Create Account

S57 PT #1 - Attributes Off The Ice

When dealing with social situations off the ice, Kev Kevens' passing ability ensures he never gets into a situation he doesn't want to be in, as well as ensuring small requests for access to certain out of reach dinner items are fulfilled quickly. Before covid concerns could be used as an excuse to avoid social gatherings, Kev would use his great passing ability to calmly and confidently tell people "nah, I'll pass" when invited to extended family events or uninteresting gatherings. This skill of passing was not only useful verbally to politely reject unwanted offers, but also during everyday meals whenever someone asked for something out of reach. "Hey Kev, could you pass the salt" was always a phrase he was prepared for. Not only would Defensive Read provide Kev with an early sense that the question was about be asked, but his supreme passing ability allowed for the salt to already be in the requester's hands before the question was even finished.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2020, 12:40 AM by Wawazat.)

REFLEXES

*Note* A side effect of dramatic improvement in “Reflexes” you will develop a slight accent and dramatic music effects suddenly appear ..hey I warned you.

[Image: Untitled-5.jpg][Image: 189-1895167_american-flag-superman-logo.png]

UPDATE PAGE

Quote:S56 WJC AWARDS
“Our third award is one that is dear to my heart as a SHL goaltender… The Peter Larson Award for the Top Goalie! This is voted by the GMs and considers both the round robin and medal rounds. The S56 Winner of the Peter Larson Award is….…
C.K. Supernaw! “

Battleborn Usa

As a goaltender, many of our attributes cross over into the realm of the non-hockey world.

Mental Toughness - I can easily overcome the holiday season when my mother and father in law come to our home to visit. Having to listen to them pander to me about what I will do when my SHL career ends is something I have to tolerate and play nicely with, and my above average mental toughness helps me easily overcome this challenge.

Goaltender Stamina - I am really good at standing still and moving short distances with heavy clothes on over a long period of time. If I need to like, go ice fishing or something in a parka, this will suit me well.

Reflexes - Super dad mode engaged. Dads have notoriously strong reflexes, snatching their children or other children from certain perils at the very last second before disaster strikes. Eller's left hand shoots out like a cobra striking it's prey, snatching his daughter before she falls onto her face.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Mental Toughness

This one is a given for all the available choices that makes the most overall sense. Why is that? Well life can toss at you plenty of interesting scenarios from injuries, diseases, family related stuff, and maybe marrying that first pretty puck bunny blonde you saw for her to try and take half your stuff. Mental Toughness can be applied across all aspects of the game and life in general, and those who have the most will always push past all the hardships of life to make what they can of it. If you were able to sport a Mental Toughness of 20 as a goalie? Well think how clutch that would be come playoffs if the team had a bad go for a game. What about if a winger coughs up the puck in Overtime and it leads to the game winning goal? Imagine as a super star player your son comes up to you mid young hockey career and says he wants to major in English/ Gender studies? Mental Toughness has unlimited applications as you can see.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]
[Image: 9sKIbXE.png]

The attributes I spend my TPE on can also be really helpful when playing football. Especially for Quarterbacks they are essential and could make one of the best players ever.
First, you can take advantage of faceoffs, when the coin toss is happening. Many would say it‘s a lot of luck, but if you are invested in the topic, you may get some advantages out of it.
Screening is useful for getting an overview of the players on the field. Defensive Read of course is essential, you need to read the opposing team, what they are going to run. Offensive Read on the other side is needed for you own play, for your reads before throwing. Puckhandling will let you avoid fumbling, as well as Agility, Balance and Speed is needed for your ground game and when you move in the pocket. You can even take advantage from attributes like Checking, Hitting, Shot Blocking, Strength, Fighting, Aggression and Bravery when you feel the urge to block for you HB. Passing, Shooting Accuracy and Shooting Range are very handy to complete your passes.
I think that‘s why I‘m such a good QB when playing football, maybe I should consider a transition to another sports.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

With SHL stars being in the public eye more and more, it is important that players be aware of their presence and do their best to stay in the good graces of SHL fans and the internet at large. No team's management group is going to want to deal with a player's rant about 5G turning the lizard people into commie nazis or whatever going viral and putting them in a less than favorable spotlight. It is also important for social site savvy players to know when people are not worth the effort and to stop all interactions with them. That is why for Nat Emerson his offensive read and block stats are so important. With an offensive read of 17, Emerson is pretty good at not saying anything that is too controversial. Or if it is controversial it is something benign like who the best pokemon is (Charizard BTW). Having the strong sense of what is offensive and what is not allows Emerson to chirp fans and be seen as lovable and not a total dick bag. For when things do get too heated Emerson is quick to throw out the blocks and keep the experience on his end enjoyable. Those two stats allow for Emerson to have a strong presence on the internet and come out smelling like roses and with his sanity in tact.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT!

[Image: W8ZyU0w.png]
[Image: EilhEKw.gif]

Wolfpack Canada Battleborn

Bo Kane is a partier and loves to hit up local bars at every city he travels to for games. Offensive read is important for this as it allows him to look for potential partners that are obtainable throughout the night. Another important attribute is Passing as it allows him to be a wingman for fellow teammates. Getting Open is another good one as you can't just find the girl, you have to be available as well. To continue on with this, Shooting Accuracy is VERY important. If you got no game, you ain't scoring. In order to talk to these girls, you have to be confident which is where Bravery comes into play. Whenever you have finally found the one, Stamina plays a key part for reasons we will not get into. But of course, not every night is successful. Sometimes you shoot, and you just don't score. That is where Mental Toughness comes into play. You need to be able to take rejection without it destroying your confidence. Lastly, Recovery and Rebound are key parts of the night as once the rejection happens you need to be able to pull yourself back up and get back into the game to continue trying to score.

Falcons Canada

Anton Mihailov aiming to be as balanced as can at physically, but also mental way. He did a yoga and meditate daily. His aggression is 5, the lowest possible and it will stay at 5 forever. Also his Bravery is low as possible, even he's fighter, he is not too much brave. He prefer long and succesful career and that's why Balance and Agility, including with Stamina will help him for sure, in ice rink, but also yoga. He also use his Positioning to avoid traffic issues and he prefer bicycle more than a car, because bicycle will also train his Speed and Stamina very well. It's also good to the nature, for sure! Of course Anton is sometimes very lazy ass and spend time at his home playing games, offensive and defensive reads help him see what's going on at game and what's the best move to do. It also help him in the ice rink too.

(158 words)

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

My skills in hitting have really helped up my dating game off the ice. Sure, in the figurative sense it helps with hitting on the ladies if you want to stretch it that way. But even for the on-ice definition of having the ability to stick close to your assigned target on defense or pick up anyone that comes into your zone well, it translate well into this dating behavior. I've found that women really like it when you stay very close to them at all times (except bathroom breaks - had to learn that the hard way). By making them the center of attention at all times, they can see how much you care about them. I tried applying my checking skills at first too, but outside of "checking women out" (ok, they don't really like that either), women really don't like being constantly jostled in normal life. Really gotta find myself a female hockey player to take full advantage of my abilities.

[Image: gotze_team_siggy.png]
[Image: lKRNHAn.png]

ISFL PT Username: PMoney

[Image: 6qrMAC2.png]

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I think stamina is the most helpful because it can be so broadly applicable in off ice situations. Physical exertion is an obvious area where stamina is key as being able to work out longer or run longer will greatly increase the results of the activity. Stamina would also come in handy when considered in a mental capacity. For example, being able to have the stamina to maintain a solid attention span in a classroom would yield better results, similar to working out. Working a job on an assembly line would also make great use of stamina. As the work day goes on, it would be very difficult to maintain a good production output if stamina is too low as the body would get tired more easily and either slow production down or even make some uncharacteristic mistakes that would not happen without fatigue. Ultimately, I think this is the most important stat off ice simply from the range of activities that higher stamina benefits both mentally and physically.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2020, 05:59 PM by suavemente.)

Since flash died its almost impossible to host .gif anywhere.

https://imgur.com/a/AFWVGK4
https://twitter.com/LeeroyPoster/status/...4802318337

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

pt pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!