Create Account

S57 PT #1 - Attributes Off The Ice

What could be the absolute best attribute for getting into trouble? Aggression? Fighting? No. It's Low Shots. That's right, you're a master at taking cheap shots - hitting em when they're down. Take advantage of whatever they're vulnerable about and get decked in the process.

Of course now that you've gotten your ass kicked you're in the hospital. Easy going with high recovery. You pop some pills and you're ready for round 2... though maybe you should let it rest. But uh oh, now you're addicted to pain meds. What can help with that? High rebound. Rehab is no sweat with 20 rebound. A week later and you're glued to that wagon once again.

Basically what I'm saying here is that goalies have it really good in the SHL world. But after all that they might just crack if they don't have enough mental toughness.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Winter is well on the way.

Winter brings a whole host of challenges, especially for someone living in Finland. There's the cold, the cold, and even more cold. Now, you might think this is a good place to make some reference to Stamina, or perhaps to Strength. And surely, such fortitude is necessary for any living in a frosty climate. But for Heikkinen, something else has emerged as a surprising on-ice strength turned off-ice boon. That is, stickchecking. The winter months are hard enough, but Heikkinen tends to travel to his family's cottage, well up into the north of the country. With no electricity, he and his family rely on an old wood stove to keep warm over the holiday weeks.

How does that relate to stick-checking? Well, if you've ever tried to clean out a chimney, you'll know full well. It takes a remarkable amount of coordination to get a chimney sweep jammed up into an old chimney, and even more to make sure you can unlodge whatever ash and soot have gotten stuck in there. It's a regular nightmare, but given his intense training in stickchecking this off-season, it's one that Heikkinen has made himself that much more talented at handling. Removing ash from the chimney is, after all, not so different from poking the puck out of the grasp of an opposing defender. It's the same sort of hand-eye coordination, the same proficiency with handling a long, unwieldy stick, and it has the same risks of winding up grievously injured. On ice, it's if you get hit. With a chimney, it's if you decide to stand too near the chute and wind up with a face-full of year old soot.

[Image: FReZg9W.png]

Over the last few seasons, Akira Ren has worked hard to improve his positioning. This is an area he has really lacked on the ice as well as off the ice. While it was bad enough that his coaches would yell at him for being out of position on the ice leading to the other team scoring, he also gets yelled at by his teammates during video game night for being out of position. He also has terrible luck and always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time leading to humorous accidents such as having bird poop land on him. His positioning could also use some work in some R related activities in the bedroom but we won’t get into that here. Another attribute that Ren is working on is passing. Ren has always been a slow driver and as he improves his passing hopefully he will be able to pass other cars when driving to practice and not always be so late!

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Aggression - When you walking out of the grocery store and notice an absolute moron litter in front of you and you need to shame them like a puppy who just peed in the house. when you are an old man around this league sometime you just gotta pop some steroids instead of personal training. This aggression does wonders on and off the ice. On the ice, I'm more aggressive. Off the ice, well i have found myself yelling at people in the parking lot no matter where i go around town. THERES ALWAYS SOME ASSHAT THAT FEELS THE NEED TO LITTER THEIR CIGARETTE BUTT INSTEAD OF THROW IT IN THE TRASH CAN THEY ARE RIGHT ABOUT WALK BY. Like i said its become a fun habit of mine to release some aggression off-ice and its only time till we end up on reddit.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

12-03-2020, 12:23 AMBlastmeaway Wrote: Aggression - When you walking out of the grocery store and notice an absolute moron litter in front of you and you need to shame them like a puppy who just peed in the house. when you are an old man around this league sometime you just gotta pop some steroids instead of personal training. This aggression does wonders on and off the ice. On the ice, I'm more aggressive. Off the ice, well i have found myself yelling at people in the parking lot no matter where i go around town. THERES ALWAYS SOME ASSHAT THAT FEELS THE NEED TO LITTER THEIR CIGARETTE BUTT INSTEAD OF THROW IT IN THE TRASH CAN THEY ARE RIGHT ABOUT WALK BY. Like i said its become a fun habit of mine to release some aggression off-ice and its only time till we end up on reddit.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Goku's main attributes on and off the ice are speed and acceleration. When he has the skates on, he can blow by defenders by hitting his top speed faster than they can even get set - helplessly flailing with their sticks as he leaves them behind, on his way to another breakaway goal and sick celly. He uses the same attitude off the ice, especially when he driving. Everyone knows when they see a slick purple Lambo zipping by them on Winnipeg's streets that it is just Goku doing Goku things. He doesn't obey speed limits at all and is all about 0-100 as fast as he can off every red light. Cops only pull him over when they want free tickets to games, otherwise they leave him alone because everyone loves to see a beautiful machine operating at top capacity. Quick acceleration and top speeds which would fell a lesser mortal, that is Goku's signature. On the ice or on the streets, Goku lives on the edges of the extreme! (175 words)

[Image: dZqcwmW.jpg?format=webp&width=710&height=473]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
Argonauts        S77 SHL DRAFT 4TH OVERALL PICK          Argonauts
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

PBE Welfare

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

For Jst Maro key attributes for his fishing hobby would be Positioning, Stamina and Agility
At fishing for good catch first you need to find yourself good spot, where fishes are in abundance. Maro is very week in this attribute with only 9, that is why he very rarely find good spot for fishing.
Next skill is stamina. You need to be patient to catch a fish and once you got it, there might be a long fight to get it out. Maro have very good stamina (14) for young player that is why he can be out there for a very long time and also can fight with fish for almost an hour.
To get a fish out of the water you need agility. Speed, balance and stickchecking also helps a bit but agility is most important here. With 13 agility Maro is capable of geting big fish out of water.
So in last two years Maro improved as fisherman a lot, but he still needs guide to show him good fishing spots. If he fishes on his own he still finds and catches a lot of garbage.

[Image: Zyhl0FL.png]

If there would be one attribute that has attributed to the daily life of Bork Lazer it would be checking. This however translates into a different type of checking. I'm stead of hitting or causing physical disruption it is more of a action disruption. It usually is verbal. Bork Lazer has made it his mission to simp check the entire Hamilton Steelhawk locker room. This is why @Gwdjohnson is no longer co general manager of the Hamilton Steelhawks. Bork Lazer checked gabe and he did not pass the simp check and was booted from a managerial role for the team. Bork Lazer then checked new co general manager @dmills3 Mills passed the vibe check and was deemed a certified Chad. If anyone had an issue with this decision would have to deal with the real life fighting attribute of Bork Lazer. Everyone knew to not challenge the big daddy Chad bork lazer to this test of combat.

[Image: lazer2.png]

For everyday life great balance and strength likely would be advantageous almost daily but to fill Björn's free time and help with his passions like fishing, racing or hunting we have to take look bit further and while Björn is very developed player I don't see his best attributes playing much of a role in any of these activities. But when looking for tier below we can find stuff like shooting range, which could come handy while hunting, though accuracy is still debatable. As Björn is more of an rally driver than racing wheel to wheel I don't expect bravery or getting open helping there as much but positioning might make picking right driving line easier but I doubt speed or acceleration of the player can help with the car, though they are not exactly his strengths anyway so it is likely a good thing. Guess it falls down to stamina to keep on fishing for all day long.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Hippo is not a goalie but could certainly use the rebound attribute in real life. You see, much like one of his idols he's picked up a really bad habit.
He's been screaming in furious bursts of rage at the TV screen in random fashion. Snapping at his loved ones without just cause.
His girlfriend has threatened to leave him if he doesn't change his behavior soon enough.
You see Hippo Passamuss is technological inept. He doesn't know how to work a cellphone or a computer at all. That does not bode well for someone with a budding Fortnite addiction. But when he plays with his hockey buddies it all goes to shit.
Someone swapped the keys for movement and shooting on his keyboard and really need to learn why they are all rebound.
If you want to help Hippo Passamus with his computer problems you can tweet solutions to him @HippoPassamus on twitter with instructions. He can't wait to clap the rest of SHL in Fortnite in his usual fashion.

RETIRED

Oh boy I think a lot of these attributes would be quite useful in real life... Even though I hope I'm never gonna go on a "Shooting Rage", but who knows these days given what concussions can do to a players brain over the course of a career. Even though I'm not a goalie I think one of the best attributes to have is great reflexes as they can help you in a ton of circumstances, both with every day stuff and in high stakes situation. But maybe there is nothing more important than mental toughness, in today's world that has become so partisan, with people being constantly bombarded by information and with mental illness cases on a sharp rise, having the mental resilience and composure to deal with those challenges is invaluable and probably more helpful than any physical tool you can have especially as it can not just help yourself deal with those situation but also equip you to make things better for the people around you.

With Sean Gatez's agility, acceleration, and defensive/offensive awareness being elevated, he is an absolute beast in the grocery store. Walking in the doors he quickly lays out his plan of attack along with the positions of his enemies (other shoppers). He heads to the produce section and quickly darts in between people snagging the best looking, non bruised apples before his counter parts can grab them. He spins past another shopper like greased lightning to get to the tomatoes and avocados. He snags the plastic produce bags quickly and collects the last bunch of cilantro on the shelf. Moving into the aisles he asses the layout of other patrons quickly and sets his cart in a section of the aisle that isn't in anyone else's way while he picks out his canned goods. Maneuvering his way to the refrigerated section with the milk and eggs he glances over at the registers and sees lines starting to form. Realizing he is now playing against the clock the breaks into a sprint while pushing his cart. Without slowing down he grabs a few dozen eggs and a few gallons of whole milk while redirecting the cart towards the registers. He sees a register just about finishing up with another customer and no one is in line yet. He makes eye contact with another shopper, and BOOM they are off in a foot race to register 12. Utilizing his acceleration he gets to the belt with a few seconds to spare. It seems this is his life every week, and he loves it.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

Getting open and Stamina have proven to be extremely useful in Baltimore to help with avoiding the heavy density of politicians around the Baltimore area. Honestly they are just the worst, always hounding everyone for every last penny to their name, and now that Karl has established himself as an every day player, with 6 zeroes in the bank account those politicians want a chunk of that. Constantly calling his private number, sending personalized emails about how his contribution will help make the country amazing.
This is where stamina has been coming in helpful. It's exhausting dodging these money hungry vultures. Give them a penny, they ask for a dime. No matter who is in power it's always the same story with nothing changing, so Karl has found it important to be able to get away from these fiends, and when he isn't able to find an open area free of politicians, than he requires the stamina to endure their constant pandering, excuses and double speak.

Code:
169 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

I have played enough Dungeons & Dragons to know that dexterity is a pretty key stat in a lot of non-hockey situations, and while DEX itself is not an attribute in our system, I think Agility is a pretty good stand-in. Basically I think agility would make it harder for people to land a hit on poor innocent Gunnar if he were to get into a bad situation. It would make it easier for him to dodge out of the way if someone tried to punch him, and it would make it easier for him to keep from getting hit while he was figuring out how to get out of the situation. Another great thing about agility is it makes it easier for Gunnar to play with his dog when Maxim gets feisty and wants to play some energetic dog games. He likes to play keep away with his toys, and agility helps Gunnar keep up with him when he is ducking and dodging and hiding underneath the coffee table and such.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .