Create Account

The Official Anime Thread

I might be wrong, I often am... but I believe the joke was initially missed and since it went over the head of others it was transitioned into an awareness attempt of the scientific dangers of nuclear radiation.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 03:01 PM by teztify.)

11-17-2020, 02:55 PMhockeyiscool Wrote: I might be wrong, I often am... but I believe the joke was initially missed and since it went over the head of others it was transitioned into an awareness attempt of the scientific dangers of nuclear radiation.

A joke about anime is one thing. I joke with Sweg in Newfoundland discord, I don’t like anime.

Saying the Japanese have small underdeveloped brains is another and problematic for any of our users who are Japanese, of Japanese heritage, or who have Japanese loved ones. Don’t be shocked when people take exception to it?

Jokes about demographics being underdeveloped don’t tend to land - it’s not that it was missed.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

11-17-2020, 02:51 PMteztify Wrote:
11-17-2020, 02:23 PMsuavemente Wrote: Largely considered the start of formalized Anime: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astro_Boy
Literally called Mighty Atom and created in 1952. 
This writes itself, I can't believe this is shocking information for people who are actually fans of anime.

So your claim is that anime became a thing because the Japanese have small brains as a result of pre-natal exposure to radiation due to the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombing.

You back it up by citing Astro Boy.

Which was created by a man who was already an adult when the bombs were dropped, and lived in a different city.

Perhaps you should stop.

My initial statement was a joke referencing something historically tragic which I cited.
To think that the bombings didn't reset the culture and give rise to anime is simply inaccurate.
You should read into why it was called Mighty Atom, why the character was designed the way he was, and what audience the character was created for.
Every single article you could possibly look up about origin of Manga/Anime and its distinct character design style links back to Tezuka. The guy who created Mighty Atom. Some say he took his influence from Disney but many think he developed a style in response to the cultural and physiologically shattering event that is getting your homeland bombed by nuclear weapons. Maybe also look up why Godzilla exists...
Perhaps you should stop getting mad at me for simply stating facts. If you wanna discuss the history I'm all ears DM me on discord. If you wanna get mad at facts I can't help with that.

I Learned my lesson don't worry: Never question anime on SHL.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

11-17-2020, 02:55 PMhockeyiscool Wrote: I might be wrong, I often am... but I believe the joke was initially missed and since it went over the head of others it was transitioned into an awareness attempt of the scientific dangers of nuclear radiation.
yea thanks, you got it. wont make that error again.

Platoon    Timber

11-17-2020, 03:04 PMsuavemente Wrote:
11-17-2020, 02:51 PMteztify Wrote: So your claim is that anime became a thing because the Japanese have small brains as a result of pre-natal exposure to radiation due to the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombing.

Which was created by a man who was already an adult when the bombs were dropped, and lived in a different city.

Perhaps you should stop.

My initial statement was a joke referencing something historically tragic which I cited.
To think that the bombings didn't reset the culture and give rise to anime is simply inaccurate.
You should read into why it was called Mighty Atom, why the character was designed the way he was, and what audience the character was created for.
Every single article you could possibly look up about origin of Manga/Anime and its distinct character design style links back to Tezuka. The guy who created Mighty Atom. Some say he took his influence from Disney but many think he developed a style in response to the cultural and physiologically shattering event that is getting your homeland bombed by nuclear weapons. Maybe also look up why Godzilla exists...
Perhaps you should stop getting mad at me for simply stating facts. If you wanna discuss the history I'm all ears DM me on discord. If you wanna get mad at facts I can't help with that.

I don't think anyone objects to the idea that the bombings influenced Japanese culture, or their historical significance in inspiring characters.

People object to your blanket statement that the Japanese have small brains and it makes them like weird shit. It's racist. Or would I be good to say that about black culture and expect to not get any blowback?

Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

I just wanted to talk about waifus

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 03:10 PM by suavemente.)

11-17-2020, 03:07 PMteztify Wrote:
11-17-2020, 03:04 PMsuavemente Wrote: My initial statement was a joke referencing something historically tragic which I cited.

I don't think anyone objects to the idea that the bombings influenced Japanese culture, or their historical significance in inspiring characters.

People object to your blanket statement that the Japanese have small brains and it makes them like weird shit. It's racist. Or would I be good to say that about black culture and expect to not get any blowback?

Saying Prenatal exposure to atomic radiation causes birth defects is not fucking racist, it could happen to babies of any race. What the fuck?

Platoon    Timber

11-17-2020, 03:04 PMsuavemente Wrote:
11-17-2020, 02:51 PMteztify Wrote: So your claim is that anime became a thing because the Japanese have small brains as a result of pre-natal exposure to radiation due to the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombing.

Perhaps you should stop.

You don't get to play the victim and state your own conclusions as fact.  Please explain how radiation in two cities affects the brain development of an entire country.
Obviously, WW2 reset Japan culturally as it did many others.  And huge surprise after the nationalist movement wound up with so many dead the culture softened.
Your statement that a lack of brain delevopment led to anime is nuts.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 03:13 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

11-17-2020, 03:10 PMsuavemente Wrote:
11-17-2020, 03:07 PMteztify Wrote: I don't think anyone objects to the idea that the bombings influenced Japanese culture, or their historical significance in inspiring characters.

Saying Prenatal exposure to atomic radiation causes birth defects is not fucking racist, it could happen to babies of any race. What the fuck?

No, but "It's proof that is was so debilitating to the Japanese culture that was effectively a reset and the radioactive nature of the land made the food give people small brains and so they thought that if they put big eyes on things it makes it cool and cute." is.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

11-17-2020, 03:10 PMsuavemente Wrote:
11-17-2020, 03:07 PMteztify Wrote: I don't think anyone objects to the idea that the bombings influenced Japanese culture, or their historical significance in inspiring characters.

Yeah, but that's not what your initial "joke" said.

Quote:t's proof that is was so debilitating to the Japanese culture that was effectively a reset and the radioactive nature of the land made the food give people small brains and so they thought that if they put big eyes on things it makes it cool and cute. Anime is truly a reverberance of the actions of war and a cautionary tale against the use of nukes.

Blanket statement, that you applied to all Japanese. And then decided anime is the result of it, despite the creator of Astro Boy, which you used as proof, being an adult when the bombs were dropped - not a baby experiencing prenatal exposure.

But sure, keep doubling down.

Yo you all wild. Have fun.

Good shit: DBZ, Akira, Redline

Bad shit: Whatever y'all are sipping on.

Platoon    Timber

bro who the fuck cares just let people watch what they want

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

bro what the actual fuck is wrong with you

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

11-17-2020, 03:15 PMsuavemente Wrote: Yo you all wild. Have fun.

Good shit: DBZ, Akira, Redline

Bad shit: Whatever y'all are sipping on.

get your head examined lol

next up: Cartoons are the work of steve + gates trying to indoctrinate the youth to further profit margins

literally give your head a shake what the fuck

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 03:23 PM by SDCore.)

[/quote]
It's proof that is was so debilitating to the Japanese culture that was effectively a reset and the radioactive nature of the land made the food give people small brains and so they thought that if they put big eyes on things it makes it cool and cute. Anime is truly a reverberance of the actions of war and a cautionary tale against the use of nukes.
[/quote]

This is what you said, you might want to re-read this "joke". You basically said that a nuclear bomb, caused Japanese people to have underdeveloped brains, which led to a thing you don't like, saying that America is at fault for creating Japanese people to have small brains and create anime... That is racist...

Also, stop using Astro Boy as your reference to that. As someone who studied this, it was made SPECIFICALLY to quell your point. It was made as an ANTI-WAR, ANTI-RASCISM device.

"According to Osamu Tezuka, the main themes of much of the manga he had created, specifically Astro Boy, were that of anti-war, the preservation of nature, and discrimination, which had emanated from his childhood experiencing the devastation of World War II"

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]