Create Account

HIRED: Events Team
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2020, 06:38 PM by nour.)

The Events Department 

Over the past several seasons, the league has made several steps forward to improving the overall presentation of the league. In the spirit of continuing down that path, we will be implementing a new Events Department. The goal of this department is to push for quality of life improvements to enhance how users visually interact with league functions, such as the drafts, awards shows, and even the sims. Members of this department will be expected to work with other league staff to drive these improvements. 

Here are a few examples of what the new Events Department will aim to accomplish:
• The Sim: Implement new, custom graphics during the playoffs to show which teams are going head to head, as well as the score. Other additional details may be added at the discretion of the simmer and graphic producer. 
• Awards Shows: Create new graphics (ie. signatures) to be given to award winners. 
• Hall of Fame: Create new graphics (ie. signature) for inductees, or possibly a larger graphic for the entire class. 
• Drafts: Design an implement a better draft overlay to enhance the viewing experience of the livestreamed drafts. 
• Calendar: Work with the various staff heads and commissioners to update the calendar with important dates regularly.

Staffing Requirements: 
• (x1) Events Department Head: Responsible for the overall conduct of the events department, as well as for coordinating with the various departments and relaying information. The head will be expected to take overall responsibility of all seasonal activities, with consultation from the commissioners. Pay: 7 Million 
• (x3) Dedicated Graphics Team: Responsible for producing new graphics for the various events. The graphics team will be the lifeblood of the new events department: they are expected to not merely produce graphics at the behest of the department head, but rather drive the overall art direction. Pay: 5 Million (eligible for performance bonuses) 
• (x1 to 2) Coordinators: Responsible for maintaining the calendar, helping the graphics team and department head communicate with other relevant departments, as well as providing feedback for any new initiatives. In sum, they will help ensure the department functions efficiently as well as provide a layer of quality control. Pay: 4 Million

Please complete the following application:
Code:
SHL Username:
Which position are you applying for?:
If you are unsuccessful in applying for your first choice, which (if any) other positions would you like to be considered for?:
What experience do you have on site that is relevant to this role? Link some graphics you have made if it applies:
What sort of ideas do you have for this position?:
Anything else you would like us to know?:

Please submit your applications to @SDCore or @nour via PM or on discord. Applications close Tuesday, November 17th at 11:59 PM EST. We will hire the Event's Department Head first, and work with them to hire the rest of the team!

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!
[Image: reidsuth.gif]

this is sweet, good luck reid

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

Updated OP with deadline: Tuesday November 17th, 11:59 PM EST

Thanks Wasty, Carpy, JSS, TurdFerguson, Geekusoid and Awesomecakes for the sigs!

Bump! Last day to apply!

Hey y'all I'm really excited to be bringin @sve7en on board as the new Events head! This was an insanely tough application process with some great apps but we're really excited to see what he can do in this role, thanks so much to all who applied!

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

grats 7

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Woop! Pumped to continue making the SHL a super engaging league for people to exist in!

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]