Create Account

S57 SMJHL Earlybird PT

The time has come. Your talent has been noticed by scouts at the highest junior level, and you are set to be drafted into the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. What are the talents you possess that got you on the radar for these scouts as the S57 SMJHL Draft approaches?

Written option: Write about the main strengths of your player in 50 words or more.

Graphic option: Make a graphic of your player demonstrating their main strength. Must include a player/render and mention what the strength is.

Reward
2 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S57 SMJHL Rookies (S58 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT. Anyone from any other class who does this gets a personal downrep from me.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline
The start of the SMJHL Entry Draft

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 07:52 PM by siddhus.)

Bjorn Jakobsen is a new draftee in the upcoming SMJHL Draft. When asked about his strengths and weaknesses, it was pretty clear that his physicals were strong. Jakobsen is 6 feet and 11 inches tall and 300 pounds, and that is a big asset as a defender, being able to shield out the opposing team's offense while on defense.

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 03:55 PM by Leppish.)

Pavel Jeziak is an exciting prospect heading towards the draft, his biggest strenght is his ability to play well both ends of the ice, something his father and former SHL player Travis Jeziak was also good at. Offensively, Jeziaks strenghts are his good shot and great vision. He can score goals and rack up assists as well. Pavel is also great skater and has excellent work ethic willing to do whatever it takes to get better and make it to the big league.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

Gerry atrick will be among the best rookies this season. He is a strong two way left winger with the ability to score very often, while also stripping the puck from the offense and winning puck battles.
He will enter the SMJHL ready to show off his prowess on the ice and can't wait to prove all the naysayers wrong,

[Image: EFoZMdr.jpeg]

Kermit Murphy's greatest strength is literally his inhuman physical strength. He is gigantic and incredibly strong, allowing him to win puck battles and maintain strong positioning in front of the other team's net. He is capable of shielding the puck from defenders and drawing additional pressure to him before either getting the puck on net or finding an open teammate.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

Looking forward to the SMJHL entry draft, many scouts eyes have been on defenseman Gregory Goode, and for good reason. He is still raw but looks very promising on both sides of the puck (though he does lack physicality). Scouts are salivating at his skill at passing, though, with one scout quotes as saying "Goode will immediately become one of the league's premiere passers once drafted, that's how good his raw skill is".

Leon Schweingruber is a dynamic two way centerman who excels in the defensive aspect of his game. He has noticed though that his offensive skills need to be polished up so he has been working hard to improve his passing and it has been showing.

The one aspect of his game he prides himself the most on is his ability in the faceoff circle. He strives to win every battle and will continue to improve himself until he becomes the best at his position.

Zayne is fighter. Zayne is goon. Zayne is the toughest son of a [bleep] on ice. He's the Austrian Mike Tyson on skates. He's a good hockey player but he lives and plays the sport in the hopes of some punk thinking he's tough enough to square up against the mad man. Sometimes Zayne scores goals. That's a happy accident.

Friedensreich Hundertwasser is an extremely determined rookie who excels in the attacking portion of the game. Although he doesn't have the greatest shot he has a killer instinct and killer pass. He can read a defense well and isn't afraid to get dirty checking boys on the ice for fun. He's got decent athletic tangibles and he should be able to work on building up his skills over the season.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 07:28 PM by Sivart.)

Basil Sivart promises to be a standout in this competitive draft class. A former Goalie, watch for Basil to hone in on the defencive side of the game. Postitioning and hockey IQ tend to be his greatest strengths, ensuring he is always in the best spot to make a play. Dedicated off-the ice, expect Basil to be a top earner, always looking for new ways to improve his game. Open to input and coaching, this is a great fit for almost any team.

[Image: regsivart.gif]
[Image: SyiOY8U.png] [Image: rwqM7d3.png]

Team. Team. Team. That's what I was all about on my college team and what I'm all about in the professional ranks. With me, you're getting someone who's willing to do whatever it takes to help us get victories. Play as a setup man who we run the offense through? Sign me up. Want me to play a more secondary role on offense and be a role player off the bench? Let's go. Need me to handle the bulk of the scoring? Sounds good. I'm willing to work on and off the ice to help us take home championships. Whether that's from banging the media drums for our team, being a positive locker room influence, or stepping up and playing a starring role. I'll work harder and longer than anybody else in this draft class to take my game and our team as a whole to the next level.

159 words

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

In the upcoming SMJHL draft, Fredrik Stefansson has a arsenal of skills that any team can utilize on their roster, whether he needs to score a goal or defend the net. Being a up and down winger, Stefansson's puckhandling and shooting accuracy offers a deadly shot against whatever goalie comes in his way. In addition to the offence he offers, his defensive strength in positioning makes him great as both a defensive and offensive forward, able to backcheck when needed and stop shots from getting through over the blue line. All in all, Fredrik Stefansson is a excellent winger going into this draft class!

[Image: wimftXZ.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 08:07 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: ifHxNT7.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Luc is a hard working defenseman, his biggest strength is probably his size and how he uses it. He is able to hold onto the puck and win board battles by pushing and shoving his way to the puck. He isn't much of a fighter but he will win many net front battles and board battles.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Jonny Tsunami is the best offensive talent in this draft. The problem is... he’s also the worst defensive prospect in ages. Jonny Tsunami has an uncanny ability of getting open in the offensive zone, and has a heavy and accurate slap shot. The only reason he won’t get that much playing time is because of how bad he is on defense.

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]