out there, I get people are reluctant to get rid of or drastically change things that have been in the league for a long time but in this post cap world we live in I definitely think it's something that's kinda redundant at this point with the way it works now

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Agreed.

I thought of idea that 4 TPE is okay, but each next counts only as a 0,5 TPE. So it is still limited, but less.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]