Create Account

S56 SMJHL PT #6 - Next Season

The Kelowna Knights are deep in the midst of a re-build, but there's a lot to look forward to for next season, considering the growth of their six S57 rookies (all are #40+ out of 62 S57 rookies)! Five of those rookies are up front, so we can definitely expect an uptick in offense next season. Each of the Quadruplets had solid rookie campaigns and will be looking to avoid sophomore slumps. LD Robert Feltersnatch is the lone rookie on the back-end and will look to improve upon his solid 11 P, 42 hits, 17:02 TOI, and 1:21 SHTOI. C Cian McFelter had himself a ROTY-nomination-worthy campaign this season with a 25 P (tied for team-lead) performance in 15:12 TOI. LW Vlastislav Malik is proving to be a physical force, having contributed 12 P, 90 hits, and 35 SB in 14:43 TOI. RW Brennan Huff had a bit of a quieter season, but still finished well with 12 P, 47 SOG, and 32 SB in 14:02 TOI. All of the Knights' Quadruplets are currently ranked #26+ for S57 rookies and are close to max earners, so they should be solid contributors to an improved Knights' season!

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

I don’t know a ton about our team’s make up, that’s more of the GMs’ job, but as far as I know we won’t be losing many pieces. I know that one of our more important players, Teylora Petrov, has been complaining that they see another season of Citadelle hockey in their future, so that’s going to be important for us. Two things that I think will be important are that me and Tyler Ward will both be leagues better with our first seasons under our belts. The Quebec City Citadelles may be a .500 team right now, but I think that we are much better than our record shows. I know everyone says this, but I think we’ve had some bad luck this season. In my opinion, we should be even better next season than we expected us to be this season. I think next season will be a very exciting one for our awesome team.

163 words

[Image: petrov.png]

The Quebec Citadelles are still in the midst of a playoff push, but there is some hope for an improved outing next season after the sometimes-rocky regular season the squad put in. But there are question marks hanging over the team as well: first, it seems likely that Emilia Bergman, a premier defender for the team, will make the jump to the SHL. While it isn't a guaranteed outcome, we can say it's more than likely. In that case, the Citadelles will need to rely on improved production from Boris Petrov, Teylora Petrov, and Jasper Maximov -- some of the key veteran defenders on the team. While the call-up of Bergman would be a blow to the Citadelles, it won't likely have the same impact that an entire generation of players leaving a team would have -- as so often happens to playoff contenders.

The continued presence of Mat Smith will doubtless prove key for the Citadelles moving forward. Smith has emerged as not just a stellar goaltender on the ice, but a clear locker room leader. If the team wants to improve on its performance this year and convert that into a championship run next year, the play of Smith will be a crucial piece. In addition, the continued development of rookies Jari Heikkinen, Mikael Koskinen and Igor Petrov will be important in ensuring the team's depth chart remains solid, even if some of the aforementioned veterans start to near their own call-ups. Finally, the team will need to pursue a healthier draft class this season. Although the acquisition of Koskinen helped ensure the Citadelles a strong prospect base, the team certainly needs to put together a more well-rounded showing on the draft board this season than it did last, to further strengthen the team's core as this year's prospects become roster mainstays.

If all goes well, the Citadelles should project to be one of the better teams in the SMJHL: they stand to lose less, and gain more, than some of their key rivals.

[Image: FReZg9W.png]

You know what makes the Nevada Battleborn an unstoppable juggernaut for the next few seasons - before these demi-gods ascend to the professional level? It's S56 Draftees: right wing Noah Johns III, right defense Rude Sniff, and center Rob Wright. These three studs have slotted into their roles well, leaving management smiling.

Noah Johns III, who leads the rookie trio in scoring with 20 points (10-10-20), has been the most welcome surprise. Johns III was selected late in the SMJHL 56 Entry Draft - 3rd round, 29th overall.

Rude Sniff, who leads defensemen rookies on the team in scoring with 10 points (7-3-10), is set to have a commanding presence in seasons to come. Sniff was drafted in the 2nd round, 24th overall.

Rob Wright, who tries really hard and also plays hockey, came second in rookie scoring on the team with 16 points (5-11-16). Wright looks to move to his natural center position after playing most of S56 on the wing. He was selected 2nd overall in the S56 draft.

Look for each of these boiz to make a hot impact on the ice in their sophomore seasons.

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020, 10:49 PM by Gumbaman.)

There are quite a few things I could say about the future of the Kraken. All options lead to us being successful and doing well for seasons to come. This year we were first in the east with quite a few rookies on the team. Not only were they a huge part of us being able to successfully be atop the east, but they were a huge part of the locker room and how the team kept its head and mood up. Even with me being a rookie and leaving myself out of this, The rookies from what I've heard from my General Managers the rookies have been one of the biggest parts to this team being successful and actually having such chemistry. I'm so proud of the rookies for what they've done for the team, and that includes myself. I know I haven't done much but I've gotten praise and I can only thank my team and the fellow rookies on it. I will proudly say that I know our rookies and team will win the Four Star Cup.
(185 words)

GM of Canada in the WJC S56

S56 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for Canada

[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: qzGJBye.png]

[Image: GMGumba.gif]

The future looks really nice in Colorado. We've got, by my count, four or five S54/S55 players making the move to the big league next year. But that's okay! We have a lot of youth to back them up and take their place. Our current rookie group is doing well, with a few already at or near 250 TPE. We've got a young goalie in Demo, who's been a great earner. Not to mention, we have a ton of draft picks in this draft coming and the next. I believe we have three first rounders this year? So the future is bright in Colorado, asssuming the picks turn out! I think we're in good hands, as management has done a good job this year of sending out older players for futures, which is great awareness in a down season. Look for Colorado to contend next year in my opinion! Go Raps!

Newfoundland is at a nexus heading into the next season. Key players both departing and returning, so experience won't be the question. No, for Newfoundland the questionmark will be their young bucks entering leading roles on the ice and in the locker room. There's always an air of uncertainty when the "middle guard" as it were, is rotated out. The sub-leadership roles that rookies look to fill as they lose a shade of green. This important middle class within the team dynamic makes or breaks a squad's maintained development. If the middle falls out, the entire squad goes with it. Newfoundland has up until this point had a solid, even excellent middle guard to this point and it's up to us, the rookies and returning second years to pick up where we leave off. We can't slow down, we can't lose sight.

As for myself, I've got the most growing to be done. There's a lot riding on the back of a 'tender, and I've got big pads to fill. If Newfoundland are to continue without much hitch, I've got to step it up. A bigger role awaits me, and I've got to show I'm ready for it.

[Image: bXyuiQK.png?2]
Alucard,Apr 14 2016, 03:33 PM Wrote:May the harvest be with you, young spud.
enigmatic,Aug 26 2016, 10:05 AM Wrote:Jedi could have 1 TPE and still improve any team [Image: ashamed0001.gif]
[Image: uyTKBKH.png]
[Image: jSQTZY7.png]

First ever Norwegian IIHF Goal!!
Code:
2. Team Norway , Jackson Rodgers-Tanaka 1 (Isabella Esparza-Osvaldson, Aleksander Andrezjeck) at 5:50

Special Thanks to Count Chocula for the Hugo G sig <3

ISFL Affiliate Welfare

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

S57 with the Falcons will be an interesting one. Thor Odinson is going to be called up and we'll lose a top keeper. Luckily we have a new keeper that has had his first taste of the SMJHL this season and looks promising. The top players, Sammy Blaze, Yngve Simonsson and Zakkira Diporov are all three going to be essential in leading the offense that the Falcons will bring. There are still some positions that needs to be filled in the coming draft but a lot of the current roster will have gained a lot of experience and be ready to step up to another level. This season was tough, but with another season in the baggage, the Falcons are looking a lot stronger. The current rookies, Wen Baters, Jonathan Granström, Thomas Duddy, Tyler Burnett, Mikhail Borisnoff, Anton Mihailov, Jimmy Nutcluster and Tyler Avery, are all going to be the the future backbone in Detroit. Next season is hopefully going to be one where we can put ourselves at the top middle of our division and the season after that, be real favourites in challenging for the cup!

190 words

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

The Anaheim Outlaws had a disappointing end to a season that began very strong.  Looking towards next year the Anaheim Outlaws feel we can be a strong cup contender.  The only player our LR is expecting to lose is James Leblond.  The team itself is very young and has a lot of room to grow and will get another early pick in the draft this year.  Rookie Leclerc had a standout season for the Outlaws and we had amazing performances by "Long" John Donair and if Hubert Andrews remains our top line center and doesn't receive the call up we will still have a powerful first line going into the next season.  Defensemen Michael Scotch had large expectations coming into this season after dominating scoring in the midget leagues in the northeastern US but in his rookie season he was surprisingly quiet offensively but his coaching staff is expecting hi to have an explosive sophomore year.  His biggest criticisms was that he wasn't very responsible in his own zone and wasn't the most physical player on the ice but both of this issues were addressed early and with that Michael Scotch can expect to be an asset on an Outlaws team that is expecting great things next year.  The entire locker room is eagerly waiting for the next SMJHL season to kick off.

The Quebec City Citadelles were unceremoniously beaten in this season's SMJHL Playoffs in 6 games by the Colorado Raptors. The series was a good one featuring two teams with more or less the same exact record during the regular season, both teams having 50 points exactly at the end of the season, leading to one of the most even matchups in recent memory. Despite their defeat however, the Quebec City Citadelles are looking like they are going to be a force to be reckoned with next season. They have a plethora of veterans who should all be reaching their 425 TPE cap next year, with a good group of young talent who will be improving to their 350 TPE cap. If all their prospects and vets manage to keep up the pace they did this regular season, we’ll see a more complete and dominant Quebec team next year - making the recently founded team an instant cup contender. Players like Mat Smith, Tyler Ward, Zach Dolphin and Borris Petrov are going to be players they rely on heavily, for example, but pretty much everyone on the team is going to make a noticeable impact next season.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

ISFL PT

the Detroit Falcons definitely were not the best team out there this season, but with a lot of development and exciting prospects on the way, there is no doubt that improvement should easily be achieved by the team in S57. There are going to be some tough callups: starting goalie Thor Odinson, solid defenseman in Diporov and Sammy Blaze are all on the way out.

However, there are very exciting prospects on the way to replace them. Goaltender will be a position of importance in the draft, but Jonathan Granstrom, Anton Mihailov and Wen Baters are all set to develop a lot and will be good assets to pick up in the upcoming SHL Entry Draft. Some more fringe players could also see some improvement. The Falcons aren't in the most favorable spot in terms of draft picks, but they should get a top tier prospect in the draft and could end up with some long shot guys that may be really strong players at the SMJHL level.

[Image: ili5NZ2.png]

Player Page
Update Page

Anchorage will be an interesting team to watch next season. They are losing key names such as Bork Lazer, Pojo Biscuit, and Scoochie Stratton due to them aging out. Matthew Sawful may be sent back down over waivers as he has not be training as of lately, but for the most part they will be relying on a different age of players. Familiar faces such as Theo Kondos, Igor Victory, and TURG TURG will be leading the charge for the Armada, along with other recently capped players such as Phil Lemo, Chimkin Tendy, Slava and Vladmir Petrov, and Michael Withecheck. The S57 rookie class for Anchorage of Pablo Salvatici, Tokkulu Lakkamaa, and Bjorn Thornsen will also look to take an advanced role in the coming season. The Armada will probably be a middle to top of the pack type of team again this season if players such as Tendy can step up and fill the void Stratton and others leave behind as they transition to the next stage.

168 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

The Scarecrows future is very bright with the young group of rookies and send downs that will be returning for season fifty seven. The center core will be the deepest in the SMJHL as they have a rookie with two great send downs making the Scarecrows have a great chance at winning the face offs and keeping the puck in their possession whether it be on five on five hockey, power play, or penalty kill. The Scarecrows will need to figure out what the defense and the goal tending situation will look like with top players leaving to go to the shl or having being traded to try and work on the rebuilding process. With the upcoming rookie draft being important for the Scarecrows look for them to show some great growth next season and then the following season they will be ready to complete for the four star cup!!!

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread