Create Account

S56 SMJHL Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020, 01:02 AM by Gwdjohnson.)

Whalers VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers
VS
Berserkers NEWFOUNDLAND BERSERKERS Berserkers

The S56 SMJHL finals are upon us, and we will see the Vancouver Whalers face off against the Newfoundland Berserkers for the Four-Star Cup. As is tradition, these finals will come with a bunch of TPE available for you guys, in the form of Championship Week!

Here's how this will work: there are several tasks, each of which is worth varying amounts of TPE for putting in a little effort, for a maximum of 16 possible TPE total. You can complete them in any order and do as few or as many as you would like.

ONLY S56 SMJHL ROOKIES (S57 SHL DRAFTEES) CAN EARN TPE FOR CW TASKS. If you signed after the trade deadline and are going into the S57 SMJHL Draft, that's not you.

You may claim affiliation from an NSFL or PBE PT for 3 of your 16 TPE total

Code:
Task #1 - 3 TPE (graphic only)
The finals are always a great time for SHL hopefuls to get their name on the map. Make a hockey magazine cover regarding a specific player in the finals, either rookie or send-down, to hype them up.
Requirements: A player render, the SMJHL logo of the team the player plays for (and/or SHL if they're a senddown), the name of the hockey magazine and a tagline about the player in question.

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

Code:
Task #3 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Code:
Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 150+ words
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

Code:
Task #5 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the Whalers and Berserkers (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include player renders and team logos

Code:
Task #6 - 3 TPE
How would round 1 have gone down if the team matchups had been different? Which teams would be advancing to round 2? Would it have been more evenly matched? Less? (If you're on a team that had a round 1 bye, you can talk about round 2 instead)
Requirements: 150+ words.

Code:
Task #7 - 2 TPE
This season featured the second usage of our new 12-team playoff format, which has come full of wacky surprises such as Eastern conference teams playing against Western conference ones before the finals, and a semifinals seeding of 1st vs 2nd  /  3rd vs 5th. What is your opinion on the format? Good or bad?
Requirements: 100+ words.

Code:
Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Code:
Task #9 - 2 TPE
Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Berserkers (Vikings) and a pack of hyper-aggressive Whales? Would the brute force of the Vikings win out, or would the sheer size and power of the whales determine the outcome? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

Code:
Task #11 - 3 TPE
It's officially the offseason. Whether you just won the cup or didn't even make the playoffs, it's time to take a break and look toward the SHL draft. In 150+ words, tell us how you're spending your time this offseason.

Code:
Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S57 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. This season, Vancouver has some of the best offensive depth we will ever see a juniors team have, but Newfoundland have gotten very strong performances out of their defense and goalie these playoffs. Can the Berserkers contain the sheer offensive firepower of the Whalers?
C. You're in another timeline where Carolina and Anchorage are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped even get our finalists into the playoffs here. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

Code:
Task #14 - Latecomer Special - 2-3 TPE
So I see you waited until the end of the finals to complete your tasks! Well congrats to [TEAM] on winning the Four-Star! Reflecting back on the series, what were the keys to [TEAM] taking the finals? Name 3 key points that resulted in the series playing out the way it did.
Requirements:
WRITTEN: 100+ words for 2 TPE, 150+ for 3 TPE.
GRAPHIC: Includes a player render and a table with the 3 keys to the series results.

Code:
Task #15 - Podcast, 3-4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S56 season (on or off the ice)
- S56 playoff round-up
- S57 predictions

Can be done solo or with a partner!
Requirements:
1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

Code:
Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.
Post that you did the trivia, plus your verification word from the form, in your reply in this thread
LINK TO TRIVIA FORM

DEADLINE FOR ALL TASKS: 5 full days after the Four-Star Cup finals are over, so on Monday, November 16th @ 11:59 pm Eastern

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 03:33 AM by linsangeles.)

Task #8 - 3 TPE

The newcomer of SMJHL Kian Hamilton Jr. haven't been much in scouts eyes before the season. But the one sentence is said "Tough, speedy center with good hands and acceletration, creative mind which can cause a chaos and fire close to the net. In many games proved those words, but lacked of confidence especially in offense, in result scored only 2 goals. Although Kian proved he is a winner and can focus at important games, he was second in scoring in playoffs games, and now is in spotlight of SHL GM'S. Overall, he was at his expected performance and really did not fall off of teams play style. Next season, it will be important to get mind clear, improve in defence, because, you know, firstly defence wins games. I always set the highest expectations for me, but can't hop over my ass too much, cus I know I'm not the most talanted guy, so I can get to glory only with get better every day.

165 words.

Task #11 - 3 TPE
I did take a break for 10 days, to spend time with my girlfriend and dog. It was a great time, visited NFL's game for first time. Fortunately, I did not have any micro-injuries, so I was set ready to start work again soon. Can't force anything yet, because I need to be fully rested at start of training camp. Looking forward to SHL draft of course, waiting for more draft interviews to have a opinion which destinition might be best for me. Hyped up for draft, there is so many intriguing teams and all of them I see my future in. Oh, yeah I did got invited to local podcast show called "Locked on Knights", so tommorow will do that to give more deep toughts on the draft. One more thing, now I have new agent, cus my prev agent quit the job and will start some bussiness. So I hope that will work as well.

157 words.

#16 Task
word: hammer

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]

Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE

Verification Word: Outlaws

Task #3 - 2 TPE

Top Goalie Matchup in the Finals!

Both finalist teams feature top goalies at the top of their games in Cale Amundsen and Name Redacted for the Berserkers and the Whalers, respectively. Let's take a look at their stats during the regular season and the playoffs and try to determine who has the advantage in this anticipated matchup. Cale Amundsen is in his fourth season in the SMJHL and has posted consistent numbers in his tenure as the Newfoundland Berserkers starting goaltender. This season he had a 2.45 GAA and a .914 SV%, as opposed to Name Redacted's 2.25 GAA and .907 SV%. Experts agree that Amundsen got the upper hand in the regular season, but the playoffs are another ballgame. Redacted came into the playoffs well rested, as he shared the workload with rookie phenom Jon St. Ark and he has a slightly underwhelming 2.41 GAA and a .896 SV%. Amundsen definitely has the upperhand in the playoffs with a incredible 2.17 GAA and a .936 SV%. Looking at these stats, Cale Amundsen has to have the advantage in the goalie matchup, but he has a tough task ahead of him, with Vancouver's high-powered offense.

195 words

Task #7 - 2 TPE

I think the playoff format is pretty good as it is, as it allows every player to get a taste of playoff hockey, which is a good thing for a junior league. Everyone gets a little bit of experience and it benefits the players. This format also showcases the unpredictable nature of hockey as a sport, as it can make room for some upsets in the first round and create Cinderella stories that every sports need and it wouldn't necessarily happen with another format. I think this format benefits a Junior league, but I don't think it would translate well to the pro league, where teams need to fight for their playoffs spot.

113 words

Task #8 - 3 TPE

Honestly, I'm not happy at all with my rookie season in the SMJHL. I knew from the start that I wouldn't tear the house down, but I was expecing more that what I did for my first season. Nobody would reasonably be satisfied with 2 goals and one assist in 28 games. Nobody likes to be -9, especially if you claim to be a two-way forward. I didn't like my -2 giveaway differential, but I know it could have been much worse. The only positive point I can think of is that I blocked about one shot per game and only had a few penalties, so I wasn't much of a pain for my team. I want to be better and I know I'll get better, but it takes time. It was really frustrating to know that I wasn't able to capitalize on playing with the team's leading goal scorer to at least salvage my season offensively. To be honest, I need to improve all aspects of my game if I want to become the player I want to be. Both the my offensive and defensive game need to improve, but especially my offense, because that's where I really struggle. On the positive side, I had two points in our short playoff run, so at least there's a little positive going into the offseason.

224 words

Task #10 - 3 TPE

The short term future is bright for the Anaheim Outlaws. The team had a good record despite failing to get past the first round of the playoffs and very few players are leaving the team at the end of the season, which means that the core players will be back for next season. The two first lines will be back and better than ever thanks to the offseason and the experience the players got from last year. The league's leading goal scorer Long John Donair will be back, which is certainly promising, but it remains to be seen if he can repeat the exploit without his partner in crime John Boxman II who unceremoniously retired about a month before the playoffs. The higher ups in Anaheim keep repeating it, we don't need to be discouraged, better days will come for the Outlaws squad. The defense will need some work, as it's where we lost the most players, but most of the remaining defensemen are young and will improve with time, as are most of the bottom liners currently with the team. What I expect from the team next season is nothing less than a deep playoff run! Fingers crossed!

199 words

Task #11 - 3 TPE

After the Outlaws were eliminated, I went back to my native Tempere, in Finland to ressource and decompress following my disappointing first season in the SMJHL. After the initial period of melancholy of our elimination was over, I realised that I needed to be better if I didn't want the same thing to happen to my Outlaws next season, so I went right back to work and did my best to improve some aspects of my game. Then I was surprised to get a call from the Finland Junior Team for the WJC and I really asked myself what they saw in me, but I gladly accepted the offer and used the opportunity to gain some experience alongside some brilliant Finns. I don't have any expectations for the draft and I try not to think about it too much so I won't be disappointed. In the meantime, I'm trying to learn as much as possible about SHL history so I can have a better understanding of the league and have a bit of a backstory about every team. As you can see Kaapo Kampainen is a busy bee in this offseason and he really doesn't take a day off.

199 words

Total : 16 TPE

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

Task #2

To show appreciation to the best fans in the J that stuck with us through the ups and downs of our season we will be giving out Newfoundland rally towel to all attending fans at each home game during the finals. The rags will white and feature the alternate logo in the center of one side. With red text on the top of that same side that reads “LETS GO ZERKS” and text on the bottom reading “BACK TO BACK”.  The back side of the towel will feature the “dripping blood” from the sleeves of the Newfoundland jerseys. There will also be red stitching on the outside edges of the towel to help the red really pop. We want to thank each and every one of you for all the support. Come to the finals and see how many towels you can collect. Although a Newfoundland sweep should keep that number to a minimum.

154 words. +2 TPE

Task #5
With Championship Week approaching I thought I’d look at the best players in the series at each position. Both teams are chalk full of quality players and are red hot heading into the final so it will be tricky to narrow it down to just one player per position. Here we go.

C - Daniil Nikiforov - Whalers - 677 TPE
As a member of Newfoundland, I immediately figured Mats Marner would have a strong argument for the Center position. With all due respect to Marner, who had a great season in his own right, after briefly comparing their respective seasons it quickly became clear that Nikiforov had the better season of the two. Nikiforov’s stat line of 23G-31A-54P and a +31 was enough to get him into the record books tied for 5th in the most points in a season in the 50-game era, and he did it on only 16:25 a game. The SMJHL’s leading scoring on the season simply must be the pick here.

LW – Rotticus Scott - Whalers - 859 TPE
Pretty much all of Newfoundland's best wings line up on the right side making this selection a relatively easy one as well. That is not meant to take away form the season the Scott has as it was a great one. While maybe not quite up with the top scorers around the league, Scott’s 39 points and +26 while dishing out 60+ hits tell the story of a great two-way player who can do a bit of everything.

RW – Liam Slate - Berserkers - 715 TPE
This was a tough selection as Bryce McMahon has a very strong case as well posting 33P and a +30. Because Vancouver had easily the biggest point differential, I didn’t want to give the high +/- too much weight because I believe that is more of a reflection of the team's performance as a whole vs the individual effort. So, I decided to give the edge to Liam slate who posted a line 11G-30A-41 and a +9 on the year. Improving his SH% would go a long way in taking his game to the next level but he has already shown he is one of the best playmakers in the entire SMJHL.

RD – Jonas Kahnwald - Berserkers - 504 TPE
Jonas Kahnwald had a phenomenal year posting a line of 10G-17A-27P and a +27 while logging a hefty 21:49 a game. Vancouver's top defenseman Ryosuke Sato had his name in the running but Kahnwald ultimately had more points, a better +/-, played more minutes, and had a better game rating. Pretty easy decision on this one.

LD – Tinke Jutila -  Berserkers - 500 TPE
Tinke Jutila is a throwback crease clearing defender that opponents hate to play against. It’s crazy that even though he put up 16 points, his offense ins’t even in the same realm as his defensive game. Posting a respectable 5G-11A-16P with a +19 is great to see. Add on a 77 defensive game rating and you’ve got one hell of a player.

G – Cale Amundsen -  Berserkers - 820 TPE
This was an interesting one. I have been vocal about my love for Vancouver rookie sensation Jon St. Ark who posted a 1.62 GAA and .930SV% (both landing in the record books) on the regular season but he has only played 1 game throughout the entire playoffs. It looks like Vancouver decided to give their veteran Name Redacted the vast majority of the playoffs as he has earned through the years he has given to this organization. But given his 2.41 GAA and .896SV%, even though he is 7-3, I had to go with Amundsen whose 8-3 record paired with his 2.17GAA and .936SV% look much better on top of his already better regular season performance. Amundsen it is.

634 words. +3 TPE

Task #6

Since Newfoundland has a round 1 bye, I will look at the round 2 matchups and whether different match ups would have given different results. To be frank the only two teams that I feel threatened by are the Vancouver Whalers and the Carolina Kraken. With the Kraken losing in the semifinals, we will never see how that matchup may play out, but we will get to see who the Berserkers do against Vancouver in the championship. Carolina is a very good team with some very promising young players. It wouldn’t have shocked me if we wound up losing against that team, but I do think we have an edge over them. Vancouver was hands down the best team of the regular season and had the second-best record of SMJHL history, so they must be the favorite heading into the championship. As far the other teams go, we already beat Maine and Anchorage 4-1 each so there’s that. The Battleborn finished 1 point behind us in the regular season so I think that would be a good matchup as well. But with the regular season records and playoff performances from Colorado and Kelowna I just don’t think they would be able to knock us off in a 7-game series.

209 words. +3 TPE

Task #8

My rookie season in the SMJHL was very much and up and down one. After having a very strong preseason where I was about a point per game, even scoring on a breakaway, I thought I was about to come into the league and tear it up. That wasn’t the case. Right off the bat my fellow rookie d partner and I ran into quite a few speed bumps. It took a good chunk of games before I recorded a point and my +/- was heading south quickly. At this point I realized the preseason was too good to be true. But throughout the season my play picked up and the biggest positive was the 8 goals I scored on a 10.26SH%. I believe I had at least one 2 goal game as well so that was cool. As a playmaking defenseman I wasn’t expecting to score more goals than assists but 13 points either way as a rookie defenseman playing with a rookie partner is respectable in my book. The –16 is terrible and will need to get better but its not the end of the world as a rookie and my defensive performance did get better as I focused on upgrading it. What is shifting my outlook on my rookie season towards good rather than just ok is my strong performance in the playoffs so far. In 11GP I have 1G-5A-6P and a +5 with a 59GR. Heading into the championship with a playoff performance like that has got me feeling great about my rookie season. Hopefully a cup will be the cherry on top.

269 words. +3 TPE

Task #9 

I think this answer is obvious. Would the whales kill the berserkers is the fight took place underwater? Yeah probably. This is the SMJHL dummies do you think this fight will take place underwater? No we will be taking the fight to the ice. Ever seen a whale move around on top of ice? Me neither probably because they can’t. So as the whales flop around the ice and the Berserkers ready their axes you can anticipate a blood bath for sure. The ice will be painted red by the end of the fight. Fitting isn’t it? Isn’t Red one of the Berserkers colors?

104 words. +2 TPE 

Task #16 Trivia

Verification word : Zerks

+3 TPE

+16 TPE Total

Task #8 - 3 TPE

Quote:You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Every player comes into their rookie season with high hopes. For many, they were big fish in comparably small ponds who now get a chance at the big show. However, because of that, it doesn't go quite well for everyone. The game is too fast, too hard, or just more of a grind than they are used to. Still, there are some players who manage to find their way through that and compete not just at the level of a rookie, but at the same level as a veteran or league leader. I was fortunate to have such a season. I appeared in 24 games for the Vancouver Whalers, going 19-4 in that span. I had a GAA of 1.62 and a SV% of .930 and three shutouts, all either at or near the top of the league leaders in goaltending. On top of that, I was also named to the All Star Game as a rookie, which is a rare feat. I certainly met and exceeded my own expectations, and I owe a lot of that to the mentorship and veteran leadership on the team. However, next season, long-time Whaler goalie Name Redacted is expected to be called up so I will have to man the goal full-time, and so my stamina and consistency will be areas of improvement this offseason. 

Code:
Word count: 222

Task #12 - 3 TPE

Quote:Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S57 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

There is perhaps no greater hit or miss position in a draft than a goalie. Some may be talented in the lower levels but not have the skills to compete in the majors. Others simply stop progressing and are never able to make that leap to the next stage. There's a handful of goalies in the S57 class, and odds are that at least some of them will be misses instead of hits. However, if you're looking for a sure-bet, or at least a good shot, it would be Vancouver's Jon St. Ark. Numbers wise he was fantastic in his rookie season and even made the All-Stars. In terms of skills, he's leading the pack amongst not only goalies, but he's pound-for-pound one of the best developing players in his class as well. No player is a sure thing, but St. Ark is close. He will be stepping up to the big role next season, however, so we'll have to see how he manages getting more starts and more opportunities. 

Code:
Word count: 170

Task #13 - 4 TPE

Quote:Answer up to 4 of these prompts, each one being worth 1 TPE for 50+ words each.
A. Which player from either team has the best name in this series (just the name itself, nothing to do with the player themselves).
B. This season, Vancouver has some of the best offensive depth we will ever see a juniors team have, but Newfoundland have gotten very strong performances out of their defense and goalie these playoffs. Can the Berserkers contain the sheer offensive firepower of the Whalers?
C. You're in another timeline where Carolina and Anchorage are the two cup finalists. What went right for them in this timeline's semis compared to ours where they lost?
D. We've been talking about the playoffs, but it's performance throughout the season that helped even get our finalists into the playoffs here. Who was the key player to success for either team (or both) during the regular season and why?

A. The top name in the series to me has to be Johnny Shuffleboard. It just begs so many questions on how he got his name. Was he born into a family of Shuffleboards? Was it originally a different name that was anglicized to Shuffleboard? Maybe that isn't his original name at all, but Johnny is such a wizard on the shuffleboard court that he earned it the hard way. Just so many questions and no answers, other than he's good at hockey. (82 words)
B. This series represents a very tough test for both teams. Vancouver pours on the shots all game against their opponents, and doubled Carolina's shots for more than a few games in their series. Newfoundland, for their part, allow a good amount of shots as well. Amundsen is fifth among goalies in the playoffs with shots faced. He's actually faced more shots than Anchorage's Scoochie Stratton, despite playing in five fewer games. It will be up to Amundsen to see if they can keep the Vancouver offense at bay. (88 words)
C. For Carolina, its just about getting a little luckier and fielding a more balanced attack. Goalie Blunt Man was the dam that kept Vancouver at bay, and where he went, so did Carolina. However, they still managed to get to game 7 and if they had a more balance attack, they might have won another game in the series. For Anchorage, its a question of offense. The Armada were one of the top scorers in the league, trailing only Anaheim in total goals scored. If they were able to summon more of that offense against Newfoundland, they could have easily made it to the finals. (105 words)
D. For Vancouver, the player you have to talk about is center Daniil Nikiforov. Leading the league in total points, with twenty-three goals and thirty-one assists, Nikiforov is the grease in the Vancouver offensive engine. He had a hat trick in the Carolina series, and the Whalers will hope he continues his stellar play against Newfoundland. For the Berserkers, you have to talk about center Mats Marner, who tied for the lead on the team with 41 points and was third on the team with a +/- of 24. He'll have to play at the same level or better than Nikiforov if Newfoundland wants to repeat as cup champions. (107 words)

Code:
Word count: 382

Task #16 - 3 TPE

Quote:Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.

Verification word: hunter2

Task - ISFL Affiliate PT - 3 TPE

Quote:You may claim affiliation from an NSFL or PBE PT for 3 of your 16 TPE total

ISFL Affiliate PT

Total: 16 TPE

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

Task #2 – 2 TPE
The Kelowna Knights will be unveiling a special commemorative item representative of their fans’ most beloved player next season. You guessed it! On the first game of the S57 SMJHL Regular Season, fans will be able to get their hands on a bobble head of their Captain and defensive anchor, Teddy Park! Fans expected Teddy to move up to the SHL after the Knights’ exhilarating Game 7 win against the Anaheim Outlaws and upsetting defeat at the hands of the Vancouver Whalers. However, rumor has it the Kelowna legend has requested to stay down for another season, to help continue growing the Knights’ up-and-coming rookies and take another run at the Four Star Cup! No matter how it goes down next season, fans will have a way of physically remembering Teddy Park for eternity!

Task #3 – 2 TPE:
The match-up these playoffs between the Anaheim Outlaws and Kelowna Knights was supposed to be cut and dried, but we managed to pull off an upset in Game 7! A big factor was the strong play of our netminder. So, let’s take a look at the goalies involved in this series, the Knights’ very own Peter Ramsey and the Outlaws’ Vincent Mietitore.

S57 G – Vincent Mietitore – 285 TPE: I was a bit surprised to find that the #2 team in the West had a rookie as their starter! Vincent’s stamina and skating could do with a bit of work, but he’s quite balanced skill-wise. Don’t expect him to heave a hail-Mary pass down to a waiting winger at the opposite blue-line with that shaky puckhandling, but he’ll give you a headache trying to figure out a good angle to come at him with.

S55 G – Peter Ramsey – 539 TPE: Going through Peter’s profile, I realized he has several commonalities with Vincent, but being a veteran, is further along his developmental trajectory. He’s also overlooked his stamina, skating, and puckhandling, but has evenly focused on other skills such as both his glove and blocker, positioning, reflexes, and rebounds, giving himself the ability to be prepared for anything that comes his way!

At the end of the day, I think Peter’s experience and the Knights’ new-found knack for scoring big goals is what sent the Knights past the Outlaws this season.

Task #5 – 3 TPE:
As a Knight, I’d just like to point out that I don’t take pleasure in building a team that’s potentially comprised of Vancouver Whalers. ;D

Goalie: This one’s a bit of a no-brainer. Jon St. Ark’s made a name for himself in his rookie season, backstopping the #1 Whalers with a 73 GR. Now, his stats might be inflated since he’s playing on a championship-caliber team, but he’s just getting started. He’d be the goalie of the present and the future.

Right Defense: Ryosuke Sato is a S54 vet at 888 TPE. He’s a solid two-way defenseman known for his playmaking. He’d be a great quarterback for the powerplay.

Left Defense: PBJ Souppan is a S54 create sitting at 552 TPE currently. His offensive read and shooting accuracy should mesh well with Sato on the back-end. He’s defensively responsible as well.

Right Wing: Simon Takshak is a former Knight, a solid LR presence. His defensive abilities will keep this dream team’s forward line grounded while his puckhandling skills will keep opponents spinning in circles.

Center: Look at my username. I’ll let you figure this one out Smile. Mats Marner’s proven himself to be a big-time player and has won it all. His experience will lead this team.

Left Wing: Rotticus Scott will complete this team, serving as a two-way player with offensive upside. Not many better LW-ers in the SMJHL at the moment.

All in all, this team would dominate on all sides of the ice while growing together through the seasons.

Task #8 – 3 TPE:
S56’s been great fun, being a part of the Knights’ rebuild. Personally, I think Malik’s done well for himself on a line with his friends Cian McFelter and Brennan Huff, gaining some traction as the “Triplets”. McFelter clearly did the best offensively, but Malik has a unique type of skill-set where he can contribute via several avenues. Finishing the regular season with a respectable 0.24 point-per-game, 28 PIM, and 60 SOG, Malik did decent offensively. What I’m prouder of is his physical side, finishing with 90 hits and 35 shots blocked. A plus-minus of -17 isn’t great, but it comes with the territory of playing on a rebuilding team. For next season, Malik is focusing on polishing his defensive game, wanting to do much better than a 50 DGR. I’d love it if he finished with a 57 OGR/DGR, while upping his points production to 0.5 per game, and maintaining his physical touch. Keep an eye on Malik as he continues his journey to becoming the best PWF-TWF the SHL has ever seen!

Task #10 – 3 TPE:
The Knights are in full re-build mode with six S57 rookies on the roster and several picks in the upcoming SMJHL draft. They’ve got plenty to look forward to with all those rookies currently sitting at #42 and above (highest is tied for #6) in S57 TPE rankings. The “Triplets” of Cian McFelter ©, Brennan Huff (F), and Vlastislav Malik (F) were joined by a friend of theirs in Robert Feltersnatch (D), completing the “Quadruplets” in Kelowna. With each of these 4 at 270+ TPE and Anna Pontecorvo/Kian Hamilton Jr. not far behind, the future of the Knights’ is bright! In terms of next season, the Knights will look to make vast improvements on their S56 season. With everyone coming back for S57 and the youngsters continuing to improve, the Knights’ should be able to have legitimate Four Star Cup aspirations as opposed to being forced to be happy with an upset or two.

Task #12 – 3 TPE:
Drafted at #16 in the S56 SMJHL draft by the Kelowna Knights, Vlastislav Malik has made a solid impression this season. His offensive numbers weren’t anything to write home about with 4 goals and 8 assists on a 6.67 shooting %, despite one of this line mates finishing tied for the team lead in points. He’s definitely got to improve his defensive game, having finished with a -4 TkA-GvA differential and a 50 DGR. Malik is committed to his physical style of play and routinely puts his body on the line in offensive and defensive situations, as evident by his 90 hits (leading all Knights forwards) and 35 shots blocked. Draft scouts should keep an eye on his offseason training as he’s made it known that he wants to develop into an elite offensive weapon but be defensively responsible at the same time. Currently sitting tied for #6 on the S57 TPE rankings, Malik should be quite the coveted draft prospect! He should be a lock for top 10, but can he break into the top 5? We’ll find out soon enough!

TPE: 16

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Battle of goalies – Lonely guardian Cale Amundsen vs. Terrible tandem St. Ark-Redacted
Finals week is coming up, and the pressure is on goaltenders to have the last word in their own end. So far, Newfoundland Berserkers have only trusted in Cale Amundsen in their own end, while the Vancouver Whalers have used Name Redacted for 90% of the time, Jon St. Ark only having 1 game behind his belt in these playoffs. Amundsen posted 8-3-0 with 2.17GAA, .936% and 81GR in his 11 games so far, which is pretty impressive for a sole goalie. On the Whalers end, Name Redacted has 7-3-0, with 2.41GAA, .896% and 65GR in his 10 games in these playoffs. He has been showing inconsistency in his game, which might come haunting his game in their final serie against Newfoundland. There is not much to say about Jon St. Ark, he only has 1 game under his belt, which was a nice performance in the end, but it is pointless to start to analyze him based on that performance.

Words: 173

Task #7 - 2 TPE
In my honest opinion, I dislike the 12-team playoff system heavily. With all the teams in the playoffs, regular season has no impact other than seeding and playoff bye, meaning in this format you lose regular season excitement a little, because youre going to be in the playoffs anyway. This format also means that there is no thrill in the lower end of each conference’s standings which would decide who would go to playoffs and who would miss playoffs completely based on their regular season or head-to-head performance. Having a playoff system that would include some teams missing playoffs completely because of their performance would add a nice thrill.

Words: 109

Task #8 - 3 TPE

My first season is behind my back completely. In the regular season we, as a team performed very well given the fact that our roster had many rookies who were doing their first seasons as well. For the playoffs, we could have done better in individual games.
For me, regular season started out very well. After my first week I had 7 games under my belt and in these 7 games I had 7 assists, and 7 points in total. Not bad to start off your career with PPG average from a guy doing his first season in the minors. Personally, my player turned out just how I wanted him to be in his first season – his goal was to make set-up goals for other linemates, and defend. Nothing else, and in that I succeeded very well. In my 48 regular season games I had 2 goals and 17 assists for a total of 19 points. In advanced perspective I did my job in the defensive end too.
Looking at next season, one of my goals is to improve my movement and shot. I had a lousy season goal-wise only because my shooting wasnt on point. I had the opportunities but I simply couldnt take advantage out of them. Movement needs to be improved because from time to time I find myself in wrong places at wrong times.

Words: 228

Task #5 - 3 TPE

LW – Rotticus Scott
C – Daniil Nikiforov
RW – Liam Slate
LD – Tinke Jutila
RD – Johnny Shuffleboard
G – Cale Amundsen

Cale Amundsen as my goaltender, of course. He has been Newfoundland’s sole guardian between the posts in all of their 11 games so far. His .936 save percentage and 2.17GAA along with 81GR makes him one of his teams most important players in these playoffs.  Tinke Jutila is my first defender, his defensive quantities make him a reliable defenseman in your own end. Second defender being Johnny Shuffleboard, the offensive one. His blueline presense and game vision are just insane, and youll never know what he is going to do next in the offensive zone. For forwards, Rotticus Scott is an absolute must to include, because he can do it all. Shoot, assist, block, check, you name it. Along with his teammate Daniil Nikiforov they make an insane forward duo from the Whalers. Nikiforov, candidate for Raymond Lindsay this season is another absolute must, because his game is just well rounded. For right wing, its not that obvious of a pick but mine is Liam Slate, close to a pure goal scorer, who didnt quite exceed his expectations this season – but in this lineup he is going to put in the works. Trust me.

Words: 212

Task #10 - 3 TPE
Sadly, Carolina fell in game 7 against Vancouver in the conference finals. Would have loved to see both of them in the finals, but thats just how the cookie crumbles sometimes. There is some bad and some good coming up, the bad being the fact that most of our starlets are done in the minors and are being called upstairs to the big league, but as always there is another side of the coin, which is what i’m really excited about. Carolina Kraken has probably the most promising set of rookies from the latest draft class. Out of 18 of our players this season, 7 of them played their first season. Players like Kai Ichinose, Tyrone Smith, Ashy Larry, Unger Oda, Luukas Lilja, Kyle Murray and top-tier prospect Freyja Hellström had their first season in the minors. Despite having this many rookies, Carolina made it to top-4 this season – and with the veteran core leaving for SHL next season, they can be at peace knowing that the future of the Carolina Kraken is settled with these rookies.

Words: 177

Task #16 - 3 TPE
My word: Whoopie

Total of 16 TPE

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 03:32 PM by 3lewsers.)

Task #1 - 3 TPE

[Image: WDGKd6P.jpg]

Task #2 - 2 TPE

[Image: KMWM8bj.jpg]

Task #3 - 2 TPE

Vancouver Center Daniil Nikiforov has had an amazing season with 54 points. His rival on Newfoundland in the finals will be Center Mats Marner. Both are very strong players but Nikiforov has the edge on paper. He has the edge on Marner in every major statistical category except hits and blocked shots. If the Four Star Cup finals were played one-on-one, it seems like it would be contest. Daniil leads a high-scoring Whalers squad with 23 goals and 31 assists. Marner leads the Berserkers with 41 total points. Marner has the edge on defense with 74 hits and 35 blocked shots for a total of 109. Nikiforov has less than half of that, with only 51 of those two combined. Time will tell, and this is why they play the games because anything can happen.

Task #4 - 3 TPE

Dwayne Gretzky gives back by helping to sponsor Alex's Lemonade Stand events all throughout Newfoundland. These events help to earn money to support the fight against pediatric cancer. The stand gives away cups of lemonade for free, but donations are greatly accepted an appreciated. Dwayne has been a proponent of the organization for a long time and has dedicated hundreds of hours to helping this great cause. He arrives at sites early in the mornings on various weekends to help setup tables and make lemonade. Throughout the day, he meets with fans; taking pictures and signing autographs. It is one of his favorite ways to give back to the community. He is an and coming star in the league, and the public enjoys being to interact with him. It is great for the league, and great for Alex's Lemonade Stand. People are always very generous with their donations, and Dwayne hopes that one day we can put an end to pediatric cancer.

Task #8 - 3 TPE

I had a disappointing rookie campaign, but that was mainly due to limited ice time. Averaging just over 8 minutes a game, it was hard to get into a sustained groove. While ending with only 12 points, it was on defense where I really sacrificed for the team. Despite having the lowest ice time in the SMJHL, I outhit 116 other players and had more blocked shots than 56 others. I took out my frustration of being underused by wreaking havoc on the ice when I could. Hopefully, next season, my ice time will increase dramatically and I can prove myself on the ice with many more scoring opportunities. I am a talented rookie that just needs a chance to shine. I was a 4th line player for a defending Four Star Cup and loved every minute of being a Berserker. However, next season, I expect to become a star. The league will soon be talking about me more than they have been, and I will back it that chatter with my play.

Task #11 - 3 TPE

I am in the middle of the Four Star Cup finals as a member of the Newfoundland Berserkers and it has been quite a ride so far. As the draft looms closer, I expect to be a Top 5 pick at worst. I have never stopped training and the offseason will be no different. My determination and earnings have proven that I should be considered the next great superstar in the league. I have spent my whole life being doubted and overlooked by coaches, only to prove them wrong when the time came. I loved having a chip on my shoulder, but now I am no longer an afterthought. I could make the case that I should be the #1 pick, and I could make a very convincing one. But rest assured, that any team that passes on me will definitely regret it. Maybe a team will trade up to get me, or maybe I will fall far in the 1st round. The latter would be a mistake. The Berserkers know what they have in me; a grinder with no quit in him. Get on board the Dwayne Train and buckle up!

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020, 03:43 PM by SewingWithNancy.)

Task #2 - 2 TPE
Everyone loves a stress ball. Those foam rubbery guys are great to squeeze while watching your favorite team of trees play their hearts out. Spectators showing up to the arena on opening night will get either a Pine Tree to represent the team or an Axe to represent what we do to our opponents. We are hopeful that regardless of which stress ball you receive at the door, that you will hold them in the air while cheering after a goal, or utilize them when we inevitably head into overtime where we will squeeze out a win for ourselves while you squeeze these bad boys. We want to see these in the crowd for every home game of the season.
Words-120

Task #4 - 3 TPE
With Sean coming from Colorado, he cares about outdoor activities and making sure that everyone has the chance to get outside and see nature in all its glory, regardless of capability or socio economic class. He is bringing a popular charity from Colorado to Maine to show the wonders of nature to those less fortunate. Is there a hike that ends a waterfall that people in wheel chairs will never get to see and experience? This group will get a team together to carry that person using a specialized chair that 4 people carry together. Other members in the group will run water and food for the everyone. The group also organizes hikes as afterschool activities for kids from poorer backgrounds who want to see nature, but come from families that dont have the time/money/history to show their kids the wonders of the world. Obviously nature conservatory is highly pushed and taught. We want future generations to be able to enjoy the world as we have been able to.
Words-171

Task #8 - 3 TPE
I did not meet my expectations of getting pucks in net. I knew that I wound’t be super effective as a rookie however I expected to shoot better than 4.62%.  With 65 shots on goal I was only able to find the back of the net three times. As a defenseman I was also lackluster and need to work on turning the puck over. 26 give aways is too many and a few of those probably attributed to at least a few goals as I also went -18 on the season. Puck handling training needs to really be stepped up, along with more strength training. More gym time will be necessary to play with the big boys. Especially since I have goals of making it to the SHL. Skating drills need to also be focused on the improve my explosiveness since I know im not the fastest skater in the world.
Words- 151

Task #11 - 3 TPE
I'm spending my time with Team USA playing in the WJC. When that tournament ends I plan on spending some time with my family back in Denver. When Im not with them or in the weight room, I will be with my agent and manager talking to prospective SHL teams. Its a full time job even when the season isn’t in session. Counting hours in the gym while also working with my management team, I seem to be looking at at least 60hrs a week. For people that think off season is relaxing, they need to spend a day with me. Its non stop. The most relaxation I will see will be eating my moms cooking and grabbing a beer with a few friends at any of the many breweries in our city. Shout out to Cerebral Brewing and TRVE Brewing. Best beer in the city by far and Im looking forward to enjoying a few pints during the few hours i have available.
Words-164

Task #12 - 3 TPE
Well what all of my SHL suitors have to be excited about is my work ethic. I put in the time required to be the best player I can possibly be. Earning top 10 TPE while being a 100% rookie is something I am proud of. What they should be wary of is that even though I am in the top 10, Sean has really underperformed comparatively to the other top 10 TPE earners. I dont know if Sean isn’t playing well because the Timber have too many good players and he isn’t able to keep up, or if I am building incorrectly (which I very much doubt) However this slump isn’t sustainable as far as statistics go. So next season I believe is where we will see Sean really start to shine. Capping out in the next few weeks we will really see how it all pans out. So to all the scouts out there. Draft Sean Gatez!
Words-159

Task #13 - 2 TPE
A: Markleesio Hopscotch is easily the best name on either roster. In line with words/phrases that are just sonically pleasing like Cellar Door, or Jargon, or Trump Lost. Markleesio Hopscotch just flows off the tongue with the grace of a ballerina. Everyone say it with me Mar-klee-sio Hop-Scotch. You didn’t know you liked it so much till now huh?
Words-59

B: One word. No. While the Berserkers have been hot defensively and have been stifling offenses across the league during these playoffs, I dont think they will be able to contain Vancouver enough to get the job done. Am I saying this just because they beat us in round two and im letting that dictate my feelings about them? Yes, yes I am. Newfoundland will lose because they deserve it.
Words-69

2+3+3+3+3+2 = 16 TPE
Timber Timber Timber Timber

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 11:28 PM by spooked.)

Quote:Task #4 - 3 TPE
Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:

Arsene is all about helping the community, he took part of many community events and charity events over his first season in Anaheim. His favorite was before the season began when the team helped out at the community beach volleyball tournament which was fundraising for a local charity. There were many reasons why it was his favorite. First he was brand new and almost no one even knew he was with the team so he pretty much got to just relax on the beach the whole time whenever he wasn’t told to help out by the coach. Second, beach volleyball is fun to play and fun to watch, so the event wasn’t too boring like some other events that happened over the season. Finally Arsene was able to hang out with his teammates at this event, making friends with some of his team, and got to pull some pranks on fellow rookie Vin, who Arsene would have to help keep pucks out of the rest for the rest of the season! 171 Words

Quote:Task #5 - 3 TPE
Make a dream team of players from the Whalers and Berserkers (3F, 2D, 1G), and give a small explanation for each pick. Alternatively, make a graphic displaying your dream team.
Requirements:

LW – Rotticus Scott
C – Daniil Nikiforov
RW© – Mats Marner
LD – Tinke Jutila
RD – Johnny Shuffleboard
G – Cale Amundsen

Starting from the back, I chose Cale Amundsen as a solid netminder who has been consistently strong for Newfoundland all season. He has strong stats in this playoff run as well as a huge win total during the regular season, and picking him just makes sense. On the blue line I chose Tinke Jutila and Johnny Shuffleboard, as this duo provides a huge presence on the back end in Jutila and an allstar calibre threat in Shuffleboard. This dro provides the balance a pairing needs as well as the reliability! On the front end I chose to line up Rotticus Scott, Daniil Nikiforov, and Mats Marner (out of position). This trio has it all in the Vancouver duo of Nikiforov and Scott which were on fire all year, as well as a strong goalscoring outlet in Marner to help bang in goals when his linemates create chances. There are really too many options up front, but the duo from Vancouver are an auto include as they have been unstoppable, and providing them with a third who can just help improve their scoring chances makes this line even better. 185 Words.

Quote:Task #8 - 3 TPE
You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Looking back on my first season I think I feel worse about my performance than I should. That has a lot to do with the outstanding start I had over the first 20-30 games where I was nearly going point-per-game at times as rookie defenseman. That was honestly way above my expectations, and it was awesome. Unfortunately after the halfway point of the season my production basically stopped. I expected to dip at some point as I had a higher than expected shooting percentage, but even my assists total slowed to a halt. Thankfully the team was still doing well for the most part, and I closed out the regular season among the highest point scorers of my class as a defenseman, which was above expectations at the start of the year even though my player is fairly offensive. I think the special teams minutes probably had something to do with that, but I did get a good run this season. My playoffs were also better than I expected going in, despite Anaheim being knocked out in what was probably an upset. I think next season will be another grind like this one, trying to figure out what works, hoping that I can move up the lineup successfully into a key role, and hopefully improve the team’s position in the standings. 221 Words.

Quote:Task #12 - 3 TPE
Write a pre-draft scout report on your player from the perspective of a journalist covering the prospects of the S57 draft class. What do possible SHL suitors have to be excited (or perhaps wary?) about when it comes to potentially drafting your player?

Despite coming off a successful first season, Arsene Leclerc struggled to make an impact in the second half of the season and in the playoffs. He is arguably still the top rated skater in this class of prospects, but there are questions about how much he is ahead of his peers. Coming into the draft teams should look at his highly-offensive skill-set as well as his relatively reliable defensive game as it applies to their needs in the future. There is no question Arsene will be an SHL player in the future, but in order to really make his mark in the league he will need to earn a spot on a teams power play and get those all-important minutes in the opponent's end of the ice. One of the pros to picking up Arsene in the draft is his well-known ability to adapt to his team’s needs and willingness to be a role-player if needed. This guy just wants to play and he is willing and able to adjust his game to suit the playstyle of those around him and meet team expectations. 184 Words.

Quote:Task #13 - 4 TPE

Slimey Snail is an elite SHL name due to its ability to confuse, distract, and inspire. It has 10/10 meme potential, solid non-hockey related attributes, and very high on the what the fuck scale. I am not sure if this name can be topped, there are very few I find as weird but also somehow appealing and truly great. 60 words.

I honestly believe anything is possible when it comes to Defensive aspects of hockey. Having a strong and well-rounded offense is deadly, but also very difficult to really “get” without a good amount of fortune. Having a solid defense, in contrast, can be built through smart player building, deployment, and strategy choices. I think it is possible for the Berserkers to contain Vancouver to an extent, the issue will be if they can do so while also having enough offence themselves to perform well. 84 Words.

In both cases, they needed to capitalize on close games. All four of the semi-final teams were solid, Vancouver maybe being a slightly better class than the rest, but for the two teams knocked out, it really was all about making sure all games stayed close and doing their best to turn some of them into wins. When both teams are good, it really turns into a game of centimeters. 70 Words.

Daniil Nikiforov VAN C

One of the very few players to surpass point-per-game pace this season, as well as slotting up the middle makes Daniil one of the most important players on his team, and one of the most impactful in the league.

Cale Amundsen NL G

On a team that mostly scored as a unit, it was NL’s goalie that stood out the most. Mainly due to putting up a very solid save percentage at .914 as well as leading the league in wins. On a solid team like NL is, having a stud in net is the make-or-break that has held back other teams in this league, making Cale’s strong season very important to putting his team into prime position for the playoffs.

111+ Words.

3+3+3+3+4 = 16

Task 16 trivia competed.

Word is 

Revolution

[Image: 5Bygtfu.jpg]

[Image: PXSvEyr.jpg]

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: Write a 100 word blurb about the item, including details on during which game was / will be given out.
- GRAPHIC:  Include a picture of the item and at least one SMJHL logo; must look like you at least kinda tried.

After a slow start for not only my Raptors but more so for myself, I felt the need to give back to the fans something significant.  Dove into my pockets and financed a product to give to the first five hundred fans that attended our 15th home game.  We built a giant bobble head of myself, tiny legs and body with a big goalie mask featuring my home game goalie mask.  Its not only funny looking as it is a caricature like bobble head but it also a night light where you plug it into the wall and it shines through with Raptor colors.  It also features an AM/FM alarm clock.

Code:

Task #3 - 2 TPE
Write a magazine style article or make a magazine cover featuring a player comparison from any series matchup. You can compare player stats, etc. or get creative and compare their pregame superstitions or whatever.
Requirements:
- WRITTEN: 100+ words.
- GRAPHIC: Team logos and player renders plus an article blurb or tagline.

Well the series between the Quebec Citadels and the Colorado Raptors featured two opposite style goalies.   On the Raptors, Yanno Rosejac known for his seriousness and competitive side has a pregame superstitions ritual like no other.  He has a Red Flowered Bow tie which he wears to all home games and wears it up to the last minute right before he puts on his goalie mask.  At the other end of the spectrum, Quebec goalie Matt Smith has been seen with a bizarre superstition himself.  Every home game, Smith has the knack to arrive very late to the arena, driving all the coaching staff crazy wondering if he'll show or not.  Why? Because Mr. Smith needs to drive his car for a total of 69 km from door to door of his home to the arena.  

Code:

Task #4 - 3 TPE
Requirements:
GRAPHIC: Include team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event

I really do consider myself the luckiest man alive.  the charity event I chose to participate in was for alcohol anonymous.  Many men and women suffer with this addiction and I want to try and help as much as I can.  My event took place at a local ski resort with great accommodations to receive up to five thousand people.  I myself with a couple of other team members sold five thousand tickets to attend this great day.  The tickets included one day/night pass for all the skiing you can do,  a supper banquet with a seven coarse meal and all that is  followed with an admission to the great hall where a casino style poker game tournament was being held.  With professional dealers and live bands playing throughout the night.  It was a great success and the charity managed to raise close to seventy five thousand dollars.

Code:

Task #8 - 3 TPE

I came into this season roaring like a "Dino" if you will.  I was ready to set records and carry my team to the promised land.  Scouted various goalie builds and set forth to build myself the best one......  Fast track to the end of the season, well all though my build did get slightly better at the end of the season but it was in the playoffs where i had most success.  Combined playoffs and last 10 games of the season I managed to collect five shutout games.  Getting my save percentage over 90% and making the key saves for my team.  All in all I am pleased with the stats but it is not enough, next season is the one for me, putting in extra time after practice and double dipping in the gym as well with morning and evening programs 6 days a week.  This should insure a breakout season for S57!

Code:

Task #13 - 1-4 TPE

A)Vaseline Podcalzone- why not?  This one makes me laugh, maybe I am immature but I'm not the one who came up with it.  Also I see calzone in there and who does not love a nice folded pizza.  Add to that, he has a great nick name with the first letters of each name and you get VP!  Power move right there!
B)Its a plain NO for me.  The Vancouver Whalers have way too much fire power and also a group of seasoned veterans on the roster.  Daniil Nikiforov with 6 goals is poised to strike at any time, combined with you get an elite two way forward in Rotticus Scott who can make tape to tape passes any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
C) Well for Carolina, simply put in this fake timeline they did not go up against the best SMJHL team of all time for starters.  And this time around they actually score more than 15 goals in a seven game series.
And for Anchorage, first thing they do right is not lose a game on home ice.  By winning all their home games the edge out the Berserkers and fall forward into the finals.
D) Going out on  limb here and say Santtu Rasanen of the Anchorage Armada,  16 goals and 46 points and the sparkplug of the Armada powerplay collecting a total of 18 points nine of which were goals.  Also a fierce competitor and did not shy away from the physicality with 51 hits and only 9 pim.

Code:

Task #9 - 2 TPE
Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Berserkers (Vikings) and a pack of hyper-aggressive Whales? Would the brute force of the Vikings win out, or would the sheer size and power of the whales determine the outcome? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.

I like the optimism but being the animal lover I am its the Whales all the way.  Vikings can have all the metal and weapons they want but ultimately the Whales have home ice advantage in this one and throughout the whole ordeal.  Stealth (under water) strength (huge mammals), wits (proven to communicate with one another) and speed combined with the act of surprise, they will destroy and size group of Vikings they encounter.  One swing of their tales and its lights out for any around.  Don't think the Whales would suffer one casualty too.

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2020, 06:33 AM by Jepox.)

Code:
Task #13 - 1-4 TPE
Slimey Snail of the Vancouver Whalers is the best name in the series bar bar none. I mean come on, just think about it. It's a snail playing hockey how much better can that get. PBJ Soupcan is pretty close as well but in my opinion a snail could defend better than PK Subban so Slimey wins. (57 words)

I'm going to go with the old saying defense wins championships here and base my decision off of that. With this thinking I do in fact believe that the Newfoundland Berserkers' strong defense and goaltending can hold off the Vancouver Whalers' high powered offense and incredible depth and lead them to a victory that the old boys club would be proud of. (62 words)

I'd be inclined to believe that if Carolina and Anchorage were the two cup finalists over Vancouver and Newfoundland, they would probably have scored more goals than the other team, and most definitely would have won more games than they did. Anchorage would have a better PDO and scored when they outshot their opponents, and seen better play from their goalie. Carolina also did some stuff that was detrimental to their success and would've won had they not done that. (80 words)

The Vancouver Whalers had an incredibly deep team but Daniil Nikiforov was especially great this season, leading the league in scoring* and tying for second in goals with another cup finalist opponent who shall remain nameless. As for Newfoundland, goaltending tandem Phillip Weaver and C.K. Supernaw held a 70 and 73 game rating respectively, with their strong seasons helping them to the playoffs and ultimately the finals. (67 words)

Code:
Task #7 - 2 TPE
This season featured the second usage of our new 12-team playoff format, which has come full of wacky surprises such as Eastern conference teams playing against Western conference ones before the finals, and a semifinals seeding of 1st vs 2nd  /  3rd vs 5th. What is your opinion on the format? Good or bad?
I think that the format is good. Despite weird matchups like that I think that it's good to get every team involved in the playoffs in the minors as it gets rookies involved and keep them interested instead of leaving with nothing going on from the end of the season until the draft. Player retention should be the number one priority of the junior league, and leaving rookies with nothing to do after having daily sims for so long is an easy way to kill interest quickly. And I mean I personally like the weird matchups, it creates some interesting storylines and fun series that you otherwise would not get. (110 words)

Code:
Task #10 - 3 TPE
So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?
Even though Anchorage will be losing their starting goalie and key defenders such as Pojo Biscuit and Bork Lazer, their forward core remains relatively untouched and will be rearing to reach the finals that they just fell short of this season. An improved crop of S57 rookies and some 425 unbanks should lead the Armada to have an extremely high powered offense that can win them games. Defensemen who in the past had taken on a bit of a smaller role will be shining next season as they get a chance to prove themselves with more playing time, and Chimkin Tendy will transition from backup goalie to the new starter. Big shoes to fill but if he can perform as Stratton did with Anchorage there should be no problems transitioning to this bigger role. Bjorn Thornsen will get to play his natural position of defense after spending the season at wing, and Pablo Salvatici and Tokkulu Lakkaama will look to jump up the depth chart as they improve over the offseason. (171 words)

Code:
Task #2 - 2 TPE
Requirements:
The home opener for the Anchorage Armada next season will be fan appreciation day for the Armada fans, and they will be surprised with their special commemorative item that Pablo Salvatici helped design for them. On every seat there will be a rally towel made out of polar bear fur and seal skin hunted just off the coast of Alaska. Is this illegal? Probably! Fans will get to take home this embroidered towel with a random player’s number as well as the logo stitched on. Make sure to put it somewhere safe and don’t let the authorities see you in possession of it, as this is definitely not legal to own! (111 words)

Code:
Task #9 - 2 TPE
I will assume that we are talking about humpback whales in this scenario, and according to https://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjec.../Pod.shtml they travel in pods of 10+ humpbacks, so I will assume it is a pod of 10. Google has given me varying results but I will assume there are about 30-40 Vikings in this group. Now, if the Vikings are on their boat then the humpbacks will win as they can completely destroy the boat with ease, sending the Vikings into the water and most likely causing them to drown or die from the pressure or some shit if they end up far enough underwater. If the Vikings are on land however, they will win as whales can’t come on land. They’ll just end up beaching themselves if they’re aggressive enough to try and come on land. When beached the Vikings can split up and just start beating the fuck out of them. I don’t think anyone wins in this situation though, why would Vikings fight a pod of whales? Why would the whales attack humans? Just doesn’t make any sense. (178 words)

Code:
Task #16: Trivia (3 TPE)
Verification word: gabejohnsonsucks

(16/16)

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020, 10:10 AM by Hordle.)

Quote:Task #2 - 2 TPE
Quote:Your team is giving back to their supporters by holding a fan appreciation day for one of their games, where the team will hand out a special commemorative item to show thanks for their continued support of the franchise. You have been tasked to design the product to be given out to the attendees (can be a rally towel, foam finger, bobble head, etc.)
Requirements:

WELCOME QCC FANS! We here at the Quebec City Citadelles are very thankful to have such a devoted fan base. And as such we are looking to give back to the fans. However we’ve also been interested in spreading more awareness and interest to our younger fan base with a special item. On opening night please head to the team store where every child will receive a free stuffed QCC Owl! This fluffy, wise creature will keep an eye on your child so you can watch the game. (Please note that this is a stuffed animal and can not actually watch your children. QCC is not responsible for any children left unattended during games. If a child is left unattended they will be trained to play hockey. You have been warned.) This friendly owl comes in three different colors. White, grey and even a light blue. Pick yours up at the team store today!

Code:
154 words

Quote:Task #4 - 3 TPE
Quote:Professional hockey players are among the luckiest members of a community, but not everyone is given the same opportunities. As such, many players are expected to give back to the community by volunteering their time and energy off the ice with various charitable organizations. Either write about a charity or event that your player helped out with, or create a flyer or invitation for your event, including team logo, a photo of your player render, and the charity/charities being supported by the event.
Requirements:

After missing the draft for his technical rookie season. Ward was able to find a spot with a team in QCC. His luck continued from there as he had a good rookie season. Now he is looking to give back to the community that had welcomed him. Setting up a few nights with some of the local rinks around the city. Ward started an event to allow kids and parents to come out and shoot against him in the net for a few hours. With a cover fee of 10 dollars, all proceeds get put into a fund for the local children's hospital. Though that wasn’t the end for Wards charitable night. The rookie goaltender knew what it was like to grow up unable to afford new gear. As such Ward hosted a drive using his own money, and donations, to give hockey gear to lower income families. Hoping that this could help not only get more people into hockey. But also help keep kids out of trouble as they focus more on hockey. Ward has stated that he plans on doing this every year until he physically can’t do it anymore. 

Code:
192 Words

Quote:Task #8 - 3 TPE
Quote:You just played out your very first season in the SMJHL to start a new chapter in your career. Overall, how would you say you performed in your rookie season? Did you meet expectations you set for yourself individually? What do you need to improve on for next season?

Ward's rookie season was fairly impressive. Playing in 15 games and winning 9 of them is a decent start for any fresh rookie. Ward came into the season unaware of what would happen. He wasn’t even sure that he would end up on a team with the congestion at the goaltender position. But thanks to the generosity of the QCC gms, Ward was able to land on a team. Starting behind the future legend in Mat Smith, Ward was able to learn a lot. Finishing the season with 2 shutouts and a GGA of 2.28. 

Ward’s main goal for next season is to be more consistent. While he had a good season, there are games he wants back and his goal is going to be to lock down and become more solid of a wall. With the congestion at GT, he will have at least another season to improve and help QCC win a cup. Though Mat will still be the starter, Ward assumes that he will see around the same amount of starts for the next season. 

Code:
178 Words

Quote:Task #9 - 2 TPE
Quote:Who would win in a fight between an actual real group of Berserkers (Vikings) and a pack of hyper-aggressive Whales? Would the brute force of the Vikings win out, or would the sheer size and power of the whales determine the outcome? All variables for said fight are up to your discretion.

This solely depends on terrain. I guess in some weird simulation thing where you can have equal ground for both then it might be closer. But we’re not looking at that because the prompt said it’s up to my discretion. So let's get started. We’re gonna start with the Berserkers. The Vikings were one of the most fierce and terrifying groups of all time. Between their raids and the way they fought. They struck fear in the hearts of the british everywhere. If they were to fight whales on land then the fight would go to them. Beached whales aren’t exactly mobile and with the viking weapons it would be a painful death for our sea mammal friends. 

Now for the whales. Going into the ocean against them would be a death sentence for the vikings. “But they have seafaring ships” yeah that doesn’t matter if the Whale hits it from underneath or just hits them with a massive five star whale splash. Then you just wait for them to drown and game over.

Either way this isn’t a fair fight. 

Code:
181 words

Quote:Task #10 - 3 TPE
Quote:So your team just got eliminated these playoffs, and have to look forward to next season where hopefully things go differently. What does your team have to be excited about for next season, where they'll have another go at the coveted 4-star cup?

The biggest thing for QCC is the team is sticking together. Aside from some late call ups. The majority of QCC will be returning for the next season. Thus leading to the team having no major needs and the ability to make some moves if they so desire. With Smith and Ward in net and a stacked top 4 d-man group. Rieley is going to need a bit more help on the offensive side of things. Though there are plenty of people that can step up into the role. QCC has a good chance of improving. The team is looking to improve on their slow start for last season. Though they were able to pick it up mid season. The team is gonna look to get off to a better start so they can get better standing next season. The team is gonna be strong and contend. Calling it now QCC will make the playoffs for the next 4 seasons. 

Code:
180 Words

Verification: Firefly

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Task #2 - 2 TPE

The Falcons love fluffy friends and now we are extending that love to our fans. The design I am presenting is a large plush of our fantastic logo, a large red falcon! It's about 1’8” in length and about half of that in height. This fantastic Falcons plush was given out to all attendees on our last game of the regular season. Except being totally awesome, it also had the excellent use for the fans to dig their heads into and cry after this catastrophic season was finally done. There were some troubles with logistics, especially when everyone was leaving after the game, but those problems were just SKREE'd away.
(110 words)

Task #4 - 3 TPE

Jonathan may not look like it, but he actually enjoys cooking a lot. That is one of the main reasons to why he volunteered to help in a local soup kitchen. The differences in perspective is quite grand and it is good not just for society that Granström helps out. He also finds an inner peace from helping out the less fortunate. This day at the soup kitchen went by relatively easy. Not a lot happened except what can be considered the usual for a soup kitchen. Besides cooking and serving the food Jonathan also took some time to talk to the various people that showed up. Spending the time as a future SHL prospect can change your worldview, which is something that could preferably be avoided. The conversations were about a lot of different things but despite having to come to a soup kitchen for food a lot of the people were positive for the future. Jonathan did in fact agree with them and promised to not forget about them and return to help and talk to them in the future as well. A bit of a strange feeling as you probably want to avoid coming back for food, but perhaps next time, they would be there, not as receivers, but givers.
(213 words)

Task #7 - 2 TPE

While I do like that all SMJHL teams have a chance to play in the playoffs, this does not feel great. The wacky surprises are surprises that at least I would rather avoid. First of all, how can there be a conference champion if the conferences are not played in their separate brackets? It leaves a sour taste in the mouth at how the conclusions were not there in the same way. But even worse is the semi-finals. Playing well in the regular season should not land you with the possibility to face another top team when the two teams with a worse regular season play against each other. In case of continuing with the wacky playoffs, the conference system might need an update. The playoffs are as they are, but if playing in the middle can be rewarded in playoffs there might be future issues. All in all, I am not a fan of this, but I might be wrong. The more important thing is that all SMJHL teams gets a go at playoffs for all the rookies to have a taste of it.
(185 words)

Task #8 - 3 TPE

The first season was a tough one. Detroit had a really rough season that at least had a decent ending. For my own performance, I did okay. There were absolutely things I could have done better. Especially offensive. A total of 15 points is not good enough, even for a rookie season. At the same time I was pretty okay defensively. 72 blocked shots is actually quite good. However, a +/- of -13 is not acceptable. There is quite a bit of room for improvement there. The one thing offensively I really had going for myself was however the amazing sh%. 23.53% lands me on second place for best shooting percentage for any player with a full season played in SMJHL. What needs to be improved now is to decrease giveaways and increase takeaways, shoot more, give better passes, keep improving physically and keep on improving what I already have done well. With more TOI, some continued development, and not just for me but for everyone in Detroit, I am sure I can have a great second season.
(177 words)

Task #11 - 3 TPE

Offseason, huh? It definitely feels like onseason. Except worrying for the draft, there is also the WJC and preparations for next season. Except for that there is also the constant chatter coming from the locker room! Once you go there, you will not come back out again! This offseason is a lot more active than the one I had last season. Now that I know what to expect, preparations are a go. Early trainings, interviews, and absolutely not least, being scouted. I definitely think about half my time in the offseason is spent worrying and waiting for the coming SHL draft. The WJC is also time well spent! It is good to once again see other swedes and to play together again. The rest of the time, that is to come at least, is going to be spent resting into shape. With such a tough season, I do not think anyone could be blamed for taking a break from hockey for a bit and going back home visiting family and friends.
(171 words)

Task #16 - Finals Trivia - 3 TPE (1 for participation, 0.5 for each correct response. Half TPE rounds up.)

Verification word: Yummy

TPE: +16

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]