Create Account

Rookie Tasks Announcement!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020, 02:08 PM by thedangazone.)

Hello SHL!

The recruitment team has been hard at work this season coming up with some new and interesting additions to the league. We’re happy to announce one of these today as the offseason is quickly approaching upon us. With inspiration from our affiliate’s similar system in PBE we are pleased to bring you:

SHL ROOKIE TASKS!

Starting with S58 SHL rookies (S57 SMJHL rookies) and onward, each rookie can complete a set of up to 8 tasks and be awarded money for each task. This will apply to all users on the site but will only be valid once per user. Tasks will also only be available during a user’s rookie season with their new player. We wanted to definitely provide a way for our incoming rookies to get a little more money (for doing a little work) to help their bank accounts. We also wanted to make sure that every user had the same opportunity instead of only incoming new creates. We also hope that by staggering who can complete the tasks we don’t overload the recruitment team in grading as there will inevitably be a lot of tasks and claims done right away. To lay it out in bullet points for easy viewing:

- Rookie tasks are available to all users during their player’s rookie season.
- Tasks are only available to a user once in their lifetime on site. (That does NOT mean once per player)
- 8 tasks will be available, each worth $1,000,000 each. If a user completes all 8 tasks they will receive a $1,000,000 bonus for a payout of up to $9,000,000 total.

The 8 rookie tasks are as follows:
1. Create an update page
2. Claim an activity check
3. Buy a week of training (or claim free first training for first gen players)
4. Complete a PT (“Your first PT” and the "Rookie Survey PT" do not count)
- Please link to the claim thread of a PT you are submitting for this instead of linking the PT itself. We hope that will make tracking and verification easier on the recruitment team and keep us from being the determining force on what is or is not a PT or counts as a PT.
5. Create a graphic
- Please put that this graphic is a "Rookie Task Graphic" in the title of the thread. Every graphic that is submitted as a rookie task graphic will receive a base payout equivalent to a grade of .5 / 5 on the graphics grading scale for 125k. With the 1M received for doing this task we hope this mitigates that payout and also makes things much easier on the graphics team. By labeling it a "Rookie Task Graphic" as well you will not use your 1st time graphic bonus.
If you do not label the graphic with "Rookie Task Graphic" then you will be submitted to normal grading guidelines and will use up your 1st time graphic bonus.
6. Write a Deep Dive
7. Watch an SHL or SMJHL stream on YouTube
    -To verify, please do one of the following and post it in your rookie tasks claim:
      Write 150 words about the games that happened during the stream
      Create a 2-min podcast about the stream
      Create a graphic about your favorite part of the stream
8. Complete the Rookie Survey (post that you completed it and we will verify with the rookie mentor head that it is complete for credit)
    - As recreates can not complete the rookie survey we simply ask them to link a player page from a past player for this task instead

For claiming tasks simply make a post in the Rookie Task thread and link each task in said post to be graded. Please keep all claims in the same post and one of the Recruitment Team will come by and grade each task to verify they are done and then award the proper amount.

Once a recruitment member has replied to your post, please create a separate post in the thread with any additional tasks completed. Make sure to link any previous claim posts in subsequent claim posts for easy verification.

The first claim thread for S57 SMJHL rookie tasks will be posted tomorrow!

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the tasks please message me or another member of the recruitment team and we'll be happy to answer any you may have.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Man, I’m looking forward to recreating for this

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Hella good, kinda wishing I could participate

[Image: retu2.png][Image: iihf1.png?ex=65bcbcc0&is=65aa47c0&hm=800...d5443e8a9&]

I like this

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26

good change tdz

11-10-2020, 01:24 PMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote: Man, I’m looking forward to recreating for this
Tasks are only available to a user once in their lifetime on site.

i think any of us already here are exempt from this neat thing

11-10-2020, 01:41 PMGeekusoid Wrote:
11-10-2020, 01:24 PMThe__Y-man__100 Wrote: Man, I’m looking forward to recreating for this

Nope everyone can do it! Just have to be in your rookie season and then it's only once per user once it's already done.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

11-10-2020, 01:45 PMTheDangaZone Wrote:
11-10-2020, 01:41 PMGeekusoid Wrote: Tasks are only available to a user once in their lifetime on site.

Nope everyone can do it! Just have to be in your rookie season and then it's only once per user once it's already done.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?    That's AWESOME

Great addition

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

I can do things! Yay!

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

This is awesome

[Image: Grapehead.gif]
TY NOKA AND VALOR FOR THESE WORKS OF ART
Player Page | Update Page

Stars Battleborn Czechia

Great stuff!

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

11-10-2020, 01:41 PMGeekusoid Wrote:

“Once in their life time” I have yet to claim such a thing in the past before, so technically yes it will be the first time

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

Good Deal

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Isn't like 9M a bit too much? Like, this is a great thing to boost activity and get new players more in to league, but... 9M? No need to make graphics, media for these guys for a long time. I don't know... Maybe that's only me, but I think that's too much. I think it might be less - like 500K for each step, so you can get up to like 4M or 5M. Doing this already gives you max SHL equipment for 28 TPE (worth 8,5M) and there's even 500K left...

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]