Create Account

A First For Newfoundland
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2020, 10:18 PM by JNH.)

As our last move as Berserkers General Managers, @SDCore and I wanted to do something a little more meaningful than getting fined because I can't count.

Since Lethbridge was founded, we haven't inducted any player into a Hall of Fame for our franchise.  We've named awards after players that we've felt deserved the honour but with the changing of the guard we think it's time for a new tradition.

Now, we've had a fantastic last few seasons in Newfoundland.  Lots of players had impressive years - including Cale Amundsen hitting over 100 career wins this year and guys like Mats Marner going on a tear season after season.

These players are incredibly deserving and I'm sure they'll get their recognition in due time - but that's not what we're here for today.

Corey and I would like to make the first introduction to the Newfoundland Berserkers Hall of Fame.

This player graduated from the Newfoundland Berserkers having notched 153 points in his 200 games played.  That includes a less than impressive 8 points notched in his rookie year.  In S54, he won the award for being the league MVP in the regular season as voted by both the awards committee and his peers.  Oh, he also led the league in points and by himself won the Jared Hanson as the scoring leader.  In S55, he followed this up as he won the Elias Armia Award for Excellence.  He won the award for being the Most Dedicated in the SMJHL which I don't remember the name of.  Oh and he also led the league in assists in S55.  I'm getting a little tired from writing this but my points is this guy has hardware for days.  When he was called up he was the FHM all-time points leader.  Not too shabby. 

Outside of his league stats, he also had an incredible impact on the franchise itself.  This is incredibly important to our considerations for the Hall of Fame.  He's exemplified Newfoundland both on and off the ice.  He's been a consistent leader in our discord and is now set to lead Newfoundland into a new era.  If this hasn't given it away... I guess we'll reveal it. 

The inaugural inductee into the Newfoundland Berserkers Hall of Fame is....

Berserkers  Berserkers  Berserkers

[Image: FfDe7Mu.png]

Ryuuji Minamino!

Berserkers  Berserkers  Berserkers

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

LETS GO HAM

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

wooo

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

THATS MY SON

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Today is coming up all Ham. Well deserved bud

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Old GMs making the new GMs have more work to do... Classic NL

Oh and I guess congrats hambone.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

As a first gen who did his IP thread task after the draft already started, didn't even know when the draft started and wondered if he was going to be forgotten by the time it was over, being selected 56th overall to the Newfoundland Berserkers was absolutely a pivotal moment.

I never would have thought myself to be in this spot 10 months later but it's honestly all thanks to the Berserkers along the way, from the alum to current and future teammates. And of course to both @SDCore and @JNH for drafting possibly the three best earners so far, which has forced me to keep my game up every week in and out. Also special shoutout to @KlusteR who spotted me lost in the weeds.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

So well deserved!  Ham is the best.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

Our sweet boy <3

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

:turle

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

o neat

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Congratulations, @Nhamlet!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

What a beautiful dude <3

Been an honor my man!

[Image: Wally.png]

Congrats buddy!!!

[Image: kahnwald.png]
Sig by @Ragnar

Look at my boy go... tears up

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!